What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Busybee » February 25th, 2019, 8:39 am

Herbi, it was my OH’s birthday yesterday and like a small child demanded a Bettys fondant fancy birthday cake. It is basically 16 pink and white fancies shaped into a large square. Whilst it looked very pretty it was teeth itchingly sweet. So much so that I couldn’t manage my single fancy.

I’m sure they have upped the sugar content!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 25th, 2019, 4:11 pm

I really like them. I bought them for my husband, as a little cheering up thing, thinking they were something else, involving marzipan, which I don't like, so it was it was intended as a selfless gift which I would not be partaking of. But then I tried a bit... I really liked the texture of the icing. But yes, very sweet, of course, which is why I regretted it. I instantly crave yet more sugar.

My mother used to make something she called 'fondants' which were squares of sponge cake topped with marzipan and brightly coloured glace icing, which my father loved. I thought these were going to be like that. I bought him a box of four. Also bought some Yorkshire curd tarts and a couple of their little loaf cakes - a lemon and lime one and a stem ginger one. Well, one might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb... (i.e. get more than one thing, given that the postage is the same.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Busybee » February 25th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Such a shame Herbi as Bettys have so much stuff that does have marzipan. I saw their Easter eggs today, real works of art with wildflowers in icing as the decoration. Mind you they should be special they are rather pricey.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 25th, 2019, 5:50 pm

Rocky, Mr S has had several similar bouts of back pain over the years (and has also been prescribed Tramadol at various times as well as codeine-based pain killers) so I know how you feel- it's horrid to see someone you love in such pain isn't it? Hope he recovers soon...
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 25th, 2019, 10:42 pm

Hope your husband feels better soon Rocky!

I had intended to eat well (i.e healthily) but it has not transpired really.
Breakfast and lunch has been a repetitive affair of cereal bars and garage trips (e.g. subway, Greggs, starbucks) or leftovers.

Teas...
Wednesday - ???
Thursday - paella whuch was very nice
Friday - pizza :cry:

Saturday, I went out for breakfast and had avocado, bacon and poached egg on toast.
Much badness followed... chocolate, crisps, chocolate covered pretzels :o
Tea was salmon, rice and veg but I wasn't blown away.

Sunday... bacon, veg sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried egg and potato waffle for breakfast.
Sadly, that was it as I got a migraine and spent most of the day moping, snoozing and hiding under a blanket.

Today, still been ropey but had a peanut butter nature valley bar.
By lunch, I was very hungry and had a pizza slice, veggie sushi and crisps!!
Tea has been some very disappointing chips.

Try again tomorrow :rolleyes:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 26th, 2019, 9:45 am

Chocolate covered pretzels are my downfall Emma!

On Sunday we had lunch at Ikea - meatballs for me. We had dinner at our favourite Italian and I chose a baked salmon and crab pancake thing. We all shared tiramisu for dessert.

Last night we had a prawn, leek, spinach & lemon risotto.

Tonight we're having a Gordon Ramsey recipe of steak with tomato and tarragon salsa dressing. With frites and salad on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 26th, 2019, 10:11 am

Yesterday I made leek soup for lunch -there'l be enough for today too - we ate mandarines afterwards.

Supper was a risotto with the first of the season't apsparagus, It was gorgeous, and a green salad. I also made a Breton Far which will do us for several desserts/breakfasts.

Today's supper is to be veal escallops in a brandy, cream and morel mushroom sauce served with creamy polenta and the first broad beans of the season.

Hope your OH is feeling better Rocky.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » February 26th, 2019, 10:31 am

Busybee wrote:Such a shame Herbi as Bettys have so much stuff that does have marzipan. I saw their Easter eggs today, real works of art with wildflowers in icing as the decoration. Mind you they should be special they are rather pricey.

BB

He really likes Fondant Fancies, with or without marzipan, so fine. If he is very good I might buy him a simnel cake... or even make one!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 26th, 2019, 11:09 am

I sometimes make a plum kutchen that has a layer of marzipan inside it. I make my own marzipan and I have to say I have never had a failure and this makes a fabulous desert .. :chops: :hungry: :drool:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 26th, 2019, 1:59 pm

Porridge with stewed damsons and Greek yoghurt
Ham salad sandwich and a bag of hula hoops
Dinner will bee Mamta's aubergine and mooli bhaji with chapatis and rice
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Rocky » February 27th, 2019, 10:06 am

Thank you all. He hasn’t left the house since Friday and if anything it is getting worse - I might force him to go to hospital today :(

AND I have been a bad wife as work is crazy so I have hardly been home. We had a general election on MOnday - for a place with only 14,000 voters it managed to create a lot of work! I had a bit of salad for lunch. I was home so late OH had had a frozen pizza and was in bed. I just ate the leftover crusts for dinner :oops:

Yesterday a packet of crisps for lunch. I got home at 8 and managed to whip up a post mince and veggie curry so finally I feel I am looking after him! Today is Wednesday so roti will be delivered to the office. I am meant to be out again with work - so dinner may be tapas nibbles. I’m tempted to come home though and will do something with salmon. Roll on the weekend!
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 27th, 2019, 11:02 am

Ouch Rocky- that sounds awful... I agree, get it checked out in case a nerve is trapped or he's proper slipped a disc or something. Hope he feels better soon. And you're SO not a bad wife. :hug: :hug:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 27th, 2019, 11:25 am

Not posted here in a while, the lurgy resulted in having more warm milk and Rich Tea biscuits than anything else :oops:. Had a lovely pizza at Pizza Express yesterday, a new 'ragu flavour. Very nice. I could only manage half of mine so brought the rest home for supper.

Really just wanted to send :hug: Rocky. Do you have access to chiropractors or osteopath sort of people there? Everything always happens at once doesn't it!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » February 28th, 2019, 12:16 am

Oh Rocky!! Get him checked out ASAP... and eat some lunch!! (Not that I am often much better!)

Hope you're feeling better EM!

Yesterday, I had a grilled bacon and tomato wholemeal thin for breakfast.
Lunch was chicken noodle soup and a chicken salad box.
Tea was Thai red chicken and veg curry with egg fried rice.
Then a fibre one bar later.

Today, nutrigrain for breakfast.
Soup and tuna melt for lunch.
Tea was a mozzarella burger on a muffin with cheese, tomato and avocado toppings.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » February 28th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Cereal first thing and a toasted bagel filled with chicken, melted cheese and coleslaw for lunch. Fruit mid afternoon.

My nail girl is coming later so I need to prep dinner beforehand. I’m thinking thinly sliced potatoes with rack of lamb on top, plus herbs and some halved mini shallots and garlic. Possibly some lemon juice or chargrilled peppers too. We’ve got some green veg to have with it.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » February 28th, 2019, 6:56 pm

Porridge with damson puree (again)
Pate on toast
HM ham and parsley quiche with wedges and salad

I have excessive ham and parsley which both need using.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 2nd, 2019, 10:37 am

Emma, that lamb sounds lovely... I've never cooked a rack of lamb :oops:

Thursday, I went to Birmingham to an expo. I had a toasted muffin before I left and a Starbucks en route.
A veggie burrito whilst there for lunch.
Tea was a bit of a take-on-the-takeaway style meal of Mexican style spicy rice with peppers, onions, peas and cherry tomatoes mixed in and then topped with spicy breaded chicken pieces and chicken gravy. A la KFC rice box meals (not that I've ever had one of those but I fancied that sort of chicken but couldnt be bothered making chips so the rice was easier!).

Yesterday, I was off work but just went in for 1 meeting so I had coffee before I went.
Then I had a great day, pottering around with my dad and Leo doing all the things I never get to do anymore and miss... such as going to my dad's garage for lunch (we had pies - butter pie for me, obviously! - and cake and tea out of chipped mugs covered in oily fingerprints :lol: ). Then went to see my grandma for her birthday and had a cuppa.
Went out to eat last night with OH and sister. We went to a Mediterranean/turkish/greek(!) sort of place. OH and I split our starters of halloumi and sigara boregi. I had moussaka for mains... it's so perfect, every time!
Few drinks afterwards and home to bed.

Nice lie in today, just had coffee and toast.
Not sure about the rest of the day. Happy weekend all!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 2nd, 2019, 11:33 am

Your day sounds lovely EmWilk. I remember when you used to hang out at your dad’s garage.

O dinner again on Wednesday :oops: Would be a marvelous diet if dinner hadn’t been replaced by :cocktail:

Thursday I had a really nice roasted veg and chickpea salad for lunch. Dinner was pounded chicken breast in Parmesan breadcrumbs with brocolli and wedges and a spicy tomato sauce.

I had half a roti for lunch yesterday and then sausages and roasted veg for dinner.

I’m determined to do some nice cooking this weekend. Will wait for OH to get up and see what he fancies. He is still largely surviving on industrial painkillers sadly. It’s heartbreaking to see!
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 3rd, 2019, 9:47 pm

I’ve still never had a butter pie Emma!

On Friday Lilia requested a pizza party so we made bases and put the toppings in the middle for everyone to decorate before we cooked them. We had those with a side salad.

We’ve had baked eggs for breakfast both mornings this weekend. Saturday they were baked with pancetta, spinach, cooked potatoes and spring onions. Today was with sausage meatballs, tomatoes, mushrooms, paprika and mozzarella. Both versions were accompanied with chilli sauce.

Last night we had a Chinese take away after a very long wet and windy walk.

Tonight we had crispy skinned sea bass with stir fried veg and jasmine rice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 3rd, 2019, 10:51 pm

You're missing out Emma... we should do a Preston tour: butter pies and South indian veggie place :lol:

Yesterday, I had a tuna and beetroot sandwich for lunch (bought the beetroot and bread especially for it too, it was just what I fancied!)
We had indian takeaway for tea... paneer tikka, murgh karahi, tarka dal, rice and buttered naan.

Today, I had ham and cheese on toast for breakfast.
Snacked most of the day on crisps, choc and other rubbish.
Made a veggie moussaka for tea using quorn mince which was really delish.
Plenty of leftovers too and also made frittata and roast tomatoes for breakfasts.
Got a full weeks meal plan written out so I'm hoping to have a decent week of eating!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 4th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Sounds like a plan Emma! :D

OH bought me tea and a warm chocolate pastry in bed this morning before he went to work :luv: I had fruit mid morning and lunch was jacket potato with cheese, beans, coleslaw and salad.

I cooked a pot roast chicken for dinner with pancetta, shallots, celery, thyme, carrots, bay etc. We served it with buttery mash and broccoli. There’s enough stock, veg and chicken left to turn it into a soup for lunch tomorrow. OH taking leftover chicken and coleslaw in bagels for his lunch to use the last of the meat.

Tomorrow eve will obviously include pancakes!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 4th, 2019, 9:18 pm

EmWilk wrote:You're missing out Emma... we should do a Preston tour: butter pies and South indian veggie place

And this could be the start of a beautiful thing between Lillia and Leo. They'd love another pizza party too
Catherine
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 5th, 2019, 1:03 am

I have kind of triumphed. At least on effort. I made a Greek inspired chicken traybake tonight that OH thought was amazing. Lovely flavours. Lots of bones so dinner tomorrow might be chicken noodle soup.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 5th, 2019, 12:23 pm

Rocky wrote:I have kind of triumphed. At least on effort. I made a Greek inspired chicken traybake tonight that OH thought was amazing. Lovely flavours. Lots of bones so dinner tomorrow might be chicken noodle soup.

Now that sounds like the perfect rehabilitation
Catherine
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 6th, 2019, 12:20 am

Thanks Catherine. In the end we did even better rehab. He stayed at home all day but at about five felt he was able to move enough and needed a change of scenery. So we met at the beach and I helped him in to have a swim. I had magically produced a gin and tonic and whilst we couldn’t sit and have it he had it in the sea. His back is still rubbish but mental health a bit boosted. How are you doing these days?
Rocky
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 6th, 2019, 7:20 pm

Gin and tonic in the sea, now you've talking!
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 6th, 2019, 8:56 pm

Catherine wrote:
EmWilk wrote:You're missing out Emma... we should do a Preston tour: butter pies and South indian veggie place

And this could be the start of a beautiful thing between Lillia and Leo. They'd love another pizza party too

Oooh, too cute :lol:

Monday I had frittata for breakfast.
Veggie moussaka for lunch and fruit salad.
Tea was Mexican quorn and veg sorta stew, spicy rice, charred corn, sour cream and guacamole.

Tuesday, I had frittata for breakfast.
Lunch was half a dodgy mozzarella and pesto panini en route to the Etihad for a works thing.
We went for a meal afterwards and there were lots of tasty starters... spring rolls, chicken satay, seekh kebab, onion bhaji. Mains were lamb karahi, chicken Thai green curry, veggie stir fry, fish curry, rice and naan.
Then a lovely cheesecake for dessert.

Today... frittata for breakfast.
Left over Mexican quorn, etc for lunch.
OH wanted nuggets and chips for tea so we had quorn nuggets and bought wedges with ketchup!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 6th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Em - you like your frittata, don't you! :lol:
What is it btw?
:bounce:
Grasshopper

ETA - I've just had a quick Google. It's a sort of omletty type thing that you add stuff to.

Sounds interesting.
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 6th, 2019, 9:59 pm

Yes Grassy, it's like Spanish omelette. I make a massive one on a Sunday sometimes and it makes 8 portions so enough for breakfast through most of the week for me and snacks for his lordship. I can't deal with no carbs for breakfast so it's great alternative to bread because it has potatoes, eggs, onion and cheese. I roast a load of halved cherry tomatoes at the same time and have them with it. Slimming world friendly, savoury and filling.

Sometimes, I make a slightly different one with chilli, mozzarella and basil thrown in too.
EmWilk
Registered

Re: What are you eating today? (v

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 7th, 2019, 7:52 am

Catherine wrote:

:luv: :luv:

More pancakes for lunch yesterday... with spinach, garlic, mushrooms and parmesan and one with Nutella.

I made a bacon, leek and pea pasta bake for Lilia’s dinner last night. Leftovers will provide lunch for today. We had a chunky slow cooked beef chilli with rice and a little smoked cheddar sprinkled on top with some jalapeños. Really good.

Dinner tonight will be a chicken and leek pie. I might make the Jamie Oliver version which includes some sausage meatballs in the pie too.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 7th, 2019, 8:35 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Dinner tonight will be a chicken and leek pie. I might make the Jamie Oliver version which includes some sausage meatballs in the pie too

Sounds :chops:

:chops:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 8th, 2019, 2:28 pm

It's moules frites tonight :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Which means that tomorrow I'll do mussel chowder.

We're out for lunch on Sunday so no need to think too hard!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 8th, 2019, 4:36 pm

Ratatouille wrote:It's moules frites tonight :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Which means that tomorrow I'll do mussel chowder.

Twice yum!! :chops: :hungry:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 8th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Porridge
Beef salad
A few beers down the road ;)
Cottage pie
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 8th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Yesterday I had 2 alpen light bars and a banana for breakfast.
Lunch was moussaka from the freezer and a bit of rice.
Tea was chicken and veg black bean and rice.

Today, I have pigged out. True fat Friday.
A slice of super thick malted grain toast for breakfast
Lunch was a chip butty from the chippy.
Also had a Starbucks (skinny latte so not too bad) but then some of someone else's vanilla frappuccino which was surprisingly delicious.
Majority of a bag of mini eggs.
Tea has just been a strange but delicious concoction of sauteed gnocchi, aubergine and red onion all stirred through a spicy tomato sauce, topped with diced halloumi and baked :hungry:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 9th, 2019, 1:12 pm

Last night we did an early pub dinner with two other families and our troupe of little girls. I had a sea bass dish with samphire and a tomato and chilli oil and various herbs and other stuff going on.

Cake at John Lewis earlier today. Dinner will be giant stuffed baked meatballs with spaghetti and tomato sauce. Served with a side salad. The meatballs will be stuffed with smoked cheddar and mozzarella.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 9th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Tea and toast in bed :tu:
Sausage sandwich for lunch
Just had tea with a pyclet
J is in charge of dinner and he's doing something with fresh mackerel and coriander.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 9th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Went out for breakfast this morning and had scrambled egg and crispy bacon on toast with coffee and then earl grey.
Somehow skipped lunch but breakfast was late I suppose.
Tea is, on request, southern "fried" quorn nuggets, homemade chips, smoked up baked beans, homemade coleslaw and chicken gravy (from a packet). Stodgy and trashy but better than a takeaway!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 9th, 2019, 8:30 pm

I have eaten very little in the last few days.
Thursday was delicious, garlicky fried polenta with lentils from a stall on Leather Lane. Dinner ended up being two madeleines on the train to Paris. Train was delayed by an hour, so no shops open when I got to my hotel and didn't fancy eating out on my own.
Friday, I had a croissant and a slice of poilane with butter and jam. Missed lunch, but a few coffees, then a couple of Bon Maman salted caramel crepe things on the train to Normandy. Once at the house, had a small slice of 4 cheese pizza and 4 petit fours ;)
Today a little Bon Maman chocolate mousse, then out, a coffee and a little salted caramel tart with nuts. Back home, some fresh goat's cheese bought on the market in Bagnol, with some bread and salt crystal butter.
Dinner was two galettes filled with leeks (also from market) with creme fraiche, thyme, lots of black pepper and Emmental. I am now contemplating more petit fours :)(They are a mix of mini tarts and cream cakes.) Why don’t we have these in the UK?!
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 11th, 2019, 12:14 pm

Some inspiring food. Need work to be a bit less crazy so I can concentrate on getting back into it!

Wednesday we had salmon with veggie noodles. On Thursday I had half a roti for lunch (a day late) and was at a hen do in the evening (on a Thursday :scared: ). We started in a lovely restaurant and I had harissa crusted halibut. We then went on to a bar for profiteroles, cocktails and karaoke.....

On Friday I had the secon half of the roti for lunch. Went out for ‘a’ drink after work and ended up staying for ages. OH came to pick me up and got drawn in to the fun. We got some takeaway noodles on the way home. Saturday OH had the leftover noodles for lunch watching the rugby. I had salad with tuna. We got invited out last minute for dinner. I had beef tenderloin and OH had shrimps and scallops ‘Thermidor’ and we shared.

Yesterday I had a massive run as a group of people on a cruise ship wanted to do seven marathons in seven days on seven islands and we were one. Great fun. The rest of the day was spent on the beach with some friends and their kids with a picnic. There was HM hummus and mackerel pate and some samosas and meatballs (my offering), mini quiches, sausage rolls, fruit and crisps. All lovely. We kind of grazed all day so didn’t want much when we got home so I roasted some cauliflower for me and drizzled pesto over it.

Public holiday today and v lazy day planned. I will have a walk. Some smoked salmon might be the basis of lunch. We have mahi and chicken in the freezer so will see what OH fancies. But maybe a Thai red curry might be in order. Want to make something nice as I am off to Miami for work tomorrow for the rest of the week.
Rocky
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 11th, 2019, 4:00 pm

We've just got back from a couple of days at CBeebies land hotel and water park. Gosh it was hell :lol: We decided to head over to the Alton Towers hotel for last night's dinner and I had a respectable vegetable penang curry. The breakfast back at the kids hotel was decent this morning. Crappy junk food in the water park for lunch today. I feel like I could sleep for a week :lol:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 11th, 2019, 5:20 pm

Yesterday I had bread and cheese for lunch again. Dinner was tortellini wiht parmesan, then a couple of petit fours.
Today, a cheese and tomato (a sort or chunky but quite intensely flavoured sauce) and Emmental galette.
I think just chevre chaud for dinner and er more petit fours (I bought some more :oops: )
I am conscious that I am not eating enough fresh vegetables...
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 11th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Porridge with damson puree
Mackerel pate on toast
Dinner will be quite soft - haggis with leftover dauphinoise and cauliflower.
( J has one wisdom tooth fewer than this morning)
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 12th, 2019, 12:02 am

Rocky, it all sounds amazing!
Emma, cbeebies land sounds horrendous.
Sadly, I think there's more chance of me visiting cbeebies land that the bvi!

Sunday, I made pancakes with Leo for breakfast.
We went out for lunch as a family of 3 which was nice. We very rarely go out just us 3. It's usually me, Leo and my family or occasionally OH joins if he's not working/sleeping/recovering from shifts.
Anyway, we only went to a beefeater but actually the food was decent. I had chicken stuffed with herby cheese, wrapped in pancetta, fries, broccoli and a very garlicky mushroom and truffle sauce.
Didn't have any tea, was stuffed!

Today, I didn't have breakfast and my gosh did I feel it!
Lunch was a tuna melt and spicy "minestrone" soup. I think I've mentioned the sandwich shop we go to which is run by 3 Asian ladies and EVERYTHING is spicy. Tuna melt... spicy. Cheese and onion pasty... spicy. Cauliflower cheese soup... spicy :lol:

Been out for tea with my friend tonight. I had a decent fish n chips then a mini dessert with coffee (which was actually earl grey tea)... waffle with glazed banana and toffee ice cream.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 12th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Some lovely inspiration as ever - think I might give CBeebies land a miss though :).

It's taken me ages to want to eat a varied diet after the nasty bug. I have been having cereal and fruit for breakfast but am back to porridge or yogurt now. I love cereal but think the good stuff is expensive. Lunches have been mostly salad leaves with sourdough and whatever topping is around. Suppers stir fry veg with whatever's in the freezer as I am trying to use things up. I made a lovely venison casserole last week. The weekend was cod baked in foil with the cheesy fries bought from the rtc section of Waitrose.

Yesterday I used the Heck vegan sausages also bought in the rtc section recently. I like Heck meat sausages very much. These are described as 'fusion' made with Fragrant Thai pesto, sweet potato and sticky rice. Sadly not very nice at all flavour or texture wise. I'm afraid I didn't finish what was on my plate and still have 3 left in the fridge. I am trying hard to think what an earth to do with them. I don't often throw food away but ....! They might whizz up into some kind of sauce (?).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 12th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Yesterday it was toast and hm curd for breakfast.
Poached egg with asparagus spears for lunch Supper was a lamb casserole stuff with vegetables with a jacket potato. Panna Cotta and fresh reaspberries afterwards.
Mr R had porridge for breakfast. Alsaace sausage in a bread roll for lunch with onion marmalade. Tonight it's asparagus risotto followed by blueberry oat crumble and custard.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 12th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Granola with fresh orange segments
HM courgette soup ( v bland )
M&S haddock baked in the oven with potato wedges and mushy peas :chops:
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 12th, 2019, 7:33 pm

Cereal first thing.

Thai noodles with an assortment of veg for lunch. I was a little too heavy with the lime though.

Dinner will be salmon and haddock fishcakes with hm tartare sauce, some oven skinny fries and a green salad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 12th, 2019, 8:14 pm

earthmaiden wrote: I am trying hard to think what an earth to do with them. I don't often throw food away but ....! They might whizz up into some kind of sauce (?).

Maybe remove from skin and mix with some pork mince, lemongrass and coriander and make meatballs in a broth with some noodles or patties and serve in pita bread with some salad leaves and a little sweet chilli sauce?
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 12th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Bread and butter for lunch :o
Our lovely neighborus invited for dinner and made us various spicy dishes, some grains home made bread, home made coleslaw. Then cheese. We took a platter of petit fours/mini fresh patsisserie.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop