What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 10th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Yesterday I had a really nice dinner of portabella mushrooms stuffed with st agur and topped with parsley garlic breadcrumbs. I had a salad with balsamic dressing on the side and new potatoes roasted with garlic, helped to keep the vampires away

Tonight I'm going to grill a ranch steak from Marks tonight with th one of their salads. It's courgettes , green beans and almonds with a tahini dressing . If it's any good, will try and replicate myself
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 10th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Catherine wrote:Worth getting another ham hock

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/finnish_pea_soup_71758

Thanks! After the two ideas the other day there was still a tiny bit left so it went into a gratin last night with some other bits that needed using up...layered potato, ham hock, sliced onion, chives, sliced portobello mushrooms and lots of butter, seasoning and double cream. We had it with sausages, green beans and a dollop of Dijon mustard.

Pastries and coffee at a farm shop this morning on the way to yet another national trust place for a Cinderella event. Ice creams in the sunshine and then Pizza Express where I shared the caprese and barbecoa pizzas with OH, with a side of the chilli broccoli.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 10th, 2019, 9:14 pm

A week almost, I'm rubbish at updating!

Any good food over the last week...? Hmmm.
Went out to eat Friday night at a bizarre place which offered sizzling platters which came with triple carbs as standard - very odd. Choice of meat, veg, chips and rice then a choice of noodles or pasta :? And choice of sauce. So strange!

Nice cake for lunch on Saturday at a local favourite.
Don't recall tea.

Breakfast at a farm shop on Sunday was ok. Tea in the evening was ham and veg fried rice, dumplings and kimchi.

Monday, we had takeaway tea of pizza and moussaka... very nice!

Last night I went out AGAIN for tea with a friend to a thai place. We had mixed starter, yellow curry, beef pad kapow and sticky rice. We also went for dessert and shared a huge waffle :oops:

Tea tonight had been lovely... quorn meatball and pasta cake. OH and I are fighting for the leftovers for tomorrow :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » April 11th, 2019, 6:20 am

Breakfast: porridge

Lunch: ham salad sandwich thin

Dinner: broccoli macaroni cheese (another SW mag recipe) with salad followed by a fruit yoghurt
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 11th, 2019, 6:51 am

Yesterday:
Breakfast: yogurt & fruit with handful of granola
Lunch: salad with a couple of dough balls and cheese cubes. An orange
Supper: The remains of yesterday's meatballs with jacket potato & veg. Biscuit.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 11th, 2019, 7:29 am

Last night I had ravioli with goats curd, with wild garlic, asparagus and pecorino. Delicious.
Dessert was an almond tart which had a lovely crusty, slightly chewy, slightly crystaline (?) top servee with poached English rhubarb and clotted cream. Again, very good. I have not had such nice food in ages.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 11th, 2019, 5:46 pm

Poached rhubarb and clotted cream sounds divine. I adore rhubarb. The ranch steaks were lovely , slightly chewy but full of flavour. The salad too was very good .

Tonight dinner was chorizo pasta with a mixed veg sauce to use up all the veg loafing in the veg drawer. Strawberries and squidgy cream for Pud at work. Wish it was clotted cream though
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 11th, 2019, 7:06 pm

It was! My rhubarb in the garden seems to be coming on ok. I put manure down a few weeks ago. i should be able to harvest some, well now, really.

I had lunch in the Modern Pantry today. I had a small plate - swede (?! but it was ok) and smoked mozarella fritters with... other things. A drizzle of yoghurt and no doubt some ingredients that I might not have even heard of. Very good. To follow was a milk chocolate mousse encased in chocolate with some interesting ice cream, some popcorn drizzled with something (turmeric may have been involved)... interesing., and something else interesting and crumb-like scattered on top. Wish I could be less vague. They don't publish up to date menus on their web site.

It was all delicious as always.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 11th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Breakfast: Ryvita and cheese
Elevenses (out): Toasted teacake
Lunch (out): a very nice red lentil burger with hummous topping and salad
Supper: Egg and beans with a ryvita. One excruciatingly sweet chocolate truffle (with other things in it too) from a pack given to me recently.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » April 12th, 2019, 7:23 am

Breakfast: toast

Lunch: ham sandwich thin

Dinner: meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce and linguine followed by shop bought limoncello pud (OH requested it)
icelesley
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 12th, 2019, 8:57 am

Last night we had smoked haddock baked with spinach and cheese sauce with asparagus and new potatoes.

Breakfast this morning was baked spiced apple and pear porridge with yoghurt and berries.

We’re going to the cinema this afternoon so will probably have popcorn.

We’ve got friends round tonight. Starter will be grilled peaches with buffalo mozzarella and prosciutto with rocket. Main will be slow roast shoulder of lamb with a herby, spiced pilaf with pine nuts and pomegranate. Probably a green salad too. Dessert will either be eton mess or treacle tart...I might let all of the children decide when we’re at the cinema. My guess is they’ll go for Eton mess.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 12th, 2019, 12:47 pm

Lunch was brown cap mushrooms cooked with garlic and a bit of cream and lots of parsley on soughdough toast followed by what was descibed as a sweet manderine but had a strange name which neither of us can remember. Very nice though.

Tonight i have some sea bream fillets which I'll cook in the oven with sliced lemons, olive oil and fresh herbs. I;ll serve theem with mange-tout and fresh peas and some new potatoes.
Baked rhubarb with pomegranate mollases ( known as mole bottoms in this house :oops: ) and some strawberries.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 12th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Ratatouille wrote: followed by what was descibed as a sweet manderine but had a strange name which neither of us can remember. Very nice though.

Could it have been a Mandelo Rats?
Catherine
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 13th, 2019, 8:43 pm

Cereal at 5am :shock: No idea why I was awake so early, neither child woke until 7.30 :rolleyes:

Pastries and coffee at Lilia’s dance class.

Dinner was hake, chorizo & tomatoes served with patatas bravas and a salad. In the fishmongers Lilia spotted the ready prepared coquille st jacques and asked for that instead of what we were having so she had that with peas and lemon. I think this child is going to cost us a fortune :shock: :D Dessert was strawberries with warm chocolate sauce for dipping.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 13th, 2019, 10:12 pm

Lilia sounds amazing! Leo is likely to cost us very little at this rate :rolleyes: :cry: we'll get there!

More eating out over here...
Thursday we went to a newish place called The Otter's Pocket which serves just pies (and accompaniments). Very northern! I had an "Alreet Cha" which, as a phrase, makes complete sense to me but probably noone else on the board and, as a pie, pretty much the same! :lol: It was a butter pie which I think I may have mentioned here a time or two :oops: . A very Preston thing. The pie was great, the colcannon decent, the gravy good and the veg a bit of a poor do but its another ticked off the list at least.

Friday, nature valley bar.
KFC for lunch :oops:
Tea was salt n pepper tofu with beautiful veg noodles.

Today, veg sausage, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast.
Some snacks on the train... veg sushi, veggie sausage rolls.
We went to see West Side Story - so amazing!!
Ate (and drank) at the alchemist after... steamed pork buns and duck spring rolls to share and then I had crispy pork belly báhn mì.
Choc brownie bites on the train home.
Phewwww what a day!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby icelesley » April 14th, 2019, 7:04 am

Breakfast: toast

Lunch: soup

Dinner: Roast chicken, roast potatoes, steamed sprouts and carrots, creamed cauliflower, gravy and stuffing followed by strawberries and raspberries with cream.
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 14th, 2019, 2:22 pm

We had friends to lunch today and I wanted to serve a menu which celebrated spring.

Starter; Coupe "Caprice" and olf Robert Carrier recipe with prawns and the first melon of the season in a sort of Marie Rose dressing with added herbs and finely chopped peppers. I served it with rye bread

Main: Navarin d'agneau (lamb) printanier - with 7 spring vegetables. Brilliant one pot dish, one of my all time favourites. Aparrt form the lamb(de-boned shoulder) there were baby carrots and turnips, new potatoes and onions, tomatoes , fresh peas and green beans all cooked in a white wine and stock and finished with loads of fresh herbs

Cheese was brebious sheep form the Pyranees, St Nectaire and Langioule

Dessert: Walnut and strawberry gateau. Which is something I have made every year for as long as I can remember. Basically a fatless sponge with chopped walnuts and coffee essence (or just ristreto espresso in this case), split into 3 and layered with whipped cream and sliced strawberries and topped with even more cream and some whole berries. Haaving said that it is extremely light
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 14th, 2019, 2:44 pm

The gateau sounds delicious Rats and something we would have on a hot June day with tea in the garden here! Lovely to see Lilia so adventurous with food OMCO. GD seems to be getting a little fussier but not too bad all the same (never met a child before who eats the fish and leaves the crumb when served fish fingers! I just cook white fish now!).

Last few days have been fruit, yog & cereal for breakfast, Ryvita with cheese & salady things for lunch and stir fried veg with rice for supper, one day with beetroot & goats cheese risotto balls and the next soy and lime marinated salmon. Fruit has been mainly pineapple and oranges I bought a huge pineapple the other day.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 14th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Today, I had bacon, mushrooms and egg on toast for breakfast.
Lunch was late-ish at a south American cafe where I had a Bauru sandwich (roast beef, tomatoes, pickles and mozzarella). Left the crisps in an amazing feat of willpower (not for healthy reasons but I gave them up for lent and it's really getting to me now :lol: ).
Pinched some of Leo's corn pancakes though.

Was going to make tea but ended up doing a mammoth food prep session: cheese and onion frittata; jerk chicken breast, soy and miso chicken breast, roasted tomatoes, roasted peppers/courgette/onion and a pineapple, chilli, tomato, spring onion, coriander, lime kinda salsa which will be mixed into rice, beans and the chopped jerk chicken.
Fritatta and roast tomatoes will be for breakfasts.
Everything is in the oven now so I may have a small amount of the Asian chicken with some leftover noodles which are in the fridge.
I WILL have a healthy week!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 15th, 2019, 9:17 pm

Food prep paid off, I stuck at it all day...
Fritatta and roast toms for breakfast.
Cereal bars for snacks.
Lunch was jerk chicken, rice, beans, veg and salsa mix up.
Had a friend round for tea and we had a tomatoey, vegetable and quorn, vaguely Mexican sort of dish; mexican rice, charred corn, paprika chips and a bit of halloumi. Lots of food but very nice (and healthy).
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 15th, 2019, 10:11 pm

Well done em! Sounds lovely.

Breakfast: fruit & yogurt.
Lunch: Cheat's prawn cocktail (the sandwich filling) with ryvita
Supper: salmon, salad & rice eaten very quickly between work and meeting.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 16th, 2019, 8:22 am

I often mean to do the food prep thing Emma!

On Sunday we started the day with kedgeree. We shared some date, pecan and toffee cake at a garden centre in the afternoon. Dinner was lovely roast chicken with garlic, thyme and rosemary. Sides were roast potatoes, steamed carrots and buttered savoy cabbage.

Last night we used leftover shredded chicken to make chicken pot pie soup which appeared on a blog last week.

We’re going on a picnic today with my sister, nephew and niece. We’re taking savoury corn, tomato, cheddar and spring onion muffins. Plus sliced ham, apples and rice crispy cakes.

Dinner will be out with family for my dads birthday.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 16th, 2019, 9:26 am

Yesterday I just had a banana and a bowl of cereal during the day. Dinner was a pizza - home grown roast tomato sauce, dollops of smoked paprika paste, capers, sweetcorn, Emmental, Cheddar and mozzarella, oregano, garlic seasoning. It was very tasty. (The sauce, from the freezer, especially so. Certainly enough to motivate me to growing some tomatoes if I need that motivation.) And then, because I had to before they went stale, a scone with Bon Maman strawberry jam and clotted cream.
Last edited by Herbidacious on April 17th, 2019, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 16th, 2019, 7:31 pm

Hope the picnic went well OMCO!

Very rushed here today both with preparation and time to eat.
Breakfast: fruit, yogurt & cereal
Lunch: more Ryvita and fake prawn cocktail. Cherry tomatoes.
A banana on the way home.
Supper used up some milk, veg and 'chicken' I had by adding everything to a Bechamel style sauce (or perhaps piquant white sauce would be a better description!) and enjoying it whilst watching yesterday's Only Connect. The chicken, wraped in foil, had lost its label and when I opened it I found delicious succulent slices of turkey from Christmas rather than the scraps from the end of a chicken I had expected. There is some left :chops:. Just as well as I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel to find things to take to work tomorrow!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 16th, 2019, 9:03 pm

That pizza sounds lovely Herbi!!

Breakfast was granola and yoghurt and lunch was a ham and mustard roll and a bag of maltesers buttons ! Had a pretty nice dinner of lamb leg steaks cooked fast and hot so still pink in the middle . I roasted some aubergine and sweet potato with cumin and coriander , mixed with couscous cooked in chicken stock, tomatoes and rocket . Some harissa yoghurt on the side.

Unfortunately was looking forward to some raspberries and cream for after but half the punnet had gone off. Why do they go off so quickly.
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 16th, 2019, 9:57 pm

Another decent day...
Fritatta and roasted tomatoes again.
Lunch was leftover quorn, rice, halloumi and corn.
Everyone was bought an Easter egg and I resisted and snacked on cereal bars (aldi version of alpen light) instead.
Although I did sample a small amount of jalapeno pretzels and half an onion bhaji from a great local place and both were absolutely worth it!
Tea has been quorn bolognese pasta bake with broccoli and again, resisted the chocs!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 17th, 2019, 5:53 am

Hi all. Gorgeous sounding food. I think I can think as far back as Friday (when I left home to go to UK to see lovely OH after three and a half weeks apart. I had salad for lunch and on the plan actually had quite a nice chicken wrapped in bacon thing. Lunch at OH’s parents’ house was cold cuts, Pate and salad. OH managed a little walk to the pub afterwards which was his first time out since the op. Dinner was out and I had scallops with a pesto drizzle and bream for main. On Sunday we headed to London for a few days just us and I had a chicken and bacon salad for lunch. Dinner was at a Vietnamese place and we had various salads and some great rice pancake things filled with meat and herbs. On Monday I had the most amazing beef and ale pie for lunch with greens. Dinner was at a Japanese place and had mixed sushi and sashimi, some tempura and something else I can’t remember :shock:

Yesterday was a bit odd. On Monday I had had the news that my mum was in a big cycling accident (in fact on Friday but no one had told me!) and was in hospital with a shattered pelvis and femur so I leapt on a plane and doing a tour of Europe’s airports I arrived in Montpellier late afternoon, had three hours at the hospital with her and then back to her house where my stepdad produced an array of meats, cheeses, pate, savory pastries and a bottle of red.

I am going to the local supermarket today to stock up for mum and try to fill the fridge and freezer with food she might fancy. She may be released from hospital today in which case dinner will be bits and pieces that might be tempting. I am also going to make various veggie chilies etc.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 17th, 2019, 7:31 am

Oh deaar Rocky. I hope she's not in too much pain. Fingers crossed re discharge.

If it's not inappropriate to say at this point, I will be flying to Montpellier for a short holiday in July.

Food: last night I had nachos for dinner! Not really proper dinner. The muesli for 'dessert'! I was too tired to cook.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 17th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Lordy Rocky, not what you needed so soon after Mr Rocky's op... hope she makes a swift recovery.. :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 17th, 2019, 1:02 pm

Herb - Montpellier is lovely as is the area around. Shout if you want recs.

I have made aubergine and lentil chilli, chicken chilli and a tomato sauce to go with fish. And we have bits. Will see what she might fancy....
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 17th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Oh dear Rocky I do hope your mum makes a good and speedy recovery. I know the hospital in Montpellier has an excellent reputation, a couple of our neighbours have been treated there. They chose to go there despite the distance from here.

Good for you to jump into the breech with such tasty food :luv: :luv: Take care of yorself too.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 17th, 2019, 8:06 pm

Gosh Rocky, not the trip you expected. Good to hear that your OH is moving about and I suppose good that you were in Europe, although very sad. Astounded that your mother might be released from hospital so soon but guess it's a good sign. :hug:

Rubbish diet today, busy at work and too tired to bother much when I got home.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 17th, 2019, 8:37 pm

Oh Rocky, what a shame, hope she's ok. Am I right in thinking it's not that long since your mum had another cycling accident? Best wishes to her and your OH too.

Fritatta again for breakfast, that's it all gine for the week now.
Lunch was the last of the Spanishy quorn and rice.
A graze punnet as a snack and an apple.
Tea was salmon coated in green tea leaves, miso roasted aubergines, loads of veg dressed in chilli miso soy etc Asian kinda dressing and rice.
Earl grey and a Ferrero Rocher to end the day!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 18th, 2019, 12:01 am

EmWilk wrote:Tea was salmon coated in green tea leaves, miso roasted aubergines, loads of veg dressed in chilli miso soy etc Asian kinda dressing and rice.

Oooh that sounds lovely Emma

Rocky - nothing like being kept on your toes. Hope all concerned make a speedy recovery
Catherine
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 18th, 2019, 7:50 am

EmWilk wrote: Am I right in thinking it's not that long since your mum had another cycling accident?

That's what I was thinking. Didn't she have an encounter with a deer or something?
Seatallan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » April 18th, 2019, 7:55 am

Seatallan wrote:That's what I was thinking. Didn't she have an encounter with a deer or something?

I think so as well. It sounds awful poor woman, I hope that she is up and about soon.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 18th, 2019, 8:55 am

Well remembered. She was attacked by a deer whilst out cycling about 18 months ago and had to have 40 odd stitches in her leg... We have suggested she takes up another sport!

She came home yesterday and I made on of the portions of veggie chilli into a soup. We might have salmon tonight. She is a bit out of it but lovely I can be here to help. Back to the UK tomorrow for a couple of days to look after OH then back home - for a rest :lol:
Rocky
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 18th, 2019, 1:35 pm

I took some supposed pork chops out of the freezer yesterday , M bought them a couple of weeks ago and I just wrote in the butcher's wrapping and popped them in a freezer bag and stuck them in the freezer. When I unwrapped them they were not pork chops they were , I think shoulder, what they called echine here so it hadd to be a swift plan B. I seasoned them and bowned them. then I softened some onions and garlic then added smoked paprika then added a gluck of white wine, a with some steamed spinach - very clourful anyway!a tin of chopped tomato and some fresh origano then let them cook until nearly tender before adding a jar of butter beans. They were rather good .

However the butcher will get a bit of an earful next time I see him
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » April 18th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Rocky wrote:We have suggested she takes up another sport!

Good idea! Tiddlywinks or something (though knowing your mum, she'll find some way of having a random Tiddlywink-related accident... ;)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 18th, 2019, 4:54 pm

Seatallan wrote:Good idea! Tiddlywinks or something (though knowing your mum, she'll find some way of having a random Tiddlywink-related accident...

Tiddlywinks jump, she might take her eye out :P
Catherine
Registered

Postby miss mouse » April 18th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Rocky wrote:Well remembered. She was attacked by a deer whilst out cycling about 18 months ago and had to have 40 odd stitches in her leg... We have suggested she takes up another sport!

She came home yesterday and I made on of the portions of veggie chilli into a soup. We might have salmon tonight. She is a bit out of it but lovely I can be here to help. Back to the UK tomorrow for a couple of days to look after OH then back home - for a rest :lol:

Hmm. I am doubtful about the benefits of sport.
Wow re "She came home yesterday". Wow.

" She is a bit out of it" I am not at all surprised. Very traumatic stuff. I am not convinced that all this quick hospital discharge is a good thing, it is a big step.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 19th, 2019, 8:27 am

Maybe just cycle somewhere safer? Maybe that's not possible. She must be super fit.

Would love some Montpellier tips, Rocky. I could start a thread. I know there is a *lot* to do round there, which is why I chose it. We only have a week, alas.

Last night for dinner I had sweet potato slices roasted in a combination of smoked rapeseed oil and Puglian olive oil. Had these with a home-constructed smoked paprika and s-d tom mayo. Waitrose barrel aged feta (I mention the brand because it's really very good. Best feta I have had in the UK) with a drizzle of lemon oil, some torn wild garlic leaf, pine nuts.

I then had a slice of husband's freshly made bread with strawberry jam.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 19th, 2019, 8:53 am

Gosh Rocky, what a busy time!

Herbi, I know you didn't have it yesterday but do you buy or make smoked butter?

Yesterday was fruit, yog and granola for brunch then later a rtc spaghetti & meatballs (58p!) from M&S and rtc garlic bread. Then an orange and (very naughty on Maundy Thursday) a couple of mini choc eggs.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 19th, 2019, 9:15 am

I have been buying it, EM. There are some people who smoke in south London, and sell it on the Crystal Palace farmer's market. (We have beenknown to chat about smoking when I buy it :) ). I should have a go making it myself with my smoking gun, but the smoked butter they sell is so good, and lasts so long, it would just be as an experimenty. (I don't think the smokiness of smoking gun butter would endure like the smokiness of this butter does.)

If there is a meet up, I can bring you some.

Or

https://www.londonsmokeandcure.co.uk/sh ... and+Butter
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 19th, 2019, 10:06 am

Thank you - it sounds very nice!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » April 19th, 2019, 11:02 pm

Hope she's ok Rocky. And OH. And you!!

Thursday was a replacement for fat Friday at work. I had a nature valley bar in the morning.
Lunch was a rubbish cheese salad "oval" from greggs and a chicken bake.
Bit of chocolate in the afternoon.
Out for tea and had nachos to start then grilled chicken breast chunks in a spiced sauce, chips and salad.

Today, toast and jam late morning after a nice lie in.
A vegan sausage roll somewhere in the day.
Traditional good Friday chippy tea later... fish, chips, peas and gravy (because I'm northern) with bread and butter.

I'm not sending the healthiest of weekends!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » April 20th, 2019, 10:30 am

Crumpet with cheese
Sausage and onion sandwich
Rib eye with new potatoes and salad.

Could be worse I suppose.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » April 20th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Gosh Rocky, what a time you're having at the moment. I hope they both recover ok. Look after yourself too!

Yesterday we had a gorgeous family late lunch at a favourite restaurant for my dads birthday. The doors at the back of the restaurant were all open to the terrace and the food and drink were top class. It was one of those lovely summery meals where lunch extends for hours. Anyway...I had a frito misto to start, lobster ravioli for main and affogato with espresso and tia maria for dessert. A little stilton in the garden with a game of French boules when we got home 8-)

Brunch out of eggs on toast this morning. Now prepping for tomorrow when we have 20 odd round for the afternoon. Not sure about dinner tonight, we might have an Asian spiced beef salad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 20th, 2019, 12:55 pm

That sounds absolutely delicious OMCO.

We are out tomorrow but today we had hot x buns for breakfast

For lunch we had pains bagnat and a small scoop of apricot sorbet afterwards.
Tonight it's to be devilled crab with fried ripe plantains followed by strawberries
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » April 20th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Wow. Aren’t you all so lovely and supportive. I was so so pleased to be there to see her home and to fill the fridge and freezer. Also managed to persuade her to let me do some cleaning! Her main risk now is that she will be too fierce and try to recover too quickly. Tiddlywinks not quite energetic enough for her but good plan!

I am enjoying this amazing UK weather with OH who is now up to walking a couple of miles at a time. We are in Oxford and it is glorious. Have been doing longish slow walks. Dinner last night was duck ragu with papardelle. Delicious. Lunch today in the river was beetroot and goat cheese salad.. lovely just to be together!
Rocky
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop