Another Scam

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Another Scam

Postby Pepper Pig » July 4th, 2019, 2:49 pm

Working for me, maybe not outside England?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » July 4th, 2019, 6:04 pm

when I clicked on this, it just said OFFLINE ... :?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » July 4th, 2019, 6:48 pm

I wonder if it’s been withdrawn. It’s a thing with Gordon Ramsey telling Phil and Holly why he can afford a load of Ferraris - as you do - andis all to do with BitCoin Lifestyle.

Or maybe you have better anti virus software than I do.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 4th, 2019, 7:03 pm

It worked for me earlier and I read it but can't access it now. It was a tale of one of those schemes where you invest money online with a Bitcoin broker and the amount doubles before your eyes. You take half out to spend on what you will and leave the rest to grow again. It seems that Gordon Ramsey does it and showed off on morning TV about it. There were poor spellings in the article and it was only that it had appeared on a TV feature which gave it any credibility at all IMO. I wonder if it was genuine. Did anyone see it on TV?

I have tried and failed to understand Bitcoin and similar things before but really don't. It would be interesting to invest the $250 they suggest (that's another thing, why $?) to see what happened - if you could afford to lose it.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » July 4th, 2019, 7:08 pm

Golden rule - if you don't completely understand it, steer well clear! There - you've been told :lol:
Gruney
Registered

Postby miss mouse » July 4th, 2019, 8:28 pm

earthmaiden wrote:I have tried and failed to understand Bitcoin and similar things before but really don't.

Nobody does. Faceache has been crowing recently about launching its own currency and The Federal Reserve is getting active in opposition.

Meanwhile send all your spare cash to me and receive MouseyCoin, exchangeable almost nowhere.

Gruney wrote:Golden rule - if you don't completely understand it, steer well clear!

Well said Gruney.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Rainbow » July 5th, 2019, 12:05 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:when I clicked on this, it just said OFFLINE ... :?

I got the same message!!

But this is a link to a bitcoin scam in Australia which has just made one couple go broke :( and apparently a lot more like them. (hope you can open the link)

https://www.coindesk.com/scammer-taunts ... coin-fraud

Apparently it was a 'Ponzi' scheme - pity they didn't have Gruney's advice!!
Rainbow
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 5th, 2019, 8:11 am

It beggars me why so many, othrwise sane seming people, are taken in by scams like this.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 5th, 2019, 9:05 am

Seems to me that if you were prepared to lose a relatively small outlay rather than life savings and prepared to stop after two or three withdrawals that you might get an amount that most people would be pleased to have. There are probably horrible get out clauses (I am not about to try it by the way!). They are relying on natural human greed.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Gruney » July 5th, 2019, 9:09 am

earthmaiden wrote:They are relying on natural human greed.

Yes - and they are highly skilled in fostering it.
Gruney
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » July 5th, 2019, 10:37 am

People may also be taken in if certain celebrities are seen to endorse it. In my original link it was all seen as a great way to invest by Gordon Ramsay, Philip Schofied and Holly Willoughby. No doubt they are NOT endorsing it but you’d be fooled if you were greedy and a big fan.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 5th, 2019, 10:54 am

It looked very real at first PP. I have been reading online about this scam using Gordon Ramsey's name - I like this ... https://www.patienthelp.org/bitcoin/che ... tform.html

Rumour has it Gordon Ramsey MAY have appeared with Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby .... one wouldn't think it would be too hard to find out if he did or not!!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » July 6th, 2019, 12:36 pm

earthmaiden wrote:It looked very real at first PP. I have been reading online about this scam using Gordon Ramsey's name - I like this ... https://www.patienthelp.org/bitcoin/che ... tform.html

Rumour has it Gordon Ramsey MAY have appeared with Philip Schofield and Holly Willoughby .... one wouldn't think it would be too hard to find out if he did or not!!

there have been similar scams in the past with celebrities apparently endorsing wonder face creams and more recently Martin Lewis's name/face were used support some other money making scheme on FB … he is suing FB and any money he gets will be given to charity.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop