What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby EmWilk » April 23rd, 2018, 12:38 am

Nice food all!

Friday night at the awards, I had bruschetta (kind of) to start. Cod with a very strange crust for main with veg and a bit of a chocolate mousse-like slab with ice cream and something. Very average food but an amazing evening!

Yesterday, mushrooms and fried egg on toast.
Lunch was a mug shot :oops:
Tea was a RTC bargain basement mashup of veggie indian snacks, potato croquettes and tomatoey bread. Beige, stodgy, carby and a whopping £1.31 for 2 very greedy plates full.

Today, ham, tomato and mushroom omelette.

I braved going to the retail park with a teething (4 pre molars at once) toddler. Knowing the genuine tears I'd shed over one wisdom tooth only a week or 2 ago, I really ought to have been smarter but off we went, nonetheless. He was an angel, ish, until 10 seconds after we'd sat down in Costa. Poor kid was in agony but he screamed and sobbed to the point where we had to leave, with me almost in as many tears and one single, amazing, sympathetic barista being as wonderful as she could be, insisting that she make fresh brews to go and carton up Leo's untouched soup while the rest of the staff (and customers) looked on in horror/disgust/annoyance :oops: still, what can you do eh? I might go back when he's feeling better just to thank her! He was fine once were home and he'd had some milk after shunning anything solid :( :lol:

Tea was another random oven mix... pizza, wedges, a few quorn nuggets :oops:

Star again tomorrow, this weekend's been tiring!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 23rd, 2018, 6:07 am

The staff at Costa are generally very attentive I've found Em. Glad your barista saved the day!

Yesterday was a bowl of muesli and orange juice. No lunch, up to my eyeballs with unpacking, but I did have one of those oyster vanilla ice cream wafers from an ice cream van at the Downs which was just as good as I remember from the last time I had one as a kid.

Dinner was speedy as I was too tired to feel like cooking! A Linda McCartney burger with mozzarella went in the oven with a slice of garlic bread while I whipped up an egg with sliced mushrooms in the microwave and served it all with a few baked beans.

I must load up on veggies today!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 23rd, 2018, 12:23 pm

We had a fabulous lunch yesterday on a terrace in the sun at a favourite restaurant.

The starter was a delicious light fromage blanc mousse , served like a cheesecake on a parmesan crumble crust with a garnish of baby artichokes. local ham and a beetroot relish.
The mousse was flavoured with finely chopped cucumber and fines herbs.

Main for me was veal sweetbreads cooked in hay served on a white carrot puree with heavenly garlic crisps and a scattering of fresh peas.

Dessert was a chocolate sable topped with a white chocoalte mousse and naccerated strawberries with a strawberry sorbet on the side.

Today we had a piperade for lunch

Supper will be a small pork roast with sage and onion stuffing, turnips Bordelaise and broad beans and a strawberry and rhubarb crumble.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 23rd, 2018, 3:29 pm

No breakfast, just coffee and juice.

Lunch was going to be cheese, cucumber and mayonnaise baguette but my lump of Cheddar had huge mould spores all over it. :sprout: I hadn't wrapped it well enough. So I subbed the cheese for mushroom pate and the mayonnaise for aubergine pickle and ate with cheese and onion McCoy's. I didn't really enjoy it because just as I started to tuck in my workmen started using a very strong smelling sealant or adhesive on my new front door, so every mouthful tasted of that.

I am just simmering a super spicy and fragrant curry of new potato and sweetcorn to have later with bread.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 23rd, 2018, 4:05 pm

Nothing worthy of comment over the weekend. In fact I am struggling to remember what I had.

But today, thinking I was going out and thus no dinner (but meeting cancelled in the end) I treated myself to an Albion lunch. Had my usual crushed sweet potato with chill and poached egg. Followed htis time by the most delicious creamy perfect rice pudding with rhubarb compot, which was brought to me like this:

pudding.jpg

(sorry about blurry pic)

it cheered me up a bit - was feeling rather mis.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 23rd, 2018, 4:51 pm

There, there Herb..... Smiley pudd !

Sourdough toast with P nut butter and custard spread. A wheat thin with salad cheese and celery and HM mayo. A small slice of HM sourdough (made y'day) with my Mexican savoury custard on top. 2 dime cookies :o

Supper will be a turkey escalope, pasta of some sort cooked in stock and a mix of leek, courgette, red pepper and diced swede.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » April 23rd, 2018, 5:11 pm

For the first time in ages I cooked!
Just carbonara but better than the chicken nuggets I've been eating.
(Neither me or daughter have been doing well with anxiety, she's rarely here, and I just can't cope with cooking)

Zosh, what is savoury Mexican custard, and also dime cookies?

I know you like to change and shorten words so I'm not sure if it's that or something I've never heard of?
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 23rd, 2018, 5:36 pm

Sorry MM, my take on Mexican custard is eggs, milk, cumin, chilli, some tomato powder I bought in France, garlic, coriander stalks (because I needed to use them up) onion, cheese, and slices of tomato on top, baked in the oven, so just like a savoury custard really.

The dime cookies were RTC on Sat eve in ASDA, like smartie cookies.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 23rd, 2018, 6:46 pm

Yesterday we went out to a Meze restaurant in the next village for an early dinner and had lots of excellent food... halloumi, mixed bean salad, octopus, sesame honey pork belly, a rice dish, a seafood platter...it was all really good.

Yoghurt first thing this morning.

A mish mash of food for lunch - some flaked salmon, cous cous, tomatoes, peppers, olives, some dips leftover from the weekend, some homemade pink coleslaw.

Dinner was roast chicken, stuffing, roast potatoes and carrots and a dish of sautéed leeks, spring greens and tarragon. Stock is bubbling away for a chicken, leek and asparagus risotto tomorrow.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 23rd, 2018, 8:39 pm

OMCO, I love mezze, tapas, odds and sods etc. Anything to confuse the tastebuds !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 24th, 2018, 6:02 am

What's peanut butter and custard spread? Sounds :chops:

Some lovely sounding food going on out there.

Today will be use up what I have ahead of a main fortnightly shop tomorrow.

But first, confession time. At about 9pm last night I got the nibbles and devoured a very satisfying chunk of baguette with one of my favourite sandwich combinations. Thick Marmite, a smear of mayonnaise and lots (three thin slices deep) of cucumber and some ready salted crisps on the side. This hunger pang caught up with me because i skipped breakfast and only ate a very small dinner.

I am just about to have porridge with fresh pear.

Lunch will be a copy of last night's nibble!

Dinner will be a more substantial portion of my leftover potato and sweetcorn curry. I might pop out for coconut milk to mix in.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » April 24th, 2018, 9:44 am

Totally lost track of all this since we went away to MIL's last weekend ... so I'll start with Sunday which involved dippy egg and toastie soldiers for breakfast, a rather unpleasant warm sausage roll and a Magnum due to a frustrating journey around Norwich to B&Q (I'd not realised it was the Sunday for shutting half the roads on our side of the city due to some major works needed to connect up the new northern distributor link or whatever it's called).

Supper was lovely chump chops with new Majorcan potatoes, purple sprouting broccoli, gravy and homemade mint jelly.

Monday was muesli and :mug: , followed by a lunch of a sandwich of saucisson sec and tomato. Supper was Toad in the Hole made with some lovely sausages from a good butcher we went to in Suffolk on Friday.

Today breakfast was spicy scrambled egg (made with some chopped chilli and garam masala and a handful of chopped chives from the garden).

Lunch will be some of the minestrone soup I made yesterday and supper is going to be pork schnitzel with gnocchi and green beans with a lemony herby dressing ... well, that's the plan if OH picks up the beans from the market when he goes into the city.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 24th, 2018, 10:22 am

Haven't updated for ages. Food hasn't been that interesting...

On Saturday I had a curry chicken patty for lunch and a cheat's fish pie for dinner with peas. Sunday lunch was a non dairy pizza that had feta and pesto chicken. Dinner was toad in the hole with brocolli. I worked from home yesterday and lunch was a boring salad BUT some men came to put up scaffolding. I never thought I would be so excited by scaffolding. It is only to attach new gutters at this stage and door and windows are some months away but at least I was progress :bounce: Dinner was a big tray of roasted veg with a bit of bacon stirred in towards the end.
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 25th, 2018, 9:04 am

I am out with my mum today and we normally have a nibble in Sainsbury's cafe, so who knows what that might be. I'll take an Alpen Jaffa cake cereal bar and an apple with me in case we just have coffee.

Tonight I am going to add a tin of coconut milk to my last remains of veg curry in the fridge and stick blend it into a soup. I'll get fresh coriander today if I can as I think it needs it.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 25th, 2018, 9:47 am

Zosherooney wrote:OMCO, I love mezze, tapas, odds and sods etc. Anything to confuse the tastebuds !

Snap! It's usually to finish off bits and pieces in the fridge!

I had a yoghurt and a smoothie earlier and might have a macadamia and oat biscuit soon.

Lunch will be courgette fritters and the last of the roast chicken from Monday, with a spoonful of tomato salsa and some rocket leaves.

Dinner is going to be king prawns in a saffron curry cream sauce (stolen from Gordon Ramsey) with rice and spiced roasted cauliflower. I also bought some onion bhajis from the deli counter at Sainsburys this morning as an extra side dish.

We still have an endless supply of Easter chocolate leftover in the pantry so we might have some of that afterwards.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 25th, 2018, 4:29 pm

A Pod salad with peas, kale goats cheese and quinoa amongst other things. It took ages to eat, which must be a good thing, in terms of satiation? Didn't stop me from having a piece of lemon chiffon from Konditor and Cook, because I deserve it...! (Well I probably don't, actually, but delicious.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 25th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Monday was alpen light bar for breakfast, I think.
Lunch was jacket spud, cheese and beans.
Tea was chicken and veg black bean, rice and salt n pepper chips, all slimming world style.

Tuesday, breakfast was alpen light bars and fruit.
Lunch was leftover chicken and veg black bean and rice.
Tea was veggie sausage and roast veg pasta.

Today, I had more veggie sausage on a butty for breakfast.
Even more in the leftover pasta for lunch!
Tonight, I'm eating salmon with cubed, sauteed potatoes and a red onion, green bean and tomato side dish.
The treat trolley at work brought scones round this afternoon!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 26th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Breakfast - Greek style low fat lemon yoghurt and a pear. Black coffee.

Lunch - wholemeal toasted sandwich of five counties cheese, raw onion, cucumber, coleslaw. More black coffee. I have nibbled a few Pontefract cakes this afternoon.

Dinner - I still have a weeny bit of leftover curry in the fridge comprising of the curry sauce, carrots and sweetcorn which I am going to heat and stir through a microwaved steam in the bag rice mix. I'll probably add extra chilli sauce!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » April 26th, 2018, 1:35 pm

I'm having veggie hot dogs tonight, never tried them before but they were on a buy 3 for £x deal with other veggie frozen foods, I got felafels and nut cutlets too.
They'll go in buns with ketchup and yellow mustard, just me, the teenager has left, again!
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 26th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Last night I used up the last of the pork to make a pie filling along with apple, onion and a bit of fresh sage. We had that with steamed buttered spinach and balsamic cherry tomatoes.

Berries for dessert.
More berries and yogurt fot the yogurt eater and the rest of the pe with salad for lunch, I'm just off to make a boboti for tonight's supper with an extra one for my poorly friend's husband
I'm fancying a faiselle with even more berries afterwards.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 26th, 2018, 3:06 pm

What brand veggie hot dog MM? I've tried a few different ones, never been disappointed. Favourites at the moment are Sainsbury's frozen ones. Yum!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » April 26th, 2018, 6:13 pm

Tesco.
I really liked them, had two rolls with two in each, there was 9 in the pack, there are now 9 in my tummy!
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 26th, 2018, 6:37 pm

I ended up in hospital last night with suspected appendicitis :shock: It turns out it was just a grumbling appendix and also an ovarian cyst which also explained the pain!

Lunch was some sort of chicken and mushroom casserole with dire sautéed potatoes and extremely spongy carrots. Lovely :D

Home now for dinner thank goodness and dinner will be easy shop bought Sainsbury’s fish cake alongside some asaparagus, pea shoots, tartare sauce and lemon wedge.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 26th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Oh Emma! Hope you are feeling ok?! Nightmare! And bad luck on the food :(

When I went to the dentist the other week about my wisdom tooth, he said I needed a filling and the appointment was today. I'm so unconvinced by this dentist... I've never had a thing wrong with my teeth until my dentist retired and this one came in. Now 18 months, 2 fillings and a gum treatment later, I'm very suspicious! Anyhow, point is, I didn't eat before the appointment (I wasn't altogether convinced I was going to turn up until I got through the door) and then couldn't eat afterwards so I've had a few sips of lukewarm coffee today and that's it... until now! I've just slowly munched my way through soggy chips, peas and gravy from the chippy :lol: :drool: I don't eeeeven care!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby smitch » April 26th, 2018, 7:06 pm

Hope you’re feeling better OMCO. I’ve had both ovarian cysts and appendicitis and they are extremely painful :hug:
smitch
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 27th, 2018, 2:18 am

Oh OMCO - how scary. This might sound like a random story but I work next to a hospital but between us and the hospital is a clinic. An ambulance turned up at the clinic this afternoon even though the hospital is 100 yards away. ANYWAY really reminded me of the one time I was rushed to hospital for the first time (actually one and only fingers crossed) I was properly unwell. My colleagues and I were remarking on what a scary experience it can be so I hope you're ok. The scare is as much of a fright as anything :hug: :hug:

Having not had a moment with OH for the last two weeks (and being a bit pathetic really needing it as feeling rather out of my depth work wise, we were due to have a lovely sundowner and nice dinner in. I didn't get home until 9 and he has just got home (10:10) and is still working :( . He goes away again tomorrow but mum is coming for three days. She is desperate to see the damage here and my sis travels so much so has a million air miles so has got her as far as the states. OMG no food story there :oops: I had a roasted sweet spud and he is about to tuck into pasta and pesto. Distinct lack of nice chats :twisted:

When mum arrives usually I have a meal of raw fish sorted but most shops here still closed (8 months on - I hope I am joined in being a bit shocked by this!) so instead have planned some smoked salmon, a crab and avo salad, smoked mackerel (maybe late) and some hummus. I know she is coming to understand my new living standards (the stairs to our bedroom collapsed yesterday so only way to get to the only bedroom is up a proper long builders ladder....) but I still want to make the food fab!

The above isn't meant to sound moany. Despite everything, we have a lovely life but def a new normal......
Rocky
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 27th, 2018, 2:21 am

Appreciate last post a bit ramble and self indulgent. Thanks for listening. Obviously needed a rant...
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 27th, 2018, 4:20 am

Rocky - your determination to carry on despite all that has happened in your part of the world is absolutely inspirational, to.us all I am sure.

Today I have a friend visiting. She has MS, is a wheelchair and rolator user but is not put off by the fact that i am on the first floor with no lift. Between us we have worked out where she can park if she cannot park directly outside my door. I'll help her to navigate drop kerbs that I have found as she cannot lift one leg high enough to get up kerbs. She has a tactic for climbing stairs (she has stairs in her house) as long as she can hold on. Anyway, she has specified she won't want feeding but I do have a tin of all butter shortbread we can tuck into and I have stocked up on her favourite cranberry juice. My friend is an absolute inspiration too, coping with serious health issues but determined not to let it stop her doing things while she is still able to.

For me today will be:

Breakfast - cornflakes and fresh pear
Lunch - before friend arrives I will eat leftover Mexican style rice with red kidney beans and sweetcorn
Dinner - TBC!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 27th, 2018, 9:43 am

Thanks all! I'm much better with some pain meds and there's nothing to do now apart from wait for another scan in a few weeks.

Hope your tooth is better Emma, rant away Rocky :hug:

Breakfast was one of those mousse style Greek Muller yoghurts with raspberry compote - quite nice.

Not sure about lunch...possibly a toastie of some description if I think I can be bothered with the faff of cleaning the machine afterwards.

Dinner will be a selection of small plates. I wont call it tapas as some of it wont be remotely Spanish! We're having butternut squash and spinach croquettes, olives, marinaded prawn kebabs, pea shoot salad with pistachio oil and balsamic dressing (had this last night and it was delicious), puff pastry tart topped with a selection of griddled vegetables with tomatoes, basil and wild garlic, and some more of the piparra peppers flash fried and then topped with crumbled feta. It sounds like a lot but i'm only going to do a small tart between the 3 of us.

Hope everyone has a nice wekend.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 27th, 2018, 10:16 am

OMCO- :hug: :hug: :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 27th, 2018, 4:21 pm

So far apple pie, chocolate and cheese today. Hard to find somewhere doing proper food. Hoping tonight will be better.

V nice apple pie chocolate and cheese though!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 27th, 2018, 5:18 pm

When my friend arrived today she had already had a very trying day and didn't feel able to tackle my stairs, so she took me for a McDonalds. :oops: Chicken sandwich meal with diet coke for lunch. I wish I'd had a salad now.

Not sure what's for dinner. Nothing too heavy.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 28th, 2018, 7:00 pm

Breakfast today - two toasted crumpets with redcurrant jam. Black coffee.

Lunch - Sainsbury's cheese and salad baguette. Earl grey tea in a mug.

Dinner - new potatoes, green beans, diced cucumber, coleslaw and a few chick peas. I am just about to have a dark chocolate choc ice.
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 28th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Rocky, you go for it. I find it very interesting reading your posts, not to mention them making me realise how lucky I am too and that I really ought to stop moaning.

Yesterday, I had beans on toast, mid morning at home before a meeting. I then didn't eat anything until the evening when I went out with a couple of friends from work. We were limited with where we could eat because a) I'm hard work and b) they're halal only so we settled on a newish gourmet burger place in town which was actually quite decent. I had a chicken one with fries and onion rings. Those 2 can't cope without dessert and the dessert shop next door was queuing for 45 mins so we went back to the burger place and they got sundaes and I got a hot choc.

Today, I had 2 soft boiled eggs, mashed with butter, salt and pepper on wholemeal toast.
Made pasta for a very late lunch/Leo's tea with a pea, mint and cream cheese sauce. I had a bit, Leo's went on the floor :lol:
Just waiting to go and collect our Indian takeaway. I've ordered it from a different place and not told OH, he's going to be mortified :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 29th, 2018, 9:31 am

Emma, my OH is very particular about take aways too!

Yesterday I was in Manchester to watch a matinee show of Miss Saigon. We went to San Carlo afterwards and I had the taglioni with crab, tomatoes, saffron and cream.

A raspberry yoghurt first thing today. We’re heading out on an adventure (DDs words :D) on the train soon. The slow train stops at lots of villages, small towns so we get on and off as we feel like it and will do bits of shopping, eating, walks etc. A boat ride is also planned and I’m sure ice cream will feature at some point.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 29th, 2018, 9:51 am

My diet hasn't been great over the past week or so. It's been all hotel rooms and planes. :oops:. I think I've put on loads of weight so trying to get back on track a bit. I m in awe of how you go on coping Rocky and of those battling with health problems. :hug:. OMCO - can you get a special ticket which allows you to hop on and off the train?

Today started with sourdough bread bought in Aldi last night and banana. I don't dare make toast as you have to pay $1250 if the smoke alarm goes off and fire dept attend. :shock:
During the day had what looked like an apple & rhubarb muffin but turned out to be a kind of shortcake on top - very nice. Later I had a panini with various veg and cheese called bocconcini which is like mozzarella.
Tonight I had a bowl of fresh fruit with yogurt and a sprinkling of museli. Don't think I can claim. to have cut the calories really :(.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 29th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Breakfast - the last two crumpets in the fridge, toasted with butter and redcurrant jam. Black coffee.

Lunch - just a snack so I could have a sit down rather than lunch! Raspberry jam doughnut. More black coffee.

Dinner will be jacket potato, baked beans, cheese and coleslaw. I'll finish with a low fat lemon Greek yoghurt.

I really must eat healthier tomorrow. No excuse!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 29th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Hope you're having a great trip EM!

're the train we get an open return to the furthest stop and then we can get on and off along the way.

We're just waiting on some porcini arancini!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 29th, 2018, 7:13 pm

Emma, I reckon I'm the fussy one when it comes to takeaways (and I've made OH as bad!) But it's one I've researched for a while so wanted to try it. He just doesn't like change :lol: Anyway, he liked it! I thought it was good but not convinced it's better than the one we normally go to.
We had a couple of starters and sides with a chicken and aubergine curry called kakri... never heard of it before.

This morning, I had egg on toast again.
Pinched a bit of Leo's toast, had an alpen bar and a few Doritos throughout the day.
Tea has been a vegetable paella served with a big chunk of cod loin, sprinkled with smoked paprika, parsley and lemon then baked. Lovely tea!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 29th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Yesterday I had:
Croissant and coffee for breakfast.
Lunch was an Old Amsterdam sandwich with mustard and pickles (like American ‘bread and butter pickles’)
Dinner was really rather good tapas. We had bread with tomato, cheese croquettes, garlicky mushrooms and Patatas bravas.
OH said he was still starving :shock: so he then ordered a huge plate of 4 Spanish cheeses with read. I just had a nibble of each type of cheese.

Today started off (at 11ish) with Apple pie with ice cream and cream liberally sprinkled with cinnamon
Lunch was ‘Mexican’ tomato soup with chilli, lime and coriander with toasted tortilla strips. I fear there may have been some chicken lurking in there too. At first I thought it was cheese, but the truth began to dawn about two thirds of the way through it. We had some (very nice) chips with truffle mayo on the side to share.
Also shared two cakes - an American style cheesecake slice, and a raspberry mousse thing at about 3.30.
Dinner on my own in hotel room. Hum smokey vegetarian ‘beef’ wrap (had to try for novelty’s sake and some freshly squeezed by me and a machine in Albert Heijn orange juice. I had chocolate on standby but didn’t feel like it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 30th, 2018, 8:58 am

I made carrot and coriander soup on Saturday, my poorly frine'ds husband rang and told me that she had just said the only thing she felt like eating was some of my soup and I know that is her favourite. So I made enough for lunch for us all and sent it round with some freshly ciabata.
Supper was a pot roast veal joint to which I added new poatoes and baby turnips. I served it with cooked fresh asparagus, peas and mangetout. Dessert was pink rhubarb stalks cooked in pomegrante molasses and orange juice then set in strawberrry jelly with fresh strawberries.

Yesterday we were at a friends house. We had smoked salmon, braised chicken with epautre (spelt), runner beans and a red pepper and tomato bake.
I had talen the pudding which was a choux ring filled with chantilly cream and strawberries.

last night we just had some cheese and fresh baguette and a couple of small choux puffsI kept back from the lunch dessert

I have some baguette left so lunch today will be French onion soup.

I'll use up the rest of the veal , mixed with epautre fresh herbs and a little goat cheese to stuff some courgettes and red peppers. If I have time, I'll make some fresh tomato sauce.
I have two jellies left :chops: :chops:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 30th, 2018, 11:14 am

That looks wonderful Rats.

Breakfast: fruit, yogurt & museli
Lunch: Panini with chicken & veg filling.
Supper: Macaroni cheese ready meal (not great), Apple.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 30th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Breakfast - a mixture of muesli and cornflakes with a chopped pear. Orange juice.

Lunch - toasted tea cake with strawberry jam. Mug of Earl grey with a slice of lemon.

Dinner - jacket potato, a pumpkin and spinach burger (from Sainsbury's, frozen), baked beans with extra spinach added, I'll grate on some five counties cheese when it's ready to be dished up.

I'll try not to do what I did last night when Woman In White was on where I ate two (small) dark chocolate choc ices..... :oops: but :chops:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Amber » April 30th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Ratatouille wrote: Dessert was pink rhubarb stalks cooked in pomegrante molasses and orange juice

Just yesterday I was looking for new ideas to use up my bottle of pomegranate molasses. That’s perfect, thank you. :) :D
Amber
Registered

Postby Amber » April 30th, 2018, 8:37 pm

OH made ( :o :o :D ) a smoked haddock risotto - it was delicious. :D

He doesn’t ‘do’ fish, he doesn’t cook...I’m honoured, :D
Amber
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 30th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Oh dear another not so good eating day.
homemade (by cafe) cheesecake for breakfast (yum!)
chocolate
biscuit
a few tiny bits of cheese tasting morsels in a cheese shop (lavender flavoured cheese?!)
a bit of quiche with lentil salad and a v small bread roll with butter
a sort of cream doughnut thing (on train)
2 hot dog sausages with honey mustard
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 30th, 2018, 9:11 pm

I crumbled over a dark chocolate choc ice this evening, but just one this time. On a plus side I only have two left and have promised myself not to buy any more once they have all been eaten!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 30th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Today, I had an alpen bar, some chopped apple and pear and coffee.
Lunch was leftover paella.
Tea has been quite the feast... tarka dahl (from the freezer), aloo gobi saag (RTC 77p) with some mushrooms added, mini indian savoury snacks (RTC the other week and frozen), spiced and baked cod loin, baked cherry tomatoes, samphire and half a boiled egg on top of it all. It was really nice!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 30th, 2018, 10:47 pm

Aren't you all just so lovely and supportive. Thank you :hug: :hug: . Mum is here for 4 days (side trip from visiting sis in DC) and has been utterly shaken by how bad it is here. Very sobering how inured to it I have become. We did an island tour on Saturday and mum reckons (from peering out the window) that at least 60% of buildings have no roof (and so no upper floor)

Anyway - so so so fab to have her here. She arrived on Friday evening and we had a crab and avo salad, smoked salmon and a couple of dope. Saturday lunch was out and I made her share my favourite chicken curry. We didn't fancy any dinner. Yesterday we went to another island for the day. We had had a late breakfast and we're catching an 8pm ferry back so had what we decided was the dinner equicpvalent of brunch - drunch! We shared shrimp tempura lettuce rolls, a spicy tuna sushi roll and some ache human green beans.

Today another island and we shared the most amazing salad - seared tuna with marinated kate. wow :chops:

It was tiny though so we are starving. Dinner will be mahi on bye potter beans with tomato and chorizo. Brocoli on the side (as usual)
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 1st, 2018, 3:11 pm

Rocky - so nice that you are enjoying time with your mum, and your food sounds amazing!

I'm being very lazy today around my decorating and just seeing food as a face filling energy source, so:

Breakfast - muesli, diced pear, orange juice.

Lunch - I blasted two eggs and two sliced mushrooms in the microwave, mixed it with mayonnaise and had in a sandwich with sliced tomato. On the side some coleslaw with two sticks of celery. Black coffee.

Dinner - I have some leftover baked beans and spinach so will cook some mushroom microwave rice and combine the two. I know I'll finish on a dark chocolate choc ice as I can't leave them alone!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop