What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby EmWilk » June 20th, 2018, 8:09 pm

Fruit and yoghurt this morning.
More of the ham/chicken/pasta salad for lunch
Tea has just been veggie chilli with some garlicky spread wholemeal toast on the side.
I'm thinking something else is required... there's a bit of banana cake. Some fruit. Hmmm... something else I think.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 20th, 2018, 9:51 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Thanks Catherine! Not half as impressive as the lovely things you come up with every day for your charges!

Ha, last week I made a sausage ragu with rice, adding what I thought was a normal chilli but was actually a scotch bonnet :scared: :terrified: 13 year old loved it. 10 year old ate a lot of it. 8 year old was dying. He liked it but the best part of a whole tub of soured cream was eaten with it. Next day said 8 year old says

'what are we having for dinner Auntie?'

'I'm making carbonara'

'That hasn't got any chilli in it has it Auntie?'

Lol poor George
Catherine
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 20th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Odd day's food
Yogurt with a drizzle of honey for breakfast
A small amount of bought cous cous and lentil salad (Delphi brand, pretty good)
Lot of nibbles whike making Maids of Honour tartlets for to ight
Tonight was the last Thane Prince Cook Book Club, so a buffet of London themed food, and too much white wine
Highlights were a sort of cheese and chorizo short bread, a seeded soda bread, and a crayfish quiche. And Tottenham cake - in case you have wondered, that's what the sponge cake, topped with pink icing, often sprinkled with dessicated coconut, and sold in big square portions in all basic London bakeries is correctly called. Apparently the icing was originally coloured with mulberries that grew in the Quaker burial ground
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 20th, 2018, 10:33 pm

StokeySue wrote:And Tottenham cake - in case you have wondered, that's what the sponge cake, topped with pink icing, often sprinkled with dessicated coconut,

That sounds like Lamigtons
Catherine
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 20th, 2018, 11:02 pm

Catherine wrote:That sounds like Lamigtons

A little
Lamingtons are iced with cocoa flavoured icing all over after the portions are cut, and coated with quite a lot of coconut
Tottenham cake is iced with pink icing just on top before cutting and the coconut is optional (and usually nit nmuch
And the Tottenham cake probably dates back a lot earlier - and we wouldn't have had Leamingtons on a London themed buffee
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 21st, 2018, 6:03 am

Fascinating 're the origin of the cake (the icing). I wonder how many people know that.
Laughed about the chilli :lol: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » June 21st, 2018, 7:59 am

Good Morning

And Tottenham cake[/quote]

Well I never knew it was called that. I make and sell endless bags of this for Cats Protection fairs, I usually use white icing though, pink food colouring will need to be purchased for next time. I wonder if Suffs will like it any better with pink icing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 21st, 2018, 8:27 am

Catherine wrote:adding what I thought was a normal chilli but was actually a scotch bonnet

Ha! We sometimes have a similar problem with our home grown chillies. Most are relatively mild but occasionally there's a stinger! Lilia likes spices but not chilli heat...although she'll devour Walkers chilli heatwave crisps :? :rolleyes:

A variety mini box of cereal (rice crispies) this morning, I'm sure the portion sizes in them have got smaller! Although I'm sure they're the recommended portion size - for a mouse.

Lunch will be half a little tub of pasta salad with some greek salad and an apple.

Dinner will be watercress soup and bacon sandwiches.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 21st, 2018, 9:09 am

Yogurt and blueberries for sir.
Avocado and bacon toasts for lunch with watermelon and apricots afterwards.
I've got some veal escallops out fot tonight which I'll cook with a cream and morel mushroom sauce, some potato pancakes and spinach. I think an apricot and almond crumble is shouting at me - you may gather we have loads of apricots!!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 21st, 2018, 1:47 pm

Breakfast - cornflakes and a small banana.

Lunch - mushroom stir fry with a bag of beansprouts and mixed stir fry veg from Co-op last night for 10p :grin: cooked in the wok with soy sauce, garlic, chilli, coriander. Choc ice.

Dinner will be Tesco finest wild mushroom soup with a dollop of leftover mash. I'll have fresh fruit as and when required.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 21st, 2018, 7:09 pm

Chillis are a lottery.. OH can munch them raw but stupidly ordered a scotch bonnet pizza once and couldn't speak for some time!

Have had some amazing food. Loads of lovely seafood in Cork - and black pudding :oops:

Came to London yesterday and had lunch outside of a Nduja scotch egg, haloumi fingers and rocket salad :chops: All the kinds of things we can't get at home. Dinner was Pho and a shared banana blossom salad. OH is at a work do and I am very tempted to have pho again....
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 21st, 2018, 7:45 pm

Shared banana blossom salad sounds very exotic and intriguing!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 21st, 2018, 9:06 pm

Breakfast: fruit & quark
Lunch: fish fingers and salad. Stewed apricots.
Late supper: eggs and rice. Ice cream.
Also during day - biscuits bought for workmen.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 21st, 2018, 9:17 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:although she'll devour Walkers chilli heatwave crisps

OH is forever buying spicy Dorito's and the likes and gives them Leo :? he seems to love them though! I gave him a couple of my spiced lime and coriander poppadoms and he wolfed those too. Funny child!

I've had a (only slightly) more interesting (if not unhealthier) food day today:
Veggie sausage butty for breakfast.
Lunch was a freezer job - spanishy tomatoey paprika-ey chicken and vegetable stew sorta thing.
Our tea lady brought everyone chocolate bars round today and I had a kit kat chunky :oops: I don't even like Nestle chocolate but I still ate it :rolleyes:
Tea has been nice and simple... jacket spud topped with spicy srirachi tuna, chopped salad, olives, coleslaw and spiced poppadoms.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 21st, 2018, 10:50 pm

EmWilk wrote:OH is forever buying spicy Dorito's and the likes and gives them Leo he seems to love them though! I gave him a couple of my spiced lime and coriander poppadoms and he wolfed those too. Funny child!

My 3 nephews seem to love it hot. The 13 yr old is one of those people who actually don't seem to be affected by the chilli at all. His dad is very much a foodie and made a vindaloo curry for 13yr olds birthday at his request. I love seeing the boys develop their food tastes
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 22nd, 2018, 9:20 am

Mango and yoghurt for breakfast.

I fancy some spicy veggie noodles for lunch with soy, sesame, chilli, garlic, ginger, a squeeze of lime and sriracha. I think we've got pak choi, mushrooms and carrots which i'll add.

Dinner will be rib eye steaks with pan haggerty and some wilted greens. We're overrun with rhubarb so I might make some mini apple and rhubarb crumbles for dessert. That'll use up... oooh... 3 sticks of it max :rolleyes: :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 22nd, 2018, 9:21 am

We were going to have toasts for lunch yesterday except when I cut them open they were both balck all the way through. Ripe and ready to eat they were, it said so :? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Mr R had to go into town for hen feed first thing so the supermarket got them back and he came back with more. Better luck today then!
I have smoked haddock - a rare treat. So it is kedgeree tonight and I managed to prevent the complete demolition of the almond apricot crumble so that's pudding sorted.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 22nd, 2018, 9:35 am

Yesterday was poached egg on marmite toast
A pulled pork and apple sauce sandwich (National Trust, a bit vinegary from the BBQ sauce) and a packet of posh crisps
Supper was salad veg, the rest of the couscous and lentil salad , some HM ratatouille (cheats oven roasted version) and a little bit of cold roast pork with mustard

Today banana on toast with a little crema, as there eis some to use up
Lunch will be sald, ratouille, and prosciutto with fig
Supper will be salmon with a sort of veg stew made with fenel, leek, a slightly tough Batavia, and some peas,
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 22nd, 2018, 10:28 am

I woke very early with a banging headache, probably due to too much walking in the hot sun yesterday and not enough fluids, so a very early breakfast for me of scrambled eggs and mushrooms on seeded toast, loads of water instead of my usual black coffee, then back to bed to digest. Feel better now!

Lunch will be the rest of the mushroom soup from yesterday, probably a dollop of mash.

I have a cauliflower needs using up so fancy making a curry with chick peas and tomatoes, the usual spices and Scotch bonnets. I'll have that with brown rice I think. :hungry:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 22nd, 2018, 1:06 pm

I am very glad to report that the new lot of avocados were just right and we had a lovely lunch. It is disappointing when you are anticipating something and it doesn't work out isn't it?
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 22nd, 2018, 2:21 pm

Good news about those avos! :tu: For the first time in ages yesterday I bought fresh ones and only because they were £1 for four small ripen at home ones in Aldi. I'm a bit doubtful that they will be much cop, but if they are, I'll get some more. They are sitting at room temperature in my living room fruit bowl with my apples. Fingers crossed at least one of them will be ready to have on toast with Marmite for breakfast tomorrow.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 22nd, 2018, 2:26 pm

Ratatouille wrote:We were going to have toasts for lunch yesterday except when I cut them open they were both balck all the way through. Ripe and ready to eat they were, it said so

That took a bit of working out ;) :? :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 22nd, 2018, 5:48 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:They are sitting at room temperature in my living room fruit bowl with my apples. Fingers crossed at least one of them will be ready to have on toast with Marmite for breakfast tomorrow.

You would have a better chance if you put them in a brown paper bag in the airing cupboard or put with bananas
Catherine
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 22nd, 2018, 6:44 pm

With bananas is the best bet Tezza. The ones which were sent back were in a package which stated "Ripe and ready to eat" - obviously they might have been at some point :lol: Sorry for the confusion!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 22nd, 2018, 7:27 pm

Well, I have one banana lurking in the fridge. I'll pop it in with the avocados now the temperature in here has dropped a bit.

Not wanting to wish my life away but, roll on breakfast! :hungry:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 22nd, 2018, 7:32 pm

At home today. A Quorn bacon sandwich followed by an elaire so far today! Not sure what to have for dinner. Beginning to get hungry.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 22nd, 2018, 10:24 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Well, I have one banana lurking in the fridge. I'll pop it in with the avocados now the temperature in here has dropped a bit.

Not wanting to wish my life away but, roll on breakfast! :hungry:

It might not be ripe by the mornin Tezza, so either keep the treat until sunday of zap in the microwave for 30 seconds
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 22nd, 2018, 11:08 pm

Noted. :tu: Thanks. I noticed when I slid my banana in amongst them they still felt like small green rocks! Another day of waiting won't hurt!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 23rd, 2018, 5:52 am

I'm away for the weekend. Yesterday I had a white choc & raspberry muffin, a scone with butter and a very delicious Stilton and walnut pie with an elegant amount of mash and cabbage later (we are going to the same place again tonight, I might even choose it again!)- followed by delicious truffles and coffee. Today we have been promised what sounds like a rather large cooked breakfast. I think I will have to pull the reigns in next week! :oops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 23rd, 2018, 10:09 am

Meal number one of the day under my belt in the form of a very tasty and ripe avocado squashed onto wholemeal toast with Marmite and topped with baked beans. Washed down with grapefruit juice.

Dinner will be cauliflower, potato and red lentil curry in front of the Germany match.

Not sure what will happen in the middle yet but i will be armed with a flat peach, an apple and a satsuma to keep me going!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 23rd, 2018, 5:56 pm

Lunch was cheese and mushroom omelette and side salad.

After my curry tonight I've chomped through a bowl of deliciously ripe cherries.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 23rd, 2018, 8:11 pm

lunch out was Wiltshire burrata with English peas, broad beans, chilli and mint, followed by meringue and strawberry millefeuille
dinner a very my parents type of meal. (Bought) feta and roasted tomato quiche (although the parents would have called it a flan and would never have warmed it and probably wouldn't have gone for one with feta in it for that matter ;) ) with potato salad, coleslaw and peas - freshly picked and podded - from the garden. Lemon sponge pudding for dessert.

Diet down the drain today.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 23rd, 2018, 9:14 pm

A small doorstep of bacon sarnie with water whilst driving to Portsmouth. Shopped too much cos I was hungry !!!! Got home and Mr. Z. produced a shed load of really good Sushi from W'rose. So that was supper. Next time I will stop well before feeling full ! ! Starting to feel quite over full now and that's an hour after stopping eating, not that we ate a lot......?

Tons of cocktail saus. bread, various meats, pizza..... Neighbours will be happy... :D
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 24th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Lunch was:
Tomato consomme with tapenade croutone.
Guinea fowl in Kriek beer with cherries
Cheese - mostly local goat's
Apricot and nougat clafoutis
I think the fact that there is absolutely not a crumb of anything left is a sign that it was appreciated.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 24th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Breakfast was scrambled egg with toast.
Lunch was wholewheat penne with broad beans, spring onions, garlic and creme fraiche.
Dinner will be tagliata with the first potatoes from the garden.

This afternoon I devoured a very large bowl of peach, garden rasps, meringue, ice cream and cream.
It was divine.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 24th, 2018, 5:12 pm

I ate a small banana out on my walk this morning and washed it down with cucumber water.

Lunch - wholemeal pumpkin seed studded roll with brie, pickle and celery. Choc ice.

Dinner - another helping of my veg and lentil curry with a huge side of green beans.

Now tucking into the last of my cherries.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 24th, 2018, 8:29 pm

The weekend away got worse!
Saturday was a very nice guest house full English with all trimmings. Then coffee and nice biscuits for elevenses, a buffet of sandwiches, pasta salads and cake for lunch and Haddock, peas and chips in the evening. We were rather full by the end of the day and had a reduced size breakfast this morning, similar buffet for lunch and I have had a jacket potato with cheese and salad tonight. It was a nice weekend away but must balance it out for next few days!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 25th, 2018, 8:32 am

Well, having planneda salmon supper for Friday I then remembered I'd be out at book club, where I had some nice nibbles
Brunch on Saturday was shakshuka made with the remains of the ratatouille and a piece of toast. Some fruit
Dinner at Nathan Outlaw's, Octopus with almond bread sauce and a chervil dressing, lemon sole with with a green hollandaise

A pain au raisin for breakfast yesterday, piri piri prawns and bbq lamb with a big salad and new potatoes for lunch. The final maid of honour for supper, a peachbwithsome cream

Today so far peach and granola with yogurt
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » June 25th, 2018, 12:50 pm

watermelon (seedless).
scullion
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 25th, 2018, 2:10 pm

scullion wrote:watermelon (seedless).

Yum
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 25th, 2018, 5:12 pm

Late breakfast was lots of sauteed mushrooms and a scrambled egg on wholemeal toast and Marmite.

Dinner was the last portion of my curry and a choc ice. Satsumas and peaches if I get peckish later.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 25th, 2018, 6:42 pm

We too ate a lot of seedless watermelon at lunchtime after egg mayo and a multicoloured tomato salad.

Supper was lamb fillet with aubergine gratin and saute potatoes, followed by apricot crepes.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 25th, 2018, 7:42 pm

Your birthday supper looked interesting Sue (and nice!).

Before going away I had rather more strawberries and watermelon than I could comfortably finish so I made a large smoothie and froze it. Today I took it to work frozen and sipped at it all day. It was lovely. Also had a small pot of salad with cheese for lunch and eggs, veg & rice when I got home - with Lidl butterscotch 'instant whip and banana afterwards. ( It was delicious!)
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 25th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Over the last few days we’ve had dinner out for SIL’s birthday, a trip to a country show (the big manor where some of peaky blinders was shot for anyone who watches it!), plus a football bbq and Alton Towers/CBeebies land today.

We seem to have eaten an awful lot and I can’t even begin to remember it all!

When we got home tonight we used one of those jus rol thin crust instant pizza dough things in a tube. We think they’re a really good fridge standby and much nicer/authentic tasting than usual supermarket pizzas. We topped it with tomato, basil, mozzarella and garlicky thin slices of courgette.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 26th, 2018, 12:09 am

I munched my way through half a head of celery dipped in a mix of low fat salad cream and not so low fat sundried tomato pesto in an attempt to snack on something cooling. I think it worked.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 26th, 2018, 1:18 am

We are home after a lovely trip. Rather sadly, the best bit was simply having a week away from 'damage' But also had lots of lovely times - and food! Friday we had lunch in Londonof a black bean and mushroom burger - very nice. Dinner in Windsor with the outlaws was a fish stew. On Saturday met up with SiL and my lovely niece and nephew for lunch. I had a pork 't bone' steak with egg and duck fat chips. Yesterday was traveling - I had a Pret salad for brekkie - it was a sort of kale, edamame sort of thing. Lunch on the plane was chicken curry - a bit nothingy. Dinner was roasted veg with pesto. Both OH and I ended up being too busy for lunch today - welcome back to work :rolleyes: We were due to have a Thai veggie curry this evening but we're a bit knackered so OH had a toasted sarnie and I had some more roasted veggies. So much for a new leaf after holiday. That said, it will be the curry tomorrow and chicken, asparagus and sugar snaps on Wednesday.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 26th, 2018, 7:04 am

Yesterday I ate a lot.
I had some sort of middle eastern salad from Eat followed by two yes two - 'Sicilain lemon and raspberry eclaires from Tesco. They were reduced... I also had one of those high protein yoghurts and some dreid fruit and nuts and a banana
Dinner was asadillo with a few olives added, with baked feta - baked with thyme, smoked paprika, smoked rapeseed oil and a splash of lemon olive oil (the flavours of both of these were lost alas.). Quite an oleagenous dinner as there was a bit in the asadillo, but not in a bad way (apart from calories.)
The asadillo gave me a Proustian memory revisitation. I first made it when I was a post grad in Oxford. A whole conversation flooded back from when I was preparing it in the presence of a friend.
I then had some left over Mary Berry lemon sponge pudding which was marketed as a luxury product but not worth the calories. I had some 'real raspberry' sauce (M&S) with it as it was a bit dry (I sound like my mother) and my cream had gone off.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 26th, 2018, 12:12 pm

I had the most delicious lunch on Saturday at The Three Oaks in Gerrards Cross (owned by Terry Wogan's daughter) Here is a sample menu:

http://www.thethreeoaksgx.co.uk/menus/

I had the smoked chicken cesar salad, Hake with cous cous, and similar dessert as shown but with rhubarb... :chops: :chef: :hungry:

… a delightful place where the staff are so friendly and welcoming and the food is Michelin standard but without the hefty prices (3 course set menu is £19) One of the weekend waiting staff works at Datchet Auctions during the week, so when I booked, I said I was a friend of Ian's . That got us a complimentary glass of prosecco and another little dish (perhaps too big to be an amuse bouche ?) after my starter of the mozzarella type cheese (but better ?) let down with cream, topped with heritage tomatoes and some lovely dressing …

I plan to go back tomorrow to try out their take on Eton Mess and sample their Hedgerow Royale cocktail .. ;) 8-) :tu: :chops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 26th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Not updated for a while.
Friday lunch, I had salad with mini jacket spuds, cheese, boiled egg, coleslaw and a random leftover veggie sausage.
Tea was out for dad's birthday. I had flat iron steak and chips then a chocolate brownie.

Saturday... brunch with the girls at a place I've mentioned before which does beautiful breakfast stands containing ham, cheese, croissant, frittata, fruit, granola, yoghurt, a smoothie, a flapjack and, in case that wasn't enough, a bacon, sausage and egg barmcake plus plenty of Tea and coffee. The food is all local and really top notch.
Then went around local field day, got my hair done, sat in dad's garden, collected my dress from the dry cleaners and nipped to the retail park so a busy day followed by a busy night as we went to a summer ball at a local hospice. It would've been my grandads 80th so it was a celebration.
Food started well with canapes and champagne in the garden but the meal wasn't mind blowing.
Very plain, grim tofu with a vaguely Asian salad to start.
Lamb shank with potato, veg and gravy.
Cheesecake to finish but I didn't manage that as we got distracted at that point by my grandma getting a bit overwhelmed with everything :cry:
Anyway, a good night in the end.

A very stodgy breakfast of white toast x 1 with veggie sausages and a potato waffle.
Grandads ashes buried in the afternoon and we went to a family friendly place after to eat. I had a halloumi and veggie burger.

Yesterday, alpen light bars for breakfast.
Veggie subway for lunch.
Out AGAIN for tea with friend and I had duo of pork... crispy belly and braised cheek with a ball of mashed potato coated in breadcrumbs and fried, fennel puree, roared fennel and carrots and fennel crisps.
Then a mini waffle with roasted peach and raspberry and vanilla ice cream.

Working from home today. I had a veggie sausage, mushroom and egg pitta for breakfast.
A small amount of tomato and lentil soup and half an apple.
Just had a banana.
Debating tea... I've got chicken out. But OH has bought a sourdough pizza so will definitely want that!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 26th, 2018, 3:48 pm

My eating is really sounding boring compared to you lot! :lol:

On foot to CAB I had a Nutrigrain bar, apple, satsuma and cucumber water. Just what the weather ordered!

Lunch when I got back was a scrummy crusty pumpkin seed roll with Marmite, Mayo, avocado, cucumber and lots of celery on the side. Is it possible to become addicted to celery??? :hungry:

I am now wondering what I can have for dinner that does not require the oven but it would require nipping out for salad bits. Or a walk to Subway....... I have a feeling neither will happen and it will end up being pizza that I have in the freezer with a few spicy potato wedges. Then I have Rachel's low fat rhubarb yoghurt for pud.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop