What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Herbidacious » February 6th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Em i can't imagine my husband making a moussaka even with the help of Hello Fresh!

I hope you are migraine free today.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 7th, 2019, 12:04 am

Herbi, I think you have just invented a 'thing'. I'm sure that chocolate brownie with jam could catch on! (I don't really like brownies much, I think the slight acidity of the fruit might help, despite the sweetness!).

Today, Breakfast: toast and a chipolata left over from yesterday. Lunch: a Waitrose 'Chinese' snack selection with a spoonful of rice and 3 cherry tomatoes. Supper: Chicken katsu curry & rice (another Waitrose thing from yesterday's haul), blueberries. later: Glass of red wine whilst out. Hmmm, not the most balanced day.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 7th, 2019, 8:36 am

That's exactly how it worked earthmaiden, although I can't take credit. It was from Pret :) Yes brownies are not my fave either, but I was craving something a bit sweet.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 7th, 2019, 9:50 am

Hadn't realised it was sold with jam!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » February 7th, 2019, 9:58 am

i don't know - but it will include custard.
scullion
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 7th, 2019, 11:05 am

Chocolate custard?
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby scullion » February 7th, 2019, 11:48 am

no - but i suppose i could doctor it to be so.
scullion
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 7th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Last night we had partridge breasts cooked with pancetta, shallots and chestnuts. With garlic sautéed potatoes, mixed greens and a sauce made with brandy, chicken stock, cream and apple sauce.

All this talk of brownies has me wanting to make chocolate and chestnut brownies with the leftover chestnuts.

Lunch was flat bread stuffed with cheddar, ham, heated up leftover garlic sauteed potatoes and Boxing Day chutney. Sounds weird, but tasted amazing!

Dinner will be toad in the hole with onion gravy and veg of some description.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 7th, 2019, 2:30 pm

We had our ususal espresso and a croissant after shopping.
Lunch was a chicker pate and tomato sandwich followed by a lovely mandarin orange
I've go calves liver for tonight but at the moment can't decide wether to have it with orange and a pilaff or with bacon and onion gravy. and potato puree. I have spinach,, leeks, cauliflower and carrots so one or more of any of those.
I've got a winter fruit salad which I made yesterday so will have some of that possibly with thick yogurt or caramel ice cream.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 7th, 2019, 10:26 pm

Breakfast: a mini pitta toasted with cheese on top. Lunch: the soup mentioned on Chatterbox with a small slice of bread. Tea: a fruit scone with butter. Supper: Chicken dippers with rice and broccoli. Blueberries & a satsuma.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » February 7th, 2019, 10:42 pm

scullion wrote:i don't know - but it will include custard.

it included ice cream made from the custard - really, good.
lucky i've got a few more pots.
scullion
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 8th, 2019, 9:32 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Last night we had partridge breasts cooked with pancetta, shallots and chestnuts. With garlic sautéed potatoes, mixed greens and a sauce made with brandy, chicken stock, cream and apple sauce.

That sounds delicious ..., I have Partidge breasts in the freezer (special offer from Donald Russell ;) ) and have been wondering what to do with them ... I presume the chestnuts weren't fresh ones ?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 8th, 2019, 1:01 pm

No they were vac packed ones. It was really nice... I hadn't intended to add the apple sauce but it was a little too salty so I added the apple at the last minute and it balanced it out nicely.

I think our partridge was on offer from Abel and Cole, it was really good value iirc :)
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 8th, 2019, 2:28 pm

We didn't get the liver lst night. We were expecting our stand-in hairdresser - our regular one is on maternity leave - but having waited for an hour and a half she hadn't turned up so we rang her mobile - no answer. Got through to the boulangerie - she's the baker's wife only to be told she is ill and didn't have our phone number :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By this time it was 5.30 pm and I just didn't have time to do everything I had planned so the liver went in the freezer and out came a hm moussaka I had in there. Some 3 grain rice and a green salad and we were good to go. The winterfruit salad was good with some salted caramel icecream.

I made and we treated ourselves to a beautiful mango which I will roast with some chilli flakes. fattouch for lunch and there is kedgeree for tonight and we treated ourselves to a beautiful ripe mango to roast with chilli flakes.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 9th, 2019, 6:40 pm

Herbidacious wrote:Em i can't imagine my husband making a moussaka even with the help of Hello Fresh!

I hope you are migraine free today.

And he even said "it was so easy to make this!" :o

Migraine dissipated over the next day, thanks.

Wednesday I had a toasted muffin for breakfast.
Lunch was leftover moussaka and some chips.
Tea was beef kofta curry... Another Hello Fresh one.

Thursday and weekly finance meeting day a.k.a. max stress day. I can't recall breakfast but someone got me a veggie subway for lunch.
Tea was a sort of all day breakfast... veg sausage, bacon, fried egg, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, potato waffle and avocado.

Friday... porridge for breakfast at work.
Lunch was KFC... :oops: getting a bit too frequent that!
Didn't have any tea but a bagel late at night with a cuppa.

Today, I had another toasted bagel for breakfast.
An unbelievably disappointing (barely) toasted cheese and tomato sandwich from Costa... terrible.
A few too many choc covered pretzels :oops:
We're having indian takeaway tonight.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 9th, 2019, 7:36 pm

Today I had : Oyakodon for main (Japanese) and Halo Halo for dessert (Filipino) with plenty of samples from other's leftovers ;) ….at the day of meeting up with Kavey and Pete at Bang Bang Oriental to wish them well on their move to Abergavenny (see Kavey's thread)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 10th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Last night we had posh Macn'cheese for supper followed by a fresh tropical fruit salad.
We both had more fruit for breakfast
Just got back from a meal with our Danish friends. We had lobster bisque with extra prawns, cream and brandy, Savot cabbage leaves stuffed with cod mousse and pieces of poached salmon with rice and a magnificent choclate cake to celebrate Mr R's birthday next week. which we ate Danish fashion with a glass of cognac. Don't think there is much room for much more food today.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 10th, 2019, 7:35 pm

I've been at my mother's and as usual, food mostly not worth mentioning since Friday lunch time. My fault. It's up to get food for me and to feed myself, but I find it hard to eat in the house. Eau de commode, and/or air 'freshener' put me off my food, plus a general sense of not quite hygienic enough (which is probably mainly in my mind.) However, we had a pub lunch in Beeley yesterday. Lovely food, but the starters we ordered really were rather small. Hence, (er) pudding. I had a fried duck egg with slightly caramelized leeks and wild mushrooms, and oddly, a few segments of grapefruit - cooked, I think (neither bad nor good as an addition, I'd say.) Husband had wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil which smelled delicious. We also had a basket of bread and whipped butter. I then had sticky toffee pudding which had run soaked raisins on the top. Some lovely ice cream with it.

Just got back and had sour dough pizzas and Bakewell pudding. A bit of a carb fest, but nice.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 12th, 2019, 8:52 am

On Sunday we ate out at the small plates place in the village for FILs birthday. We shared...

Bajan-spiced butter fried cod fillet, roasted plantain chips, bajan curry sauce
Seared beef bavette, red Thai peanut sauce, shredded veg
Mini chicken Kiev’s, crushed chilli peas, garlic aioli
Garlic butter fried tiger prawns, salted potatoes, mojo verde sauce
Crispy gnocchi, goats cheese, roasted peppers
Dirty fries
Chopped salad

A total mish mash of flavours but goodness me it’s all delicious.

Last night we had gammon with cauliflower cheese, tender stem broccoli and a few sautéed potatoes.

Tonight we’re either having paella or chicken noodle soup.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 13th, 2019, 11:49 am

Todays brekkie was chocolate chip & orange Hot X buns !!!! :chops: Lunch will be sourdough bread or a pitta maybe with cold meat for him and cheese for me with some salad and maybe a yum yum for him. Supper will be left overs to make space in the fridge for thawing out meat and stuff for two social functions - one Sat lunch time for 4 of us and Sunday for 6 peeps.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 13th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Monday night's supper was double lamb chops boulanger with steamed and buttered savoy and red cabbage followed by faiselle with fresh raspberries.

Yesterday Mr R's beakfast was HM yogurt with berries - I just had berries.
Lunch was ham rolls filled with cottage cheese and fresh pineapple on lettuce
Supper was Toulouse sausage on a bed of Puy lentils cooked with smoked lardons, shallots and fresh herbs. I used some of the pancakes from the batch I made for pancake day and froze. I made a cherry folling with bottled cherries a little cherry brandy all thickened with arrowroot.
Himself had porridge for breakfast and we had avocado on toast with crispy bacon.
Tonight i'm making a trad quiche which we'll have with hot beetroot salad and lemon leeks. I have a stash of fresh tropical food to use up and some individual pavlovas so I'll put the two together and see what happens.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 14th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Just had a very nice lunch at vegan Stem + Glory: Aubergine Chermoula - slow roasted eggplant on quinoa with chermoula sauce, pomegranate, cucumber salad and lime dressing.

On Monday we had Derbyshire oatcakes and Chatsworth eggs.
Tuesday was cauliflower cheese with lots of Dijon.
Nothing last night ( so cramp...)
I might make cornbread and have that with an egg and an almost past it, possibly actually too late for it, avocado and some tomatoes. Or not... It's on the agenda for the forthcoming days, though!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 14th, 2019, 9:39 pm

See if I can recall the week...!

Sunday... hmmm, that's not a good start!
Oh we had omelettes for breakfast.
Can't actually remember tea though.

Monday, I made aubergine and chickpea curry for tea.
Who knows about breakfast and lunch.
Tuesday, I didn't actually have lunch as I was so busy.
Tea was lovely big toasted sandwiches with a filling of a big, thick slice of ham, topped with mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes. Served with chips and coleslaw.

Yesterday, I had leftover curry for lunch with a naan bread for lunch.
Tea was a beige oven feast by OH :lol: quorn nuggets, wedges, etc! Plus more of the hm coleslaw.

Today, I've had 2 alpen bars.
Lunch was soup, granary roll and crisps.
Tea has just been a bowl of noodles, various veg, slices of ham and a lovely dressing of gochujang, soy, sesame oil, vinegar and coriander, all cooked through.
OH is at work so no Valentine's round here!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 14th, 2019, 10:49 pm

EmWilk wrote:OH is at work so no Valentine's round here!

Oh I don't know about that I think there might be a little man who is quite possibly your number one fan and adores you
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 15th, 2019, 12:07 am

That's true Catherine :luv: , even if he did accidentally elbow me in the mouth before :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 15th, 2019, 10:53 am

Lasr evenings dinner was absolutely lovely. The restaurant was completely full and the menu was light and lovely even though there were 6 courses with amuse bouche first and then sweetmeats after. The most intriguing course was slamon cooked at low temperature then coated in a white fish mousse and a shell fish jelly with "proper" caviar. Mr R , who does not usually like salmon thought it was lovely.The dessert was hilarious - our rude sense of humour. It was a tuille canelloni filled with tiramisu and raspberries, lovely but it was served standing on end with a raspberry on top and 2 scoops of raspberry sorbet, one on either side. We were laughing so much we didn't get a picture :lol:

Lunch today is just a cheese ham and tomato toastie and supper is to be devilled crab with fried plantain and devilled biscuits to use as scoops.

It's Mr R's birthday tomorrow and he has asked for roast beef and YPs with parsnips and sprouts
Last edited by Ratatouille on February 15th, 2019, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 15th, 2019, 11:49 am

Ha ha, that’s funny Rats :D

Yesterday I ate a ropey looking valentines cupcake made by Lilia at preschool. Obviously I told her it was beautiful! To be fair it tasted ok even though it looked like it had been thrown at a wall :lol:

In the evening the four of us popped to our local pub which is just down our lane. They had the usual menu as well as a set valentines one which was good as we only wanted one course. We both had rib eye with brandy and peppercorn sauce, chips, shallot rings etc and a nice glass of red each.

Lunch today will probably be a mushroom, cheese and spinach omelette.

Tonight we’re going to a Disney themed disco party event at the golf club which has a buffet. There will be actors dressed up as Disney characters, prizes for fancy dress etc. Lilia going as Elsa from Frozen and is so excited. I’m guessing the food will be mediocre at best :? Can’t wait :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 15th, 2019, 12:54 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Tonight we’re going to a Disney themed disco party event at the golf club which has a buffet. There will be actors dressed up as Disney characters, prizes for fancy dress etc. Lilia going as Elsa from Frozen and is so excited. I’m guessing the food will be mediocre at best :? Can’t wait :D

That sounds like a bit of a hoot OMCO! Bet Lilia will adore it. :luv:

Ratatouille wrote:The dessert was holarious - our rude sense of humour. It was a tuille canelloni filled with tiramisu and raspberries, lovely but it was served standing on end with a raspberry on top and 2 scoops of raspberry sorbet, one on either side.

:lol:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 15th, 2019, 1:05 pm

Seatallan wrote:
OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Tonight we’re going to a Disney themed disco party event at the golf club which has a buffet. There will be actors dressed up as Disney characters, prizes for fancy dress etc. Lilia going as Elsa from Frozen and is so excited. I’m guessing the food will be mediocre at best :? Can’t wait :D

That sounds like a bit of a hoot OMCO! Bet Lilia will adore it. :luv:

Ratatouille wrote:The dessert was hilarious - our rude sense of humour. It was a tuille canelloni filled with tiramisu and raspberries, lovely but it was served standing on end with a raspberry on top and 2 scoops of raspberry sorbet, one on either side.

:lol:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 16th, 2019, 8:01 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:
OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Last night we had partridge breasts cooked with pancetta, shallots and chestnuts. With garlic sautéed potatoes, mixed greens and a sauce made with brandy, chicken stock, cream and apple sauce.

That sounds delicious ..., I have Partidge breasts in the freezer (special offer from Donald Russell ;) ) and have been wondering what to do with them ... I presume the chestnuts weren't fresh ones ?

This will be tomorrow's lunch … OMCO, I have sent you a pm for more details ... :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 16th, 2019, 10:07 am

As promised I am cooking roast rib of beef YYPs and all the other bits for Mr R's birthday supper tonight. There is cheese and then a macaron gateaux with raspberries for afterwards

We have friends coming round for drinks at lunch time I've made gougeres, Cervelle de Canut and prunes wrapped in bacon to keep the wolf from the door.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 16th, 2019, 4:12 pm

Will check messages now Patsy :tu:

The do last night was dire. The DJ reminded me of Phoenix nights :D The less said about the buffet the better! There is a decent restaurant at the golf club but this was beige rubbish and lots of crap sandwiches.

We had a very nice pub lunch today, I had halibut with smoked potatoes and charred something...chicory I think, and there were confit tomatoes and chorizo.

We’re out for dinner at friends house tonight, I think they’re cooking pasticcio for main with a couple of salads.

We’ve booked a table for brunch tomorrow and I might have the eggs royale. I feel like we’ve not cooked for days so we’ll probably eat in tomorrow evening!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 17th, 2019, 10:21 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:The do last night was dire. The DJ reminded me of Phoenix nights

I've been to more than a couple of those in my time :lol:

Friday, I had porridge mid morning.
Lunch was chippy Friday.
Didn't have any proper tea as OH was off to work at 8 and the timing with getting Leo in bed and all that, just didn't permit. I had a toastie with ham and cheese very late. I'd baked the ham with soy and honey so it was a bit random but still good.

Yesterday, I had shredded wheat for breakfast (won't be making that mistake again!)
Soreen mid morning and a Starbucks.
I was supposed to have lunch with mum and Leo but as we pulled up our side, some little monster fell asleep in the car seat! So we ended up driving through the McDonald's drive thru and having fries and milkshake while he snoozed!
Tea was quite the feast... peri peri chicken breast, halloumi, spicy rice, charred corn on the cob, charred peppers and onions and some paprika chips. Far too much food really.

Today, I've just had rice crispies.
Trying to decide about the rest of the day.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 17th, 2019, 12:01 pm

Haven’t updated in ages. Some lovely sounding food here! OH got back on Tuesday but our dinners have still been a bit all over the place. I made Italian sausage pasta for his first night back. We had salmon and stir fried veg one night. On Friday we were at a fundraiser so had a few canapés and too many :cocktail: Then some takeaway noodles on the way home. Had an amazing day yesterday. Had a boating trip with a group of friends and swam with turtles AND snorkeled over a wrecked ship. V special. Lunch at a lovely beach place snapper and fries and salad. I’d made some black bean dip and hummus to have on the boat so we had bits of that in the evening and a bit of smoked salmon that I found in the fridge. I have chicken breasts in the fridge so either a chicken curry tonight or flattened and breaded with a spicy sauce.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 17th, 2019, 12:52 pm

I do love your posts Rocky. It's like being on holiday! :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 17th, 2019, 5:48 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
PatsyMFagan wrote:

This will be tomorrow's lunch … OMCO, I have sent you a pm for more details ... :tu:

This …. and it was declared delicious. :tu: :tu: :tu: Thanks OMCO :hi5:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 18th, 2019, 10:10 am

I wrote about our lovely restaurant meal in the sun on CB yesterday.
Snail ravioli, guinea fowl with tiny new braod beans and peashoots with crispy polenta then Paris Brest .
So good we could only manage some cheese and fruit last night.

Yogurt and berries for breakfast - just berries for me.

Lunch is clelery soup with sme frsh cheese scones which I am just going to make .

Supper is to be fresh YPs with thin sliced beef and onion gravy, sprouts and swede mash
Blueberry and apple crumble might be made for dessert.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 18th, 2019, 11:17 am

A sliced orange with a handful of granola
RTC supermarket sushi with salad
Mamta's aubergine and mooli bhaji with dhal and rice.

It's all a bit healthy today

Just remembered the leftover blackcurrant crumble so that will be tonight's treat.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 19th, 2019, 3:18 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:This …. and it was declared delicious. :tu: :tu: :tu: Thanks OMCO :hi5:

Glad it was good!

Last night we had lamb tava from one of the Tessa Kiros books. It’s mainly lamb with potatoes, onion, tomatoes and cumin. We always add feta to ours towards the end and I served it with a tray of grilled peppers, aubergine and courgette. I like it because nothing needs browning first, I can put it all in the le creuset in the morning and put it in the fridge and it’s oven ready for the evening then.

Lunch today was a roasted veg and basil pesto panini in a cafe. DD has requested spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 19th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Sunday, we went to a cafe for lunch. I had tomato and coconut soup with sourdough. Leo had a stack of pancakes.

We also went out for tea. I had steak and guiness pie, Leo had (not much) fish and (much) chips :rolleyes:

Yesterday, I had soreen for breakfast.
A tuna melt for lunch.
OH made cottage pie from scratch for tea :o was lovely!

Today, Alpen light bar for breakfast.
Leftover cottage pie for lunch.
OH made tea AGAIN! Tuna pasta bake with a white sauce and cheese on top.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 20th, 2019, 1:55 pm

We eventually got our cottage pie last evening after a near disaster with the mincer. It was rather good.

Breakfast was yogurt and berries.

Lunch was tuna, spring onion and cucumber sandwiches on multigrain bread followed by an espresso and a square of chocolate

I've got calves liver for supper which we'll have with orange and pilau rice. There's a pot of apple compote with jumbo raisins and clavados
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 21st, 2019, 2:24 pm

Food has been a bit iffy of late. It' staking a bit of adjustment to get used to eating with husband. I realize that a) we used to have lunch out that the weekends then often not have dinner, so we rarely at the same thing; and b) are tastes are really quite different. I think we've been doing that kind of compromise where neither of us end up having something we'd like (same with the tv.)
so Monday was pasta with smoked oil, veggie 'Italian' tofu sausages, peas, garlic. Lots of black pepper and parmesan for me, but not him.
Tuesday, a potato bake using up some weird spicy mushroom based sausages from Sainsbury's, peas (again!) comte, leftover from Christmas, and a few dollops of creme fraiche and a bit of butter.
Last night, fed up of cooking (i know, after just two days) I had spicy smoked baked beans and cheese :o
Lunches have been really not worth mentioning, but today I took myself out for lunch and had this:

IMG_9386.JPG

Very nice it was too. I have also had a Yorkshire Curd tart. I cut another one up to share with my colleagues, but they are ignoring it :o I feel a little hurt (and annoyed that I have sacrificed a curd tart to them!)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 23rd, 2019, 12:03 pm

Seatallan wrote:I do love your posts Rocky. It's like being on holiday! :D

Ah thank you. I’ve lived here nine years and still feel really lucky!

A bit of a meh week on the food front. Had a friend over for dinner on Wednesday and made white chicken chili that was quite nice. Had that with rice, guacamole and salsa. On Thursday I was meant to go to a dinner for work but I didn’t and hadn’t planned dinner so OH had a pizza and I had some roasted veg. Last night was rib eye steaks with onion rings and portobello mushrooms. We were due to be sailing this weekend but OH’s back is too bad so we can’t :( so haven’t planned any food. I think we have some salmon in the freezer so that might be dinner and we might watch rugby at the pub so might have a mahi wrap. I am at a friend's birthday day tomorrow that includes a buffet lunch.....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 23rd, 2019, 1:33 pm

Last night we had fillets of sea bream last night which I did in foil after rubbing with cajun spices and placing them on a bed of lemon slices and adding some halved cherry tomatoes and capers. It only took 15 minutes and I served it with crushed ratte potatoes and spinach. We had cheese afterwards.

Lunch was oven cooked bacon, cherry tomatoes and button mushrooms with a n egg added at the last minute. Manderines afterwards

Tonight I have a chilli defrostingand will make an avo and tomato salsa and 3 grain rice to have with it. Chilli mango hedgehog afterwards.

We have friends to lunch tomorrow and later on I'll cook the filling for a Northumbrian style rabbit pie. I cheated with a scallop terrine from Fresh for starters and I'm making cranachan for dessert.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » February 23rd, 2019, 3:35 pm

Ratatouille wrote:I've got calves liver for supper which we'll have with orange and pilau rice

I love calves liver but have never considered serving it like this. I've always served with new potatoes and some green veggies and a port gravy/jus
Catherine
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 23rd, 2019, 11:12 pm

We ended up having friends over for rugby so impromptu lunch of smoked salmon, cold cuts, some cambazola and local salad. Really nice. OH’s back so bad he has been given tramadol which apparently is so aggressive you need anti emetics. Hope it works as so upsetting to see him in so much pain. He’s not sure what he might be able to eat. I am standing by to be ready with whatever that is!
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 24th, 2019, 8:09 am

Sounds horrible Rocky, I hope he’s better soon.

Thinking back...we’ve had French onion soup with gruyere croutons one night, a chicken and wild mushroom Alfredo pasta dish, butter chicken curry with masala dosa and spicy chutney.

On Friday a group of us managed a picnic in the walled garden of a local national trust place. It was so warm I was concerned I hadn’t bought a sun hat for the baby :shock: Anyway, I’d made a vegetable and feta frittata, sausage rolls with a little whole grain mustard, prawn wraps, fruit salad and a pandoro left over from Christmas. The latter went down very well with the coffees we bought.

We’re about to spend the day painting the playroom so a proper breakfast is in order I think! I fancy baked eggs with chorizo and spinach, with some granary toast on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 24th, 2019, 9:08 am

We went to our local Nepalese restaurant last night … we chose 5 dishes from the starter menu: I had goat chops, he had sizzling prawns and we shared a yam dish (my choice), a potato dish (his choice) and the house special Monk Magic , which is small florets of cauliflower in a sweet sticky sauce with sesame seeds, but soooo more-ish. :chops: Today it will be rump steak for him and I have no idea what I want out of the freezer :?
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 24th, 2019, 12:55 pm

Porridge
Bacon and mushroom muffins
Beef flat rib with roasties and cabbage

All pretty straightforward today
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 25th, 2019, 8:02 am

Your poor husband, Rocky.

Not a good food weekend with reagrad to either tastiness or calorie content. I had a small portion of nachos for lunch. They were not good. I had a scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream to sort of compensate. Then it was smoky spicy baked beans and cheese for dinner :?
Yesterday, just had a cheese and pickle sandwich at home for lunch. Dinner was paneer masala made partly from a kit. It was alright, but not as tasty as it could/should have been. Another scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream, and then a Betty's fondant fancy. I enjoyed but regretted eating this last item.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop