What are you eating today? (v4)

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: What are you eating today? (v4)

Postby WWordsworth » October 13th, 2019, 10:37 am

Porridge with stewed plums
Cheese and onion on a crusty roll with a bag of hula hoops
Tonight will be the flat ribs I abandoned last night
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 14th, 2019, 8:27 am

Herbi - the cheese plate (and the other plate!) looked delicious.

Yesterday was porridge with apple for breakfast, Baxters Bean & Bacon for lunch and the remains of the chicken and beans with roasted butternut squash and other veg for supper plus a satsuma for a snack. The squash had a spoonful of brown sugar and a sprinkling of soy sauce for the last 10 minutes which caramelised and made a fabulous coating juice :chops:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 14th, 2019, 7:10 pm

Granola with grapes
Ham and mustard sandwich on HM wholemeal bread
A selection of samosas from the Indian shop with peas rice and salad
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 15th, 2019, 11:10 am

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:

This is the recipe we used originally but we have adapted it over time and it depends on what we have in.

https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/rec ... gliatelle/

Often we just use a truffle oil for flavour as we usually don't have whole fresh truffles unfortunately! The addition of a healthy splash of booze (cognac, white wine, vermouth) with the guinea fowl was ours. To be honest we don't really follow a recipe for it now and just adapt each time. Peas, wild mushrooms, leeks, cavolo nero are sometimes cooked and added to the pasta/risotto to include some veg. A splash of cream and some parmesan usually finish the dish. Sometimes fresh parsley too. I think we've occasionally included some cubed sautéed pancetta. Definitely follow his instructions to pour the cooking juices over the pasta (or risotto).

Apologies it's a bit vague, we make it slightly differently each time!

OMCO, I have just searched on here for a recipe for Guinea Fowl and found this … However the link says I need to subscribe to the magazine. Would you still have the recipe that you could pass on or is it pretty much as you have typed above ?

Edited to add that the original thread was this one … I intend to do this for Sunday ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 15th, 2019, 9:12 pm

Hi Patsy, I had a search this eve and I’ve found a magazine clipping of it in an old scrap book. Can I post a photo or is that not allowed because of copyright rules?

Anyway, I’ll paraphrase here unless someone can tell me if I can post it :lol:

Roast guinea fowl with sliced truffle and butter under the skin. Put thyme and garlic in the bird. Season. Pour 300ml chicken stock and a splash (or 3) of booze around the bird. Cover with foil and roast. Take foil off for last 20 mins, allow to rest after cooking.

Cook tagliatelle and pour guinea cooking juices over and top with carved guinea fowl. The additions I mention in my post of wild mushrooms, lardons, splash of cream etc are things we’ve sometimes added. I usually have those frying in a separate large pan and stir through the cooked tagliatelle before adding the juices, meat etc. Hope you enjoy if you make it!

In the last few days we’ve had beef and chianti meatballs with rigatoni. Also monkfish curry topped with toasted coconut served with rice.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 16th, 2019, 7:41 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:Hi Patsy, I had a search this eve and I’ve found a magazine clipping of it in an old scrap book. Can I post a photo or is that not allowed because of copyright rules?

You could send me a pm with a photo I would think … however, I think I have enough info from your posting above to work out the recipe :tu:

thanks
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 17th, 2019, 12:07 am

Sunday, I had lovely chicken satay skewers with vegetable noodles and more satay sauce.

Leftovers for lunch on monday and then tea was a very spicy chickpea and kale curry - lovely!

Tuesday I had a very sad lunch of cheese baguette and vegan sausage roll!
Tea was a tomatoey lamb kinda ragu done in the pressure cooker with a fancy shaped pasta - sort of narrower lasagne sheets with frilly edges!

Today, lunch was an onion bhaji and salad wrap, veg sticks and hummus.
We've been out for tea to a thai place. Mixed starter (which includes chicken toast and grilled fatty pork skewers which both amazing!) And then chicken pad kapow with sticky rice.
EmWilk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 17th, 2019, 1:45 pm

Granola with sultanas
Toast with peanut butter
Bacon omelette with sauté potatoes and salad.

Lunch was supposed to be a fishfinger sandwich with 2 ex-colleagues at our usual haunt but it was postponed this morning due to unexpected arrival of Ofsted at the workplace of one of them.
Myself and D thought it would be a bit mean to go ahead without S, so we have rescheduled.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 18th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Last night we had a selection of pies between us from a local bakery...with skinny fries, roasted root veg and braised red cabbage.

Tonight we had slow braised pork shoulder in a lovely marinade (bit of freshly squeezed orange juice, tomatoes, cumin, coriander, spring onions, chipotle chillies, garlic etc all whizzed up with a little evoo and seasoning) cooked until it was a very soft pulled pork. Served with wraps, grilled pineapple, green salsa and a mixed salad.

Really craving a little something sweet now though.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 18th, 2019, 7:15 pm

Granola with orange and grapefruit
Left over spicy rice and salad
Salmon Patia with Madhurs Gujarati green beans, rice and chapatis.

Rubbish week at work and rubbish journey home so wine is poured and cheese is out of the fridge.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 18th, 2019, 9:21 pm

Yesterday, I had a few slices of a margherita pizza from a local italian restaurant who do takeaway.
Tea was very late leftover pasta with lamb ragu sorta thing.

Today is very much fat friday!
Pain au chocolate and coffee from starbucks for breakfast.
Lunch was out for a leaving do for a colleague going on maternity. We went to nando's and I had the special Mozam wrap which was chicken with a pineapple and coconut chutney, black garlic sauce and salad, with peri chips and very disappointing coleslaw.
Tea has been crispy tofu with noodles and veg.
I tried the process of pressing the tofu for tonight for the first time. What a difference! Great tip! And it means I can buy plenty, press and freeze it then just take it out when I want. Upto now, I've been using it fresh only and it has a short shelf life so I'm very happy with this!! :lol:
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 19th, 2019, 7:38 pm

Wordsworth do you have the salmon patia recipe please? Em, I wouldn’t know where to start pressing tofu! If we ate it more often than once or twice a year then maybe I should try it :D

Fruit salad first thing. Nicked a few bites of this and that at a kids birthday party. Long walk in a forest hunting the Gruffalo followed by pub dinner with FIL and step mil. I had massaman curry, lacking in any real heat but wonderful flavour nonetheless.

Family swim first thing tomorrow. The kids will have fruit and yoghurt first but I’ll save myself for eggs benedict afterwards.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 19th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Pressing tofu is a bit of a game changer, I thought, Emma :)
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 20th, 2019, 6:49 am

Breakfast: porridge with blueberries

Lunch: soup and a roll

Dinner: Roast chicken,roast potatoes, steamed carrots and sprouts mashed Swede, stuffing and gravy followed by creme caramel with cream
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 20th, 2019, 8:26 am

Hello OMCO

Wordsworth do you have the salmon patia recipe please

It's Camilla Panjabi's recipe

250g shelled, uncooked prawns or cubed salmon
1½ teaspoons tamarind pulp
5 green chillies, chopped
3 plump garlic cloves
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
oil for frying
2 large onions, finely chopped
½ teaspoon cumin powder
¾ teaspoon coriander powder
¾ teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
1 teaspoon jaggery
10 curry leaves
¼ cup coriander leaves

1. Soak the tamarind in 150ml warm water for about 30 minutes.

2. Grind the green chillies, garlic, and cumin to a paste.

3. Heat the oil and cook the onions down for about 10 mins. Add the spice paste and fry for another couple of minutes.

4. Add the cumin, coriander, red chilli, garam masala and turmeric powders. And stir for another minute or so.

5. Add the chopped tomatoes and fry for 4 or 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.

6. Add half the tamarind water the jaggery, curry and coriander leaves and about 1½ teaspoons of salt.

7. Taste and adjust the sour, sweet and salt flavours to your taste, add more tamarind water if you like.

8. Add ¾ cup of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.

9. Add the prawns or salmon and cook till ready.

I didn't have any curry leaves and I omitted the jaggery.
I like it quite sour so I added a teaspoon of amchoor powder.

The best bit about this is that I can make the sauce in advance then throw the cubed salmon in and let it cook while the sauce is reheating.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 20th, 2019, 11:32 am

Oh I would adore that!! :chops: Might make a 'watered down' version so Mr S can eat it (he's really not at all good at chilli).
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 20th, 2019, 11:52 am

Breakfast was muesli with homemade greekstyle yoghurt.

Lunch was Fuchsia Dunlop’s stir fried tomatoes with eggs ... I used Green Zebra tomatoes from the garden ... their flavour when cooked is really good.

Supper this evening will be a slow roasted half shoulder of lamb rubbed with garlic and rosemary, roasted carrots and onions, and potatoes dauphinoise.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 20th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Yesterday had pecorino and pea rissoles which turned out to be very very tiny. I had a chocolate eclair when I got home.
Dinner was macaroni cheese. Tesco version that OH had bought for when I was ill. And then a small (!) sticky toffee pudding with custard.
Today had a Cafe Rouge lunch of 'French onion croque' with sweet potato fries, then cherry tart tartin. It was alright...!
Dinner baked beans with added Mexicanesque spices (coriander, wild garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, Gran Luchito Smoky Chipotle spice mix (this is very good. It contains Chipotle Chilli, Smoked Salt, Lime, Mexican Oregano, Coriander, Garlic, Guajillo, Epazote, Paprika), smoky (liquid smoke).I know this sounds OTT, but sometimes it hits the spot. Eaten with grated extra mature cheddar. Was going to make a casserole with beer, and with horseradish and herbdumplings (I seem to be craving carbs.) I will do this tomorrow. Or Tuesday...
Herbidacious
Registered

Re: What are you eating - today? (v4)

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 21st, 2019, 8:42 am

Well yesterday's lunch of Guinea Fowl and tagliatelle - the recipe recommended by Herbi - was declared delicious :chops: :chef: :hungry: :tu: … plenty left for my lunch today :tu: I also made a 5 spice plum tarte tatin from last week's Waitrose weekly paper … I had the remains of that for my breakfast this morning :rolleyes: :oops:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 21st, 2019, 8:05 pm

banana
some Portuguese chocolate
deep fried brie (or possibly baked - more than I expected)
eggs baked in an aubergine, tomato and onion sauce with melted emmental and peas.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 21st, 2019, 8:14 pm

Porridge with stewed damsons and Greek yogurt
Cheese and beetroot salad
Sweetcorn chowder with crusty bread
Hot chocolate with peanut butter and sultanas on Finn crisp
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 21st, 2019, 9:32 pm

Yoghurt and muesli and a pear from our espaliered Concorde pear tree :chops:
Lunch was the stir fried tomatoes with egg from Fuchsia Dunlop’s EGOR ... again
Supper was the second half of a Nigel Slater Swiss chard and feta pie that I made at the weekend.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 21st, 2019, 9:45 pm

All lovely but think WW wins today (crusty bread always wins :lol:).

Not a very exciting diet this week. Still trying to eat lots of fruit & veg and protein but less starch so it's been stir fryish sort of things. Today I blew it and made a large pasty-like thing using up some Trex which has been in the fridge for ages and some of the mince & veg from yesterday. It was absolutely delicious :chops: (I had broccoli too).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 22nd, 2019, 4:23 pm

Thanks EM :)

Granola with orange and grapefruit
Tuna salad
HM lamb saag with rice and dhal
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 22nd, 2019, 8:43 pm

Breakfast was a pear from the garden and a dollop of our ‘Greek-style yoghurt.
lunch was a toasted cheese and onion sandwich made with the loaf of wholemeal with pumpkin seeds I made yesterday using whey as the liquid.
Supper was Scotch Broth made from the remains of Sunday’s lamb shoulder
With chopped potatoes, leeks and carrots in the Crockpot with pearl barley and lamb stock ... parsley dumplings were added half an hour before serving.
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 22nd, 2019, 8:55 pm

Breakfast was egg and baked beans, lunch was soup made from all the veg in the fridge which won't last until next week plus the remains of a jar of Branston (it was really nice!!), later had a chicken goujon and some veg to keep GD company and a banana and rice when I got home.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby EmWilk » October 22nd, 2019, 10:16 pm

Tofu pressing is fab OMCO and definitely a game changer as Herbi said! Wrap in a towel and press for 10 min, freeze, defrost and press again a little. Amazing!

Anyway. Saturday, Leo and i made very messy pancakes :shock:
I then sort of blitzed through the day on coffee and biscuits at nails place, hairdressers, dads.
Home and I didn't feel at all well (probably due to excess caffeine and sugar :lol: ) so passed up on the planned takeaway and ended up with a bowl of oven chips later on.

Sunday, went for brunch with a friend and Leo at a new (to us) place. I had buttermilk chicken and waffles with bourbon sauce and we shared some nutella french toast.
Very indulgent!
Tea was planned to be the takeaway missed previously but we both wanted a place which doesnt deliver and were both too lazy/stubborn to go for it so we ended up having tuna melts instead. Good grief!

Yesterday, I had a tuna sandwich, vegan sausage roll and crisps for lunch. All the carbs!
Tea was thai omelette with a bit of quorn mince in, sushi rice, kale, carrot ribbons and broccoli with an Asian style dressing.

I had the leftovers for a late lunch today.
Tea has been packet noodles from the chinese shop. I omitted the little sachet of solidified "seasoning oil" though! :?

My food has been very beige!
EmWilk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 23rd, 2019, 12:21 pm

Thanks for the salmon recipe Wordsworth, I’ll definitely try that.

Glad the guinea fowl went down well Patsy!

We didn’t do a big shop over the weekend so it’s been dishes cobbled together out of the dregs of the fridge and freezer. Spaghetti carbonara, quesadillas, frittatas and a Thai chicken noodle dish last night using 2 chicken thighs between 4 of us...bulked out with savoy cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, mushrooms and red onions.

Tonight we’re having a potato, pancetta, savoy cabbage and cheese bake with either a salad or tenderstem broccoli on the side.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 23rd, 2019, 4:12 pm

Porridge with stewed damsons and Greek yogurt
Left over lamb saag, rice and dhal
HM fish and chips with a tin of mushy peas
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 24th, 2019, 11:07 am

Yesterday I had yoghurt for breakfast.

We met a friend for lunch yesterday at our old ‘local’.
Along with two pints of the very drinkable Adnams 0.5% Ghostship bitter I had a perfectly cooked rare Bavette steak with sautéed potatoes and a green salad.

Supper was a Chinese takeaway shared with OH DD, SSIL and DS ... can’t remember the whole order but it included roasted duck with hoisin and veg, king prawn chow mein, chicken chop suey, sweet and sour prawn balls, Singapore noodles, extra beansprouts and of course prawn crackers and fortune cookies. :D Very good it was too.
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 24th, 2019, 5:59 pm

Granola with sultanas and Greek yogurt
Cheddar cheese and home grown beetroot on HM wholemeal bread (with pepper of course)
Black pud and bacon salad then cheese and crackers.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 24th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Today ... a pear and yoghurt for breakfast. Lunch was the remains of Tuesdays Scotch Broth and supper was pork Osso bucco with penne. It was very filling.
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 24th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Oooh lovely sounding food.

Lunch out with OH and Gabriella today as OH working from home. I had the halloumi and spiced aubergine burger with crispy shallots, Asian slaw and sweet potato fries.

Dinner was sausage and pickle plait...it opened up a bit and pickle burst out whilst cooking but it was still delicious. Served with mustard and a green salad.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 24th, 2019, 9:16 pm

Hah, interesting.

Sausages for breakfast = brown sauce
Sausages for dinner = mustard :tu:
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 24th, 2019, 9:30 pm

Seems like sausage day today :lol:.

I am currently away existing on hotel bedroom picnics and the like. Today was a spiced squash scone (already mentioned in Chatterbox, the scone was yellow and a bit dry with a big dollop of mango chutney on top. It was ok but not over exciting). Later I had early supper of fish, chips and peas in Sainsburys. Later still I had a satsuma and a few from a bag of jelly kittens.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 24th, 2019, 9:46 pm

EM I read that as a spiced sausage scone :D
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 25th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Breakfast was a little tub of sticky toffee pudding :shock: I have no excuse. We had lots of fruit, yoghurt, cereal, bread etc but I saw the stp in the fridge and decided to have it.

Lunch was an apple, some cheese and a few salad bits.

Dinner will be out, we might share some pizza and salads.
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 25th, 2019, 2:06 pm

OneMoreCheekyOne wrote:EM I read that as a spiced sausage scone :D

That would probably have been more of a success :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 25th, 2019, 5:47 pm

Breakfast ... yoghurt and a pear from the garden.
Lunch ... a ham and tomato sandwich with sourdough.
Supper ... buttery jacket potato, baked beetroot, roasted cherry toms, Little Gem lettuce and panfried mackerel fillets with sumac.
suffolk
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 25th, 2019, 8:31 pm

a banana
Marmite breakfast biscuit
smoky sweetcorn chowder (Pret)
A Milka wafer biscuit. Ok two.
veggie sausage, carrot and qurn casserole
Sainsbury's individual sticky toffee pudding with chilled (nice) custard
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 26th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Such an unhealthy eating day today! Cereal, pastry, donut at a fair, fish and chips. I'm craving fruit and veg. Back to normal tomorrow!
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 27th, 2019, 9:23 am

Friday lunch was some pret soup.
Evening was left over casserole.
Yesterday lunch was a faux bacon, salad cream and honey mustard sandwich - I was furiously hungry and needed a quick fix.
Some of that new Darkmilk Cadburys' chocolate (that my mother keeps going on about.) Underwhelmed.
For dinner, I had a baked potato with a lot of cheese (Red Leicester and extra mature cheddar) and quite a lot of salt crystal Normandy butter, sweetcorn, garlic seasoning, freshly ground smoked paprika and lots of black pepper.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 27th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Yesterday’s breakfast was yoghurt and a pear
Lunch was the last of the ham hock and salad.
Supper was minute steaks with sweetcorn and mashed potato ... should’ve been oven chips but the oven knob has stuck so the oven is out of action at the moment :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 27th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Pain au Chocolat and coffee
Baked potato and coleslaw
Beef stew with parsley and mustard dumplings, cauli cheese and sauteed cabbage with a pinch of caraway.
Cheese and crackers imminently.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 27th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Today breakfast was a pear and yoghurt.
Lunch was an Ainsley Thai chicken
cuppa soup

supper was Asian Spiced sticky pork ribs cooked in the crockpot and served with egg noodles and mixed stir fried veg with mushrooms.
suffolk
Registered

Postby OneMoreCheekyOne » October 27th, 2019, 9:50 pm

Beef stew and pork ribs both sound good!

Poached eggs and roasted vine tomatoes with garlic mushrooms and sourdough first thing. No such thing as an extra hour in bed here :lol: Zumba and then family swim meant that we had some fruit and flap jack to share at midday.

Mid afternoon birthday lunch out in a pub restaurant for nephew and my mum...food was ok - fritto misto shared with OH, meatballs, gambas, patatas bravas, bruschetta, olives, a courgette dish. Chocolate torte and coffee. Nothing spectacular but I love our big family meals out so much that the food is secondary anyway. They had lots on for Halloween including pumpkin carving in the gardens and weird boxes where you had to stick your hand in to see what horrors lay inside. Cold beans, custard and jelly were pretty grim :aww:
OneMoreCheekyOne
Registered

Postby Rocky » November 2nd, 2019, 3:07 pm

Haven’t posted for ages as it keeps saying my IP address is illegal :shock:

Just returning home from a week in Georgia (the American one). Had a few days in Atlanta and a few up in the mountains.. Hiking was truly amazing. Highlights food wise we’re fried chicken at a traditional southern place, bacon and egg biscuits, a crab blt (really :chops: ) and a smart meal at a farm to table place. Had quail ‘cigars’ to start and a brined pork chop with squash done all sorts of amazing ways. Breakfast this morning was a bagel after getting up at five to watch England :( Lunch will be on the plane. Lots of veggies for dinner I think...
Rocky
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 2nd, 2019, 3:46 pm

Hi Rocky :wave:

How I love to read about your travels and the associated grub! Makes me feel as though I'd been there. Food all sounds delicious..... :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 2nd, 2019, 3:56 pm

I've had very little to eat this week due to a bug which has made me feel sick and shivery, Last night I managed to make and eat some not-to-spicy chillci con carne with lots of avocado salsa and wraps.

For tonight we have the butchers fabulous choucroute with various goodies to go with it and the trad boiled potatoes. We are invited out for lunch tomorrow. I just hopeMargrethe, our Danish friend M't overdo the food
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » November 3rd, 2019, 7:17 pm

Friday I had, gosh, I really can't remember. Some sort of houmous with olives and breadsticks on the train, and a biscuit and possibly some chocolate during the day. I was expecting a three course meal on the train (paid up for 1st class, as a kind of consolation prize) but the houmous 'meal' was all that was on offer. I somewhat wished I'd helped myself to the free food in the waiting room. The other travellers were all getting seriously pished on the free booze.
Incidentally v glad I naughtily went first class. It was travel chaos at Euston and they lifted ticket restrictions on the train which mean all reservations in 2nd class were out the window, and the train was heaving. People were even standing in first class. (Why would you?! I suppose in the hope that someone would get off... and the free booze.)
Saturday, was smashed avocado on toast with a slow fried egg (in lieu of poached, which I am not good at.)
Dinner was a spinach tart. This, in fact, although I did my usual Pinterest/instagram fail in terms of how it looked:
https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/spi ... esy-pastry
Was to be served with new potatoes and chantenay carrots with butter, but the carrots were eschewed by MIL and OH, so didn't bother, and potato by OH who preferred coleslaw. Kind of wish I'd brought the chantenay carrots back with me, given that we paid for the shopping... :?
We then had an Asda Bakewell tart, chosen by OH with, custard. Not great tbh. MIL says she has never bought a dessert in her life, so not a good introduction to the concept. I would not have chosen Asda, frankly, given the choice... :?
'Lunch' today was a Quorn sausage roll en route in the car. Quite a lot of chocolate buttons :o
Back home, fried spinach gnocchi with a little garlic, and smoked butter, slithers of aged queso Iberico and lots of black pepper to finish. I am thinking about dessert...
Herbidacious
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop