What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Zosherooney » March 5th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Shroom omelette and a slice of toast for brekkie

HM veg soup for Mr. Z. I had diced pear and blue cheese melted in he m'wave and a slice of malt loaf

Supper is pulled marinated duck with stir fried veg in a chapati.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 5th, 2018, 11:47 pm

Fruit, yoghurt and granola on Friday morning.
Nando's lunch at work and I had chicken breast with rice and corn on the cob.
Tea was special fried rice I suppose. A perfect use up of all the things lurking about... a small red onion, mange tout, baby corn, broccoli, a red chilli, a tin of m&s ham (god knows how we ended up with that), king prawns, eggs, frozen peas. Then obviously the usual... garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy, etc.

Saturday I had veggie sausage, potato waffle, egg and tomato.
Then a jaffa cake bar en route to Penrith-ish.
Cracker crisps whilst making tea in the cottage.
A pasta bake with lots of veg, minced beef, cheese on top, etc. and garlic bread.

Sunday... full cooked breakfast.
Tea and cake in the afternoon.
Full pub tea which was beautiful... Thai flavoured (but British mashed potato based type) fishcake to start. Gammon, chips, egg, mushroom, tomato and pineapple relish for main. It was only after it arrived that I realised it wasn't too dissimilar to breakfast :oops:

Today, fruit salad with yoghurt AND a (small) cooked breakfast
Coffee and biscuit in the cottage whilst waiting for the youngster to wake from a 2 hour snooze!!
A chicken and pesto pizza late afternoon before the drive home.
Didn't bother with anything else but now I'm in bed with a rumbling tummy!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 6th, 2018, 11:07 am

Yesterday i had porridge, a banana, some nuts and dried fruit, a naughty Reeces chewy bar (don't know the name) and a black bean, chipotle and Cheddar hot sandwich from Eat. Actually it was black bean, chipotle and cheedar. I realized I probably should, as an editor, not have bought it, but that could have been cutting my nose off to spite my face. Actually, it was a bit lacklustre. There wasn't enough cheedar in it...

No dinner. I went out, and felt so ill when I got home that I couldn't face anything. Damn virus thing...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 6th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Hope you are feeling better today Herb. :hug:

I woke late to a cup of grapefruit tea courtesy of my nearby Polish shop then slightly earlier than usual lunch of tomato soup spiced up a bit with chick peas and diced courgettes added. This is fast becoming my favourite homemade soup. I must add it to the Soup thread.

I shall eat a banana on the way to Chi Kung. When I get back I will have egg, chips and beans for dinner. I haven't had that since I gave up eggs as a teenager. Buttered bread may feature. :hungry:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 6th, 2018, 1:28 pm

EmWilk wrote:Tea was special fried rice I suppose. A perfect use up of all the things lurking about... a small red onion, mange tout, baby corn, broccoli, a red chilli, a tin of m&s ham (god knows how we ended up with that), king prawns, eggs, frozen peas. Then obviously the usual... garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy, etc

I often do this for the kids. It is one of their favourites and if I can made extra it goes in school packed lunches the following day. It is amazing of much veg I can pack in to it
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 6th, 2018, 10:23 pm

I replaced the fried egg with my chips and beans with a Southern Fried style Quorn burger as I couldn't be bothered with an extra pan to wash. It was okay but I won't bother buying the burgers again. No taste that I could detect.

I still have a stray half white cabbage knocking about and wondered about making this cabbage and peanut butter dish tomorrow with veg chilli and garlic bread. Would this tickle anyone's fancy?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/many ... able_35397
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 7th, 2018, 1:17 pm

We had a really fantastic lunch at a small plates restaurant in our village on Sunday...(have just checked their website for descriptions!)... we had...

buttermilk fried chicken with salt brined jalapenos and smoked paprika sour cream
black onion seeded sea bass fillet, pickled moulis and five spiced celeriac
salt and pepper butter fried squid, crispy fried gnocchi, black garlic aioli
panko fried white crab croquettes with salt and vinegar saffron aioli
chopped and dressed salad (possibly the most delicious side salad i've ever eaten - it was a work of art but more importantly tasted amazing)

DD had one of their children's dishes of ciabatta with mixed cheese, tomatoes and basil, but tasted some bits of ours too. All in all a very nice impromptu lunch on a cold Sunday.

It's gone downhill since then! We've both got some sort of virus and DD has now been diagnosed with scarlet fever which is doing the rounds here. We've not felt much like eating for the last 3 days but there's been some soup, porridge, toast, eggs, fruit, yogurts etc eaten.

Last night I made an old university staple of a breakfast bake. It involves par boiling slices of potatoes, and frying some sausage meatballs with chopped bacon, mushrooms, onions... maybe some peppers, cherry tomatoes, herbs, garlic and some spinach at the end if you have any. Then layer it up in an oven dish, dolloping a spoonful of cold baked beans here and there as you go. Finish with a final layer of potatoes and lots of grated cheddar on top before baking for half an hour. I'd not had it for many years but its the first thing we'd eaten much of in days and DD declared it delicious. I know it sounds pretty revolting :lol:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 7th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Late breakfast of muesli and an apple.

Late lunch of veggie lasagne with salad and a few of my mum's chips.

Dinner will be egg mayo and tomato in a toasted pitta and a strawberry yoghurt later.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 7th, 2018, 11:44 pm

Sounds amazing OMCO.

Can't think when I last updated. As a whine I can't remember when I have been under so much pressure work wise - I woke OH up sobbing in the night last night. But at least it made me realise I can't do everything and can't live like this. But I'm a foodie and I'm not doing enough cooking!!!! sunday (I think I've said this :oops: ) made mahi wrapped in Parma ham with loads of veg :chops: . Monday was a bank holiday and after a long run, had a bacon burger for lunch - sensational! Dinner was fresh spring rolls . Last night I was invited out for dinner as part of a board I am on for recovery post hurricane - feel way too young to be on a board and a complete imposter but it was actually lovely. An Indian restaurant has recently opened so we shared starters of samosas and chicken lollipops and then I had a chick pea curry . Today was roti Wednesday for lunch and just heating up lentil and aubergine chili from the freezer. Still excited to have a freezer....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 7th, 2018, 11:47 pm

I had a banana
nuts and dried fruit
a giant Reeces' cup :oops:
A Daddy Donkey naked vegetarian burrito for lunch (i.e. the filling without the tortilla
dinner was two small pieces of cheese on rosehip and carrot bread toast with smoked marmalade. The latter overwhelmed the former alas.

It's so long since I made cheese on toast, I couldn't remember how to turn the grill on (it's complicated...)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » March 8th, 2018, 8:22 am

I went out for lunch with some friends. We went to the Kings Arms at Boxley, Kent.
Pork tenderloin with roasted apple sauce, buttered chicken with lemon and thyme, and a veggie wellington with ricotta, stilton and chard. Followed by a white chocolate terrine with raspberry coulis.
An absolutely spectacular lunch. If anyone is ever down Maidstone way, I wholehearteldly recommend this place.
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 8th, 2018, 9:27 am

Sounds great Clive.

Hope you're ok Rocky. I'm sure this is easier said than done but please try to make some time for personal downtime. Have you spoken to your superior about how overworked you feel? :hug:

Breakfast was a small bowl of cereal. I might go in search of a noodle soup at lunchtime.

I haven't the foggiest about dinner, i'm almost too tired to think about it. The veg and meat/fish box will have arrived so something out of that...

White onions
Green kale
Golden beetroot
Baby spinach
Celeriac
Potatoes
Chestnut mushrooms

Venison minute steaks
Coley fillets
Chicken breasts

Anyone?! :? :D

Feels a bit like a ready steady cook mystery box or whatever they were called.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 8th, 2018, 10:13 am

Rocky sorry I didn’t read back through the thread. Many :hug:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 8th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Rocky I'm sure you are doing as much as you can be expected to do So perhaps it is time to take a step or two back and allow yourself some time for you and your OH.

Yesterday we had the usual coffee and croissants after shopping, Followed by a quick tomato tart with green salad for lunch ie discs of frozen puff pastry topped with fresh sliced tomatoes, Parmesan and herbs then cooked.
Supper was chilli con carne with an avocado salsa and rice and pudding was chilli mango hedgehogs.

Today Mr R had a coffee in town while waiting for the car to be serviced. Lunch was the rest of the pease puddn, fried until crisp with a couple of rashers of bacon and a fried egg on top. Coffee and a square of chocolate afterwards.
I am planning Lyonnaise chicken for supper with broccoli and I have a lovely pineapple which will feature somewhere.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Amber » March 8th, 2018, 10:30 pm

Ooh, I haven’t had fried pease pudding since I was a child. I might have to try some soon.
Amber
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 9th, 2018, 9:31 am

Last night we ended up making a rich red wine risotto topped with seared strips of venison fillet. Delicious. I included some spinach and mushrooms in the risotto and we had some steamed and buttered kale on the side. It was an iron fest!

I'm going to have prets salmon, sushi rice and edamame box for lunch today.

OH has promised a fish pie for us all when I get home from work.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 9th, 2018, 9:53 am

Yesterday was muesli for breakfast, lunch was a toasted pitta with egg mayonnaise and loads of lettuce. So much lettuce I couldn't really taste the egg through it all! Dinner was cabbage with peanut butter and veg chilli. Loads of cabbage leftover, I kept picking at it all evening, delicious!

Today with stuff going on will be a play it by ear day.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 10th, 2018, 10:54 am

I made celery soup and ciabatta for lunch and we had some more mango.

Supper was kedgeree - having found a rare treat -smoked haddock - in town on Wednesday. I did half the pineapple roasted with rum and honey for afterwards.

Today we had crumpets with some of the latest batch of Seville orange curd after the market.
There is soup from yesterday for lunch and I'll do some grilled cheese on cibatta slices to go with it. We'll finish the pieapple
I'm thinking morrillllles mushroom omelette for supper and Mr R managed to sneak into the patiserrie this morning but won't tell me what he bought .
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 10th, 2018, 11:07 am

Thank you all :hug: :hug: Much appreciated. Part of it is the volume of work but it is also the responsibility of it. What I do is so directly related to the recovery of the place so if I get it wrong or decide not to do x, y, z I know it has a negative impact.... And I was fortunate enough to get a massive promotion into the job so don't really want to moan about work.

Anyway, on Thursday we had friends over. They had brought a Caesar salad to start with lots of lovely white anchovies :chops: . Then I had done that Sicilian sausage stew that I have mentioned on here before. Leftovers for lunch yesterday at my desk. Had intended to cook something nice but at the last minute had to go to the leaving do of the UK funded electricity workers - great they've done so much but it's been great having them around. Anyway, just had drinks there and then picked up a Chinese takeaway - beef and broccoli, hot and sour soup and roast pork noodles.

Today we will have smoked salmon and scrambled egg for lunch watching rugby. Trying to decide on dinner but I am wondering about pork fillet. Sadly I just went to look at my handwritten recipe book of favourites and realised Irma stole it :cry: There is a nice recipe of BBCGOODFOOD for pork with lemon gremolata I might make....
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Yesterday I had muesli and orange juice for breakfast.

Lunch as a treat was from my aunt ahead of job centre at a cafe in the indoor market called Delicious, and it was. West Indian veggie pattie, rice and peas, spinach and we shared a fried dumpling.

I had a little bit of peanut butter cabbage so spiced it up a bit and had it with noodles for dinner.

Breakfast this morning was the last of my muesli (must buy more tomorrow, love it!).

Lunch after my mammoth swim was toasted pitta with mushroom pate and lettuce. I am now still hungry but holding out for dinner and trying to resist a piece of chocolate cake my nephew gave me the other day.

Dinner will be leek and potato soup which I have added turmeric to for a change. I'll cook some garlic bread later to go with it.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 10th, 2018, 5:30 pm

I should careful of your calorie intake Tezza. Muesli, a pitta sandwich and soup with some garlic bread doesn't sound like a lot for one day especially as your body's healing and you're becoming more physically active. More protein will help

Today I had marmite on toast for breakfast with orange juice. I work with disabled adults and we all went out for a Toby Carvery today. It was pretty bog standard tbh, but the reception we got made up for it, as some places can roll their eyes when a group of disabled adults turn up for a meal.

Feeling very full from lunch, so plan is to watch a film tonight with a few drinks. Have some nibbly bits like mixed nuts and I think some frozen spring rolls in the freezer if I get hungry later .
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby smitch » March 10th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Breakfast was croissants with jam and a coffee. Dinner was Pollen sourdough bread with cheese and pickles :chops:

Tea will be my version of Jamie Oliver’s rotolo pasta. I add more herbs and spices than in the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/squash-and-spinach-pasta-rotolo/13776/. I forgot about my squash roasting in the oven, luckily I had more :rolleyes:
smitch
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 7:37 pm

I am watching my calorie intake by only having very small portions. I wouldn't usually eat bread twice in one day, it just happened that way, tomorrow I'll have none. Muesli is about two dessertspoons full with skimmed milk, and the soup from one leek and three potatoes fed me tonight, neighbour (he took most of the garlic bread), a portion for tomorrow and a portion for my mum. So small portions of soup! I'm actually surprised I only did one pitta after my swim as I was starving! I resisted the chocolate cake and have had strawberries instead!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby smitch » March 10th, 2018, 7:53 pm

I think PKC was more concerned about how little you’re eating and wasn’t suggesting you’re eating too much. As she says, your body is healing from a major injury and will need calories.
smitch
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 10th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Toast first thing.

Friends we go to a childrens dance class with suggested we go for brunch after so I had the eggs royale.

Extra coffees etc after brunch and then they ended up coming back to ours to watch the football and so the children could play for a bit. The dads had a few beers and they stayed for the rugby too! I ended up cooking an impromptu curry for everyone...fish korma, daal, saag aloo, rice, poppadoms, chutney. Lovely but hectic day so I’m ready to watch a film with a glass of red and then head to bed!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Oh I see! Sorry about the confusion. I am a numpty! :lol: I suppose being so inactive for so long means I haven't had much of an appetite, but since walking more, now swimming, I have been over eating as I have been hungrier, have put on a bit of weight as a result, now I want to shift some! I would normally eat more protein than I have today, usually chick peas at least three times a week, other things on other days. Not much protein today, just the milk and yoghurt i had on my muesli i guess. I think it will take a bit of time for my body, muscles, sleep pattern and appetite to get used to exercising again!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 10th, 2018, 8:23 pm

Yeah you’re right smitch. Some of the weight may be muscle mass as you’ve gone from being sedentary due to illness to sudden increase in exercise . I find my fitness pal is a good way to track your dietary intake as , as well as calories, you can see if you’re getting enough nutrients each day, not having a go at all , but i think diets key with any health issues
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 10th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Errrm So what did I eat today :?: ;) ;) ;) You should all know by now :lol: :chops: :lol: :chef: :lol: :hungry:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 9:17 pm

What is a fitness pal please?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 10th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Yeah but you danced most of it off before leaving the table !!!! :lol:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 10th, 2018, 10:20 pm

:D

In addition to the very generous lunch, I also had a bit of home made spicy cornbread that I made last night, and er, some cake, this evening.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 10th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Eeeee, what a week!

Tuesday, I had fruit salad and a boiled egg and soldiers for breakfast.
Somehow skipped lunch.
Tea was... Hmmm, what was it? I want to say veggie sausage and vegetable pasta. I think that's right.

Wednesday, fruit salad again and an alpen light bar.
Lunch was with my long awaited new starter at nando's... grilled chicken breast, rice and corn on the cob.
Tea was spiced salmon served with a vegetable rice concoction.

Thursday, I had more fruit salad :shock: most unlike me.
I had a banging headache, a stressful morning before even leaving the house and then unexpected snow turned my 25 minute journey into 2 hours. A terrible finance meeting didn't help and I ended up with the makings of yet another migraine. I went home for medication, slept it off and then made my way, very late, to a business awards night. I was 80% by then and absolutely starving so I quite enjoyed the meal of feta croquette with broad bean salad; some sort of beef, potato, veg, gravy dish and then finished off with set lemon cream on a ginger biscuit base, lavender macaron, elderflower something or other.
Didn't win any awards though :cry:

Friday, wasn't ideal... alpen light bar and coffee.
McDonald's en route to Manchester :oops:
We had a group meeting at the etihad which was nice and then a set meal at Vermilion... seekh kebabs, spring rolls, spiced king prawns, lamb bhuna, chicken karahi, saag aloo, king prawn Thai curry, rice, naan... there was some sort of dessert also.

So imagine my surprise to have lost a pound at slimming world this morning!
I had breakfast when I got home of soft boiled egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and potato waffle in the absence of bread.
A tomato and mozzarella panini at lunch.
Tea has been a cheaty biryani... packet of cooked basmati rice mixed into some sauteed veg, curry paste from jar and topped with a boiled egg. Plus some indian veggie snacks which were RTC in the shop earlier.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » March 10th, 2018, 11:00 pm

Curiously enough.... I had an almost identical meal to Patsies'.
What a strange coincidence.. :P :D :lol: :lol:
For the first time in years, however, I was absolutely stuffed. Couldn't manage another thing today: even at this late hour, I cannot contemplate anything edible.
Got some nice chipolatas for breakfast, though!!!!
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 11th, 2018, 7:05 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:What is a fitness pal please?

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 11th, 2018, 8:41 am

Thanks for the app link. I am useless with apps! I click on 'Get the app' and nothing happens! It's not the first time! I'll have a better look later! :tu:

As for what I am eating today, no idea! I'm meeting with my mum this lunchtime to give her a Mother's day card and cuddly love heart bear, other than that, It's another play it by ear day on the menu front, although there is a leftover portion of leek and potato soup in the fridge that could be slurped later.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 11th, 2018, 9:55 am

You don't need/have to use an app. That link should take you to a web site.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 11th, 2018, 10:01 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:What is a fitness pal please?

If you google this Teresa you will find out ... I think you can add it as an app on your phone, or just use your pc .. it logs calorie content of food and (possibly) tracks exercise
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 11th, 2018, 10:01 am

Herbidacious wrote:You don't need/have to use an app. That link should take you to a web site.

there you go ;) :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 11th, 2018, 11:35 am

Ended going out for dinner and had chicken schnitzel with mash and veg. OH had seafood linguine. Meeting friends for lunch today at the place I always have the chicken curry - so will almost certainly have that....

For dinner I am going to do the pork with lemon gremolata things. Not sure what to have with it.....

Herb and Pats your meal sounds fab!
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 11th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Right ... I shall try to remember to post here regularly :club:

We were up late this morning so breakfast was just :mug: :mug: :mug: as we had a substantial lunch planned ... lunch was a spicy tofu and vegetable stirfry on wholemeal toast.

Supper will be slow roasted rolled shoulder of lamb on potatoes boulangere accompaned by lots of kale.
I bought the lamb on Friday at a butcher local to my son's place ... I asked if they had rolled shoulder and the butcher said he'd just finished doing one ... if I bought the whole shoulder I could have it for £13 which is the unboned price rather than the boned and rolled price which would have been over £20. Bargain! I've cut it in half and frozen half of it. It's local lamb from the flock near to my son's home ... he's been returning them to their field several times recently :lol:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 11th, 2018, 6:32 pm

Thanks for the info on fitness pal. I haven't had a chance to look at it again yet...but I will.

Breakfast was muesli with chopped fresh strawberries and a glass of orange juice.

Lunch was a girlie roast with my mum, sister and her youngest boy. I had roast chicken dinner, more orange juice.

I am just about to heat up that last portion of leek and potato soup from yesterday.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 11th, 2018, 7:50 pm

Today, my hopes of breakfast in bed were not realised :lol: but I did get a lie in and a brew upon my surfacing (still before 9 though!)

I had brunch instead of egg and beans on toast.
A snack of 2 leftover indian snacks... veg pakoras and onion bhaji I think.
Then out for Mother's Day late lunch with all girls - grandma, mum, 2 aunties, sister, 3 cousins, myself... and Leo! I shared lovely afternoon tea with my sister. Chunky salmon, cheese and chutney, chicken and bacon in tarrahon mayo sandwiches; blueberry and cranberry scones; mini brownie; mini fruit tart; Bakewell and lemon posset. Lots of Earl Grey and a bit of Leo's fishcake and wedges.
Think I'll do without tonight!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 12th, 2018, 8:13 am

Yesterday went a bit wrong. I had some simnel cake mid morning.
lunch was a very small bowl of soggy nachos and an alcohol free beer served in a glass with lipstick (initially). It was an old style pub complete with old style old men pushing in front of me in the queue, I am sure because I am female. Used to happen all the time in the late '80s. Won't be going there again.
To compensate (!), I had a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam when I got home.
Dinner, I am embarrassed to admit, was two 'cauliflower 'steaks' from Sainsburys' . I have been ridiculing these for some time, but clearly novelty got the better of me, and they seemed to be slathered in a buttery 'marinade' which someone had pushed down into it - not something I would want to do really. It was supposed to have a chimichiri thing going on. I suppose I hoped they might be better than the sum of their parts. They were actually quite bland, so I ground some sweet smoked paprika onto them, sprinkled on some Italian garlic seasoning, and served with grated Parmesan. Then they were quite nice but not, of course, very filling, so I had a chunk of (Ikea - the less bland type) cheese! It does bother me a bit that these low protein things are being pushed as meat substitutes though. 2.6g of protein. (96 calories though...) Would I make these myself? At a pinch as part of a diet meal. Maybe.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 12th, 2018, 11:07 am

That sounds like too much like hard work Herbi! I quite like cauli cut into slices, sprinkled with garam masala and roasted in the over as a side dish to curry.

Last night's pork fillet with lemon gremolata was :chops: . Had it with cubed roasted spades and griddled thin slices of courgette.

There were actually two fillets in the packet so we will have to have pork again tonight - any suggestions? One option is sliced and done in some sort of noodle dish but I'd like to be a bit more creative... Today is a public holiday (commonwealth Day) so I have plenty of time. I have also decided to take the week off to regroup and will be (reasonably) disciplined at not looking at emails.....

So a trip to the beach this morning with a friends's borrowed dog, a run and then lunch out sounds like the way to approach today - and then some marvellous pork creation this evening :D
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 12th, 2018, 11:32 am

I was going to suggest slicing the fillet into steaks and beating them out, pannéing them
and making schnitzel (with noodles maybe? ;) )

We used to mark Commonwealth Day when I was at school ......... it seems really odd that we seem to take no notice of it now.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 12th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Nice idea Suffs - thanks!

I wonder why that is. It is clearly important to the Queen as their social media is full of Commonwealth messages today.. (BTW - I know this because I have to follow for work :? )
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 12th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Funny that cauliflower steaks have been mentioned here today and a TV chef on Food Network has also just been cooking them, both of these mentions reminded me I had a cauliflower that needed using up!

So breakfast was a bowl of cornflakes topped with natural yoghurt.

I have a stinking cold and not quite hungry for lunch so instead I have used my cauliflower along with a spud, onions, turmeric, cumin, chilli flakes to make a soup to have on tap for when I do feel hungry. After pureeing I'll stir in the remains of my yoghurt and a tin of chick peas.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 12th, 2018, 3:57 pm

suffolk wrote:I was going to suggest slicing the fillet into steaks and beating them out, pannéing them
and making schnitzel (with noodles maybe? ;) )

We used to mark Commonwealth Day when I was at school ......... it seems really odd that we seem to take no notice of it now.

I take it back ... it is being marked and it's on the news and live on TV etc ... I imagine the death of Ken Dodd plus the Russian Spy updates rather pushed it into the background.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 12th, 2018, 4:50 pm

We went out for an early family meal last night for Mother’s day with our families. I had the house lamb kebab on roti and for main had their garlic chicken masala.

Lunch was part of a garlic mushroom topped pork pie from the deli, plus some salad.

Dinner is going to be fajitas. There is one chicken breast between us plus loads of veg and halloumi. I’ll make salsa and guacamole to go with them.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 12th, 2018, 8:12 pm

I realize I entirely forgot about breakfast.
I had a little twice baked cheese souffle for lunch... and then sticky toffee pudding. In my 'defense', I was feeling very hypoglycemic.
I also had two biscuits and some of those little Ikea cinnamon rolls mid afternoon :oops:
Dinner is going to be broccoli gratin - I have some that needs eating up. Broccoli, creme fraiche, a tiny bit of butter, gouda and cheddar, Quorn bacon, smoked paprika, garlic seasoning topped with coriander and chilli breadcrumbs and pine nuts. I hope it works!

I really need to get my diet back into healthyish gear.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop