What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 22nd, 2018, 7:19 pm

Now craving Barnsley chops!

Breakfast was fruit and cereal after.

I did a birthday lunch for my mum, with my sister and the children. We had a small cooked marmalade ham, cut into thick slices. Good cheddar, various chutneys, coleslaw, spiced pepper jelly, tomatoes and crudités, bread rolls, salad etc. Then we had a lemon drizzle cake and a raspberry Victoria sponge. Ooof.

Dinner this evening was fillet steak with sautéed potatoes and green beans. We made a sauce using porcini and portobello mushrooms, beef stock, Dijon mustard, thyme, flambéd brandy and double cream. Ooof again.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 22nd, 2018, 9:17 pm

Ooooh everyone's having lovely sounding food!

Fairly boring today... cereal bars and coffee today.
Lunch was leftover risotto.
A lovely veggie chilli tonight with rice and guacamole.

Am debating an early (for me) night... but should get some food ready for tomorrow really.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 22nd, 2018, 11:31 pm

Brunch: egg & rice
Supper: Toad in the Hole with half a mug of soup made from leftover veg stew. Quark with banana, apple & satsuma.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 23rd, 2018, 6:42 am

On a freezer emptying mission so last night OH had salmon and noodles with spinach ... I had a piece of rib eye with spinach and leftover dauphinoise. I've taken a container of shin of beef casserole out of the freezer for tonight.
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 24th, 2018, 9:46 am

Oh and now i'm craving toad in the hole! Damn this thread!

Breakfast this morning was cereal and a plum.

Lunch will be seeded crackers with smoked salmon, a few prawns, cream cheese and a handful of mixed leaves with a lemony dressing. Or leftover chilli from last night on a jacket potato. I'll see whether I feel like I need warm food.

Dinner will be a mid week roast...chicken stuffed with garlic, thyme and lemon with roast potatoes and shallots, broccoli and savoy cabbage.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 24th, 2018, 10:12 am

Actually, I cheated with the Toad in the Hole. I rarely make it as it's hard to make for one without leftovers (which of course I like but don't want). I was in a hurry and picked up a Sainsburys frozen one as a treat to go with my soup. Not quite like home made but I really enjoyed it!

Yesterday (with GD)
Breakfast - none
Lunch - home made root veg soup with little rolls and cheese. Fruit.
Tea/supper: salmon, broccoli, carrots, potato 'faces. Fruit and Smarties.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 24th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Lunch was pear and blue cheese toasties on linseed bread and a faiselle with raspberries afterwards.

Supper is to be bouding noir - black pudding. With apples rings, crispy onion mash and savoy cabbage. AFrench style rice pudding has been requested.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 24th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Breakfast - Quark & fruit
Lunch: remains of yesterday's soup with 2 mini rolls
Supper: cheese omelette, rice and some leftover broccoli & carrots from yesterday.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 25th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Poached egg and a piece of sourdough toast for breakfast.

Lunch was some grilled veg - courgette, peppers, aubergine - with halloumi and some toasted pine nuts. Plus a mild chilli dressing.

Dinner will be Booths asparagus and mozzarella ravioli. We’ve not tried them before. I’m thinking of serving them with a tarragon and garlic butter sauce, with some spinach, peas and wild mushrooms added. Some fresh parmesan definitely.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 26th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Bit of a boring/rubbish eating week really round here. Generally fruit and/or cereal bar for breakfast.

Tuesday, I had veggie chilli for lunch.
Tea was breaded chicken, chips, bbq beans and chicken gravy... fakeaway style.

Weds I ate very little of my lunch of chicken with roasted veg.
We went out for tea at night to a Thai place and shared a mixed starter and then I had a beautiful noodle soup with dumplings and bbq pork (doesn't sound very Thai but it tasted it!)

Thursday, same lunch and same again, didn't eat much. Not sure why really, I did feel very stressed though and couldn't be bothered with it.
Tea was another noodle soup but homemade and with veg dumplings.

Today, I had a tuna melt and some lentil soup for lunch and an apple
Late tea has just been a ham, mushroom and tomato omelette.

Very boring!!

Emma, what was the ravioli like? I don't know what I think about asparagus inside pasta like that..
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 26th, 2018, 9:24 pm

I think the ravioli sounds nice but wonder if the mixture was flavoured with something else too (herbs or something).

Yesterday with GD:
Breakfast: none
Lunch: a lovely salad of rice, chickpeas, leaves, tzaki (sp?) and falafel in Waitrose cafe.
Later: 2 fish fingers and a lot of mini jaffa cakes :oops:.

Today:
Breakfast: none as it was SW day (same weight as last time a couple of weeks ago which was good as I had put on some inbetween!)
Lunch: Some 'Higgledy' cheese tart from the rtc section in Asda. Apple.
Tonight at work: roast butternut squash
filled with the filling from the rest of the tart (I know it's a bit odd but it needed eating and saves me eating too much pastry- the birds benefited). I'll be heating it up in a minute.
Mini chocolate biscuits and I have fruit if I get peckish before the morning.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 27th, 2018, 9:11 am

Lost track again ... I can remember the suppers ...

Wednesday we had a macaroni cheese with leeks and gammon added

Thursday OH had the leftover mac cheese and I had a sort of Pasta puttanesca with the addition of courgettes and tomatoes from the freezer.

Yesterday we had home made pasties (see What've you baked today?) they were very good if I say so myself :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 27th, 2018, 9:30 pm

I think I would have liked to have eaten chez Suffs this week :lol:

Today - oatcakes & hummus when I got up at midday (the hummus was an rtc item bought yesterday)
Coffee and a couple of chocolate thins mid-afternoon
Pizza for supper and a banana.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 28th, 2018, 8:58 am

EM :lol: you'd have been very welcome :hug: ... but I'm not sure if the leftovers would've stretched that far ... the Washer Up had nibbled them :o :lol:

Yesterday's supper was baked cod fillets in batter (frozen W'rose own) with green beans and creamy mashed Maris Pipers :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 28th, 2018, 10:08 am

Yesterday I ended up having pizza for lunch.

Dinner was sage and butternut squash risotto pie, with a touch of chilli and lots of cheese, from Jamie's Italy book.
And then... cherry pie with creme anglais (bought in France when I went on my day trip - needed using up.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 28th, 2018, 12:05 pm

Yesterday, for breakfast, I had a cereal bar and a soreen bar I think :?
Lunch was a chip butty :?
Tea was steak and veg stir fried with rice, pre-night out.
A few drinks out and some chips ofnthe way home
:oops: ok, I know, shocking day!

Today, I've just made shakshuka and had that with a potato waffle and veggie sausages!

Must go shopping today and make sure there's plenty of decent, healthy food in the house!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 28th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Yesterday we had avocado and bacon toasts for lunch and for suooer chicken liver courgerre and salad followed by papaya with lime and hm sable biscuits for supper.

We had friends to lunch today and served;
Chicken liver parfait with HM melba toast and a mixed leaf salad
Greek style pork with quince stew with three grain rice and some stewed baby aubergines with dried tomatoes.
Cheese
Le Porat - pear tart in a walnut and cinnamon pastry with Isigny cream in the hole in the centre - one of my absolute favourite autumn desserts.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 28th, 2018, 8:05 pm

mezze for lunch - feta and mint boreki with cacik, imam bayildi, falafel with houmous, halloumi skewers, kisir.
Will be having left over risotto 'pie' for dinner.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 28th, 2018, 11:01 pm

Risotto pie does sound intriguing! I have had to look online at others (don't think Jamie's is available there).

Breakfast: Egg & rice
Lunch: HM veg soup with cheese
Supper: Fish cake, sauteed spinach & beansprouts & small jacket potato. Quark & banana
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 29th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Yesterday we had pasties for a picnic lunch, parked up by the Martello Tower at Aldeburgh

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ho ... 26316.html

Supper was a quick Toad in the Hole and baked beans.

Today was the last of the pasties for lunch and supper was Omelette Arnold Bennett with buttered spinach :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 29th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Yum!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 30th, 2018, 7:50 am

yesterday: a banana, some dried fruit and nuts, pea and mint soup, some sort of oaty bar thing, baked sage, butternut squash and chipotle risotto, cherry pie and cream.

Earthmaiden I think in a sense one doesn't need much of a recipe. You just need some fairly stiff risotto of whatever flavour you fancy, some melty cheese and some breadcrumbs. Essentially, line a dish with oiled greaseproof (he tells you to wet it and scrunch it up athen flatten out again first. Not sure how important this is.) Cover with a finish layer of fresh breadcrumbs, then a layer of risotto, then cheese (I used comte, mozarella and parmesan) then another layer of bread crumbs. Bake. Jamie says at 200 C in the bottom of the oven for an hour.

I would have roasted the BNS rather than do it on the hob. I went of piste a little: no wine in the risotto, and I added sage. In the pie, I used chipotle flakes rather than chilli and more sage rather than rosemary. I used more cheese both in the risotto and in the 'pie' than he suggested... :oops:
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 1st, 2018, 8:50 am

EmWilk wrote:Emma, what was the ravioli like? I don't know what I think about asparagus inside pasta like that..

Sorry for the delay! It was really good actually. The asparagus 'mousse/puree'(?) flavour really came through - they were definitely a cut above the usual supermarket filled pasta.

Lots of nice food recently...I can't remember it all but we had a memorable barge trip on Monday evening which a group of us hired as a halloween trip. A local company decorated the barges and some of the residents of houses along the canal were offering treats from their jetties :D The local mayor and other volunteers were dressed up as ghosts and ghouls along the canal too ready to jump out at us. They supplied vast quantities of sweets and hot chocolate but I also made parkin and some of the Dad's snuck on flasks of whisky and brandy to add to the hot chocolate :D

On Sunday we had brunch out and I had fantastic smashed hash browns with homemade baked beans, baked egg, spinach and bacon, topped with a little melted cheese and some micro herbs of some description.

Last night we had lamb hotpot. Lucky OH took the leftovers to work, aren't they always better the next day?!

Breakfast this morning is about to be scrambled eggs with smoked salmon with half a toasted bagel.

Lunch will be something light as I have a pregnancy massage afterwards. Possibly some roast beef and piccalilli with some salad.

Dinner will be smoked haddock fillets baked with a spinach and cheese sauce. With green beans probably. We've had potato and kale 'cakes' a lot recently which i'm loving so I might make us one of those each to go with it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 1st, 2018, 9:38 am

The last of the chicken was made into a chicken and aubergine Madras last night and I made 2 fresh raitas. . rice and several chutneys. Afterwards we had a chilli mango hedgehog.

Golden soup today for lunch with the chicken stock. It has sweede red lentils, carrots and sweet potatoe and a small can of sweetcorn.
Tonight is to be veal Milanaise with broccoli puree followed by cheese and grapes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » November 1st, 2018, 11:54 pm

:oops:
Ratatouille wrote:The last of the chicken was made into a chicken and aubergine Madras last night and I made 2 fresh raitas. . rice and several chutneys. Afterwards we had a chilli mango hedgehog.

Golden soup today for lunch with the chicken stock. It has sweede red lentils, carrots and sweet potatoe and a small can of sweetcorn.
Tonight is to be veal Milanaise with broccoli puree followed by cheese and grapes

Yum, people would pay good money to come and eat with you
Catherine
Registered

Postby icelesley » November 2nd, 2018, 9:55 am

Breakfast: special K nourish with blueberries,blackberries raspberries and redcurrants and a banana sliced on top. ( I bought this to try, it is so sweet I will not be having it again.)

Lunch: Ham salad sandwich thin

dinner: linguine all'amatriciana (The sauce is made from my own home grown tomatoes) followed by tirimisu
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 3rd, 2018, 6:04 pm

Tonight ... chicken biryani ... yummity yum yum :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 5th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Fruit and cereal for breakfast.

A cheese string after swimming and Indian spiced sweet potato soup for lunch.

We had a little bbq this evening with sparklers, sausages and jacket potatoes. Then we cuddled up under blankets to watch the fireworks from a local display in the distance. For dessert I made an old easy favourite of hot jam doughnut French toast sandwiches with Haagen Daaz ice cream.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 5th, 2018, 8:50 pm

What a wicked pud!

My diet for the past week has been unprintable. Quick fixes for a few days and then firework night hot dogs. Back to some normality tonight. I picked up a tray of Boeuf Bourguinon in the rtc section of the Coop for a very cheap price. Just right for night shift supper later. Tonight we seem to have a surplus of sweets and biscuits that people have brought in. I am trying to resist.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 6th, 2018, 7:59 pm

My diet has been bad and not even enjoyable of late, but I had a nice dinner tonight - aubergine and parmesan stuffed pasta with smoked butter, lots of black pepper and greated fresh parmesan.

I am going to be fed tomorrow, I think... going to a book awards. The Food I co-wrote book is up for one. So, that should be interesting!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 6th, 2018, 10:46 pm

I picked up couscous salad as well as Beef Bourguinon in the rtc section yesterday. The beef was supposed to serve one but there was a very generous amount so I decanted half into a bowl with half the couscous last night which worked very well (much better than I'd expected). Tonight I had the rest with broccoli and spinach and it was absolutely delicious. I think that good ready made dishes are great for meals for one when you don't want a lot left to freeze and as this was reduced, each meal was under £1.
I made Parkin at the weekend for the firework party but it went wrong so I kept it and have been having a small amount for breakfast (well, it does contain oatmeal!).
Fresh fruit the rest of the day/night.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 7th, 2018, 10:39 am

Last night we had chicken parmiagana with garlic potatoes, green beans and tenderstem broccoli.

Tonight we're making pizzas topped with mozzarella, sausage meatballs, basil, passata and mushrooms. We'll make a salad to go with those.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » November 9th, 2018, 4:12 pm

Hello everyone - it's been ages! Crazy busy at work with loads of visitors. Some lovely sounding food! My eating hasn't been amazing to say the least. I got back from holiday and the gas to the cooker had been turned off. I managed to get it so that the hob will light but not the oven - so eating has been a bit boring! That said - last Sunday went to some friends for dinner and had amazing steak, salmon and an Asian salad :chops: Monday I can't remember so probably veg. I had to take visitors out on Tuesday and had crab cakes with a side of veg. Wednesday was a 6:30 work breakfast and had some lovely fruit. No lunch and then a work dinner. Started with a cold soup, then a salad, then snapper with some nice veg. Yesterday I missed lunch again. Was at a drinks do where there were awful looking canapes so a group of us went for food afterwards and I shared a burger with someone. Another work breakfast this morning - had fruit, then scrambled egg and bacon. team lunch will be roti so dinner will probably be small - maybe some fish. OH comes back tomorrow - I have spent 4 days with him since 4 October so v :bounce: to see him.

Happy Friday!
Rocky
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 9th, 2018, 4:33 pm

Rocky, in the midst of all the turmoil you have the best meals! I think the availability of interesting fish makes it sound quite exotic.

Not much improvement here :oops:. On Wednesday to take to work I made a big salad and added chopped up leftover chipolatas and noodles dressed with a mix of soy sauce and oil, peanut butter powder and a dash of sweet chilli sauce. It was delicious. Overnight last night we had one of our infamous Costco buffets so that was a dietary disaster but nice. Pizza, ribs, crisps, fruit and later on some cake. They also got a jar of peanut butter filled pretzels the size and shape of those sort of fat, square humbugs you used to be able to get. They were rather moreish to say the least! Trying to steer towards mainly fruit & veg for the next few days.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » November 14th, 2018, 10:14 am

Lovely to have OH back. He was shattered on Saturday night so we got a pizza. On Sunday we had fish tacos for lunch and minute steaks on capellini in a tomato sauce for dinner. We managed to skip dinner somehow on Monday as so late back from work and last night was burnt aubergine chilli.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 14th, 2018, 10:39 am

I bet you're so pleased he's back Rocky!

We ate out a lot over the weekend but I can't really remember what I had. The weeks are whizzing by so fast at the moment that it's a bit of a blur! I know I made tarte tatin one night which was delicious.

On Monday we had toad in the hole with roasted red onion wedges and thyme in the batter. With onion gravy, mustard, carrots and savoy cabbage on the side.

Lunch yesterday was a cold noodle salad with grilled chicken, lots of crunchy veg and a sugar/lime/chilli/soy/sesame oil/peanut/coriander etc dressing.

Dinner last night was duck massaman curry with some rice and green beans on the side.

Tonight we're having a beef and ale casserole type dish. It'll be packed with loads of veg and I might add some pearl barley. Plus cheddar dumplings on top as requested by OH and daughter.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 14th, 2018, 11:31 am

Saturday - very junky lunch out - nachos with veggie chilli, followed by sticky toffee pudding.
Dinner was a green Thai curry I made with fermented tofu, green beans and mushrooms.
Sunday we had a roast dinner in a pub. Glamorgan sausages with pureed roast carrots, garlicky kale, roast potatoes and parsnips. Quite nice but a lot of food even after donating my Yorkshire pudding to OH. I was too full to eat anything else at all that day.
Monday was potato rosti with smoked vegetarian hot dogs and smoked cheddar.
Last night I made a mushroom cheese and smoked garlic omelette, with smoked paprika and sage - bit of a using things up meal. The cheese was Swedish - from Ocado. I cooked the mushrooms in a mixture of smoked butter and smoked rapeseed oil. in spite of all the smoked stuff, the result was not really very smoky at all, but it was tasty.

Going out for a Vietnamese lunch with colleagues in an hour.
It might be an Amn's Kitchen storecupboard standby veggie chilli night tonight as I won't want to cook.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 14th, 2018, 11:33 am

Saturday - very junky lunch out - nachos with veggie chilli, followed by sticky toffee pudding.
Dinner was a green Thai curry I made with fermented tofu, green beans and mushrooms.
Sunday we had a roast dinner in a pub. Glamorgan sausages with pureed roast carrots, garlicky kale, roast potatoes and parsnips. Quite nice but a lot of food even after donating my Yorkshire pudding to OH. I was too full to eat anything else at all that day.
Monday was potato rosti with smoked vegetarian hot dogs and smoked cheddar. Peas on the side :)
Last night I made a mushroom cheese and smoked garlic omelette, with smoked paprika and sage - bit of a using things up meal. The cheese was Swedish - from Ocado. I cooked the mushrooms in a mixture of smoked butter and smoked rapeseed oil. in spite of all the smoked stuff, the result was not really very smoky at all, but it was tasty.

Going out for a Vietnamese lunch with colleagues in an hour.
It might be an Amn's Kitchen storecupboard standby veggie chilli night tonight as I won't want to cook.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 14th, 2018, 11:44 am

Deep envy looking at all the meals!

I visited Iceland at the weekend and picked up a frozen ready to cook chicken roll thing which was on offer. I felt like holding a ceremony for the poor chicken who must have had the worst kind of life and then been ruined further for consumption. MIL used to sometimes buy those and although not wonderful, they were edible, especially cold. I have been disguising it in highly flavoured stir fries, there is only a little bit left which may yet go out as a treat for a passing fox. Other meals have been things on toast, fruit in yogurt and crackers with cheese.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 14th, 2018, 1:13 pm

I probably have to go back to Sunday to explain what we have eaten this week.

Sunday was a pork roast with hm sage and onion and baby potatoes and parsnips cooked around it and sprouts. A very naughty steamed syrup sponge and custard after.
Supper was just a pork and stuffing sandwich followed by cheese and grapes.

Monday we had sardines on toast, my way ie on good bread and garnished with cherry tomatoes lemon wedges spring onion and cucumber with lots of parsely and a dash of tabasco. Mr R's favourite lunch.

Supper was a pie made with some of the pork, minced and the gravy, stuffing and an apple sotened in butter.. Served with the rest of the sprouts shredded and cooked with a little bacon and pommes rissolees.
One of us finished the sponge the other had the custard with a sliced banana!

Yesterday we ate the rest of the pie with salad and chutney followed by pears and clementines.

Supper was the last of the pork made into meat balls and served with hmsweet and sour sauce with lots of veg and egg fried rice, Faiselle and what must be the last raspberries of the season.

Lunch today was unexpected. Wild mushrooms, brought by a neighbour gently cooked in olive oil and garlic and with added parsely serve on crusty bread croutes cooked in the rest of the oil. They were gorgeous. All we could then manage was an espresso and a square of daark chocolate.

Meanwhile, in a slow oven I am cooking beef mince in the old fashioned way but with the addition of some red wine and lots of herbs. I'll top it with herb dumplings and carrot and parsnip sticks and a swede puree with it.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 14th, 2018, 6:15 pm

Typed and lost it.....

Broccoli (stalk) & fish ball satay for supper for me tonight.....

This http://www.purplekale.com/2013/04/other ... m-pickles/ will be constructed tomorrow together with Mamtas broccoli recipe we love so much - eaten hot and cool/cold
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Rocky » November 15th, 2018, 8:41 am

I officially want to go and live with Rats!

Yesterday was roti for lunch. We were out for dinner and shared a pad Thai and a seared tuna salad that had the most amazing dressing. We are off to another island for the weekend with a big group tomorrow (11 adults, 5 kids) and will have a barbecue on Saturday so tonight will be prepping. Might see if OH fancies steak and salad - a treat but easy!
Rocky
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 15th, 2018, 8:50 am

I agree Rocky - although your seared tuna salad is the winner for me. Tuna has got so expensive here it is a huge treat.

I had fruit for breakfast, the last of the awful chicken in a salad sandwich for lunch, cake whilst out visiting and a Lasagne ready meal followed by fruit later. One day I will get home earlier to cook something better :oops:. I only had the ready meal because I wanted one the other day but it was cheaper to buy two.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 15th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Fruit salad for breakfast and a cheese, ham and red pepper breakfast muffin.

Lunch was some mushroom duxelle filled pasta with a truffle sage butter sauce, wild mushrooms and pecorino. Very nice although we might have been slightly heavy handed with the truffle flavour and my pregnancy heartburn is not thanking me now!

I'm eating out at a friends house tonight, I think it's a take away and fizz/cocktails (or mocktails for me).
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » November 20th, 2018, 1:13 am

Goodness me, what a long time since I last updated! Life has been busy, food has been boring and the three of us have been full of rotten colds so I thought I'd spare you all the whinges!

Hope everyone is ok. Emma, hope the pregnancy is treating you well! Do you have long to go?

On a positive note, I finally achieved my target weight on Saturday so since then you'd think I'd been doing everything in my power to pile it all back on again!

Saturday I had McDonald's breakfast.
Tea was crispy gnocchi which was subsequently "un-crisped" :lol: by stirring it back through a sauce of chorizo, peppers, courgette, onions, passata and cream cheese. Followed by a cherry and cream filled chocolate muffin... my favourite trashy treat from the Morrisons bakery which I've not had for so long!

Sunday, out for breakfast and I had avocado, poached egg, mushroom and tomato on toast with hash browns.
A few too many pop chips in the day.
Tea was mozzarella burger with more melted cheese on a wholemeal English muffin, tomato, onion, avocado and salad with chips/wedges.

A bit more normal today... veggie sausage sandwich for breakfast.
Lunch was veggie sushi and crisps.
Tea has been a mountain of vegetable egg fried rice with veg dumplings.
Oooh, an unintentional veggie day. As was Sunday actually. We're due a trip to the butchers!

I'll try and keep upto date now!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby missmancs » November 20th, 2018, 10:11 am

Hi everyone,
EMW it's been even longer since I updated!
This week we have been eating off the meal plan....only Tuesday I know, but small victories :D
Yesterday was fruit on the way to work before homemade falafel and salad for lunch before slow cooked Chilli for tea.
Today has been fruit again and a sandwich picked up in town on my lunch whilst shopping for the last bits for DD's 5th birthday tomorrow.
Jane
x
missmancs
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 20th, 2018, 10:16 am

Congrats em!!!!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » November 21st, 2018, 10:37 am

Well done Em. That’s amazing!

Had AMAZING weekend away. Ten adults and five kids - I’ll try to upload a photo of the beach we had to ourselves. We arrived on Friday evening and went to a v cool tapas / bits type place on the beach and shared jerk chicken wonton, shrimp lettuce wraps, edamame, pork belly and various sushi - and lots of :cocktail: . On Saturday morning we all had breakfast together of sausage, bacon, toms, mushroooms etc and then spent the day on the beach. We had stuff for a barbecue and decided to try and do it on the beach - great fun but meant the food wasn’t the star as ther was a reasonable amount of char and sand involved :lol: But we had fish and bacon kebabs, ribs, pork tenderloin and various lovely salads. Breakfast on Sunday was smoked salmon and scrambled egg. Lunch was at another island on the way back and I had a chicken Caesar salad. So shattered didn’t have dinner. Monday OH fancied a pizza bizarrely so he had that and I had roasted cauliflower with pesto. Last night we had aubergine chili from the freezer. No idea yet for this evening....
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 21st, 2018, 10:57 am

Morning! Lovely sounding food :chops:

Happy birthday to your DD Jane and congrats on reaching your target Emma!

EmWilk wrote:Emma, hope the pregnancy is treating you well! Do you have long to go?
I'm ok thanks - i've got about another 7 weeks yet. I've been measuring at the 25th percentile all along but then had an off the charts measurement last week which resulted in urgent growth scans - turned out to be a false alarm and i'm still at the 25th mark. Also currently being monitored every few days at the moment for reduced movements but that seems to be getting better. She's keeping me on my toes! :D

Anyway, over the weekend we were out a lot with friends, at Chatsworth Christmas markets, and a family Sunday lunch out etc. Lovely food eaten.

Cooking wise recently we've had big fat pork chops topped with apple slices and gruyere and served with cabbage/bacon/shallots and cream. Jacket potatoes topped with chilli and sour cream and chives, with salad and a few nachos on the side. Spanish rice with prawns, chicken and chorizo, peppers, tomatoes, paprika, lemon and parsley etc.

For breakfast this morning I had tuna mayo and cheese grilled toast with cucumber pickle. I hate cucumber usually :? Tonight we're having some kind of slow cooked pork casserole with root veg and cider.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » November 22nd, 2018, 10:19 am

Last night's pork dish was lovely. It was fragrant with sage, cider and mustard and I added a splash of cream towards the end. You could cut the meat with a spoon. As well as some green veg we had some warm crusty bread with it for mopping.

Granola this morning. Lunch will be something from the Manchester Christmas markets as we're going there for a team work lunch.

Dinner will be fillet of venison with spinach and a celeriac, squash and mushroom gratin. We'll make a port and redcurrant sauce to go with it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop