What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby earthmaiden » September 22nd, 2018, 8:25 pm

Sounds a lovely weekend Rocky!

Breakfast: porridge with Apple
Lunch: (out with a friend at a local pub). Mushroom soup. Game Pie with veg and chips (delicious sensible sized helping). Raspberry pannacotta with raspberry ice cream.
Supper: Yogurt and grapes.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 23rd, 2018, 7:52 am

That sounds idyllic Rocky 8-)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 23rd, 2018, 1:49 pm

Rocky what a lovely weekend.

Our lunch was also wonderful.
I hade cod brandade with a tapenade oil for strters and Mr R had a courgette caneloni filled witha local fresh cheese and herbs and a dreid tomato puree.

My main was veal sweet breads cooked in hay on a parsnip and potato puree with a whole braised baby pak choi
His was roast haddock with barigoule artichokes and an olive puree

His dessert was a marron parfait on a sable biscuit with dark chocolate and a marron ice cream.
Mine was utterly delicious. It was based around a tequilla sunrise and was a bit like a very boozy trifle except the custard was replaced with a foam and the base was fresh and confit orange and a very small amount of sponge cake and topped with a tequilla and orange sorbet all served in a mini fish bowl shaped dish!. It tasted every bit as lovely as it looked.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 23rd, 2018, 11:56 pm

Deep envy!

Brunch: egg, potato & baked beans
Later: Fruit salad with yogurt
Late Supper: Chicken& Mushroom pie (a RTC one which has been in the freezer), broccoli & carrots & small jacket potato.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 24th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Rats ... that sounds marvellous :drool: :mrgreen:

Yesterday was a bit strange for a Sunday, foodwise. The usual muesli and kefir for breakfast ... ham and chutney rolls and courgette cake with DS in his new premises, and by the time we got home all we had the energy for was mushroom omelette.

Today is the usual breakfast ... mushroom soup for lunch, and I've prepped a stuffed belly of pork together with roast potatoes and carrots, and there are runner beans in the fridge to go with it so that's supper sorted :)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 24th, 2018, 6:15 pm

A few spoonfuls of granola with 2 cups of T and a freshly baked wholemeal scone (remoska) with bramble jelly for brekkie.

Lunch was a smoked ckx. roll, some crisps and a shared piece of refrigerator cake.

Supper will be marinated lamb ribs, baked tato and stir fry veg.

Some nice sounding meals out there, Rocky I am so envious of your locations !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 24th, 2018, 6:39 pm

WE had yogurt and berries or just berries for breakfast
Leek and tattie soup with fresh baked rolls for lunch and
Roast chicken with baby spuds, broccoli and balsamic tomatoes fro supper then pear Savoyade
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 25th, 2018, 4:09 am

Breakfast: fish fingers
Mid-afternoon: some snack biscuity/crisp things whose name I forget.
Mid-evening: a concoction I brought into work of rice, sliced sausage, tomato. mushroom and some sweet chilli sauce. Very nice!
Wee small hours: Fruit salad and yogurt.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » September 25th, 2018, 10:24 am

On Sunday we popped out for lunch and I had an 'open' burger with sausage gravy (the chef is from Deep South of America). That came with salad not chips so not as bad as it might have been. Dinner was aubergine and lentil chili with Hm guacamole. Yesterday I was so busy I didn't have lunch despite my salad being in a fridge in the office. Dinner was Sicilian sausage casserole. Not sure tonight. OH has drinks after work - I might suggest he picks up some takeaway noodles on the way home....
Rocky
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 25th, 2018, 2:46 pm

Today breakfast was the usual muesli and kefir

Lunch was an asparagus cuppasoup

Supper will be a homemade fish pie with cod, smoked haddock and salmon in a creamy parsley sauce and topped with creamy mashed Maris Pipers ... runner beans from the freezer will go well with that :hungry:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 25th, 2018, 6:07 pm

A mixed bag. Sunday lunch was Franco Manca pizza - not my first choice (or even my second). First choice was full.
Then scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam in that order :D )
For dinner I just had a slice of bread and baked feta (nice stuff from Borough market) with smoked rapeseed oil and italian garlic seasoning and oregano.
Yesterday I worked from home. Hum. Another scone with clotted cream, and this time black cherry jam. Dinner was paneer in a tomato, garlic, herb and smoked paprika sauce with peas. A bit studenty... but nice and very filling.
In spite of this, it was followed by bread and butter pudding with jersey cream. Two lots of cream in one day!
Lunch today was a pastry from Terroni's italian deli :?
Trying to decide what to have for dinner. Feeling very hungry but also fat.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 25th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Herb, in no way you are fat !!!!!

A few T spoons of granola with a cup o tea, then an unexpected cake and coffee at the village hall with the girls... Very late lunch ckx and avocado roll with HG toms and a few tortilla chips. Supper was the LO pasta and sauce (he had the sausage, mine had grated cheese over it) from Sunday and the end of the tiramisu. Now stuffed to the gunnels.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » September 25th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Rocky, how lovely! Sounds like everyone's had some great food recently!

What a pig I've been on holiday! Been great though, now back to reality.
Emma, we were in Portugal so yep, lovely and hot! Am loving being back in this chilly weather... NAAAAT!

Anyway, yesterday, I had a veggie sausage butty for breakfast.
A mug shot for lunch :?
Lots of bits and bats of goodies after I'd been shopping.
Tea was paprika and mint coated chicken breast with lots of roasted veg and chickpeas.

Today, I had a cereal bar and fruit salad in the morning.
Lunch was leftover chicken, veg and chickpeas.
Tea has been more chicken... In a curry with mushrooms and spinach. Served with a makeshift naan made from wholemeal pitta and a mint and cucumber raita.

Put on about 3 or 4 lbs on hols so that must come off before I dare go back to SW on Saturday. Hopefully that's not too unrealistic!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 26th, 2018, 7:17 am

Zosh I just weighed myself. I have put on about a half a stone since the beginning of August (after my holiday!) . I have been eating too many puddings. The diet starts today :( (although I really do have to finish the bread and butter pudding, so I might ease myself into it...! But Slimfast bar for lunch :( )

I am going on a shoping trip to France on Saturday though! Mind you cheese keeps.

3 or 4 lbs in 3 days is a bit unrealistic, Em!!! :D I suppose if you skip dinner for the rest of the week... or at least the night before, you might manage it. It depends on how easily you lose weight. If I could lose that much that quickly I'd be back to normal by the end of next week...
Last edited by Herbidacious on September 26th, 2018, 8:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » September 26th, 2018, 11:21 am

Herbidacious wrote:Sunday lunch was Franco Manca pizza

My Nephew loves their pizza. The Tooting one was his restaurant of choice for his birthday dinner
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » September 26th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Herbidacious wrote:3 or 4 lbs in 3 days is a bit unrealistic, Em!!! I suppose if you skip dinner for the rest of the week... or at least the night before, you might mange it. It depends on how easily you lose weight. If I could lose that much that quickly I'd be back to normal by the end of next week...

:lol: when you put it like that! Although, it's 5 days really and I'm working on the premise of 1 week to put on, 1 week to get off! I'm not that bothered to be honest, I just feel happy that I'm eating properly again after the indulgence!

Today, I had fruit, yoghurt and granola for breakfast.
Leftover curry, wholemeal pitta and raita for lunch.
Baked crisps and a timeout wafer for snacks.
Tea has been a lovely sushi bowl with mountains of "stuff"... sushi rice topped with peppers, spring onion, carrot, radish, avocado, Asian marinaded salmon, veggie dumplings and a lovely dressing. Plenty of leftovers for lunches :tu:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 26th, 2018, 8:18 pm

I suppose to put that on in a week, some of it might be er fluid and other things... :? !!!

today I had um an italian pastry p left over from yesterday. Just a little one, but doubltess very caloritifc/.

I think I had a mssmall banana.
some dried fruit and nut
a slimfast bar
dinner was embarassing but nice. Paneer in a garlicky tomato sauce, er with two hot dog susages :oops: then bread and butter pudding (nearly finished now) and cream

This was easing myself in. Will try to do better tomorrow. If I have the energy may make ribollita for dinner. I have had a really bad pain in my knee for nearly three weeks now which suddenly got worse over the weekend. It is very energy sapping on top of the usual.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 26th, 2018, 9:19 pm

3-4lbs a week was about what I was losing some weeks when doing the Lightet Life programme eating only 400 kcals a day carb and fat free ... under medical supervision. You’d have to have a fast metabolism to lose that in a week by normal means. Perhaps if breast-feeding.
Last edited by suffolk on September 27th, 2018, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 27th, 2018, 4:09 am

Feeling quite envious of everyone!
Early morning: prawn sandwich
Mid afternoon; hard boiled egg and tomato.
Late night: Nice mix of nice mince from freezer cooked with tomato etc, mashed sweet potato, various chopped veg heated in microwave at work.
Also: Banana, satsuma, yogurt.

I have lost up to half a stone in a week before now by eating mostly fruit but of course it isn't the right way to lose weight and maintain the loss. A friend with whom I was very competitive 're weight went on holiday for two weeks and I purposely lost a stone while she was away :oops: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 28th, 2018, 5:53 pm

After two days of slimfasting, my weight hasn't shifted at all. This is unremakable apart from the fact that it's exactly the same to the 0.2 of a pound. Decided to give up until Monday. I have had a horrid day at work, and am in a lot of pain. So permission to eat what I want. But I don't know what...

So far today, I have had a banana, some fruit and nuts, an Eat protein thing - conisted of about 2 dessertspoons each of roasted broccoli, houmous and quinoa with about 5 cashews. Oh and a small slice of chocolate flourless roulade (a colleague's birthday.)

Seaside and food shopping day trip to France tomorrow (We were supposed to be going to the French house tonight for a long weekend, but husband cancelled it :( / :evil: ) I intend to eat a nice pastry or dessert. I won't get a nice lunch of course...! But I will be happy enough with a snotty omelette et frites!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » September 28th, 2018, 7:31 pm

I think if your weight is going down each week then 3-4lbs is unrealistic to achieve on a healthy diet. But when you've stayed the same for a few weeks and spiked 3-4lbs in a week from holiday then I don't think it's too unreasonable to lose the majority of it in 1 week. If you try, that is. And I haven't particularly :lol: :lol: :lol: so I don't mind, a lb will do me fine.

Yesterday, for breakfast I had no added sugar granola which is very nice (which I only bought because it was RTC but still £2!! Instead of £4 :o ), yoghurt with a drop of vanilla, some strawberries and blackberries.

Lunch was leftover sushi rice, salmon, veg, dressing and dumplings.
I also had a teeny cake fo Macmillan day.
Went out for tea with my friend to a new tapas place which was nice but cold (the restaurant, not the food). The usual suspects... chorizo in red wine, patatas bravas, roasted veg, tortilla, chicken in tomato sauce, chilli and garlic prawns.
A lemsip when I got home, I felt rotten.

Terrible nights sleep ensued... this morning I had another lemsip before work and took my breakfast to work.
Granola, strawberries, blackberries and yoghurt.
A piece of chipotle coated salmon and some roasted butternut squash for lunch.
A time out wafer.
Tea has just been a SW all day breakfast.

Lemsip and bed is calling!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 28th, 2018, 8:50 pm

I think if you put that much on in a week it's probably not fat...? So you should be able to lose it? Dunno. I suspect on the rare occasions I have lost loads - half a stone - in a week, a lot has it has been fluid (and starvation usually on account of the noro virus.) Otherwise I have managed it by eating very very little. I have never put 4lbs on in a week, so I don't know how that works. Maybe you haven't really, Em and that goes back to my first point. Perhaps it's fluid?

Anyway it doesn' matter (although I may well google the mechanics of weight loss and gain just for interest!) Your food sounds lovely.

I ended up having parmesan tortellini with lot of black pepper, some lemon flake salts, butter and... more parmesan. And then I had 'raspberry soup' again. i.e. homemade raspberry syrupy stuff with meringue and squirty cream :oops: (really nice, actually. Sainburys do really good slightly chewy meringues.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » September 29th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Who knows what it was but I was 0.5lb lighter than the last official (pre-holiday) weigh in so, whatever I gained had gone at least :tu:

Today, I had a lovely brunch butty of bacon, grilled tomatoes, poached egg and avocado in a wholemeal pitta.
Lunch in town of tuna melt but I couldn't taste it so only had half.
Bits of snacks through the day... kit Kat peanut butter bites; part of a cake jar; pipers thyme and rosemary crisps (again, couldn't taste - very sad! :( )
Felt horrendous this evening so OH made us quorn nuggets and chips! Am now in bed with a Lemsip and the terrible looming feeling of how much work I have to do :cry:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 29th, 2018, 9:52 pm

For lunch today I had Le Welsh with frites. Le Welsh turned out to be more fondu with a piece of bread lurking somwhere in it's shallows.
I then had a cafe gourmande.

Hungry now but too tired to bother.

31122528938_dca71f236a_z.jpg

44276056974_c69b220929_z.jpg

Well done on the weight loss, Em! I hope you feel better soon.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 30th, 2018, 1:39 am

T + biscuits for brekkie :o

A very late lunch of Halibut (with a hollandaise and tarragon sauce) and come layered potatoes with cream and garlic. The peas were awful so did not get served. I did make up for the peas with a slice of chocolate cake !!!!!

A glass of lime and soda for supper.......had a sleepy evening so now wide awake. :shock: :shock:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 30th, 2018, 6:03 am

After a rather predictable week eating the things I usually grab or concoct for night shift, yesterday, having been shopping when hungry, I had date and walnut cake and then later an oven cooked ready made Lasagne eaten in front of the TV - which was delicious.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 30th, 2018, 6:56 am

Thursdays supper was a really good prawn and lentil curry made by OH (he’s really getting very good)
Fridays supper was a delicious Shakshuka
Yesterday’s lunch was sliced ox tongue in a whole meal roll with plenty of English mustard.
We had a vegan buffet at DS’s new workplace in the evening and a big bowl of minestrone when wd arrived home around 11pm.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » September 30th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Nice sounding food everyone!

We’ve been on the Isle of Wight staying in the most wonderful spot in Bonchurch right on the beach. We did a mixture of eating out and taking it in turns to cook as a group. On our night we cooked brill with tiger prawns and garlic butter with potatoes and salad.

We’ve been to our local monthly market today and have shared an oversized mozzarella and pancetta arancini for lunch.

We’re currently cooking a slow cooked lamb ragu to go with gnocchi in a parmesan butter and will top it with micro herbs and a drizzle of basil oil.

We’re also making roast garlic, cauliflower and saffron soup for lunches tomorrow. It involves vast quantities of cream and garlic and smells amazing :chops:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 30th, 2018, 6:27 pm

The soup sounds amazing, omco. You are in the right place for garlic!

edited: apologies omco. Don't know why I thought you were Suffs! I'd be itnerested in the soup recipe or a pointer in it's direction if it exists...

I received an order form the Garlic Farm the other week. The black garlic mayo is lovely (my main order was garlic to grow.) I am just sorry it arrived on a Friday when I wasn't in, as the order conatined smoked garlic butter, which I felt obliged to ghrow away when I came back on the Tuesday. Sigh. I'd love to visit their shop.
Last edited by Herbidacious on October 1st, 2018, 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » September 30th, 2018, 8:07 pm

pain au chocolat, toast and beurre moule, a tiny but delicious raspberry mousse
Very (smoked) garlicky mushroom broth with emmental.
4 mini cream cakes from this:

44967511812_0820a56a43_z.jpg
Last edited by Herbidacious on October 1st, 2018, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 30th, 2018, 10:25 pm

Wow Herbi!! :chops: :chops: (and OMCO, those garlic laden dishes sound wonderful).

Breakfast: Toasted multigrain muffin with butter & marmalade
Lunch: (pub) Roast chicken with assorted veg, roast potatoes & a Yorkshire pudding
Supper: Baxters soup and a toasted muffin. Banana
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 1st, 2018, 7:06 am

I wish we could buy these mini cream 'cake' assortments in England. They are missing a trick. Probably a good thing you can't though... thing is I will have to eat them all up myself :shock:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 1st, 2018, 7:30 am

Yesterday’s breakfast was a dippy egg and whole meal toastie soldiers.

Lunch was a Cromer crab salad.

Supper was lamb loin chops with roasted potatoes, Yorkshire puds, buttered carrots and spring cabbage with gravy and homemade mint jelly :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 1st, 2018, 7:57 am

Today will be the 4th day since Friday that I have eaten out :oops:

Friday was at one of our better Thai restaurants with my young neighbour … we had a set meal for 2 at £21 each and a large glass of wine - all delicious.

Saturday's supper was taken at a very good Italian place near Pinewood studios after a friend and I had seen The Children Act (Brilliant film :tu:) … The restaurant was actually fully booked, so the only table we could get was sitting outside on their terrace … needless to say at 7.30 in the evening we were the only ones, however the food was speedily delivered (Mine was mixed seafood pasta dish - again delicious :hungry: ) and we had come prepared wearing boots and an extra layer.

Yesterday was a buffet lunch at the newly opened Nepalese restaurant close to Denham station … again, delicious food - we arrived for opening at 1 pm and by the time we left at 2pm the place was packed. Choices of 2 lamb dishes, 2 chicken dishes, dahl, a chick pea dish, rice with peas, a most delicious veg dish of peas with fenugreek and their special Monk Magic salad - mainly battered cauliflower in a sweet sauce sprinkled with sesame seeds. Of course the usual accompaniments too .

Today I am meeting up with an online friend at a pub that is mutually accessible to us both . I am supporting her through her journey having most of her innards removed including everything 'at the back' and ending up with a colostomy. She is terrified and so I hope I can reassure her that there is life after a stoma :tu: The Pub is part of the Vintage Inns chain, so I am not expecting anything great, but could be pleasantly surprised !
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 1st, 2018, 9:10 am

All sounding good Pat. I'm sure your friend really appreciates your support. There is nothing as good as a "Been there , done that and is living a good, positive life" friend

Our lunch yesterday went well. I made Smoked eel on rye bread and horseradish cream with a balsamic beetroot salad garnish.
Main was duck confit with sarladaise potatoes and sauteed ceps
Cheese and then Bakewell tart and clotted cream - brought from UK and frozen!

Last night I was really tired and my hand was sore so we had a few dim-sum from the freezer c/o Picard.

I'm just about to go dwon and make the first onion soup of the seeaon to use up the baguette we hade yesterday.

Tonight I have a small beef roast so, according to Mr R YPs are essential. I cook some baby spuds around the meat and do some braised endives and a wild mushroom/ gravy
If I managed to hide the rest of the tart that will be afters.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 1st, 2018, 10:33 am

What a kind lady you are Patsy. I'm sure your friend will find her journey much easier with your support and example before her. I hope you enjoy your lunch meet. :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 1st, 2018, 2:45 pm

I too hope Patsy and friend have had a lovely lunch :hug: :tu:

Breakfast today didn't happen as I got up a bit late then went to Boots for my jab. Lunch was a bowl of the latest batch of minestrone (the one with Swiss chard in it) ... yummity yum yum.

Supper tonight will be 'breakfast' ... a Guilty Pleasure in this house ... bacon, sausage, mushrooms, kidney, fried eggs and 'gourmet' oven chips (the ones cooked in beef dripping). We may or may not have baked beans or sweet corn or tomatoes ....
Normally we'd have black pudding but none was available, so OH will have more sausage and I'll have lots of kidney :hungry:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 1st, 2018, 8:18 pm

Breakfast: Toasted Brioche roll with marmalade.
Lunch: Didn't really happen as I was busy.
Supper: (GD & DIL were here) Chicken with roasted veg & mashed potato. Fruit and shortbread.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 2nd, 2018, 9:49 am

I hope you had a nice meal with your friend Patsy!

Yesterday I had too much cake in the afternoon. One of my best friends is an amazing baker. Yesterday it was just a heart shaped pimped Victoria sponge essentially but somehow she elevates it to something very special. Her homemade jam probably helps!

Dinner was Cajun pork skewers with lots of lime, avocado and veggie rice. It was a little on the spicy side but still very nice.

Bacon and maple pancakes for breakfast. Lunch will be the last of the creamy soup that OH made on Sunday.

Dinner will be a mixed tomato tart with basil, olives and feta with a green salad on the side. There is some cheese and membrillo for dessert.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 2nd, 2018, 10:07 am

Herbidacious wrote:The soup sounds amazing, omco. You are in the right place for garlic!

edited: apologies omco. Don't know why I thought you were Suffs! I'd be itnerested in the soup recipe or a pointer in it's direction if it exists...

I received an order form the Garlic Farm the other week. The black garlic mayo is lovely (my main order was garlic to grow.) I am just sorry it arrived on a Friday when I wasn't in, as the order conatined smoked garlic butter, which I felt obliged to ghrow away when I came back on the Tuesday. Sigh. I'd love to visit their shop.

Sorry herbi I I’ve only just spotted this. What a bummer regarding the butter! The shop is wonderful. It’s undergone a massive refurb since we were there last and now has tasting rooms, restaurant and bar etc.

I didn’t know this until recently but black garlic freezes really well. Whenever we see any now I buy lots and separate the cloves before freezing.

The soup was taken from the Garlic Feast book by Janice Sutton. Are we allowed to post photos of cook book pages if we reference the author?

If not the ingredients were as follows (serves 6):
2 heads roasted garlic
30ml oil
1litre stock
500ml double cream
500ml milk
5 bay leaves
Pinch nutmeg
Large pinch saffron
S&p

We added the roast cauliflower part ourselves to add extra bulk...pre roasted it and then whizzed it in the stock with the roasted garlic before adding the other ingredients to finish it off. The photo shows the soup garnished with extra roast garlic cloves, a few extra saffron threads, some snipped chives and a drizzle of oil.

Just managed to find photo online but no recipe!
https://www.entropmedia.com/garlicfeast/
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=garli ... uLAAV93b6M:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 2nd, 2018, 8:40 pm

Sunday, I had porridge with apple and blackberries before going into work. I felt terribly guilty as I missed going to the zoo with Leo but I was absolutely full of a cold so convinced myself I would've been the miserable mum anyway.
I took lunch with me of chipotle salmon fillet and salad with a bit roasted squash.
Out for tea for grandma's birthday (and Leo was back from the zoo in time for that so that was good!) And I had "Lancashire benedict" to start which was a crumpet topped with black pudding, poached egg, hollandaise and crisp pancetta. Main was soy marinated pork tenderloin with stir fried veg, noodles and crispy herbs and cabbage on top. Lovely.

Yesterday, I struggled all day at work but still ate most of everything...
Yoghurt, fruit and granola for breakfast
Jacket, beans and salad for lunch
Tea was a very large bowl of linguine carbonara which was a bit cheaty as it used half egg yolks and half cream cheese but it was lovely.

Today, I set off to work after a monumental effort to even get out of the house and got half way to decide I was too ill, physically sick from a coughing fit and just feeling rotten. I turned around and went home.
Had 2 soft boiled eggs, mashed with salt, pepper and butter on granary toast.
3 random slices of roast beef in the afternoon.
Very late tea but a substantial one... peri peri chicken, grilled halloumi, spicy rice, chips, guacamole and corn sliced off the cob. Was a bit of an effort all in all but pretty nice.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 3rd, 2018, 6:23 am

Yesterday’s lunch was the last of the latest batch of minestrone.

For supper, to counteract the previous day’s meat-fest, we had spaghetti carbonara :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 3rd, 2018, 12:08 pm

Lunch was grilled goat's cheese and beetroot with some lambs lettuce salad.

Supper is to be a cottage pie to use the rest of Monday's beef roast aith braised endives. Afters depends on how I feel later. It was going to be French-style rice pudding but I've just realised that I am out of pudding rice.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 3rd, 2018, 1:49 pm

Lunch was some cold roast chicken with rocket, seeded crackers and coleslaw. Plus a plum.

We have a large quantity of dried and fresh mixed mushrooms so they will form the basis of dinner. OH is due back from London late ish so it'll be something quick and easy. They'll probably be cooked with white wine, cream, garlic, s&p, parmesan and thyme and either stirred through hot pasta or piled on top of thick toast. I think we have a few shallots which will be added in the mix too.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 4th, 2018, 8:35 am

Lunch will be something from one of the restaurants and coffee shops in the courtyard downstairs. I want to finish the book i'm reading so I might find a cosy spot somewhere.

Dinner will be duck massaman curry with rice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 4th, 2018, 8:40 am

Yesterday was porridge and banana for breakfast. A lovely plate of mixed salads and half a large shortbread for lunch with a friend. Pate and toast and very small portion of leftover sort of chicken cottage pie for supper.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » October 4th, 2018, 9:56 am

Can't remember when I lastbupdated :oops:

Last weekend our eating was largely last minute panic and having to buy stuff from the corner shop style - I am still so crazily busy that I am a dreadful 'homemaker' at the mo. Sunday though I managed to find a bit of mental space to think about it and we had a bits meal of crab and avocado salad, gazpacho (made by OH), hummus with crudités and roasted cherry toms sprinkled with feta :chops:

Monday I had a quick drink with a friend and ended getting home late so just had some brocoli. Tuesday we had a portion of aubergine chili from the freezer with a bit of HM guacamole. Last night was lovely. We had some friends over. She is Italian and a great cook and she made caponata. So we had that with pounded breaded veal steaks, cherry toms and tiny roasted spuds. OH is off on a business trip today for two weeks :( . I am going as far as San juan with him tonight as need to go to the optician tomorrow so have booked a table at a fantastic Latin Asian place that does small plates.
Rocky
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 4th, 2018, 10:04 am

Just a quickie as so many of you mentioned my lunch on Monday with my new (online) friend. Jo is 45 and also has Crohn's … however she is a contradiction of how she is coping. For instance she is having counselling and sees a Chinese herbalist. But she has lots of sugar, smokes (although vaping now) and chose gammon egg and chips for her lunch. :? :? I am not familiar with a specialist crohn's diet, but her choice was at least low fibre. I had chicken ceasar salad by the way ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 4th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Enjoy San Juan Rocky!

Today: Toast & marmalade for breakfast
Lunch: a roll filled with sausages from the farm owned by the same owners as the farm shop cafe we were in :chops: - and some mustard.
Supper: A Cauliflower Cheese pie I couldn't resist buying on a rare visit to Aldi yesterday. It was very nice - I had some broccoli too and then grapes and half a banana which has been lurking in the fridge for the past two days.

I really must get back to a more sensible diet :oops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 5th, 2018, 5:56 am

Wednesday was muesli and kefir for breakfast, goats cheese and courgette and green tomato chutney sandwich for lunch and moussaka for supper.

Yesterday was the usual breakfast, a scotch egg from the market for lunch and the rest of the moussaka for supper.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop