What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Seatallan » August 17th, 2018, 11:18 am

Rocky, whilst I'd pass on the bike ride I'd love to have joined you on the mountain walk (and on the 10k the run, though you'd be way ahead of me :D ). I'd also deffo join you in the dinner. The prawn and lemon risotto sounds wonderful! :hungry:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 17th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Yesterday we had some very good ham wrapped round cottage cheese and loads of freh herbs with a black tomato salad ( black Crimea variety - yummy) with very good olive oil and heaps of basil. Lovely peach afterwards.

Following our morning's shopping supper was natural smoked haddock Florentine with a new -laid poached egg on top. Soooooo good.
Dessert was French style rice pudding with a dollop of the cherry compote
Toast and Marmite or marmalade for breakfast
Lunch was a sort of Vietnamese prawn salad with bean sprouts red onion, cucumber little tomatoes and unsalted peanuts with chilli and lots of mint and a dressing with fish sauce rice wine vinegar and lime. I think :lol: :lol:
Tonght I have made an osso buco with the veal I took out of the freezer yesterday and abandoned in favour of the haddock. I'll serve it with polenta.
The rest of the rice and compote will be made into a parfait.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Amber » August 17th, 2018, 8:28 pm

A friend of mine recently had a week in Slovenia...she said it was lovely.

Tonight I made salmon and prawn stir fry, using a whole chilli in a pack of Sainsburys stir-fry veg, with extra veg, chilli, ginger, and garlic. A dish I’ve made many, many times before. Tonight, I reacted to some chilli :( . I was terrified. I couldn’t breathe or swallow. Eventually I managed to pour and sip some milk. The rest of the meal was eaten very, very slowly, with all of the chilli carefully picked out. I’ve never been so terrified :o . I’ve had very hot meals before, but never like this. Fortunately OH will be home soon, but my breathing is still hot, fast and shallow. No need to panic, I just need to calm down. Phew!

A (gin-less) tonic is helping.
Amber
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 17th, 2018, 8:38 pm

Seatallan wrote:Rocky, whilst I'd pass on the bike ride I'd love to have joined you on the mountain walk (and on the 10k the run, though you'd be way ahead of me :D ). I'd also deffo join you in the dinner. The prawn and lemon risotto sounds wonderful! :hungry:

I've always got the sense we were quite similar. The mountain walking here is simply amazing. I wish I could share photos.

For all the Wildies I know, we have a house here (makes us sound glam but this is our only house not a second holiday home!) so we are delighted to give to people we know at mate's rates so if anyone fancies Slovenia let me know. It is the most amazing place - and so cheap once here.

We had a long bike ride up a valley today followed by a walk up to a hut with the most sensational view. Lunch was the most extraordinary salad of interesting leaves with tomato and what only be described as shaved bits of kebab - utterly delicious. We had decided to have the tasting menu at our hotel restaurant tonight but last minute they decided to do a bbq buffet - no interest in that so last minute went to the lemon risotto place. Shared a seafood starter of prawns in film, salmon mousse , tuna tartare, trout carpaccio and a bacalau (Sp) mousse - amazing. For mains we shared a tagliata salad where the beef was sensational - and the lemon risotto. An amazing meal and amazing value. Off to our usual neck of the woods bright and early as there is a 13 k race around the lake at 10:30 we fancy doing (Seatallan if you jump on a plane now.....)
Rocky
Registered

Postby Amber » August 17th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Someone mentioned Turkish flatbreads earlier....have you tried this very quick and easy recipe? We love it. :D

https://www.blog.lakeland.co.uk/recipe/ ... hini-tart/
Amber
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 17th, 2018, 9:35 pm

2 mini hot X buns for brekkie. A wholemeal ham & cheese toast with tomatoes, lettuce and cuc for lunch.

Supper was homemade fish Kluski (balls) cooked in a fish stock with mixed veg, thrown in too. I was impressed as it was based on a Polish Kluski recipe that I adapted. Very tasty and the lemon zest, shredded ginger and lemon grass added a thai fragrance we both enjoyed. The fish was only coley but together with the potato starch and breadcrumbs came together well with an egg to bind. Not all experiments work but this was one that did, I shall do that again.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 17th, 2018, 10:47 pm

Alpen and satsuma for breakfast.

A rather stressful lunch out with my mum for a number of reasons, mainly my huge craving for a fillet of salmon with buttered new potatoes and green veg only be told after ordering and finding a table that they had run out of salmon. So, a rushed change of decision to omelette, only to be asked ten minutes later 'What was that replacement order?' :rolleyes: I told my mum to tuck into her lunch of fish, chips and mushy peas before it got cold and by the time mine came out she'd finished hers so I decided to bring mine home in a takeaway box. Only for me to forget it was on the front seat of mum's car, she dropped me off in town so I could walk home and upon return she had left my omelette on my doorstep! Whilst contemplating whether or not I should still eat it I ate a mint choc ice from Iceland which I bravely picked up in a box of four from town in the hope that wrapping them in two bags for life would keep them from melting. After all, it wasn't too hot out there today. Took one bite and the entire outer shell of chocolate fell off in my lap in four pieces..... :sad:

I ate the omelette with some oven chips and smothered the lot in my homemade HP style sauce. :chops:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 18th, 2018, 8:35 am

Caribbean evening tonight.
Menu:
"Conch" fritters - I'm using fresh Whelks with a hot dipping sauce
Jerk chickenFried plantain
Peas n'rice Bahamian style
Candied sweet potato.
Coconut givres - half coconut shells filled with cocnut icecream ( not for me of course)
Exotic fruit platter - all fresh if you can count the food miles as fresh!

Drinks on offer

Gin and coconut water
Drexels punch - rum and fruit based
Rum Collins
Cuba Libres
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 18th, 2018, 9:07 am

Rocky wrote:I've always got the sense we were quite similar. The mountain walking here is simply amazing.

It does sound wonderful Rocky. If ever we go walking abroad I might well take you up on mates rates and give Slovenia a whirl. As I've been saying for yonks, so many mountains, so little time. :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 18th, 2018, 10:01 am

Slovenia sounds lovely. Hope you have not developed an allergy to chillies Amber. I have a friend with such an allergy.

Yesterday- toast and jam when I got up, a salad of garden tomatoes peppers and chickpeas with lots of flavouring during the night and a couple of satsumas.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Amber » August 18th, 2018, 10:56 pm

Thank you...I’ve calmed down a bit now :oops: . But I carefully fished out every last bit of chilli last night.

Tonight we visited a (relocated) local Greek restaurant.it was delicious; I’m full....but not over-stuffed.
Amber
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 19th, 2018, 12:11 am

Emma, that sounds terrible, hope you're managing to get some rest.
Amber, the chilli incident sounds frightening! Proceed with caution on the next chilli dish!

I did have a nice long sleep on Thursday night, a good 8 hours I reckon!
When we eventually got ready, we went to Livin' Italy for breakfast. I've never heard of it but it felt a bit small-chain like. In any case, it was really delicious. The coffee was great and I had toasted brioche topped with fried eggs and crispy pancetta. Really tasty.
Chocolate and wine gums en route home :oops:
Tea was gochujang salmon and Asian noodles.
Went to sister's to prep food for today and had a cuppa whilst there but resisted the chips on offer!

This morning, bacon and egg rolls for breakfast.
A bombay samosa when I went to pickup goodies from the south indian place.
It's been my sister's 40th and Leo's 2nd combined birthday party today and there was plenty of food on offer but I don't really feel like I had that much. A burger off the bbq, a few skewers of different varieties, some cake... Oh maybe I did then :lol:
Tonight, we've had a few more indian snacks which we sneaked from my sister's... so spicy though, I can feel my insides burning!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 19th, 2018, 9:14 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat and a splash of milk

Lunch: mini pizza

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed cabbage, cauli, broccoli and carrots with yorkshire pud ( I know its not with beef) and gravy followed by strawberries, raspberries and cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 19th, 2018, 9:34 am

Yesterday:
Toast & jam

Veggies in cheese sauce with cheese & crumb topping & a turkey rashers followed by berries (with GD).

Later: the remainder of the above.f
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 19th, 2018, 9:49 am

Yesterday:

A satsuma and a plum for breakfast.

Lunch was a small jacket potato with stir fried sweetheart cabbage with chilli, garlic, cumin seed and turmeric.

Dinner was half a veggie pizza with extra mushrooms and to follow a mint choc ice.

Not sure what's for eats today as I am off blackberry picking so some of those will feature!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 19th, 2018, 3:43 pm

Lunch yesterday was a Korean chicken burger at Leon. Some trashy concert fast food late evening at a music gig at the cricket ground.

Pancakes, yoghurt and fruit this morning.

Lunch in a French restaurant of roast chicken with mushrooms and mushroom sauce, frites and salad. Ice cream during the interval of Peppa Pig live at Buxton opera house and I’ve just had a Krispy Kreme doughnut with a cup of tea.

We were planning on making a cheese, potato and onion plate pie for dinner to have with salad (and some beans for Lilia) but I think we’re too stuffed. Instead we might have a shared cheese and fruit plate in front of a film later.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 19th, 2018, 3:46 pm

Meant to say...hope you’re ok Amber! That’s happened to me on a couple of occasions with prawns where I’ve suddenly developed a rash and struggled to breathe.

It happens so infrequently that I still eat them though :?
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 19th, 2018, 9:00 pm

Breakfast: toast and jam
Lunch: Baxters soup. Fruit
Supper: Veg in cheese sauce again - with rice. Raspberry sorbet.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 19th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Crust of toast with biscuit spread for brekkie.

Lunch was tomato stuffed with fish and rice for a starter. Main was HM cottage pie with peas and carrots. Pud was ginger and black cherry flan with cream.

Supper was half a pizza which was a tad burnt because I have not mastered the new mini oven yet.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 19th, 2018, 10:22 pm

After a Sunday morning power walk I was starving so ate a small bowl of Alpen with a satsuma, a plum and a nectarine for afters.

Lunch was a mozzarella, tomato and pesto panini courtesy of Sainsbury's cafe. Nice, but whoever toasted it did not use a panini press. It might have at most been shoved under a grill for one minute. Tasty but disappointing on the melt front.

Dinner was a slice of multiseed bloomer with Vegemite, avocado, tomato, lettuce and cucumber washed down with piping hot Earl Grey then another nectarines.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 19th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Today, OH made us veggie sausage butties for breakfast after we did lots of present opening with the birthday boy. Or rather, for him, as he got bored of it after the first few - gratitude eh :rolleyes:
We went to a steam railway place but he was asleep in the car by the time we got there so we had a coffee of the car first.
Then picked at bits of crisps and sweets until tea time. We got takeaway but attempted to make it healthy(ier) by getting chicken shashlick and not bothering with he sauce, rice, salad and roti.
I feel a bit down about how quickly he's growing up!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 20th, 2018, 1:13 pm

We made the cheese and potato pie in the end last night and just had a small piece each. OH has taken some to work today and Lilia will have the last piece for dinner.

They went blackberry picking along the edges of the fields yesterday evening and went out our back gate at the bottom of the garden which gives direct access to public footpaths along farmland. Somehow a fence panel got knocked and we’ve had cows wandering around the garden this morning :shock: Anyway, I’ve promised an apple and blackberry pie this week with the blackberries but the apple tree is down where the cows have broken in and I don’t want to go through them until the farmer sorts it out and OH puts some temporary fencing up :D

We had lunch out with my sister, niece and nephew. I had a mushroom risotto.

Dinner will be sang choi bao (sp) and probably a few blackberries after.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Amber » August 20th, 2018, 8:31 pm

I’m absolutely fine, thank you. But I won’t be eating chillies on my own for quite some time.

Salmon, pea, and pesto pasta for us tonight. (with extra veg, and spinach on the side :D :D )
Amber
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 20th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Blackberries seem to be making their gorgeous presence known these past few days! :tu:

Breakfast today was Alpen with a satsuma and my blackberry haul from yesterday. I have in the past mentioned that I am not keen on muesli that has too many sultanas in it. I think this Swiss style one from Aldi will be a regular feature in my cereal collection. Yum!

For lunch I layered sesame Ryvitas with Vegemite, avocado, tomato and cucumber then finished off with a very juicy nectarines and an apple.

Dinner was a frozen ready meal that my mum brought round for me the other day. Young's (I think) salmon fillet with roast potato slices, peas, carrots and a creamy watercress sauce. I was pleasantly surprised as it was actually very nice, and just ten minutes in the microwave et voila, dinner is served! It needed lots of ground white pepper though and a splash of habanero chilli sauce. Well, IT probably didn't need it. I did. :chops: I had a packet of coconut sesame snaps afterwards.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 20th, 2018, 10:49 pm

Lots of lovely Wildie food again ... sounds like a bit of a garden disaster though OMCO!

Today:
Porridge
Cheese & salad roll. Strawberries. Choc digestive.
Very late after a meeting: tomato & basil salad, lettuce, cheese, a few doughballs. Cornetto.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 21st, 2018, 5:19 am

Have been having lots of hearty food with all of this exercise. On Saturday after the lake race I had a veal stew which was very brothy and utterly delicious. Lots of bread dipped in. We stayed in and did a barbecue for dinner of cevapcicci, chicken kebabs, a tomato and feta salad and some rocket. On Sunday we had a walk from the house and then sat in the garden for lunch where I had all the leftover bits from the night before. Dinner was almost the same as the previous evening with the addition of some little spuds. Yesterday we had a bit of an epic mountain walk and were ravenous for lunch - I had goulash soup which was absolutely amazing. For dinner we had a giant takeaway pizza with lots of prosciutto on it with some salad.

Not sure on lunch today. We are having some people over for dinner. I am hoping to make a pork and chick pea curry but will have to see what ingredients I can get. Spices don't seem to be a real feature here so I will have to rapidly think of a plan B when I'm in the shops :D
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 21st, 2018, 8:56 am

We both had rye bread toast with peanut butter for breakfast.

Lunch is to be eggs benedict as I found muffins in the freezer and have some ham.

Supper is going to be pork fillet with prunes and brandy, leek fondu and baby spuds. There is some exotic fresh fruit salad left from last night for afters.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 21st, 2018, 10:29 am

Was at my mother's at the weekend so ate terribly. I did my usual pommes parmentier with veggie sausage, garlic seasoning, smoked paprika and extra mature cheddar and ate a lot of desserts and chocolate

last night was smoky baked beans with garlic, coriander and cumin and grated cheddar...
And today I am going out for vegan junk food... (which I admit, I am rather looking forward to.)

I need to get back on track.

I need to make a load of passata tonight, so may not cook, but a paneer dish ( as in, I have a packet of paneer and need/want to use it) is on my radar for very soon.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 21st, 2018, 6:15 pm

Alpen for breakfast.

Lunch was a chunk of multigrain bloomer that needed using up. It was rather chewy but soon softened up when I topped it with Vegemite, avocado, tomato and cucumber and added a side of creamy potato salad.

Dinner is just about to be fish cakes, more potato salad, baked beans and spinach.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 21st, 2018, 7:34 pm

Breakfast:Porridge & blueberries

Lunch:Fish fingers, potato 'faces', asparagus, green beans, tomato. Strawberries. Small jam tart (Yes, GD was here playing with pastry!).

Supper: mini quiche, leftover veg & tomato, rice and pea crisps. Strawberries. Small jam tart.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Amber » August 21st, 2018, 8:49 pm

Sliced pots, roast for 20mins, add celery, peppers and lemon, roast 20mins, add courgette, tomatoes and oregano, roast 20mins. At some point add a little wine and stock.

It would have been tastier with some garlic, but as I need to get up close and personal with people tomorrow, I had to give it a miss :( . Which made me think...when is the last time you noticed ‘garlic breath’? Have we all become immune?
Amber
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 22nd, 2018, 9:49 am

Rocky, your holiday food really does sound good.

Yesterday we had a picnic in the walled garden of one of the local national trust places. Myself and DD took roast chicken sandwiches, coleslaw, fruit salad and some garish fairy cakes which we made in the morning. Plus some other bits and pieces as we all shared everything.

Dinner was just some salad and some cheese and pickles.

Cereal for breakfast but i'm hungry already so have just had a slice of smoked salmon to keep me going. Lunch will be some thick cut honey roast ham in a roll with salad, spring onions and mayo.

Dinner will be butter chicken curry with rice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » August 22nd, 2018, 1:29 pm

Yesterday's vegan junk lunch was toasted sandwich of vegan chorizo, sheeze and jalapenos with a side order of fries. It was so large that, even though I ate only half of it, I was too full for dinner. I had insomnia again though, so had some hazelnut and caramel Milka and a cup of warm milk at 1am.

I had another rather larger than I should have had lunch today at Caravan: side order: jalapeno cornbread with chipotle butter, coriander and lime; smalle plate: Burrata, broad bean, pea, mint and lemon verbena salsa; dessert: Brazil nut and baked apricot rye pastry tart, white chocolate sorbet, fresh fig.

It was delicious. I am out tonight so won';t be having dinner. (But maybe having more soporific warm milk, this time before insomnia establishes itself.)

IMG_7542.jpg

IMG_7543.jpg
Last edited by Herbidacious on August 22nd, 2018, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 22nd, 2018, 1:41 pm

The usual coffee and croissant after shopping.

Lunch was Dauphinoise ravioli (the tiny ones) with a fresh tomatoe sauce. Lovely big Italia grapes afterwards.

Quick supper tonight moules frites Then figs from the yard which I shall make into a tarte fin by quartering them and arranging them on some ready rolled puff pastry with a bit of a drizzle of lavender honey before baking.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 22nd, 2018, 4:22 pm

Those both sound delish Rats and Herb :chops:

Huevos rancheros for brekkie with Turkish flatbread, I didn't have the egg..... He had salad for lunch with prosciutto I had cheese and celery on wholemeal, Supper is seared Tuna with a veg medley and a small baked tato (shared). There were 4 tuna steaks in the pack and I am looking for ideas to make the other 2 into a different meal? Ideas anyone ??
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 22nd, 2018, 6:27 pm

Salad Nicoise Zosh :hi5:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 22nd, 2018, 8:24 pm

Monday, I had cereal bars and fruit for breakfast.
Lunch was a really lovely homemade (not by me) cheese and onion pasty and some soup.
Tea was (made by OH) quorn nuggets, chips and beans! His staple!

Yesterday, same breakfast.
Chicken salad box for lunch.
Tea was veggie sausage, mushroom, tomatoes, fried egg and beans on a piece of toast.

Today, veggie sausage and tomato pitta.
Lunch was chicken salad box again.
Fruit through the day.
Tea is roasted peppers, red onion and tomatoes, a spiced chicken breast and a mash of garlicky chickpeas and spinach. Really nice! :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 22nd, 2018, 8:53 pm

That looks very interesting Herbi!

Today: Breakfast: strawberries & banana
Lunch: cold meat & salad sandwich.
Supper: Smoked haddock with cheese sauce and crumb topping (a ready made thing, very tasty but very rich), plain potato to counteract the richness, green beans, broccoli, carrots. Ice lolly (cheap Sainsburys version of a Magnum).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 22nd, 2018, 9:08 pm

Thanks Rats, I have all the other ingredients...excellent idea ! :tu: :tu: And it's one of our favourites :chops:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 22nd, 2018, 9:18 pm

Scrambled egg and mushrooms on toast for breakfast.

I could only be bothered to fetch a Cornetto out of the freezer for lunch. A very juicy peach mid afternoon.

Jacket potato, a little grated Cheddar, baked beans and spinach on top for dinner. I'm just nibbling on popcorn.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 23rd, 2018, 5:32 am

I managed to find enough spices to make the curry on Tuesday and delicious it was too. Served it with a tomato salad and some raita (and little spiced spuds)

Yesterday I had leftover curry for lunch with some salad and then the leftover spuds cooked up with peppers and peas for dinner - we were feeling a bit lazy. We are a bit mother Hubbard today so I expect we might have lunch out - I fancy goulash I think. We have booked dinner at the place in the village where you get what you are given - and it is always nice!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 23rd, 2018, 8:51 am

That sounds good Rocky.

Blueberries and yogurt forMr R's breakfast .

Lunch is to be goat cheese and balsamic beetroot on rye toast with salad and , I have no doubt grapes to follow

Supper is mussel chowder and there is half the fig tarte I made last night afterwards.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 23rd, 2018, 9:15 pm

Long work day:
Breakfast: Banana & jam sandwich
Late lunch: Remainder of last night's supper & an apple.
Late suppee: Egg on toast. Sainsbury's Magnum-like lolly.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 23rd, 2018, 9:41 pm

I finished the remnants on last night's popcorn before my morning walk.

Lunch was a cheese and tomato toastie in The Range American style diner thing en route to the curtain and blinds department.

A bowl of my red lentil, potato and spinach curry made this morning, followed by a coconut Greek yoghurt and a sesame snap.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Rocky » August 24th, 2018, 5:57 am

Well dinner was a treat. A really light beef broth to start. Then a tomato and rocket salad with the most amazing dressing. Then a plate to share that had potato wedges on the bottom nicely sitting in the juices of a couple of pork steaks and a couple of fat juicy ribs. A really delicious courgette side dish too. Dessert was tiramisu - I don't have a sweet tooth so OH ate both and declared it delicious. Still full!

Having a long run this morning whilst OH cycles. Lunch will be salady bits. Dinner will be a barbecue with cevapcicci featuring. I'm also wondering about trying to do some aubergine slices on there too.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » August 24th, 2018, 8:53 am

Last night we had crab, mascarpone and lemon risotto with some pea shoots and steamed samphire on top.

Breakfast this morning was sausages with grilled tomatoes and a potato cake.

Dinner will be griddled lime and chilli chicken skewers with grilled corn, pico de gallo and a green salad. Eton mess for dessert.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 24th, 2018, 9:18 am

I could really fancy that risotto OMCO.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 24th, 2018, 8:01 pm

I could happily live on Rocky's or OMCO's fine dining!

Back to the reality of snatched meals though:
Breakfast: jam and banana sandwich (fabulous combination - wholemeal bread)
Lunch: lots of salad veg and a small piece of cheese. Satsuma
Supper: Macaroni cheese with lots of veg. Sainsburys fake Magnum.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 24th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Breakfast, after waking up late ready to put money on it being Saturday - wholemeal toast topped with Vegemite, avocado and tomato. Piping hot Earl grey.

After finding myself preparing my job centre paperwork in front of Jeremy Kyle instead of Saturday Kitchen - a bite of dad's wife's super scrumptious fruit cake and two satsuma to keep me going.

Dinner was another portion of my veggie curry followed by popcorn in front of Masterchef.

Not the healthiest or most nutritious of days, but I feel suitably satisfied.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby EmWilk » August 24th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Yesterday, I had something or other for breakfast... seems like weeks ago! Cereal bar and fruit most likely.
Lunch was chicken, roasted veg and a tiny bit of rice.
Tea was pork steaks cooked in the oven with a bit of paprika and red wine vinegar (more to add moisture without oil but it worked nicely actually) and big chunky rigatoni in an equally chunky tomato sauce with aubergine, peppers and red onion.

Today, I had the usual miserable breakfast :rolleyes: think I actually skipped the fruit too today :o
Lunch was leftover pasta. And a shared bueno. And a shared packet of crisps. I don't know if it's the thought of Saturday morning weigh in that makes me just give up :lol:
I got in from work at 10:30 :cry: what a horrendous week. I've just had a toasted bagel. Now I just need to fit approx. 3 days worth of work in before I try on a load of delivered clothes, find something decent to wear and then go to bed and have a lovely sleep to wake up refreshed for a nice girls weekend to Birmingham. Easy ;) i think I'm gonna need another bagel :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop