What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 8th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Malted wheaties with satsuma segments for breakfast. I must get a less sweet cereal next food shop. These must be full of sugar as they kept me going until well past 2pm.

Lunch was cheese and salad baguette with a few chips.

Dinner was a couple of large new potatoes briefly microwaved until soft, topped with a mix of grated Cheddar and sliced celery, some Marmite and finished off with piping hot baked beans with a side of jalapeno coleslaw. It was meltingly delicious!

I have equal quantities of that meal leftover for tomorrow night. That'll be nice, if a little 'studenty '.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 8th, 2018, 11:36 pm

EmWilk wrote:despite already being asked several times by various people at work to cancel it and the standard "You're off but you're on, right?" and "You'll be available on the phone/whatsapp/email though won't you?"

No, you bloody well won't be contactable by any means. You are on annual leave and have no obligation to be contactable. Leave is leave, work is not your life and they have no right to contact you, so no, you won't be available. You will be too busy making memories with your Son, and having Emma time x
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 8th, 2018, 11:41 pm

Catherine wrote:
EmWilk wrote:despite already being asked several times by various people at work to cancel it and the standard "You're off but you're on, right?" and "You'll be available on the phone/whatsapp/email though won't you?"

No, you bloody well won't be contactable by any means. You are on annual leave and have no obligation to be contactable. Leave is leave, work is not your life and they have no right to contact you, so no, you won't be available. You will be too busy making memories with your Son, and having Emma time x

Second that! Although it is hard to break a habit since you've worked there to be available. But a job is not for life, a son is. :hug: Enjoy your break. When you are awake and enjoying your time out can your phone go to bed?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 9th, 2018, 9:06 am

Happy birthday Rats and happy anniversary Rocky! I hope you do manage to get some sleep and take a break in your time off Emma :hug:

Lunch today will be some salad bits with some antipasti grilled veg out of a jar, plus a piece of toasted ciabatta drizzled with a little of the veg oil.

Tonight we're going to attempt to make a masala dosa and a dish we love from a local Nepalese restaurant which is piro prawns. I can only find recipes for piro aloo so we'll have to adapt that. There are a lot of green chillies in there anyway! I'm pregnant and really craving spicy foods at the moment :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Busybee » August 9th, 2018, 11:34 am

Congratulations OMCO, what lovely news. Hope you are keeping well.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 9th, 2018, 11:43 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:I'm pregnant and really craving spicy foods at the moment

TwoMoreCheekyOnes - Huge congratulations xx
Catherine
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 9th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Congratulations OMCO :hi5:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 9th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Congratulations OMCO!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 9th, 2018, 2:15 pm

Congrats OMCO! Isn't it odd that you either feel :sprout: or crave weird things! I'm sure back in the day we were told that spicy food would not be at all good for baby both when expecting and breastfeeding. We never considered how women from cultures where spicy food is the norm managed :lol: .

Em - what others have said. Enjoy a digital break and to sit back with a few :cocktail: :cocktail: and :hungry: :hungry: and loved ones instead. No-one's epitaph ever said they wished they had spent more time at the office.

Appetite still doing funny things, can't face fruit and veg but have been having some sips of a large bottle of smoothie and lots of sorbet over the past few days which might count for something. Otherwise, wholemeal toast, jam, hummus, milky tea and ready meals. I've had enough of bread now so will look towards healthier things tomorrow (toast and jam is rather nice though!) . Might be going to a Toby carvery or similar at the weekend with DD and DS and the thought seems quite attractive :o .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » August 9th, 2018, 5:47 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Malted wheaties with satsuma segments for breakfast. I must get a less sweet cereal next food shop. These must be full of sugar as they kept me going until well past 2pm.

Lunch was cheese and salad baguette with a few chips.

Dinner was a couple of large new potatoes briefly microwaved until soft, topped with a mix of grated Cheddar and sliced celery, some Marmite and finished off with piping hot baked beans with a side of jalapeno coleslaw. It was meltingly delicious!

I have equal quantities of that meal leftover for tomorrow night. That'll be nice, if a little 'studenty '.

Marmite cheese baked beans ,and jalapeño coleslaw, interesting combo :scared: . Congratulations OMCO
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Amber » August 9th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Lovely news OMCO :D :D .

Lots of salad here, with chips :oops: , and salmon in a yogurt, prawn and Ikea caviar sauce. Lovely :D :D .
Amber
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 9th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Breakfast granola, fruit, yogurt
Lunch a sort of shakshuka using up bed (was very good) I put in some potato so didn’t need bread
Some Bombay mix
Supper chilli and sweetcorn
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 9th, 2018, 11:21 pm

Ooooh congratulations Emma! How exciting! Hope you are doing well, sounds like it if you're eating well! Is Lilia super excited?!

You're all right about work, I definitely need a break. We are in the middle of some crazy expansion at present which is causing the damage but will be worth it. I'm definitely having a break! There's no escape from WhatsApp groups unfortunately but I'm muting them all!

Today, I had veggie sausage, bacon and tomato in wholemeal pitta for breakfast before a supplier meeting (frosty, to say the least, as our expansion means moving manufacturing in house and leaving them for that part of business) and I was gasping when I left so nipped and got an iced coffee.
Got back just in time for lunch to be served... we had biryani for the whole business which was a nice and welcome treat
Fruit salad this afternoon.
Tea has been ham and vegetable egg fried rice with kimchi.

I have done nothing tonight... just procrastinated, caught up with friends via message, chilled! I will pay for it tomorrow when I want to leave on time! :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 10th, 2018, 2:39 am

EmWilk wrote:You're all right about work, I definitely need a break. We are in the middle of some crazy expansion at present which is causing the damage but will be worth it. I'm definitely having a break! There's no escape from WhatsApp groups unfortunately but I'm muting them all!

That's my girl! - And WhatsApp may be active, but you don't have to open it. A week off is a week off. As far as work is concerned you could be anywhere in the world, different time zone etc. As soon as you walk out of works doors, your time is your own and private.
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 10th, 2018, 9:14 am

Good for you Emma! Enjoy your time off.

Thanks all! We're very happy and Lilia is extremely excited - we're going to find out the gender in a couple of weeks and we're considering having a cupcake made afterwards with a coloured pink or blue middle and let her find out if it's a brother or sister that way. I know it's a bit naff but she'd love it.

Breakfast was scrambled egg on toast.

I'm not sure about lunch...possibly something from Pret or Pita Pit.

Dinner will be at one of the Pesto chain of restaurants. There's a group of us going, including 4 children so the small plates aspect works well for sharing.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 10th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Breakfast was a small amount of malted wheaties with a satsuma and a low fat coconut Greek yoghurt.

Lunch was a small piece of carrot cake, a satsuma and a stick of celery dipped in hummus and some green olives.

Dinner is going to be a couple of meat free burgers with onions in a chunk of tiger baguette and the usual accompaniments - tomato ketchup, mayo, mustard. I might stick a few oven chips too. I'm leaving the pizza in the freezer for the weekend.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 10th, 2018, 6:12 pm

bran flakes for lunch
chilled cucumber garlic and yoghurt soup just now, and a pitta bread with a delicious cheese and ketchup 'topper' spread from M&S.
I may have dessert.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 10th, 2018, 8:51 pm

Aw, that's cute Emma, she'll love that!

Cereal bars this morning.
Ham and egg salad with falafel for lunch. And a bag of crisps. And an iced latte. :rolleyes:
I found some warby's bagel thins RTC when I went to get milk so I had a ham and cheese salad sandwich on one.
Now sat in bed with earl grey, a biscuit and some sweets :?
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Amber » August 10th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Lunch didn’t happen, tea was Sainsburys TTD ribeye....delicious :D .
Amber
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 11th, 2018, 8:17 am

Breakfast: Bite size shredded wheat with sliced banana and a splash of milk.
Lunch: beans on toast
Dinner: chicken salad followed by strawberries and cream
icelesley
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 11th, 2018, 12:48 pm

Congratulations OMCO - what great news - and what fun for Lilia!

Good luck with the break EmWilk. My work is the opposite. My boss told me that he has set up the equivalent of a swear box that I have to add five dollars to every time I work :o I expect I will do a bit but not much. I have said I would Skype my team a couple of times a week for them to ask me any questions.

We are en route to Slovenia and had a night in San Juan last night. Went out for a belated anniversary dinner and had a gorgeous meal. First course was octopus in the most amazing sauce, this was followed by a tiny plate of very delicate lobster risotto and a tuna dish after that. I am doing it no justice with my description. It was exquisite.
Rocky
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 12th, 2018, 7:43 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat with banana and a splash of milk
Lunch: leftover bits of BBQ meats on a bread roll
Dinner: Roast pork, Apple sauce, steamed cabbage and carrots, mashed Swede, roast potatoes and gravy followed by raspberries and cream
icelesley
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 12th, 2018, 6:11 pm

Yesterday was crumpets with poached egg and sausage. A few bits snacked on at a kids party in the afternoon. Enchiladas and salad for dinner.

Granola this morning and a few maoam sweets during a walk. Some little tasters of cheese and olives in a deli when we stopped for coffees.

Dinner was roast rib of beef followed by apple crumble. Next doors 3yr old grandson snuck over the fence to share some dessert with DD, I think we may have a boyfriend situation on our hands :D

Now for a cup of tea and a sit down in front of a film.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 12th, 2018, 6:25 pm

2 cups of T for brekkie. A rather delicious cut of pork with fennel and mushroom sauce from Lidl together with half a baked tato and a mix of french and runner beans and some batons of courgette. Starter was the ugly tomato - (sliced) on the other thread with a lashing of roasted pumpkin and sunflower seed oil and a piece of seedy toast.

Pizza later, I no doubt will dream for the world tonight.....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 12th, 2018, 6:44 pm

My diet has been shocking this weekend. e.g. a lot of chocolate trifle for lunch followed by some white chocolate. A bit of comfort eating there, I think.
Last night was potato rosti, with veggie hot dogs, parmesan, lancashire cheese, and rosemary and garlic. I'd had cheese and pitta for lunch.

I need to go back on a diet.

Anyway, tonight I am making melanzane parmigiana using roast Tigerella tomato passata. I ran out of oIive oil whilst cooking the first pan of aubergines :o It usually takes me ages to get through a bottle. I am reluctant to use my (quite) expensive Frantoio Muraglia Apulian oil, and also reluctant to get properly dressed and walk to the Turkish shop, so I am using a bit of expensive oil and some smoked rapeseed. I think it will be ok. It's annoying as I took the bus to Sainsbury's and back earlier. (Well, bus, and a walk...)

I just noticed that the Frantoio Muraglia oil, or the smoked version (which I also bought) is recommended in the Independent. They do some interesting infused ones too... celery?

https://theredbeetle.com/search?q=Frantoio+Muraglia

I am not sure if I am actually going to eat much/any of the MP, as no appetite, but will see.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 12th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Sounds very tasty Herb. Hope you get your appetite back soon.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 12th, 2018, 10:23 pm

My eating has been lazy due to having a bit of a haphazard day where things kept cropping up interrupting planned meals.

Mushrooms on Marmite toast and a big pot of Earl Grey from brewed leaves for breakfast. Lots of brown sauce. :chops: On the food, not in the tea...

Lunch was a veggie sausage in a slice of wholemeal seeded and a few oven chips. A big fat juicy easy peeler orange.

Dinner can't even be called dinner. A snack attack during Dragon's Den more like, because of it having no advert breaks I had to get myself comfy for the hour of course. Bag of cheese and onion Wheat Crunches, small bowl of toffee popcorn, choc ice.

Disgusted with myself. Tomorrow I need ten a day, if not twenty! :oops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 13th, 2018, 7:04 am

The melanzane was actually delicious (if I say so myself...) I had a very small portion and then had to have another very small portion.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 13th, 2018, 9:51 pm

Malted wheaties for breakfast. I'd run out of fruit to go with them.

Jacket potato, beans, cheese, huge side salad for lunch.

Half a very tasty veggie pizza shared with my mum for dinner. I topped mine with lots of mushrooms sauteed with garlic, Scotch bonnets and thyme, a large leaf salad with chopped red onion and green olives. There wasn't very much cheese on the pizza so I added cubes of brie which melted beautifully.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 13th, 2018, 10:02 pm

I like soft cheese melted on pizza Tezza...

Prawn and lettuce sarnie at 4pm, nothing before.....

Late supper of megrim and plaice with (s)mash made with fish stock and a medley of courgette, shallot and beans from the garden.
It all went in the oven there was a large piece of coley also cooked which I will make some thai fish cakes out of with some more mash for another meal the day after tomorrow.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 14th, 2018, 7:31 am

Hello from Slovenia. We have been eating marvelously. Sunday lunch we were at Frankfurt airport and had a Thai soup for lunch - surprisingly good! Dinner was fabulous - a shared mixed antipasti of cured meets etc, then main course was a filet steak that had been aged for so long it had a really unusual taste (we were warned lots of people didn't like it) with rocket. OH had an extraordinary dessert of a basil sponge with a sort of carameised coconut on it. He declared it delicious.

After a five hour mountain walk yesterday we had a great lunch of cevapccici (little kebab things) with grilled veg. Dinner was lovely - shared a fish ceviche and trout tartare. I then had beef tartare and fries :chops: OH had a really delicate risotto. He then had hazelnut ice cream.
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 14th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Sounds like you're having a lovely time Rocky!

I'm doing my best to enjoy the break but today is the first day I've not had a barrage of calls, messages and emails from work :rolleyes:. I have, however, had some nice food over the first few days.

Saturday, I had a delightful breakfast of smoked, streaky bacon, grilled tomatoes and poached egg on a toasted bagel.
Tea was, at OH's insistence, veggie dumplings and noodles.

Sunday a similar breakfast and tea was a retrieval from the freezer of paneer masala, some savories and a nice big Turkish flatbread from the Asian supermarket.

Yesterday, fruit toast and coffee while I blitzed the house.
An aubergine bake and salad from a local sandwich shop/catering place/bakery which was tummy.
Out for tea for sister's 40th birthday at newly opened Bistrot Pierre. It was very busy, they had run out(?!) of all beer but the food was decent.
I had creamy mushrooms and bacon on brioche to start and then steak frites.

Today, we had veggie sausage pittas for breakfast.
I've just had a spicy Mexican rice concoction.
We are out again for tea for OH's mum's 60th.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 14th, 2018, 2:54 pm

EmWilk wrote:m doing my best to enjoy the break but today is the first day I've not had a barrage of calls, messages and emails from work . I have, however, had some nice food over the first few days.

You should not be contactble. If they do you charge as a work day and claim i back. Leave means leave from work and that is your right. They are out of order
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 14th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Oh, I know Catherine, it's a funny time at work really, a lot going on and that is very much the culture. Most of the others in a similar position (within the group) aren't in the same position personally. I.e, they're not females with a young child(ren) :rolleyes: . I don't normally mind actually because i have a genuine love for the brand and feel enough ownership that I want us to succeed but I need a break. My boss called me yesterday and said I'd need to go in today. I said no and he just said I need to. I'm not there! It may not be terribly exciting but it I'm going to do a bit more tidying while Leo dances around making me laugh :D and just to keep it food, I'll have a jaffa cake with a brew too ;)

I don't just come here to whinge, I promise!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » August 14th, 2018, 4:36 pm

Well today I’ve been traveling through the RTC section at Tesco’s . I got some normal priced pork shoulder steaks , which were reasonably priced £2 something for a decent sized pack . They had an intriguing sounding pulled pork paste reduced from £2 something to 50p. This has gone over the steaks to slow cook with reduced to clear spring onions and pre sliced peppers. I’ll see how tender the pork will get as may shred it and have it in a baguette with some slaw kind of like a sloppy joe or serve with rice
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 14th, 2018, 7:55 pm

Stick to your guns Em - that is a shocking reaction from your boss. I'm a bit like you in that I'm so vested in my job (in a good but busy way) I don't mind keeping an eye on things but it has to be your (my) choice. He / she wouldn't have said that if you were in Spain but you shouldn't have to pretend you're out of the country....

Rather depressingly the nicest thing for me is not seeing devastation every day - makes me realise how awful things still are at home and we are coming up on a year. On my drive to work (15 mins) I reckon 40% of houses still have no roof - and at home we still have no doors and windows :cry: Moan over - I'm having a fab time away!
Rocky
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 14th, 2018, 8:25 pm

Scrambled egg on Marmite toast for breakfast. In Costa at lunchtime I had one of their oaty jam slices which was topped with various seeds. Lovely, really hit the spot. Quite filling! At a local bakery after that I had a coconut rock cake. It was good! So much sugar through the day am not hungry for dinner, silly me! No doubt I'll pick at something shortly. I've just remembered I have a couple of cooked veggie sausages and some fried onions in the fridge. Hmmm......sandwich possibilies there!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » August 14th, 2018, 10:20 pm

EmWilk wrote: My boss called me yesterday and said I'd need to go in today. I said no and he just said I need to. I'm not there!

Tell him you have gone abroad and not to contact you until your leave ends
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 15th, 2018, 8:36 am

Oh Rocky, that must be so tough to see every day :(

I spoke too soon about no calls yesterday :rolleyes: i didnt actually answer but i got a message to say I'd have a call today. We shall see.

The food was surprisingly lovely last night. I had tempura prawns to start. A pork fillet dish for mains with a ?? sauce, cabbage and bacon, dauphinois potatoes. Very agreeable!

Today, I've just had grilled bacon and tomatoes with a fried egg on half a Turkish flatbread.
I am so looking forward to today... we are gonna go and look for some house stuff and then this afternoon I have a blow dry, nails, eyebrows and a full body massage. Pamper afternoon!

Not sure about tea afterwards. Something easy!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 15th, 2018, 9:16 am

So don't have your mobile switched on Em and enjoy your pampering in peace.

I understand how much it must hurt to see the damage Rocky. There have been several mentions of how badly let down BVI if felling and my son'd colleauges how also reported the same. Enjoy the rest in Sloveniea. I adore Cevapccici. I don't fancy the basil and coconut dessert though.

We are now back to what passes as normal after the family invasion and last week's festivities.
Monday, after the family left we had a Dutch salad using the rest of the previous nights sausages,
Supper was Lyonnaise chicken with baked tomtoes and green beans with faiselle and raspberries afterwards.

Yesterday we finished the salad for lunch. Having had a croissant and coffee while out shopping
Supper was liver and bacon with onion gravy, baby potatoes and a broccoli puree.
Pud was a tarte fin au pommes - ie apple tarte with a very thin base. Brilliant if you have some left over puff pastry and want to throw something in the oven!

Today is a public holiday so we have had berries, his with yogurt for breakfast
Lunch will be naughty bacon butties to finish up the bacon
I have been asked for a chilli con carne for supper so I'll make an avocado salad to go with it and cook rice for us and some for the hens
Pancakes with HM cherry compote afterwards.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 15th, 2018, 9:29 am

On Monday we had honey, soy and sesame grilled chicken thighs with some stirfried veg and noodles. Finished off with chilli oil, lime juice and peanuts.

Last night we had seabass with asparagus and new potatoes, and I made a watercress sauce to go with it.

Tonight we're having beef stroganoff - I haven't decided between serving it with rice or pasta yet, but we tend towards rice.

I am currently obsessed with lunches which involve hot roast beef, some kind of melting cheese, onions of any description and copious quantities of any mustard. Some kind of peppery green leaf on the side too. So for the last few days lunches have included all of those, either in a panini or a quesadilla. I might mix it up and have it today in a baguette!

Enjoy your pamper Emma, and your holiday Rocky! Hope everyone else is also having a good week x
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 15th, 2018, 9:13 pm

EM, don't be a slave ! They all seem to dump on you in the end......Did with me too ! Glad to be out of the rat race.....

Rocks, still jealous of you in Slov. !

Mini hot X buns for brekkie - mostly for him, I did have some cornflakes late morning...... A bagel and soft cheese driving over to Swindon late pm then 2 HM fishcakes and a poor mans ratatouille I forgot to put any herbs in :rolleyes: Still tasted good as the tomatoes were all from the GH
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 15th, 2018, 9:19 pm

First thing I had a satsuma, a plum and a coconut flavoured Greek yoghurt.

Lunch was a wholemeal sandwich of veggie sausage, fried onion and coleslaw and a side of wheat Crunchies. Another satsuma and a plum followed.

All afternoon and part way into the evening I have been making a large batch of brown Daddies style sauce and much sampling has been done and it was far more time consuming than I remembered with the sterilizing of bottles etc that dinner did not happen! I am going to head for the bag of popcorn I have in my snack cupboard.... :oops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 16th, 2018, 3:43 am

Been a bit lax since I was unwell. Going back onto nights with a semi empty lardsr doesn't help. :oops:. Nice to see Rocky and em having a bit of a break. It's annoying how it seems impossible to have a holiday at home that others take seriously. Everyone else seems to be eating delicious things.
Yesterday I had egg & toast when I got up. Cooked a thing I bought reduced in Waitrose the other day to bring in to work with some salad - a sort of sausage meat and tomato pasty. Very nice. Also had a satsuma and someone brought doughnuts .. :oops:. Will have something small before going to bed when I get home, not sure what but looks as though it needs to be something healthy!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 16th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Thanks all - and thanks Rats for your kind words. I actually genuinely don't think BVI has been let down. The scale of the damage here is WAY more extensive than anywhere else (other than Barbuda) but the media often doesn't mention us in that context. In fact the only progress has been funded by the UK. That said there is so much to do maybe we do need more help. Here I am moaning again - sorry!

Having a FABULOUS time and food has been amazing. Yesterday we almost by mistake had a 55km bike ride up into the alps. Lunch was a a veal stew and some grilled veg. Stupidly I entered a 10km running race that evening but was so utterly shattered it was so so hard. A very deserved dinner was beef carpaccio followed by the most amazing lemon and prawn risotto (we are staying for a few days in a place a few miles from Italy). Today was meant to be a light exercise day but ended up doing a five hour walk into the mountains so we were ravenous for lunch. Shared a plate of karst ham, tomato salad and a non cheese pizza with fresh tomato and olives. Dinner has been shared gnocchi with wild mushrooms, a schnitzel and some grilled veg. I wish I knew to attvh photos - this place is beyond beautiful!
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 16th, 2018, 9:24 pm

Ooooh Rocky, lovely!!

Last night's tea was indeed easy... griddled red onion and green peppers, a packet of "firecracker" rice bought from somewhere.... aldi maybe. Plus some griddled halloumi which then had a piri-piri-esque sauce poured over and bubbled for a minute or 2.

Today, I ate crusts from Leo's toast (I've no idea why OH cut them off as we don't normally) then we went out for brunch with mum before she took the youngster. I had a delicious (gorgeous, freshly cooked and thickly sliced) ham and cheese on toast with roasted tomatoes, a few chips and salad.
Then a drive to Leeds where I got a warm cookie upon check in to the hotel.
A peach iced tea whilst wandering.
Been to bundobust for tea and got masala dosa with sambar; kale and onion bhaji; paneer and mushroom kebab; some sort of chaat and a beautiful tarka dahl and rice. Sooooo stuffed!

Cocktails then retiring for a (hopefully) lovely long sleep!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 16th, 2018, 10:44 pm

A quite boring day of eating for me compared to you lot! :lol: All nice but nowhere near as exciting!

Alpen and a satsuma first thing. Lunch was a chunk of sun dried tomato ciabatta with extra strong Cheddar, cucumber from my uncle's greenhouse and some of my brown sauce. Then an apple.

Fish cakes with jacket potato, coleslaw which I pepped up with hot habanero chilli sauce, on the side green beans and peas. Then something I've never tried before which was so lovely I don't think I'd better buy ever again! A Twice As Ice! chocolate ice cream waffle cone from Co-op, one of a box of four. I mis-read the label on the box and didn't realise that they were ALL chocolate. A swirly chocolate top with chocolate ice cream packed into a chocolate waffle cone underneath. If you are a chocolate fiend I urge you to indulge!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

Rocky, I wish I could get into the swing of even half the exercise you enjoy! Hope you have a lovely rest em.

The chocolate treat sounds good Tezza.

This week is going down in history as particularly bad diet-wise. I had egg and toast when I got up and we had a take away to celebrate a birthday at work. I had a heavenly dish of chicken cooked with mango in a creamy sauce and coconut rice. Needless to say I didn't and still don't want anything else and didn't even eat the apples or satsumas I had brought.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 17th, 2018, 5:47 am

Em - that sounds like a great day. Hope you managed a lovely long sleep.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 17th, 2018, 8:44 am

Rocky, each time you go to Slovenia your descriptions make me want to visit! We've already booked our main holidays for next year but perhaps the year after!

Last night we had grilled plaice with homemade chips and tartare sauce, lemon wedges, peas and tenderstem broccoli.

I've been up since 3am - partly because OH has man flu and was snoring like a pig and partly because i'm just generally suffering with awful insomnia and headaches at the moment. I'm working from home so hopefully can have a lie down later if I can plough through work (and get off Wildfood! :D)

So breakfast no.1 at about 4.30am was some granola. Breakfast no.2 a while later was one of those massive crumpets. Now it feels like lunchtime :shock:

Dinner tonight will be some kind of meze. I've defrosted a rack of lamb and we have halloumi, lemons, olives, tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, basil and oregano, pine nuts, rice, potatoes etc etc. We'll decide on a few dishes later.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop