What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby earthmaiden » May 21st, 2019, 3:18 pm

Yesterday I had egg, beans and puffs for brunch and beige buffet food (including 2 cherry tomatoes) at funeral. I didn't finish the brunch so had the rest at 10pm after an evening meeting.
(You can see why I haven't been here lately!).
Today was fruit & yogurt for breakfast then after visiting M&S for rtc things lunch was salmon pate with salad and oat cakes and supper will be pizza and salad.
I've just volunteered to cover a shift at work tomorrow. I had planned to go shopping. The only thing I think I can rustle up to take for lunch is egg salad and oat cakes. They'll have to put up with smelly egg :lol:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 22nd, 2019, 10:31 pm

Monday I had a "healthy" bacon sandwich for for breakfast ie grilled bacon medallions on one slice of wholemeal bread.
Lunch was a completely unhealthy chicken strip type meal from McDonalds... don't ask!
Tea was pasta with a sauce of bacon, mushroom, onion, tomato, cream cheese, herbs & chilli.

Tuesday, 2 cereal bars and a banana for breakfast.
Leftover pasta (very small amount in my defence!) And a vegan sausage roll for lunch.
Tea was halloumi, peppers, red onion and courgette all griddle then drizzled, in the pan, with a harissa, lemon and parsley mix. All served with lemony bulgur wheat.

Breakfast of a banana butty today.
Lunch was leftover bulgur, etc with a bit of garlic bread and some nachos.
Tea has been piri piri chicken, spicy rice, chips, griddled peppers and onions, charred corn of the cob and guacamole.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 23rd, 2019, 9:03 am

The week reached rock bottom yesterday but from today I am on a healthy eating regime (honest!).
Yesterday was fruit & yog for breakfast, salad egg and oat cakes for lunch. Had virtually no sleep the night before and got stuck in traffic on the way home so really didn't want to go shopping and went to Macdonalds and had a Chicken Legend meal instead - deciding to end recent bad eating habits with a bang :lol:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 23rd, 2019, 10:21 am

Yep. Last night I had the last bit of the jalapeno cornbread with salsa, then my other religieuse. Nice but not healthy. (Lunch was a bowl of cereal. Again.)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 23rd, 2019, 1:26 pm

I made a moussaka last night which was very good and enough left to popa couple of portion in the freezer. I cooked 3 grain rice to serve with it so the hens had an extra treat too. I made a quick apple tarte fine for afters because I had some spare puff pastry.

Lunch was a tuna salad roll. I have discovered some new multigrain pan bagna type rolls which make very nice quick lunch time goodies

Mr R has requested I use the rest of the lamb to make a kashmiri curry so I've made naan bread annd some raitas and salads. Strawberries for dessert
Last edited by Ratatouille on May 24th, 2019, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 23rd, 2019, 10:22 pm

Today, I had cereal bars for breakfast.
Lunch was leftover chicken, rice and veg.
For tea, we tried a place we've wanted to for ages. It's a pub which has a proper pizza oven and supposedly does fantastic pizzas. It does! We got a delivery and they were still fab. I had pulled, smoked gammon and pineapple. OH had carbonara which had a white sauce base, pancetta, garlic, mushrooms and rocket. Garlic bread with tomato was also great.

I'm fasting tomorrow with some people from work. I'm worried! But we're going out for iftar at night so that'll be nice. It'll be a long day!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 24th, 2019, 6:34 am

Yesterday, muesli for lunch. No snacks. No breakfast Dinner was a bowl of Thai red curry with mushrooms, tofu, cashew nuts and peas. I have been doing this sort of thing all week. And have I lost weight? Non. Pas de tout. I am now worried that if I eat more I will put on weight.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Luca » May 25th, 2019, 1:22 pm

Breakfast is almost invariably eggs or yoghourt, seeds, nuts, fresh fruit and honey plus a large pot of Greek mountain tea. Lunch today was grilled salmon, stir fried broccoli and garlic and a touch of soy sauce. For supper I'm invited for fish and chips with some neighbours which I haven't had for ages. Snacks such as fresh fruit, dried fruit and nuts plus salad with evoo and lemon.
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 25th, 2019, 5:34 pm

I've had some truly wonderful food on the Scilly Isles in the last week...lots of crab, lobster and seafood. Breakfast omelettes with foraged wild garlic and island asparagus. Take away paella eaten on 'our' beach with family and new friends. Breakfast bbqs on the beach consisting of sausage sandwiches and mimosas. Kayaking to another island for an
for one of the best ice creams I've had...peanut and caramel I think it was. Loads of other lovely food that I cant remember! So sad to leave that beautiful place for another year.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 25th, 2019, 6:51 pm

Oooh sounds amazing Emma!

The fast yesterday was TOUGH! Jeepers, I couldn't do that for 30 days!
I went to the south Indian veggie place and collected food to have at home for iftar at 9:20. I didnt actually eat much at all but picked at samosa chaat, hakka noodles, chilli paneer and gobi manchurian. Plus 2 pints of squash :lol:

Today, I went for breakfast and had bacon on toast, a cappuccino and a pot of earl grey.
Been at a local steam fair all day which was great but I forgot about food (for me)!
Pinched a couple of choc buttons en route home.
I've just had a piece of toast with Leo before his bed and will have more of the veggie Indian dishes for tea along with some of the savoury snacks and chutneys I got whilst I was there.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 25th, 2019, 7:24 pm

a slice of toast and spread
4 Linda McCartney in a paprika tomato sauce with a bit of smoked mozarella. Some parmesan
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 25th, 2019, 7:47 pm

That sounds wonderful OMCO.

em - I think the fast gets easier after a few days.

Yesterday I had brunch of egg, puffs and beans and later had chicken with a veg/grain mix and extra veg followed by fruit & yogurt.
Today was fruit & yogurt breakfast, Chickpea & veg soup for lunch and chicken with couscous and veg for supper with fruit afterwards.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Busybee » May 25th, 2019, 9:02 pm

EM, I keep meaning to ask you - what are puffs that you have for brunch? It’s not a term I’m familiar with.

Thanks BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 26th, 2019, 8:58 am

No, you won't be ;). They are what my mother sometimes made to go with a fried egg if there wasn't enough bread and that's what they were known as. I don't have bread very often so they are very naughty and defeat the object of trying not to eat it :). You add salt to SR flour and mix with enough water to make a dropping consistency. You then drop dollops into a hot pan and cook both sides until done - they're a sort of flatbread. Best cooked in plenty of hot fat/oil where they really puff up and taste delicious but I usually do more of a dry fry to be slightly less wicked! A real comfort food to me with so many memories.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rocky » May 26th, 2019, 10:08 am

Sounds lovely OMCO! I posted last night and it didn’t work. Grrr. Thursday was out and I had seafood linguine. Friday we had friends over and I made a couple of curries - one pork mince and chickpea and a spinach and lentil. We had rice, chutnies and other bits. Yesterday was all about curry! I had some leftovers for breakfast. Out for lunch and had a roti as I heard that the lady that cooks the best West Indian chicken curry in the world had started working there and it was truly delicious! Couldn’t be bothered to go to the shops so dinner was leftover curry..... We have been invited out for brunch and I think OH is planning some sort of one pot chicken thing this evening.
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » May 26th, 2019, 11:37 am

It all sounds splendid! Deeply envious of your curry frenzy Rocky.... :chops:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 26th, 2019, 7:54 pm

Blueberry and ricotta pancakes with yoghurt and honey for breakfast.

Salad with grilled halloumi and a spicy dressing for lunch.

Dinner was at my sisters. My bil had a pizza oven for his birthday so we had a selection of different pizzas with a few salads, all very nice. Dessert was some Japanese ice cream sticky rice ball things.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 27th, 2019, 6:21 pm

I had a small bowl of very creamycream-coloured Turkish yoghurt with maple syrup for lunch. It was surprisingly good. I think served with some sort of not too sweet base - shortbread (too sweet?) or a simple nut tart - this would be proper/serve-to-friends dessert worthy.
For dinner I have having creamy leek gratin - leeks bought in Normandy last weekend, with Isigny creme fraiche, grated Emmental, thyme wild garlic salt, lots of black pepper and breadcrumbs with herbs and a slight kick of dried chilli. Hopefully that will work. I realize it's a bit of a side dish. I may need to eat something else.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 27th, 2019, 6:29 pm

Lunch time we had egg mayo with HM potato salad, balsamic beetroot and baby artichokes with a mustard vinaigretteSupper was stir fried duck with hoi sin and plum sauce and Vegetable noodles. faiselle with creme fraiche and a little sugar afterwards - yummy.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 27th, 2019, 6:49 pm

For dinner I have having creamy leek gratin - leeks bought in Normandy last weekend, with Isigny creme fraiche, grated Emmental, thyme wild garlic salt, lots of black pepper and breadcrumbs with herbs and a slight kick of dried chilli. Hopefully that will work. I realize it's a bit of a side dish. I may need to eat something else.

My Nanna used to make us something very similar but she wrapped the leeks in ham. To be honest I think I would have preferred it without the ham. Serve with some garlic bread and green salad?
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 27th, 2019, 6:59 pm

Funny couple of days eating really. Yesterday, Leo helped me make those pain au chocolate which come in a twisty tin thing which my mum had left in our fridge while we were on hols so we each had 2 of those for breakfast.

Sort of skipped lunch but had a few crisps, a cream cracker with cheese and salami and then a nut slice at Starbucks when I met my friend.
I had a couple more snacks when I got in... petish and spinach pakora with imli
Last of the crisps
That was pretty much it.

Today inhad grilled bacon, mushroom and tomato on toast for breakfast.
I've had a white chocolate crunch bar and an iced latte since then.
We both really fancied a thai takeaway but I can't justify it so I'm going to make thai red chicken curry, rice and maybe some salt n pepper chips if I can be bothered.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 27th, 2019, 7:09 pm

Today: Fruit & yog for breakfast
Egg salad & an orange for lunch
Quorn tasteless rissole-like things, jacket potato and salad for supper (using up a small amlount of leftover HM soup as a gravy which helped!).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 27th, 2019, 7:36 pm

I sliced the leeks, Catherine, and sautee-steamed it with butter and a splash of stock. Really it was just a using stuff up exercise. No bread or salad in the house... It was plenty of food actually. Rather tasty.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » May 27th, 2019, 8:12 pm

We had spag bol for tea today, with an insane amount of vegetables in it! :lol:
Nice tho!
:chops:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 27th, 2019, 9:10 pm

Breakfast was baked eggs with potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, parsley and cheddar.

Lunch was coffees first and then a charcuterie platter with a glass of wine at a new bar that’s just opened near us.

Dinner was a sharing platter style dinner which Lilia loves...a pile of stir fried cabbage/broccoli/edamame/bean sprouts with soy, garlic and a touch of chilli, surrounded by sesame noodles. With seared sea bass and bowls of lime wedges, peanuts, chopped chilli and spring onions etc for flavour enhancements of choice!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 28th, 2019, 5:57 am

A whole lot of wonderful sounding food :chops: OMCO sounds like you had a wonderful time on the isles of Scilly. EM I must have a go at those 'puffs' - right up my street.

I have been absent from this page for a while, it has been a bit hectic ! To say the least ! Mr. Z had porridge with a satsuma, mixed spice, a T spoon of cocoa yoghurt and some juice from the sweet pickled walnuts we brought back from Cyprus some time back. I had a mug of granola and milk, lunch was HM pate on toast with pickled dills. Supper was fish, fried pots and some marrowfat peas. Just what we needed after a days hard graft in the garden.

What to do with some cooked sausages for a meal tonight..... Jeans sausage surprise ????
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 28th, 2019, 6:57 am

Breakfast: bite size shredded wheat with sliced banana

Lunch: ham sandwich thin.

Dinner: crunchy seafood gratin with salad followed by a fruit yoghurt.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 28th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Lunch out today...a hot sausage roll type thing but filled with Cornish pasty filling. Served with chutney and salad.

Dinner was a mishmash of cuisines but tasted great. Slow cooked pulled lamb ragu braised in Chilean Pinot noir, stock, rosemary, wild garlic, tomatoes and a small amount of feta. Served with pappardelle and finished with some fresh basil, shaved Parmesan and good quality Greek evoo. What a confusing dish :D Tasted lovely though.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 29th, 2019, 6:02 am

EM made your 'puffs' for brekkie today, quite successful and served with fresh clementines, yoghurt and some Cypriot walnut juice. Lunch was curried egg sarnies and supper was a plate each of leftovers, so tonight will be the sausages !

OMCO we have meals like that and totally tasty - never re-created the same way again !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » May 29th, 2019, 12:52 pm

Yesterday , I went to our local farm shop which is one of the country’s best . I had a hot chocolate and portugese custard tart there, which I think was the best I’ve ever tried and I’ve tried a few . Bought a pork and chorizo sausage roll there which I had for lunch . Dinner was a slice of spinach and bacon quiche from their deli counter with some Greek salad followed by Eton mess, one of my favourite desserts . Their meringues are gorgeous , almost toffee like in the middle.

Breakfast was two thick slices of toast with lemon curd and peanut butter , though not together . Lunch was leftovers of salmon, mange tout, carrots and roasted sweet potatoes nuked. At work tonight so trashy tea of chicken nuggets, waffles and tinned spaghetti, really looking forward to it !!
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 29th, 2019, 2:05 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Dinner was a mishmash of cuisines but tasted great. Slow cooked pulled lamb ragu braised in Chilean Pinot noir, stock, rosemary, wild garlic, tomatoes and a small amount of feta. Served with pappardelle and finished with some fresh basil, shaved Parmesan and good quality Greek evoo. What a confusing dish Tasted lovely though.

Actually not as much of a 'mishmash' really. I add all that to my ragu recipes apart from the feta, but wouldn't think it odd to crumble feta over at the end. I'd probably serve with a basic Greek salad. Sounds delicious to me
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 29th, 2019, 3:41 pm

last night I had a bowl of chilli with cheese. The a Bonne Maman salted caramel dessert. I have been avoiding sugar lately, so really enjoyed this.
today
muesli
two tiny marmite biscuits
Not sure about dinner. I am out of fresh veg and it will take me an hour to go to the supermarket, so... hmm. I do have sweet potatoes.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 29th, 2019, 4:20 pm

[quote="]Not sure about dinner. I am out of fresh veg and it will take me an hour to go to the supermarket, so... hmm. I do have sweet potatoes.[/quote]

I made a very improvised lunch for 3 kids (1 of whom is a 5ft10inch 14 yr old) the other day with not very much to play with . There were 2 sausages in the fridge along with 2 cans of baked beans and some sweet potatoes. I chopped the sausages and mixed with the beans and some worcestershire sauce and topped with mashed sweet potato and cheese and baked on the oven. Served with sweetcorn. Totally nursery food, but they wolfed it down with the addition of sriracha
Last edited by Catherine on May 29th, 2019, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » May 29th, 2019, 7:20 pm

I ended up eating up bits and pieces - some mozarella just past its date, sun dried tomatoes, sweetcorn, basil, some Turkish pepper and feta spread, a pita bread. Should have been really nice, but I wasn't really in the mood for this sort of thing, but at least I have avoided wasting food. I also ate the other salted caramel dessert and some chocolate :( A bit of comfort eating... that has resulted in the opposite affect.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » May 29th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Catherine wrote:
OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Dinner was a mishmash of cuisines but tasted great. Slow cooked pulled lamb ragu braised in Chilean Pinot noir, stock, rosemary, wild garlic, tomatoes and a small amount of feta. Served with pappardelle and finished with some fresh basil, shaved Parmesan and good quality Greek evoo. What a confusing dish Tasted lovely though.

Actually not as much of a 'mishmash' really. I add all that to my ragu recipes apart from the feta, but wouldn't think it odd to crumble feta over at the end. I'd probably serve with a basic Greek salad. Sounds delicious to me

I guess not! It smelt very Greek until the basil and parmesan were added in to the mix!

Cereal for breakfast. I shared some cake with Lilia after a mums and children’s exercise dance class.

Lunch was a toasted bagel topped with chicken, hummus, fried peppers & onions and topped with habanero sauce and parsley.

Dinner was slow braised short rib with a potato, leek, chard and tallegio gratin. Green beans on the side. And a nose twitching dollop of mustard.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 30th, 2019, 8:11 am

Interesting you made 'puffs' and ate them like that zosh. We've always used them where there was egg yolk or something to soak up although you can make them 'dry' to eat with butter and jam or a wetter mixture fried in nice oil and eaten with syrup or honey for pud. I try to avoid both those but they can be useful :).
I think OMCO and Prettykiwicrazy win the delicious meal prizes this week. :hungry:

I've been at work the last 2 days so it's been fruit & yog for breakfast, salad for lunch, one egg and one tuna and suppers from the freezer contents - one of smoked herring with fried veg rice and the other a low fat lasagne ready meal.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 31st, 2019, 9:24 am

It was holiday here yesterday and the weather was lovely/

We breakfasted on berries and Mr R had HM yogurt. He requested sardine on toast for lunch which I always tart up with herbs, re onion rings and cucumber and cherry tomato salsa.
The hens are laying well at the moment so we had a traditional Quiche Lorraine for supper with a hot beetroot salad and steamed spinach. Panna coppa with fresh raspberries afterwrads.
Soughdougjavascript:void(0);h toast with HM damson jelly for breakfast and the rest of the quiche and some salads for lunch with slices of watermelon
Tonight I am planning fillets of rascasse cooked in foil with Parmesan fennel slices nd a splash of pastis. I will try to think of an interesting potato accompanimentnd . I've got the egg yolks from yesetrdays quiche so they are now meringues drying in the oven.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Catherine » May 31st, 2019, 1:19 pm

Ratatouille wrote:Tonight I am planning fillets of rascasse cooked in foil with Parmesan fennel slices nd a splash of pastis. I will try to think of an interesting potato accompanimentnd

I think I might serve Lyonnaise potatoes with that, or maybe even Anna, but Lyonnaise preference
Catherine
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » May 31st, 2019, 6:13 pm

Breakfast was fresh orange and grapefruit with a handful of granola.
Couscous with salad veg stirred through for lunch.
As it's Friday, tonight will be pizza with wedges and salad.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » May 31st, 2019, 11:04 pm

Tuesday was a very quick whizz through the KFC drive thru for lunch :oops:
Tea was... obviously memorable :rolleyes: oh yeah, I was on my own and had the last of the gobi manchurian, noodles and a pitta.

Wednesday, veggie subway for lunch.
Tea was a bought sourdough pizza with salad and chips.

Yesterday, a combination of south east Asian dishes from a local place. Few noodles, bit of rice, katsu curry, caramel chicken, mini sring roll. Sounds like a huge amount but I promise, it was small quantities!
Tea was peanutty spicy red thai noodles with quorn and loads of veg.

Today, a banana for breakfast.
Lunch was veg biryani and a few homemade snacks from a colleague who was leaving.
Tea has been a mozzarella burger on a bagel thin.

What a trashy week! Tomorrow will also be trashy!!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 1st, 2019, 12:42 pm

I ended up doing straw potatoes with the fish last night.

We has pate , toast and gherkins for lunch =, followed by a couple of slices of watermelon and a few cherries.
Tonight it is to be veal escallop with asparagus and mushrooms with a white wine sauce and some new potatoes. There is some crumble left to finish.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Rocky » June 1st, 2019, 2:08 pm

Lots of lovely sounding food.

We were out on Tuesday and I had a lovely salmon and noodle dish. Wednesday was Thai red chicken curry with lots of veg. Thursday was a bit meh. OH got a pizza and I roasted some BNS with bacon. We were ay a little art festival last night that had food stalls. I had some cracked conch and paella. I think I might have to have the amazing chicken curry roti for lunch and I fancy fish of some sort for dinner.

I don’t know if I recorded it here but I had quite the weirdest meal recently. I got back from work late and OH was meant to be making omlette but hadn’t so we had scrambled egg, onion rings (as in the battered ones - from the freezer) and broccoli :oops:
Rocky
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 1st, 2019, 2:50 pm

Tea and toast
Fishcake and salad
Barbie at friends. Not my favourite but they are good pals and we will enjoy their company.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Catherine » June 1st, 2019, 7:28 pm

Rocky wrote: I got back from work late and OH was meant to be making omlette but hadn’t so we had scrambled egg, onion rings (as in the battered ones - from the freezer) and broccoli

Sometimes meals like that are just what is needed. Bet it hit the spot, My brother in law is very in to cooking and creates wonderful dinners every night of masterchef standard. My sister obviously really appreciates it but has said to me that sometimes, just once in a while she really fancies beans on toast
Catherine
Registered

Postby EmWilk » June 1st, 2019, 9:55 pm

This morning, we went for breakfast and I had a bacon butty. Leo had pancakes and fruit and also a lot of my mum's bacon butty :lol:
He then asked if we could go to a party :luv: so we had a party for 2 with a little indoor picnic of cheese sandwiches, quorn eggs, crisps, etc.

Another beige buffet indoor picnic this evening for myself and OH in front of Champions League final (me liverpool fan, OH Tottenham :D ). All very trash but that's what we wanted... quorn hotdogs with fried onions, quorn nuggets, curly fries and lots of snacks.

Will undoubtedly feel awful tomorrow so will try and get back on track. Am back in target zone though after falling out of "the zone" for a week or 2 after holiday so just need to keep it up. Or down, as it were.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 2nd, 2019, 11:36 am

Hello everyone
I see I haven't been on here for several months, so not reading back, life is too short!

Yesterday had a piece of toast for breakfast, nibbled some strawberries and some nuts, then had a huge dinner of Thai curry, one veg (mainly aubergine) and one red prawn curry with brown jasmine rice. Going back to ordinary jasmine rice, I've tried several ways of cooking the brown, and now I know why it is usually polished!

So far today chopped fruit, with a bit of granola and yogurt. Lunch will be a salad with ox tongue and dinner will be ham hock with lentils, it's soaking at the moment. Must pop over the road and get some parsley.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 2nd, 2019, 1:14 pm

Friday night was homemade pizzas and salad.

Yesterday we travelled to one of my best friends and her family for an overnight stay. We only see each other 4 or 5 times a year now so it's always great. We went on a long walk along the river and ended up at a perfect spot for a picnic of champagne, beers, fresh lemonade, grapes, cheesestraws and pork pies from their butchers. The children all paddled and we had a great afternoon 8-)

The kids ate earlier but dinner for us adults was a feast of lamb shoulder cooked for 10 hours in their aga, with flatbread, pomegranate, tzatziki, spanakopita, falafel, salads etc etc. Very boozy strawberries in cointreau with basil and ice cream in brandy snap baskets with crumbled biscotti for dessert.

Heading home now and OH suggesting we head to our fave Italian for dinner so virtually no cooking for us this weekend!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 2nd, 2019, 3:01 pm

Sounds idylic OMCO.

We invited friends for lunch.
Started with canapes and other nibbles like marinated anchoveies.
We had the first perfect melon of the season with airdried beef slivers and a mint dressing.
Gammon joint (from the UK) roasted with maple syrup with minted newpotatoes and a huge bowl of broad beans in parsely sauce.
Three sorts of cheese - one each of sheep goat and cow with cherries
Fresh apricot and nougat clafoutis.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » June 2nd, 2019, 8:22 pm

Your lunch sounds wonderful Rats!

Dinner tonight at the Italian was rack of lamb on a herby tomato sauce, a beautiful salad and rice pilaf which had so much flavour. Delicious. Dessert was their signature tiramisu with 3 spoons :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 3rd, 2019, 7:43 am

I ate better than I have in a while this weekend.
Friday was 'melanzane parmigiana' ravioli with salt crystal butter and parmesan at home.
Saturday lunch (out) was some sort of quinoa salad thing. It was actually a starter, and quite small, but still nice. Can't say what was in it...! It was vegan though. Dessert was amazing - rhubarb trifle with homemade custard, chantilly and cherry (?) compote/sauce on top and a bit of fresh thyme.
Dinner was bread and butter, a dollop of celeriac remoulade and some smoked mozarella
Yesterday lunch - another starter: beetroot, 'goat's curd' and citrus crumbs. I had a side order of Jersey Royals.
'dinner' was muesli.
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop