What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 23rd, 2019, 7:18 pm

Haha that’s why I’ve never served a chocolate fondant , just a chocolate pudding , so if the middle is gooey, it’s just a happy coincidence!
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 23rd, 2019, 7:42 pm

Seems there are some lucky guests around tonight!

Breakfast was low fat peanut butter on sourdough with banana.
Lunchtime we went to Toby carvery at the request of GD. We were with DD (aunty) and it's not a place the two of us would ever choose but we managed not to have the plates over filled. I had turkey with veg, a potato and a Yorkshire pud. We did lots of walking this afternoon but I am still not hungry. Might have hot choc and a biscuit before bed.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 23rd, 2019, 8:01 pm

I had a nice lunch - new season asparagus with wild garlic veloute and breadcrumbs - this was a starter had instead of a main. Husband ordered flat bread and hummous but also chickpea and parmesan 'chips' some of which I had. Very nice indeed. Then, sticky toffee pudding. It's ages since we had lunch out and we didn't think we'd have a good one today, but it was.
Not sure what dinner is to be. Husband was going to cook (stuffed onions! His favourite.) But I had a nap and he forgot... :) Maybe tomorrow.
Last edited by Herbidacious on March 23rd, 2019, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 23rd, 2019, 9:48 pm

Gorgeous sounding food!

Herbidacious wrote:I had a nice lunch - new season asparagus with wild garlic veloute and breadcrumbs

Ooh I would definitely order that!

Last night we had fillet steaks with a herb butter, asparagus and sautéed potatoes. Lilia had fillet steak with asparagus, a fish finger and baked beans :shock: Quite possibly the worst version of surf and turf ever :lol:

Fruit, yoghurt and pastries for breakfast today.

Met OH’s dad and step mil for birthday lunch for OH. I had a seafood stew with crusty bread and rouille.

Just some strawberries and grapes this evening.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 23rd, 2019, 10:01 pm

Brekkie was a shared 3 egg omelette with the last of the truffle and a slice of brown toast - that was at 11am

Then, sorry it's sideways but it was delicious
IMG_0627.JPG
Wild Mushroom & Chestnut Suet Pudding, roast vegetables, crispy kale DF VE We proceeded this by....Chicken & black pudding terrine, piccalilli, toasted hazelnuts, toast and a Brixham Crab benedict, lemon hollandaise, garden shoots we shared half and half.

Went to a bijoux theatre in Corsham and saw a show.... I am now just about comfortable and shattered after an afternoon of gardening and shopping in Melksham.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 24th, 2019, 8:30 am

Mmmmmmmm, looks lovely :chops:

Breakfast: grilled mushrooms on toast
Lunch: a small cheese salad
Dinner: Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed carrots and spring cabbage, creamed cauli, stuffing and gravy followed by fresh fruit salad and cream :chops:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 24th, 2019, 8:51 am

Was that in Corsham zosh? (I'm assuming it wasn't at home). It looks great
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 24th, 2019, 12:29 pm

All sounds splendid... :chops:

Prettykiwicrazy, how did your chicken liver starter go? I would very much like to give that a try. :hungry:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 24th, 2019, 1:45 pm

We were meant to be entertaining friends for lunch but our friend was not well so I cooked the meal anyway and Mr R popped round with a take-away. Which was Boeuf Bourgigingnon with mash and green beans followed by a lemon and ginger cheesecake with berries. This was greatly enhanced by a 20 year old Baux de Provence which Mr R had hidden - even from him - in the cellar. I don't usually drink red wine but this was so good I simply had to :oops: :oops:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 24th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Ratatouille wrote:This was greatly enhanced by a 20 year old Baux de Provence

:tu: :D Deeply envious...
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 24th, 2019, 9:40 pm

Ratatouille wrote:We were meant to be entertaining friends for lunch but our friend was not well so I cooked the meal anyway and Mr R popped round with a take-away. Which was Boeuf Bourgigingnon with mash and green beans followed by a lemon and ginger cheesecake with berries. This was greatly enhanced by a 20 year old Baux de Provence which Mr R had hidden - even from him - in the cellar. I don't usually drink red wine but this was so good I simply had to :oops: :oops:

What a lovely gesture :hug:
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 25th, 2019, 12:21 am

I need to up my cooking and eating game, it's all very samey :rolleyes:

Saturday, went for breakfast and I had a lovely local bacon and egg barmcake (teacake/bun/bap/cob... depending where you're from!)
No lunch and tea was so terrible... ovened veggie burgers and wedges :cry:

Today, porridge with apple and pear.
Lunch was special chaat :drool: the "special" bit which made it different from samosa chaat was that it was based on smashed petish, kachori and aloo aloo tikki... so good!
Out for tea unexpectedly and I had cajun chicken with breaded king prawns, chips, salad and coleslaw.
Not remotely embarrassed to say we had some Indian snacks tonight too as I'd been to the south Indian veggie place today. Veg paneer "balls" :? , paneer pakora and spinach pakora with imli, tomato chutney and mint yoghurt.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 25th, 2019, 9:49 am

Seatallan wrote:All sounds splendid... :chops:

Prettykiwicrazy, how did your chicken liver starter go? I would very much like to give that a try. :hungry:

It was the best course I think Seatallen. Gorgeous, here is the recipe if you fancy giving it a go https://www.itv.com/saturdaymorning/sat ... s-on-toast
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 25th, 2019, 9:59 am

Sounds nice Prettykiwicrazy, I love chicken livers but have never combined them with cream. Everyone else's food sounds interesting too.

Yesterday for me. Breakfast: toast with a little melted cheese and a lot if tomato.Lunch: a gorgeous green smoothie whilst out. Supper: Cauliflower cheese with small amount of rice. Fruit.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 25th, 2019, 12:11 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:It was the best course I think Seatallen.

Recipe looks fab! Thanks most kindly Prettykiwicrazy. Mr S will love that and so will I. :luv: :hungry:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 25th, 2019, 2:13 pm

No worries , please let me know what you think of it :bounce:
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 25th, 2019, 4:49 pm

:tu: :D :wave:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 25th, 2019, 6:16 pm

EM sorry for a late reply....... Hope you can view the link as it has now past.......http://www.poundarts.org.uk/pound/Event ... rtid=10949 Sat. 23rd March Womans (pronounced Romans but with a 'W') It was very entertaining.

We have booked 22nd June to see thishttp://www.poundarts.org.uk/pound/E ... rtid=11084 The Hot Potato Sync.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 25th, 2019, 6:27 pm

You had that amazing food at the theatre?
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 25th, 2019, 8:40 pm

No, we ate at the Pear Tree Inn at Whitely, but the food at the theatre did look interesting.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 25th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Had a measly cereal bar for breakfast and NONE of the fruit which is still sat in my desk drawer :rolleyes:
A tuna, cheese and red onion panini for lunch.
Tea was supposed to be chicken based but the snacks from the Indian place were eyeing me up so I had a chapatti with smashed onion bhaji and kachori, tomato chutney, mint yoghurt and mixed pickle. Was more substantial than the snack I thought it would be really so have left it at that!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 26th, 2019, 7:56 am

Breakfast: porridge
Dinner: egg mayo sandwich thin
Dinner: grilled haddock, parsley sauce, garden peas and new potatoes roasted followed by a fruit yoghurt.
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 26th, 2019, 8:45 am

Ah zosh! I did wonder if it was there. It looked lovely.

Yesterday: Breakfast - toast and jam
Lunch: salad leaves, seafood sandwich filling (poor man's prawn cocktail :lol: ), a handful of crisps.
Later: half a posh cereal bar
Supper: stir fry veg, rice and fish fingers (not quite as planned but nice!). Blueberries.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 26th, 2019, 1:15 pm

Last night we had spiced roast lamb with saffron pilaf and a salad.

Tonight we’re having a dish out of a recent magazine - Sainsbury’s I think - of maple and soy chicken with shiitake mushrooms and pak choi, with noodles.

I’ve promised Lilia we can cook something after preschool later so we might bake some jam thumbprint biscuits.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 26th, 2019, 8:07 pm

On my own tonight and not really wanting cook, so single portion, French ingredient, cheat's lasagne; aubergine base, creme fraiche and emmental. It was actually really nice.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 27th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Yesterday dinner was chicken thighs roasted with harissa, peppers, onions and courgettes with some harissa and wild rice to soak in all the juices . I’ve forgotten how much more flavoursome chicken thighs are .

My greengrocer has three punnets of strawberries at the moment for £2.00 , so guess what I’m currently munching on . I picked up a fantastic offer from my butchers today . 1 smallish chicken , 8 sausages, 4 pork loin steaks, 4 rump steaks and 400g each of casserole steak, steak mince and diced chicken breasts all for £25. Am going to have steak tonight with corn on the cob , grilled peppers and a crunchy green and radish salad with aioli on the side and probably more strawberries :D
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 27th, 2019, 5:03 pm

That sounds like a great deal pkc

I went to the fishmongers today and bought shell on tiger prawns, squid and mussels for seafood tagliatelle for tonight’s dinner.

I also bought scallops to be seared and added on top of tomorrow nights bacon, leek, potato, chive and sweetcorn chowder.

Lots of fish and seafood at the moment as I also picked up eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast tomorrow with some lovely granary toast.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 27th, 2019, 5:16 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote:Yesterday dinner was chicken thighs roasted with harissa, peppers, onions and courgettes with some harissa and wild rice to soak in all the juices . I’ve forgotten how much more flavoursome chicken thighs are .

I do something very similar Prettykiwicrazy (and I so agree with you concerning chicken thighs :chops: ).
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 27th, 2019, 5:33 pm

Well, that all sounds delicious!
Yesterday was fruit & yogurt for breakfast, stir fry remains for lunch and a sort of cauliflower, veg and pasta cheese for supper (I have got milk to use up) - and fruit.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 27th, 2019, 11:13 pm

Prettykiwicrazy wrote: 1 smallish chicken , 8 sausages, 4 pork loin steaks, 4 rump steaks and 400g each of casserole steak, steak mince and diced chicken breasts all for £25

Wow, that is good
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 28th, 2019, 1:12 am

Yesterday was another pants, slightly squashed cereal bar for breakfast.
Lunch was half a polystyrene cup of very nice but rich mushroom soup and a baguette.
A banana.
I cooked 2 chicken breasts in an Asian style marinade and then couldn't decide what to do so left them and went out to shop. Upon my return, I made lots of noodles and veg and mixed all together with the chicken and more of the marinade boiled down to a dressing. Couldn't be bothered to eat it by that time though! So I just had the bit extra which wouldn't fit into takeaway tubs for lunches.

Today, I had a veggie sausage bagel thin with a spicy tomato chutney in the absence of ketchup (what sort of house is this?!)
Lunch was the chicken, noodles and veg and a coconut yoghurt.
Tea was the last of the veggie Indian place goodies... hakka noodles, manchurian, chilli paneer, rice, tomato chutney, mint yoghurt and mixed pickle. Delicious!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 28th, 2019, 8:02 am

Yesterday was some Cauli cheese remains for breakfast (I know!). A roll with hummus and salad bits for lunch, two pieces of lovely sticky baklava when friend came round and stir fried veg with jacket potato and hummus for supper. Then fresh fruit salad.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 28th, 2019, 11:05 am

Porridge with damson puree
Pastrami salad
Steak and ale pie with mashed potato and cabbage

And a slice of buttered malt loaf with my coffee after yoga.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 28th, 2019, 12:59 pm

I've just picked up 8 pigs' cheeks for £3.20, from Morrisons. I'll be casseroling them in a pint of cider, and all the other usual suspects, for at least 3 hours.
Gruney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 28th, 2019, 1:26 pm

We had an avocado, blue cheese and crispy pancetta salad for lunch, floowed by fresh pineapple.

Supper will be duck confit (special offer this morning) with Sarladaise potatoes and a green beans followed by faiselle and fresh raspberries.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » March 28th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Last night I just had baked feta with lemon oil and rosemary, and a slice of OH's bread maker bread on the side. (Loaf attempt no. 3. First one not to sink. Hurray!)
Lunch to day was a tempeh mixed box with a flat brad from Leather lane. One was an Indonesian curry, and the other 'cumin tempeh'. The tempeh man makes his own tempeh by hand using traditional methods he learned in Indonesia, apparently. The curries are made using only fresh ingredients and not pastes. (I have been looking at his website :) ) Very tasty indeed.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 29th, 2019, 1:41 pm

Yogurt and berries, depending on who was eating them for breakfast.

Tuna salad sandwich for lunch followed by an espresso and a square of chilli chocolate.

Prawn curry, not quite sure what sort yet with all the bits for supper
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 29th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Not so tempted by Wildie's food yesterday.

For me it was fruit & yogurt for breakfast, salad leaves, cherry tomatoes and a hummus roll for lunch and a rather nice smoked haddock ready meal with leftover stir fry veg for supper. Followed by the last of the baklava and coffee :chops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 29th, 2019, 5:15 pm

Tonight will be the steak pie we skipped last night when we decided we fancied a curry instead.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » March 30th, 2019, 1:08 pm

I had a lovely meal last night , out with the family. As we were having three courses, I started off light with a courgette fennel pecan and pomegranate salad with a balsamic dressing . Really light yet full of flavour. My main course was a spring green and garlic mushroom risotto. Risottos are one of my favourites and something I'll always give a second look to on a menu. Amused me though how a few people I was with queried why I ordered two vegetarian courses . Good food doesn't always have to contain meat or fish .

Dessert was a creme brûlée with orange shortbread . Creme brûlée is one of my favourite desserts , I'm a sucker for anything custardy. Back to earth with a bang today. Bought some M&S skinny burgers, which are very nice and will have with added cheese, salad and corn on the cob
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 30th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Breakfast: Bitesize shredded wheat with sliced banana and a splash of milk

Lunch: baked sweet potato with baked beans and a sprinkle of cheese

Dinner: Griddled lamb chop and salad followed by strawberries and cream
icelesley
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » March 30th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Popcorn at the cinema watching Dumbo last night followed by an excellent Indian take away. I had lamb saag and we shared various sides.

Smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and chives on sourdough this morning. Coffee and biscuit out and about this afternoon. Dinner will be risotto with scallops and bacon. Then tonight I’m going out out!!! With pregnancy and breast feeding I’ve not had more than 2 alcoholic drinks in one night since last May so tonight will be interesting :D I’ve not timed it well with losing an hours sleep either.

Lovely OH has asked what Mother’s Day breakfast I’d like tomorrow and I’ve chosen a Texan taco dish of chorizo, scrambled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, coriander, chilli sauce and sour cream in a flour tortilla. I think I’ll need it :lol:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 31st, 2019, 7:05 am

Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: scrambled egg on toast
Dinner: Roast beef, Yorkshire spud, steamed cabbage and carrots, creamed cauliflower and gravy followed by strawberries and raspberries with Cream washed down with a bottle of red wine :chops: well it is Mothering Sunday :D :D
icelesley
Registered

Postby EmWilk » March 31st, 2019, 11:01 am

We've been away this weekend to a cottage in Cheshire, 8 of us plus Leo.
Friday I had a chicken salad sandwich before we went.
Dad had made a chicken curry with all the sides for tea.

Saturday, i had bacon and scrambled egg on toast plus jam on toast.
We went to Chester zoo but didn't eat other than an ice cream.
Tea was easy oven baked meals from a really good catering/bakery style place near home. There was a lasagne, a hotpot, garlic bread and lots of snacks.

Bacon and scrambled egg on toast again this morning.
We're going for a family meal later at a place which does nothing for me but my grandma likes it. It's a traditional country pub with nicely cooked food but it's just a bit boring. Still, it's more about the company.
That's at 3 so think I'll just snack on some of my traditional mother's day Ferrero Rocher until then :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 31st, 2019, 1:11 pm

Yesterday we had crumpets and marmalade after the market
Pate from the butchers, radishes, chutney and cornichons for lunch.
Supper was a cold poached chicken with green asparagus with an egg vinaigrette and gorgeous new potatoes, which cost more than the asparagus.

Today our children arranged and paid for lunch at our friend's restaurant, It was utter bliss.
First course was a foie gras terine layered with baby violet artichokes and an artichoke puree
Main was a fillet of line caught pollack -lieu jaune in French. Perfectly cooked and on a bed of spring vegetables in a morel and white wine sauce. There were broccoli, peas, broad beans, carrots, baby fennel and artichokes.
Dessert for me was a sable biscuit with a calvados flavoured mousse topped with slow cooked apple which had carameised into a gel almost. all held together with almost transparent tuilles and served with a caramel and sea salt ice cream. I was so silent for 10 minutes that Mr R thought I had had a seizure. It was just so good :chops:
Last edited by Ratatouille on March 31st, 2019, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » March 31st, 2019, 1:30 pm

Ratatouille wrote:Yesterday we had crumpets and marmalade after the market
Pate from the butchers, radishes, chutney and cornichons for lunch.
Supper was a cold poached chicken with green asparagus with an egg vinaigrette and gorgeous new potatoes, which cost more than the asparagus.

Today our children arranged and paid for lunch at our friend's restaurant, It was utter bliss.
First course was a foi gras treeine layered with baby violet artichokes and an artichoke puree
Main was a fillet of line caught poolack -lieu jaune in French. Perfectly cooked and on a bed of spring vegetables in a morel and white wine sauce. There were broccoli, peas, broad beans, carrots, baby fennel and artichokes.
Dessert for me was a sable biscuit with a calvados flavoured mousse topped with slow cooked apple which had carameised into a gel almost. all held together with almost transparent tuilles and served with a caramel and sea salt ice cream. I was so silent for 10 minutes that Mr R thought I had had a seizure. It was just so good :chops:

How wonderful. Happy Mother's day xx
Catherine
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 31st, 2019, 2:06 pm

That sounds amazing Rats.
I rarely order a pudding but I would enjoy that one.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 31st, 2019, 2:21 pm

You would have liked his too, it was a really thin crisp tube filled with chocolate and orange ganache with a blood orange sorbet.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 31st, 2019, 3:22 pm

Flipping Heck, Rats, I'm on the next plane.... :chops: :hungry: :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Rocky » March 31st, 2019, 8:48 pm

Happy Mothering Sunday to all the mums. OMCO - did you survive the night out?

I’ve had a disgraceful eating history recently. I think I said OH was going to the UK to speak to a surgeon and was due back early this week - but they can operate tomorrow so has has stayed - and can’t fly for six weeks so rather than a five day separation....

I have badly just been sociable instead. Monday was the reopening of a new bar - I went for one and had a couple of amazing canapés including a beef tartare with a truffle foam. So no dinner. On Tuesday I had been invited to a friend for roast chicken and with roasted veg. Wednesday I had roti for lunch and then met a friend for a quick drink after lunch and wasn’t hungry enough to cook. On Thursday we had work drinks which went on late so by the time I met the friend I was meeting for dinner I wasn’t hungry. Friday was lovely - invited to some friends for a huge array of curries. We went early as lots of kids involved but ended up dancing and didn’t get to bed until 2 :shock: Slow morning yesterday as a result - then met a friend who was leaving at a really cool beach restaurant near the airport and had the most amazing seared tuna with Asian salad. Too tired for dinner. Today I was invited to friends to watch the F1 and have bacon sarnies. Offered to look after some friends kids on the beach in the afternoon so no lunch. Trying to decide what might be easy for dinner.

I need another weekend - I’m more of an introvert than extrovert so no idea why I cram my days so much when OH is away.

Please think of him - they are doing a fairly major piece of work on his back at 2pm UK time tomorrow.....
Rocky
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop