What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Catherine » August 1st, 2018, 5:34 pm

Ratatouille wrote:As it is still too hot to cook in the evening I am tending to cook early in the morning.

My mum makes use of the slow cooker when it’s hot
Catherine
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 1st, 2018, 5:52 pm

I had a banana and boiled egg for breakfast and lunch at the Three Oaks with PPig. We both settled for the set menu so, starter for us both was braised lamb on toast with a spicy apple sauce; mains for me was Sea Bream, for PP it was Pig cheek with beetroot flavoured barley and desert for PP was crème brulée while I had baked white chocolate ice cream with rhubarb, rice pudding cream and white chocolate crumb. We both chose the 'Chauffeur's choice' to drink; that is a non alcoholic G&T using Seedlip Gin .. ;) :chops: :chef: :hungry:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 1st, 2018, 7:16 pm

I had melanzane parmigiana for lunch, my friend, a twice baked souffle with parmesan cream, and we shared jersey royals with mint butter.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 1st, 2018, 8:43 pm

Thanks Em and Rocky... am recovered from the misery :lol: I'm so dramatic! It was rubbish though, I was worried for everyone around me with kids in the car!

Today, I had an unexpected trip to a supplier first thing so I got a Costa en route back and got an egg, mushroom and spinach muffin which was ok actually.
Lunch was a subway.
Lots of fruit throughout the day though.
Tea has just been a (probably very inauthentic) piri piri chicken breast, spicy rice and a concoction on the side of red onion, chilli, sweetcorn, tomatoes and lime all sweated down.

Rocky, hope you're getting some time to chill!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 1st, 2018, 9:06 pm

My food today has been lame. I skipped breakfast which is never a good start. I was caught up on phone calls from waking. No excuse!

Lunch was egg mayo and tomato sandwich with chunky Cheddar and chutney crisps followed by a choc ice. Dinner was cream cheese, cucumber, lettuce and salad cream sandwich with more crisps and the last of a jar of green olives.

Yet again I find myself saying must do better tomorrow.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 1st, 2018, 9:13 pm

What are chunky cheddar and chutney crisps Tezza?
Catherine
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 1st, 2018, 9:28 pm

Having a slightly dodgy tummy had a piece of toast with a bit of jam then some tinned lentil soup
Supper was a home made veg lasagne from the freezer. Then some custard by way of dessert.
Back to Burma tomorrow
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 2nd, 2018, 1:04 am

Catherine wrote:What are chunky cheddar and chutney crisps

There are from the Co-op irresistible range. A bit like Kettle Chips.

http://www.co-operativefood.co.uk/deals/snacks-sweets/
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 2nd, 2018, 8:43 am

Hope you're feeling better Sue. That lunch sounds amazing Patsy!

Breakfast was granola and a few strawberries. Lunch will be from one of the places in the courtyard at the bottom of my office building.

Dinner will be smoked salmon and new potato hash with spring onions, lemon, watercress and a poached egg because those are the last things in the fridge which need using up before the shopping arrives tomorrow.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » August 2nd, 2018, 11:56 am

I must have eaten the same as Sue yesterday. Dreadful afternoon with 450 scorpions fighting inside my gut :terrified: :terrified: :lol:
So today, anything consumed will be done so rather gingerly.
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm

Malted wheaties and a satsuma early doors. Lunch at the splash park was a rather good cheese and baked beans jacket. Dinner leek and potato soup with Marmite toast for dipping. Oh, I also had my first ever milk chocolate Magnum. Now I know why they are a bit pricey. Very nice!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 2nd, 2018, 8:15 pm

Hope you're feeling better Sue.

Today, I had a banana and a cereal bar for breakfast.

Lunch was leftover chicken, veg and spicy rice.

Tea is a late one and very lazy... Dahl from the freezer with some added spiced and sauteed red onion and peppers, some leftover mash and some RTC veggie indian snacks.

More fruit required!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » August 2nd, 2018, 8:36 pm

After yesterday´s 450 scorpions fled in disgust, I was a little worried about food. So today´s lunch was packet soup :shock: :shock:
Filled the spot!!
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 2nd, 2018, 9:37 pm

I had some nibbles for lunch - oilives, spicy cheese adn sund dried tomatoes
dinner was 'bruschetta' - garlicky Tigerella and Gardener's Delight tomatoes with black pepper, smoked olive oil and fresh basil on brown wholemeal lightly toasted bread. Then, mango and passion fruit cheese cake.
I also made a capanata-esque thing from aubergines, tomatoes, courgettes from the garden, flame roasted peppers, red onions, green olives and baby capers, a slug of slightly evaporated and thus very strong and sweet fruit 'balsamic'. I will add pine nuts tomorrow.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 2nd, 2018, 10:03 pm

Also getting my tum back to normal, no scorpions currently but there is something scrabbling away... my guess is rotavirus

Anyway a piece of toast for breakfast
A tuna sandwich for lunch
Lamb pilaff for supper

Some of the Picots cherries I bought this morning, but not too many as they seem to be fighting back a little. No longer feel actually I’ll though
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 2nd, 2018, 10:57 pm

A toasted croissant and some cereal with jersey milk for brekkie. A late (4pm) lunch of a black russian tomato, and slices of cuc. and a piece of quiche. I also finished up the chocolate pudding with some caramel sauce and some spoons of coconut yoghurt. :chops:

Very late supper (he got home at 8.15) of very large king prawns, some padron peppers and a shared portion of singapore noodles.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 3rd, 2018, 12:13 am

Oh dear the 'patients' - hope scorpions and other abdominal nasties have gone. One of our mogs was recently diagnosed with giardia so have been waiting for similar....

Last night I actually made chicken chilly with roasted sweet spud and HM salsa and guac. Lunch was a work one - chilled BNS soup followed by sticky salmon with bizarre Caribbean root veg. Dinner is a Thai veg curry.
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 3rd, 2018, 7:02 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat
Lunch: ham sandwich thin
Dinner: Turkey and veg stir fry or fish and chips can't decide yet, followed by a frozen blueberry yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 3rd, 2018, 7:54 am

Oh dear, hope all the upset tummies have recovered and that the cat is going to be ok :( .

Not really worth mentioning food here, my tummy's not upset, I just have no interest in eating. Yesterday I had 2 x milky cups of tea, half a Mugshot and 3/4 of a two egg scrambled egg. Weight loss is stunning, shame it'll all come back when I'm better!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 3rd, 2018, 8:24 am

We both had fresh fruit for breakfast.

I have made avgelemono with the stock from the poached chicken so that's lunch

The last of the chicken will be made into some vol au vent fillings with mushrooms and herbs. Very retro. I'll put some apricots with a weeny bit of nougat in the middle to bake and i might serve them with some icecream.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 3rd, 2018, 4:07 pm

I decided to try eating normally but lightly
Yogurt with fresh fruit and a bit of granola for breakfast

A watermelon-feta-mint sald with other salad bits for lunch - chosen before I discovered it is National Watermelon Day

That might have been a bit indigestible :(

Dinner will be the other half of the pilaff so that will be soothing
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 3rd, 2018, 6:07 pm

I fancied mushrooms on toast for breakfast but I'd eaten all the mushrooms. Don't remember that happening. Anyway, i had scrambled eggs instead.

That was quite filling so just had a choc ice this afternoon. Dinner was more substantial. Spaghetti with a sauce I made from fresh tomatoes, onion, carrot and green olives and some chopped up veggie sausages. A nectarine and a coconut Greek yoghurt rounded things off nicely!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 3rd, 2018, 6:39 pm

I managed to get out to a Tesco Express and bought a lovely cotton wool white loaf and some gorgeous ice lollies (Solero). So it was Marmite on toast for lunch and a lolly and egg on toast later. Feel much better having eaten something.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 3rd, 2018, 7:34 pm

Oh no, everyone's so poorly :( Hope it passes soon for all.

Tangerine and banana this morning.
Lunch was a roast chicken, salad and coleslaw granary baguette with some very spicy but savoury lentil soup from the a really good butty shop. It's a pain to get to, right in the middle of town, no parking, queuing outside the door every day and run by the 3 most disorganised but lovely women all like typical Asian aunties who talk constantly and over feed you :lol: But the food is great and all homemade every day. Our CEO asked me how I had time to eat whilst I was stood trying to wolf the sandwich down but I reminded him that no one wants to see me hangry :rolleyes:

Whilst I was running about somewhere, someone passed me a biscuit of some description which I inhaled.

Tea has just been a very random omelette with kimchi.

I have a lot of work to do tonight if I want even a hint of a weekend (and I do as I've got lots on!) So, with OH out for birthday drinks, I'm going to power through, maybe with the help of tea and biscuits!

Happy weekend all!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » August 3rd, 2018, 8:12 pm

Tummy problems fixed - must have been what Sue said.
Still, just to be careful, no spicy stuff today and plateful of what my mum used to call " Cheese Pie" - basically mashed potato with cheese, baked in the oven till brown.
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby Amber » August 3rd, 2018, 8:56 pm

Glad everyone is feeling better.

Theresa’s soup with marmite toast sounds good.

I had three (small!) chicken thighs, with a double portion of Sainsburys stir fry veg (chilli, lemon grass, baby corn, mange tout, broccoli, pac choi) with a very large handful of mushrooms, and a red pepper. Plus flavourings. :D
:D

Who needs carbs??

(Me apparently, as evidenced (?) by the large portions of chocolate and wine. :( ;) :D)
Amber
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 3rd, 2018, 10:12 pm

Amber wrote:
I had three (small!) chicken thighs, with a double portion of Sainsburys stir fry veg (chilli, lemon grass, baby corn, mange tout, broccoli, pac choi) with a very large handful of mushrooms, and a red pepper. Plus flavourings.

Well you certainly met your target of veg for the day
Catherine
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 4th, 2018, 8:16 am

Breakfast: Bite size shredded wheat and a banana with a splash of milk

Lunch: beefburger and salad on bap

Dinner: Chicken salad and oven wedges followed by strawberries and raspberries with ice cream
icelesley
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 4th, 2018, 10:27 pm

A nectarine and a satsuma this morning.

Lunch Cheddar and pickle sandwich on very nice wholemeal bread which was crusted in oats.

Dinner was a burrito salad bowl. Basically a soft flour tortilla with grated cheese, salad leaves, salsa, roasted red peppers, jalapeno peppers and a pile of rice and beans. Very flavourful. Dessert was black forest sundae which was so huge that I ended up sharing it with my dad. Before bed I have sneaked in a satsuma, a nectarines and a fig roll.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 5th, 2018, 6:09 am

OH has been away fishing and camping with his dad this weekend and DD had a sleepover at MILs on Friday night...so dinner was fish & chips in front of a catch up session of the Handmaid’s Tale followed by face mask and early night :)

Last night we had a use up dinner consisting of sautéed par boiled halved new potatoes with mushrooms, courgettes, spring onions and strips of pork...with some paprika, seasoning, lemon and basil. Served with a pile of dressed watercress.

Breakfast when DD eventually wakes up will be toasted brioche with fruit and yoghurt. OH will be home in a few hours and I’ve got a chicken to roast. We’ll probably roast it with lemon and garlic and serve with new potatoes or jacket potatoes, coleslaw and a couple of different salads. That’s leftovers for lunch tomorrow sorted too.

Dessert will be cheese and grapes.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 5th, 2018, 9:56 am

Yesterday woke up late and my tummy was still slightly delicate

Had 2 Poached eggs on Marmite toast for brunch. Cooked a load of steam veg including new potatoes with a grilled trout fillet and some salsa verde to make it interesting. Also some fruit

Today back to normal, berries with yogurt and granola for breakfast. No idea what comes next!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 5th, 2018, 11:56 am

Tried posting yestesy but it told me my IP was dodgy :shock: Friday lunch was a goat's cheese salad at work. Dinner was roasted veg and mahi with pesto. Yesterday shared crab cakes and tuna and avocado tartare for lunch. We were invited to a bbq but just had a few drinks and stopped off on the way home to share some calamari. Today is a sad day as our favourite place (and the place we had our first proper meal after Irma) shuts for good - so going there for lunch to have my last ever fav chicken curry :( Another casualty of the hurricane (incidentally 12% of the population has left since - extraordinary.

We may or may not stay for a few drinks through the afternoon so dinner likely to be something v simple.

We have tomorrow off (and in fact Tuesday and Wednesday) for the emancipation celebrations. Most restaurants will be closed and I haven't done enough shopping so eating might be a it dull!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 5th, 2018, 12:27 pm

After last nights awful dinner at friends - sorry but it was. I had a nightmare in which we turned u at their house and there was a whale in the garden which he was slicing into not very thin slices and putting on plates for starters :scared:

I realised that the entire meal contained not one fresh fruit or vegetable.

So this morning it was yogurt and erries - or just berries.
Lunch was eggs Benedict followed by a tomato salad and a pile of fruit, peaches apricots and watermelon.

I've got petits farcies - stuffed vegetaables for tonight which I think will be served with green salad and maybe some baby potatoes. There are loads of figs and plenty of cheeses for afterwards

The family arrives tomorrow and , as requested, i have steaks and I made a chocolate cake has been made. With the steaks we shall have a green salad and a Tabbouleh which I will make tomorrow.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 5th, 2018, 2:05 pm

That whale dream made me chuckle!

Breakfast was a slice of the same lovely oat covered bread from yesterday, toasted and spread with pumpkin jam. Very unusual stuff!

Lunch was leftover spaghetti with tomato sauce with spinach and veggie sausages.

I have just roasted a whole chicken so that will feature in dinner somehow. I'm really stuck for what to do with it. Possibly chicken and egg fried rice.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 5th, 2018, 5:05 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:I have just roasted a whole chicken so that will feature in dinner somehow. I'm really stuck for what to do with it. Possibly chicken and egg fried rice.

I'd do a chicken laksa or tom yum soup
Catherine
Registered

Postby Amber » August 5th, 2018, 9:08 pm

We had a beautiful meal at a small local restaurant..... :(

....spoiled by a noisy cackling woman at a nearby table . Why, and how, do some women cackle like that? :x
Amber
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 5th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Lunch was a salad bowl including a topping of watermelon, feta and mint salad
Supper was a cheeseburger, a proper homemade one - well the patty came from Waitrose
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 6th, 2018, 12:17 am

Saturday morning, I didn't eat until we went for OH's birthday brunch around 11:30. I had smoked streaky bacon and lovely scrambled eggs on a bagel and then we all had a slab of his very large, very chocolatey, very sweet, over the top cake which he was delighted with!
Tea was takeaway from the health place... steak, chicken and halloumi in a wholemeal pitta with salad and sweet potato fries.

Today, I had veggie sausage, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and fried egg (barely contained) in a wholemeal pitta.
I had a bit of OH's cake before I went off to Friends Fest which was just so much fun, what a great time I had dressing up as Rachel in her prom dress and taking pictures on the couch in Central Perk! I think I'm burnt though!
We ate pizza, I resisted the Joey special (2 pizzas!) And a few snacky bits.
Tea has been chicken kebabs from the best place in town... so good!

A very overindulgent weekend all in all! Probably negated the 2lbs I lost at slimming world but I shalln't beat myself up!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 7th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Emma, I did Friends fest last year, we had a great time. I had a ‘Ross sandwich’ :D

I had some mum friends round yesterday with lots of DDs friends. Lunch included leftover roast chicken in rolls...some with hot stuffing and some with coleslaw, cheese and also tuna mayo wraps. Plus crudités, dips, Spanish tortilla, salad, pasta salad with pesto, crisps and some frozen banana, watermelon and mango ice lollies (I.e. sticks of fruit put on a wooden lolly stick and frozen for a few hours).

Dinner was prawn and chorizo risotto with basil and tomatoes...topped with seared cod loin and wedges of lemon.

Lunch was a quick prawn sandwich whilst DD was at pre-school and before I treated myself to a spa treatment. I think dinner will homemade chicken goujons with skin on chips/wedges, corn on the cob, bbq sauce and salad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 7th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Yesterday lunch we had smoked salmon and scrambled eggs and a Bloody Mary. For dinner we had friends over for a BBQ. I had brined a pork tenderloin so had that, steak with chimichurri, a quinoa salad with kale, olives, feta and other bits and our friends made a lovely spinach salad with pine nuts.

Out on a boat today and had a mahi salad. Dinner will be something cobbled together from last night's leftovers. Maybe a pork stir fry or similar....
Rocky
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 7th, 2018, 10:36 pm

Yesterday had a bit of toast for breakfast, made a frittata with leftover veg at lunch time, and fished a little bit of brisket out of the freezer to make a Thai style salad

Toast for breakfast, a bit with marmite and a bit with Oxford marmalade Lunch was half a tomato & mozzarella salad and half a chicken salad while out

Dinner just the second half of the tortilla and two crackers with Bath Blue cheese

It’s raining, so might be cool enough to cook tomorrow
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 7th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Today has been terrible. :oops:

Fruit cake and tea for breakfast.

Roast chicken and coleslaw sandwich with cheese and onion crisps for lunch. More tea.

The last of my chicken and pesto spaghetti for dinner. I've resisted ice cream and had a tasty satsuma instead. My mouth just drooled typing satsuma but that was my last one. Must buy more tomorrow!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 8th, 2018, 11:46 am

Granola for breakfast. I just made a mushroom omelette for lunch topped with some shaved parmesan, rocket and watercress.

Dinner will be tacos. Some with shredded beef from the freezer and some with prawns. Plus the usual of salsa, guacamole, and also some grated cheddar and chopped pickled chillies. Served with salad and possibly a small bowl of veggie rice with coriander and lime.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 8th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Breakfast: bacon and 2 spoonfuls' of beans on toast

Lunch: Chicken sandwich this and a small pork pie

Dinner: chilli con carne and rice followed by a frozen yoghurt
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 8th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Monday - day of storm and family arrived.
Supper was melon with local ham. Grilled marinaded steaks with cous cous type salad with masses of herbs, spring onions and tomatoes and a green salad. Cheese with grapes and then chocolate cake for most, meringues with fresh berries for the rest.

Yesterday they were out for lunch and we ate the rest of the salad with some fresh beetroot salad and some lovely jambon persille. A peach afterwards.
Supper was veal marengo - lovely one pot dish. Cheese and grapes with green salad and then the kids favourite, Tarte Tropiziene.

Mr R brought me melon and a Buck's Fizz for my birthday and for lunch we had much the same as yesterday with a couple of different salad.
Tonight, who knows what because we are going to our friend's restaurant for dinner. The only certainty is that it will be good :hungry:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 8th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Happy birthday Rats.

Last night did a noodle dish with the leftover pork. Had leftovers of that for brekkie :chops: Lunch was a tuna and sweet corn salad. It is our anniversary today so also had a glass of prosecco. Today is the last day of our long weekend for emancipation. It's been lovely. A day and a half in the office and then I'm on leave for three week. V excited. As such we didn't think it worth buying anything new for dinner so are having some prawns I found in the back of the freezer. But suddenly I feel that we ought to be doing something nice for our anniversary. Hmmm.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Luca » August 8th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Happy anniversary Rocky! :cocktail: Relax and plan some daily anniversary treats over your forthcoming time off! Doesn't just have to be foodie. ;) I decided today to take time off too... and am so looking forward to it.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Rocky » August 8th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Enjoy Luca. Nice to 'see you'!
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 8th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Happy birthday Rats! Happy Anniversary Rocky! Happy time off Rocky and Luca! I'm off for a week too from next week and am determined to take it and enjoy it despite already being asked several times by various people at work to cancel it and the standard "You're off but you're on, right?" and "You'll be available on the phone/whatsapp/email though won't you?" :|

Anyway. Yesterday, I had cereal bars and fruit.
Lunch was marinaded paneer and rice.
Tea was at dad's when I went to collect Leo - fajita style chicken, reic and veg concoction, wraps and salad followed by fruit and yoghurt.

Today, same breakfast.
Lunch was a chicken salad baguette and a few mouthfuls of broccoli soup.
Tea has been just picking at bits... quorn nuggets, several :oops: chunks of ham which has been in the slow cooker during the day and then finished off in the oven tonight; mini falafel, bits of salad; 2 pieces of Mockolate brought back from Friends Fest (not actual Mockolate! Just milk chocolate)
Am in bed now, sadly with laptop, but I am doing the bare minimum then going to sleep so have brought up some warm squash. I don't remember the last time I went to bed before 1am/2am and could hardly get out of bed this morning so I'm aiming for 11pm! 2 more days!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 8th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Happy anniversary Rocky!
Enjoy you holidays

Today I had a bit of toast with PB Fit - that’s the powdered peanut that you make into a spread with water as a substitute for peanut butter. My guess is that it’s a by-product of oil manufacture, won’t bother again.

Forgot lunch so had a couple of Ryvita with oddments of cheese and cucumber. Some watermelon

Couldn’t decide on supper so made up a salad bowl with some salami, a few beans and some mozzarella. Also had a corn cob and then some fruit
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop