What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Ratatouille » January 21st, 2019, 10:17 am

I'm glad I cooked the chicken on Saturday. we had a small chicken sandwich in flaxseed bread for a latish supper after our lunch at friends..
Lunch today will be avo and crispy pancetta on toast. Supper is to be chicken and vegetable stir-fry with rice noodles followed by roast pineapple.

I'll strip the chicken carcass in a minute and make some stock then see if there is enough meat to make chicken and mushroom vol au vents for tomorrow
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 23rd, 2019, 7:40 pm

EM, vegan sausage roll was pretty ok! The sausage is quorn which we eat in this house anyway and the pastry was ok... not very flaky and doesn't have the signature greasiness but I guess that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Emma, your eating sounds remarkably good considering!

Yesterday, I had nando's for lunch - disappointing, expensive... a waste really.
Tea was a creamy tomato and veg pasta.

Today, more frittata
Leftover pasta plus a few chips
Tea should be chicken and mushroom black bean... but I need to get up and make it first :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 24th, 2019, 8:39 am

Tuesday was Lilia's birthday so she got to choose the food all day. Breakfast was chocolate granola plus some strawberries. Lunch was average fast food stuff at the bowling alley. Dinner was lasagne and salad followed by chocolate cake and more strawberries.

Yesterday we had the smashed hash browns for brunch at our favourite spot. OH went for the spicy avocado version and I had the one with homemade baked beans, spinach, pancetta and pea shoots.

Dinner was a Malaysian chicken coconut dish with lots of veg and noodles.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 24th, 2019, 2:18 pm

OMCO - amazed you are so up together and out and about! You always have such lovely food.

em- hard to imagine a non-greasy Greggs sausage roll!

The last few days have been a bit samey as they've been work days. That 'pie' was really useful for cutting into chunks and heating up with veg at work. Apart from that it's been yogurt, fruit, salads etc and lentil crisps. Today will be jacket potato with something and salad as there's not much left until I go shopping.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 24th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Omco, I'm with earthmaiden... very impressed! :kneel:

EM, all the Greggs round here (especially Blackburn where I work and there's a very high number of veggie/halal eaters) sell out of the sausage rolls within hours! Rumour has it that the one next to our office has them back in tomorrow, people are planning on getting there early :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frittata for breakfast but late as I was in training from first thing.
I did make the black bean last night along with veggie noodles so I had leftovers for lunch.
And a crunchie :oops:
Tea has been a sort of bibimbap: sushi rice, radish, peppers, broccoli, mange tout, gochujang pulled pork, avocado, spring onion and coriander, all topped with a crispy fried egg. Absolutely delicious!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 26th, 2019, 11:05 am

Where has this week gone?! OMCO - like others I’m in awe!

Given I’m manic at work we haven’t eaten too badly. Monday was a chicken curry and stacks of veg. Tuesday was a lovely frittata with lots of veg and some feta. Wednesday was chicken chilli and a particularly nice batch if I do say so (made when I got in a bit late having had a couple of glasses of wine in the office so probably never to be repeated!). We were out last night and I had seared tuna on a lovely salad. I am out again this evening and really don’t want to be. It’s a work event that will involve drinks and canapés but no ‘dinner’. And OH isn’t coming :cry:

Wrote that yesterday but post got blocked! The ‘do’ was ok but only three prawns as food so essentially drank my dinner :oops:

Fancy something a bit special tonight. Might make fish tagine....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 26th, 2019, 11:40 am

Patchy eating this week. Lunches not worth mentioning. Wednesday dinner was just roast sweet potato slices with smoked chilli mayo and barrel aged feta on the side.
Thursday, left over sweet potato, re-roasted in the oven with more of the feta, a grinding of smoked paprika, then an egg cracked in, to bake. A bit of parmesan when cooked. Maybe a tiny bit dry? But tasted good.
Yesterday was a Thai-sh Panang curry with marinated tofu, cashew nuts and mushrooms and peas (just a little smoked oil, some liquid aminos (couldn't find my soy sauce) and some italian garlic seasoning. No point aiming for subtle when it's going in a curry!) i.e. pretty much the same ingredients as my Thai-ish green curry :) And then I had a little sticky toffee pudding with chilled custard :?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 26th, 2019, 9:00 pm

Friday, I had the last of the frittata for breakfast.
Was supposed to have leftover bibimbap bits but somehow ended up in the fat Friday club with McDonald's of all things :? :oops:
Went out with work friends for indian but it was so very late! Well, it felt like it! We shared a mixed starter and onion bhaji then 2 curries and breads. Them guys had dessert, I stuck with tea :lol:

Today, I had brunch of a toasted crumpet with bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried egg and avocado.
Tea and biscuit at the hairdressers.
A white choc mocha.
Tea was a bought sourdough pizza and salad.
Last edited by EmWilk on January 26th, 2019, 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 26th, 2019, 10:33 pm

Yesterday was porridge for late breakfast then a strange but delicious mix of stir fried veg, potato and sea bass for supper. Then mini marinated figs with yogurt.
Today was porridge again and a sort of cauliflower and pasta cheese for lunch with GD followed by fresh fruit. Later was remains of same and some Angel Delight and fruit.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 27th, 2019, 9:49 am

yesterday I had posh scrambled egg for lunch: made iwth a dollop of creme fraiche and smoked butter, lots of black pepper.

Dinner was an anniversary dinner out last night (23 years since we got together at a Burns night dinner at Christ Church.) Not v upmarket though as OH came back from Germany for good yesterday (and not in the mood.) We went to a new (to us) Sicialian pizza place quite locally, so very garlickly garlic bread to share followed by a pizza Norman for me. It was a good discovery. There is not much so very local to us that's decent, or indeed full stop.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 27th, 2019, 11:13 am

Well I ended up doing a few things spontaneously yesterday so no fish tagine but a lovely day. A couple of friends contacted us at 12 and suggested lunch out at a really pretty marina. I had a mahi sandwich. About an hour after getting home had a message from other friends to say they were going for sunset drinks and nibbles at the beach so we joined them there. I threw together a sausage casserole when we got home. We are out on a boat today so lunch will be out. Something healthyish for dinner - possibly a veggie stir fry.
Rocky
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 28th, 2019, 9:53 pm

Yesterday, I had porridge and apple for breakfast.
No lunch as such. Just toast, a biscuit, lots of tea.
We had chippy tea which was nice but I felt rotten afterwards.

Made a real error today by not making or having any breakfast.
I was so hungry at lunch that I wolfed down a vegan sausage roll and crisps. Could barely move all afternoon!
Restored the balance this evening with some sushi rice, loads of veg, a quorn fillet and a fried egg with a nice tangy, Asian dressing.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 29th, 2019, 2:32 am

Yesterday: Porridge for breakfast with blueberries.
Lunch was a large chocolate flapjack whilst out with friends.
Supper was some from a large bowl of savoury mince made on Saturday with stir fried veg followed by fresh fruit.

Today I had a bacon and tomato sandwich, a caramel wafer bar and late night shift supper of some of the mince made into cottage pie. I might have a satsuma later.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 29th, 2019, 7:24 am

Brekkie was half a slice of fresh pineapple and some cereal, fresh baked rolls with mayo and prawns and some HM coleslaw for lunch. Supper was a small slice of tandoori salmon, baby pots and stir fry veg.

Planning..... Mango and porridge for brekkie, a slice of Mortadella in a wrap (shared) and some stuffed chillies and some more coleslaw for lunch and (probably) moussaka for supper - might make some garlic bread too.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 29th, 2019, 7:48 am

More organised today... I have veggie sausage, tomato and mushrooms cooked and will have them in a pitta for breakfast.
Lunch is leftover rice, veg, avocado, boiled egg and the Asian dressing from last night.
Have a big tub of chopped apple and melon too.
Out tonight with my friend at a place we love. It's a country pub with modern food and an emphasis on fish with lots of specials. Can't wait!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 29th, 2019, 9:32 am

We're having moussaka for supper too Zosh ! Iook all the meat off the lamb shoulder I cooed on Sunday , the blacksmith's dog got the bone! Last night I made shepherds pies in individual dishes and served them with brussels sprout puree, which we both love. There was half the blueberry tart I made at the weekend so we finished that,

Lunch today will be prawn, avo and grapefruit salad. Mr R had multigrain toast with passionfruit curd for breakfast. I had an espresso.

Enjoy your meal tonight Em
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 29th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Yesterday: I had a vegan chili with vegan cheese on soft tortillas and vegan soured cream for lunch. Hmm. It was ok. Really not keen on the uber-processed flavour of the cheese. There were some weird strips of faux meat in it.
Chilalquiles again for dinner. (Husband seemed to enjoy it - especially the home fried tortillas - but goodness. How many calories?!)

Lunch today - pakora wrap. A mistake. Very very sleepy now. And probably a bit smelly? (I have a meeting with my editor later on, which will involve sitting quite close.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » January 29th, 2019, 2:41 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Today I had a bacon and tomato sandwich, a caramel wafer bar and late night shift supper of some of the mince made into cottage pie. I might have a satsuma later

What job do you do EM? I'm sure you have said but I've forgotten. I did 3 years of nights only. Never again
Catherine
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm

I've PMd you Catherine! Nothing too exciting but people might notice if we weren't there!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » January 29th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Menus change sometimes.....Porridge with chilli jam and P nut butter for brekkie, Half a prawn wrap, coleslaw and a tomato cup a soup for lunch, BBQ pork spare ribs, HM baked beans and 6 chips. No chest pains so far today... :?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » January 30th, 2019, 12:21 am

Thanks Rats, we did. I love eating out with my best friend, we always share food :lol:
Pork and prawn gyoza, ordered by me.
Cod cheeks with an Asian salad and satay sauce ordered by friend.
We split those.
My main was salmon supreme, mash, broccoli, prosciutto crisp and a hollandaise ish sauce.
Friend had wild mushroom risotto.
Syrup sponge pudding and custard for friend.
A very good chocolate fondant, honeycomb and ice cream for me.

Am stuffed now!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » January 30th, 2019, 9:58 am

Sounds delicious EmWilk. Monday we had a lovely piece of salmon with a Thai red veggie curry. OH has gone away for work :cry: . I had work drinks last night and didn’t get home til 9. I roasted some cauliflower! Will have something nice tonight.....
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 30th, 2019, 11:42 am

Goodness me, where have the last couple of weeks gone?!

I’m liking reading all of the food had as I could do with some inspiration for my shopping list. I’m so jealous of your boating/island hopping escapades as always Rocky...I’m counting down the days until our next holiday on the Scilly Isles this spring which is as close as I’ll get to that kind of lifestyle this year!

Recent dinners have been:

French onion soup with gruyere toast
Baked salmon tray bake with chorizo, peppers, tomatoes, new potatoes, courgettes, basil
Hairy Bikers sausage and ale casserole with extremely buttery mash. James Martin would approve.
Spaghetti carbonara
Partridge in a brandy mustard sauce with sprouts, leeks and pommes anna
Mojo prawns with spicy rice, smashed black beans, salsa and salad

Tonight I’m planning a use up soup based around leeks, pearl barley and chorizo. We’ve got carrots and potatoes to go in too. I might even go for triple carbs and serve it with some garlic bread. It is extremely snowy here so carbs are most definitely required in vast quantities :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » January 30th, 2019, 2:17 pm

You are amazing OMCO. All that lovely grub and two lovely littles as well :kneel: :kneel: l
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » January 30th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Seconded OMCO! You are still in 'recovery'!

Yesterday was low fat peanut butter and banana on toast. Then the remainder of the cottage pie with lots of green beans later. Also satsuma and custard doughnut :oops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » January 30th, 2019, 4:18 pm

Not at all!! There have also been a couple of take aways, some packet noodle lunches and more than a bit of general chaos :lol:

I'm just fortunate that my cesearean recovery has been so easy!

We've just had mid afternoon m&s shortbread...I'll be glad when all of the Christmas treats are gone, they're lasting forever! They're very nice though.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » January 30th, 2019, 6:15 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:We've just had mid afternoon m&s shortbread...I'll be glad when all of the Christmas treats are gone, they're lasting forever! They're very nice though

I think you deserve as many treats as are available OMCO. :kneel: :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » January 31st, 2019, 7:47 pm

abokado salad with avocado and poached egg and lots of kale and a bit of quinoa for lunch
raspberry and white choc chip cookie in the afternoon (no dinner last night, so very hungry.)
dinner was a baked potato with lots of butter and extra mature cheddar and sweetcorn, some garlic seasoning and lots of black pepper. Yum.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 1st, 2019, 7:37 am

Last night we were supposed to be having chicken fajitas but Lilia declared fajitas ‘yucky’ so I used the exact same ingredients to make quesadillas which she ate happily :D We had it with a big salad and one of those supermarket trio of dips of salsa, sour cream, guacamole.

We’re registering Gabriella at the town hall this morning so we’ve said we’ll have lunch out afterwards. Friends have asked if we all fancy an early pub dinner later too so no cooking today!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 1st, 2019, 9:29 am

Sounds lovely OMCO! :D

We're having chicken fajitas for tea... :chops:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 1st, 2019, 4:14 pm

Children are so funny aren't they!

Yesterday was rice & veg when I got up and takeaway later as it was another team birthday. There are 5 of us and 3 have Jan/Feb birthdays! I had falafel in pitta with salad and garlic sauce. It was very nice. Also had 2 Choc digestives which someone brought in.
Expected to start more of a health kick today but won't be going shopping in this weather. Have lots in the fridge & cupboard.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 2nd, 2019, 10:48 pm

yesterday I just had a mug of soup for lunch, but also ate chocolate.
dinner was at Wahaca. We had guacamole and torilla chips, then had a veggie set meal for two:
Sweet potato & feta taquito
Mushroom tostada
Black bean & cheese quesadilla
Poblano pepper tacos
Plantain tacos
Cornbread & whipped goats’ cheese

And very nice it was too.

Today I had rather luxurious/indulgent porridge for breakfast: made with full fat milk, a large teaspoon of clotted cream (which interestingly separated into a buttery substance and cream when melting. Led me look it up and add 'make clotted cream' to my list of culinary things to do, if only once) mainly because my single cream had gone off. I would prefer 'top of the milk'. Also soft (although it had gone very hard!) dark brown sugar (which, while trying to chisel some off, I discovered is just white plus molasses..) and some demerara.
Dinner was a bowl of smoky chilli with cheese, and, a small (but still fattening) sticky toffee pudding with custard from Sainsburys.
I really need to get some control over my diet.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 2nd, 2019, 11:17 pm

Poached egg on Polish toast for late brekkie. Veg quiche (for him) m'room and cheese quiche for me and remoulade for lunch. Supper was a square of moussaka.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 3rd, 2019, 1:06 am

Yesterday I had some fruit and then later a sort of fry up with egg, bacon, tomato, mushrooms, beans and puffs. Apart from that a handful of Haribos in the evening that someone passed round in the theatre :).

Today was porridge for breakfast, a prawn sandwich for lunch, a piece of not very nice carrot cake offered at someone's house and cauliflower, mushroom, tomato and rice cheese later.

I don't think this is the week for a real health kick, am eating what's in the house rather than skating to the shops (and don't want to lose my parking space by going out in the car as it's not on the slippery hill!).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 3rd, 2019, 11:25 am

I thought I’d update but I haven’t. Having a lovely weekend despite OH being away ;)

On Thursday I was at a friends for dinner. She had made an amazing chicken and broccoli curry and I had brought Ottolenghi’s cauliflower and mango and chick pea salad. Someone else bought key lime pie. I stayed over so had to buy lunch and had a nice falafel and hummus wrap. Quiet nice in - I roasted some butternut and sprinkled it with feta.

Yesterday the rugby was at lunchtime and I watched it at a bar with some friends and had some amazing fried chicken. We then went to a friend for a barbecue. They live at the top of a hill over looking the channel and about five other islands. I had brought a quinoa salad with avocado, black beans, red pepper and feta, a black bean dip and some sausage rolls. There was also some delicious chicken and an Indian style potato salad.

I really must stop over committing socially when OH is away. Catching a ferry to a really chilled out island today but ferry back isn’t until five so long day but a lovely group of people. I think I might seek out a salad for lunch and I suspect there may be one or two :cocktail:
Rocky
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 3rd, 2019, 1:04 pm

I don't usually post on here as my regular food is usually a bit hit and miss, however, over the last few days I have baked: Chicken and butter bean casserole (inspired by ltc); yesterday I baked bread and today I made risotto in the Instant Pot.. Half has some fried mushrooms and the other half some fried asparagus. Not quite sure what I will be having for later - spoilt for choice now ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 3rd, 2019, 5:52 pm

I think we have eaaten and drunk too much this weekend
Sole with spinach and baby potatoes, followed by tarte au citron on Friday night.
Dinner was the pancake party I gave for a good friend's birthday. Pancakes because it was pancake day here too, More of a sucession of various pancakes than a set formal dinner.
Started with popadoms and raitas and chutneys
HM blinis with smoked trout and dill dressing, herring roe caviar and soured cream and prawns with spiced marie Rose
Crispy roast duck with HM Chinese pancakes, hoi sin and shredded cucumber and spring onions = a first ever for 4 of the guests who, thankfully were deeply impressed.
Crepes Suzettes to finish which after a lot of thought we served with demi sec Champagne to finish, well that is if you don't count the coffee barndy or single malt and a selection of local artisanal sweeties.

Today we kind of missed breakfast but had a proper Sunday lunch in the form of roast pork, with herb stuffing, Potato wedges and parsnip cooked with the meat and lemon buttered leeks. Dessert was Japanese mochi which were on sale at Picard this week, I love them. :drool: :drool:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 3rd, 2019, 5:56 pm

Rats, that all sounds absolutely scrummy... :chops:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 3rd, 2019, 6:40 pm

Because I am on day 7 ( but now recovering) of a horrible lurgy we shelved the flat ribs in favour of a shepherds pie.
Currently eating chilli rice crackers.
J says they are pretty spicy, taste like cardboard to me.
Apparently he won't be opening a "Sunday bottle" with tonight's dinner as it will be wasted on me.
I probably agree but I won't tell him.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 3rd, 2019, 11:55 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:I don't usually post on here as my regular food is usually a bit hit and miss,

Oh go on - join me! :lol:

Today was porridge & blueberries for breakfast, apple tart for lunch and a sort of veg, potato and chicken liver jumble for supper (very nice, with garlic, balsamic vinegar etc) followed by more apple tart. I am using up what's in the fridge.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 4th, 2019, 8:25 am

On Saturday we treated Lilia to afternoon tea after her dance class as she is currently obsessed with creating afternoon tea platters in her play kitchen. It was a lovely afternoon tea actually, despite it not being a favourite of mine!

Yesterday we had mushroom and cheese omelettes for breakfast, home made sausage rolls, chutney and salad for lunch, and dinner out with friends in a cosy pub after a snowy walk.

Dinner tonight is going to be chicken parmigiana with homemade chips and some kind of green veg on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby karadekoolaid » February 4th, 2019, 5:10 pm

We got a rare invitation for lunch on Saturday; I think it´s the first time we´ve been out since Christmas. "Rare" because it´s impossible to go to restaurants any more ( 1,000,000% inflation) and because most of our friends have left the country :terrified: :terrified: . Still, it was a "baptism" lunch and the food was abundant. Smoked salmon on puff pastry; "tequeños" ( little cheese fingers wrapped in pastry); " Maracuchitas" ( cheese wrapped in plantain); fried wontons; egg rolls; paté,then tenderloin and roast pork, :terrified: mango and avocado salad, green salad and plantain "pie".
Yesterday I decided to go Mexican, and to use up a packet of Masa Harina I had in the fridge. Home-made tortillas, black beans, tomato salsa, guacamole and chiles stuffed with minced meat and ricotta. Today I´m going to use up the left-over tortillas, and make chilaquiles. ¡Órale! :lol: :lol: :lol:
" Bite off more than you can chew, then chew like Hell!"
karadekoolaid
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 4th, 2019, 10:48 pm

What lovely party food KK! Good to know that such things can still be found and bought.

Today: Breakfast: low fat peanut butter & banana in toasted pitta.
Lunch: small remains of yesterday's supper. Supper: A sort of cauliflower, broccoli and cheese fritatta with rice, corn and nuts. Very nice. Followed by berries and some of the banana 'ice cream' made a while back.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 5th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Sounds like a great lunch KK!

Lunch for me today was the last of the sausage rolls warmed and crisped up in the oven. Plus I picked at all sorts when making Lilia’s preschool packed lunch. The last of the Fortnums Christmas biscuits need eating so I may have one this afternoon :drool:

Dinner will be dan dan noodles.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 5th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Today I have had:

200 ml Kefir; a square of dark chocolate; oat/nut/seed smoothie (á la Nutribullet); 2 boiled eggs with 6 baby tomatoes (and a tablespoon of low fat mayo) ; a small portion of mushroom and asparagus risotto (á la Instant Pot) …and this evening will be partaking of an Indian buffet at a great restaurant in Chinnor - one of the best Indian restaurants I know ;) :tu: :chops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 5th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Back to basics today.

Porridge
HM leek & potato soup
Baked potato with coleslaw, bacon and salad
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 6th, 2019, 12:22 am

A bit of a :oops: week here so far. Sunday was v cool but far more :cocktail: than anything :chef: . A chum and I shared a chicken sandwich for lunch and some chips for dinner. Yesterday I had lover Saturday quinoa salad for lunhenbuttenut squash and feta for dinner with a sausage. Tonight I had mahi and stack of veg chuckeinto a Thai green curry. I have Ben invited out to three separate things tomorrow. On a Wednesday. Need. OH to come home. I will go with the best food option...
Rocky
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 6th, 2019, 1:16 am

Breakfast: a piece of toast with apricot jam.
Lunch: (with GD) sausage roll and crudites. Blueberries and a little bit of raspberry ripple ice cream.
Supper: (with GD) Veg pasta bake and sausages, a fluffy chocolate mousse thing from M&S that her ma brought round for me.
I got all kinds of very good rtc offers in Waitrose this morning so the menu for the next few days is not quite as planned!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 6th, 2019, 2:19 am

Goodness, what happened to me?! Unlikely to be able to remember a full week, especially at this hour but I shall try...

We had an Indian takeaway at some point from a different place to our usual :scared: and it was fantastic! Really, really good.

I'll just go from the weekend...
Saturday was rice crispies for breakfast.
Mushrooms on toast for lunch.
Tea... Hmmm. I can't remember :oops:

Sunday, we went for breakfast. I had a veggie one and Leo had pancakes and fruit.
No lunch for me.
Tea was chicken parm at OH's request... I've made it twice now and I'm just not that bothered by it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong!

Monday... I woke up with the makings of a migraine. I fended it off for most of the day and managed my lunch of pasta and chicken.
Got home and managed to last until putting Leo to bed then went to bed myself feeling rotten. Half 7 til half 6 this morning and I was still dizzy and sick as a dog but it soon passed.
I had a bacon and grilled tomato muffin.
Lunch was tuna melt.
Tea was moussaka made by OH :o with a little help from hello fresh. It was really tasty actually.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 6th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Monday lunch was... EAT macaroni cheese. I then snacked quite a lot in the afternoon: allowed myself to as I didn't think I'd be having dinner (was out till late), but in the end, after texting a suggestion to husband that he might have a pitta with some cheese and veggie hotdogs if he was hungry when he got home late from his flight, I ended up eating just that myself: a slice of spicy Mexicana cheese slice and two vegetarian hotdogs with ketchup :o (you can tell I am trying to diet...)
Yesterday lunch was a Pret vegetarian 'tagine' soup, and an I'm fed up' finger of chocolate brownie with jam.
dinner was aubergine and parmesan ravioli with smoked butter and more parmesan, then a small square of sticky toffee pudding with custard (ditto re diet comment :( )
And then I had some warm milk at 1am and a couple of squares of chocolate - sorted out the insomnia but the chocolate very definitely not necessary.
lunch today was left over mushroom and tofu in a 'satay' style sauce (too much food!)
Dinner may involve cauliflower.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop