CHATTERBOX LXXVII Nathaniel

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: CHATTERBOX LXXVII Nathaniel

Postby suffolk » July 16th, 2017, 9:03 am

So you don't fancy a day at the races then Aero? ;)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 9:16 am

I am back home armed with many lemons, ginger, and a bottle of washing up liquid. No need. I already bought a bottle the other day. Oh dear. Anyone got any washing up to be done?? Watching a bit of Keith Floyd now. Forgot what a character he was and still is! My legs are twitching as in I need to get running again. I hope my body can stand the pressure. I think I know my body signals and when enough is enough. Sights set on Great North Run or something similar perhaps more local. Run Fat Girl, Run! :lol:
Christmas is upon us - yippee!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 16th, 2017, 9:20 am

Tezza ... the Gt North Run is only a couple of months away ... for heaven's sake talk to your medics before you start strenuous exercise/road running etc :shock:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 9:35 am

I know suffs, I know. Thanks for your concern. My heart tells me to do something and I tend to follow regardless. I will get my running shoes out of storage and walk them in a bit then a gentle jog round the block. I know I come across as being a bit mad but I am sensible deep down. Honest. :grin:
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 16th, 2017, 9:38 am

Good morning everyone,

After the horrible weather yesterday the sun is shining this morning so I'm hoping it stays that way.

Pootled through to the kitchen after my shower to find a bunch of gladioli sitting on the counter, my Dad must have popped by and departed while I was showering. I do live in a very low crime area but it did make me think especially now I'm poochless that perhaps I ought to be a tad more security conscious.
I've no plans for today but for the first time in a couple of weeks I'm going to try and get out for a short walk.
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 16th, 2017, 10:30 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:......... My heart tells me to do something and I tend to follow regardless. ...........I am sensible deep down. Honest. :grin:

Those statements can't both be true Tezza ..... :? and road running can be bad for the spine ... just saying ... :)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Luca » July 16th, 2017, 10:35 am

Be careful Teresa. I was told in no uncertain terms to NOT run or do anything similar after a shoulder injury some years back. I wouldn't even have contemplated it. Giving your body time to recover is paramount to achieve a return to full fitness! :)

Have a good Sunday everybody. It's a little cloudy and dark here but hopefully the rain will hold off for Wimbledon. So much nicer to watch the tennis, be it there or on TV, with the roof off!
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby cyprusmoira » July 16th, 2017, 10:36 am

I have made Watermelon & Feta Salad, Airdried Ham & Peaches for lunch, we shall have that with the left over Bean Salad. I managed to get a smallish watermelon but still have half of it leftover. We would have had Brandy Sours with lunch but I forgot to buy more brandy, I wondered what I was doing standing the alcohol aisle in the supermarket :rolleyes: , we shall have local rose wine instead.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 10:50 am

I love the support here regarding health issues. So much better than my current GP. I was obese as a child and never want to revisit those haunts! Horrible! I am not body image conscious but more wanting to stay as fit, mobile, active as possible. That is just me.
Going to shove some vegetable samosas in the oven soon. Hello Chango Mutney, you are coming too!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 16th, 2017, 10:58 am

Tezza ... I think it's recognised that walking is a better way to build up your fitness ... most towns and cities run Health Walks to get people back to fitness following periods of ill health or injury. It's worth checking them out ... not just a way of building fitness, but doing it with with companionship and making new friends.

Just checked ... here you are ... http://www.activeluton.co.uk/health-walks
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » July 16th, 2017, 11:06 am

The sun is out! It may stay out! :)

This must be like Camp Granada... :D

No more racing today...
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby StokeySue » July 16th, 2017, 11:16 am

Muggy here too, really not pleasant at the moment
Onwards and upwards

Really not enjoying the news, one of the acid attacks occurred on the next street then they went round the one way (presumably past here) and attacked someone more or less where I'll play backgammon tomorrow

The victims were mainly Deliveroo lads, hope my chum is OK.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » July 16th, 2017, 11:23 am

When I heard the news you came immediately to my mind Sue, hope your chum is o.k. we are living in horrid times at the moment. Stay safe :hug: :hug:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 11:56 am

Thanks for that suffs. have been to Lewsey and it is just on my doorstep although sadly not walkable. However, the walk and meet people thing looks just what I need to fill time. I might be able to take my Mum along.
Now hungry and have everything prepped and trying to resist cooking too early! I keep smelling food smells. I think Marj across the landing has a roast on the go. I have a herbal tea brew on the go for now. Samosa explosion.later!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 16th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Tezza. Fortunately there isn't a chance in Hades of getting a place on the GNR. Son who is a regular runner and has competed in it several times, once, to his utter credit as a guide to a blind runner, was too late by just a few minutes to get one gaes ago.

As Suffs saystry something more appropriate to your current state of health. I do wish you had more practical help available locally. Tell you what for the moment. before the tennis have a quick peep at ITV4 and Le Tour, not for the cycling but ofr the utterly gorgeous views of the Auvergne counrtyside, :hug: I'm watching right now.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 16th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Afternoon all! :wave: . Last night shift tonight ... hooray!!!!! Really looking forward to my time off even though I've 1001 things to do.

Hope the WI stall does well Sue, I think they usually do!

Aero ... I think you're supposed to sing in the rain :lol: . I'm sure there's lots to do on a wet weekend in Chester, I've only been there once.

It is a shame that when new and nasty but simple acts are performed by individuals such as driving into people, throwing acid etc that the news goes out to all and sundry and gives other people ideas to copy. Of course we want to be informed but it is inevitable that there will be further horrible incidents when we are.

Tezza - Suffs has made a very good suggestion there about the walks. We have several groups here and I have friends who participate. They have really built up their walking abilities as they are shown the correct way to walk for posture etc and some groups now walk much longer distances than they did at the start. They have made lots of friends by going every week and really look forward to it. Highly recommended.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 16th, 2017, 6:27 pm

Good evening everyone,

It's been a gorgeous day here neither to hot or too cold :D . I managed a little walk just to the end of the crescent and balk but that's the first in over a fortnight so I'm pleased. I spent most of the afternoon in the garden got some more potting up done and my sister popped round for a :mug: and a natter.
Dinner is still to be prepped though not much to do but I do like eating later in the sunny weather seems to help me sleep better.
liketocook
Registered

Postby miss mouse » July 16th, 2017, 7:49 pm

liketocook wrote: I managed a little walk just to the end of the crescent and balk

Well done. Getting on the move again is hard work. I'm guessing that 'balk' is a typo but it is quite amusing.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 16th, 2017, 8:15 pm

miss mouse wrote:
liketocook wrote: I managed a little walk just to the end of the crescent and balk

Well done. Getting on the move again is hard work. I'm guessing that 'balk' is a typo but it is quite amusing.

Thanks. It was indeed a typo but probably more descriptive than I'd like :D . Moving around for any distance is a huge issue for me but I make the most of doing what I can when I can :D . Before this horrible condition struck I was real outdoors person and miss it terribly but I'll get there.... ;)
liketocook
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » July 16th, 2017, 8:28 pm

BOO!
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Boo back Grassy!
How's it going? Watching a Bruce Lee film. My goodness, violent or what? Well, it does what it says on the tin! I want to follow in my father's footsteps and learn martial arts but not to this violent level!
Still hot here. Got my fan back on. Sweaty betty. I can't wait to dive into the pool tomorrow.
Have good dreams tonight.
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 17th, 2017, 5:14 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. Hot and humid here, we were sitting outside at 7 00pm yesterday evening, the cushions on the spare chairs were already damp which surprised us

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 17th, 2017, 5:50 am

Morning all. I have woken up earlier than usual and got some jobs done around the house. All my laundry has been done and has dried overnight it has been that hot in here. I don't know yet what time Mum is collecting me for a swim or if she will had four year old nephew with her. If he is coming then I will be supervising in the water. If not then I will be lane swimming with gusto. Either way I will be well happy.
Have a great day!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 17th, 2017, 6:48 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
A lovely sunny morning out there ... I've got a trip into the city planned ... I'm in need of a haircut!
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 17th, 2017, 7:07 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I wondered where you had gone, on Friday all I got was that damned robot saying the site could not be found. :twisted: But you are back.. Sue so sorry to hear about Rani, :hug: :hug:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 17th, 2017, 7:20 am

How odd, my usual link to wildfood doesn't work any more :shock: I had to google you to get back in.
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 17th, 2017, 8:05 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Hot and dry here..., but nothing unusual about that in July!. Two loads of washing drying - probably dry. No Wimbledon to give me an excuse to lie around doing nothing and today is a rest day on Le Tour.

Icey, the same thing happened to me on Saturday morning, The robot vanished today. I have several phone calls I need to makeI had to use google to get on. No more problems since. I do hope we get out wi-fi and phone restored. I have several phone calls I need to make but I refuse to stand in the middle of the road to make them.

Have a good swim Tezza
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » July 17th, 2017, 8:09 am

Morning all :hug: I could of easily stayed in bed but work beckoned, 5am this morning & up at 4.30am tomorrow for a stressful London day, typical I plan my outfit as its photo day & the forecast is hot so will have to re-think, don't think the wool suit will be needed :oops: :lol:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby StokeySue » July 17th, 2017, 9:41 am

Morning
Sunny and warming up here
Slept like a log and late, being able to shut my bedroom door properly now means the room stays much darker at sunrise so I keep sleeping in
So I should use the resulting energy to do something useful...
.... when I've had :mug: !
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 17th, 2017, 9:49 am

Glad you are all okay! Mum is picking me up at midday. My nephew will be watching from the wings as he has an upset stomach and his mother won't allow him in the water. So I may have to show off and do a dive or plop in! Not the usual elegant ladder climb. Something to make him laugh. I am raring to go! Goggles are at the ready.
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Gruney » July 17th, 2017, 9:52 am

Had a bit of an unfortunate dog walking experience this morning. I've said before, my eldest collie has dementia, and I always keep her on her lead. I was in my usual dream world, not having to worry about what she was doing, when a large husky dog charged at my back - knocked me flying. Naturally, I lost my grip on the lead, and my dog ran off - frightened at my falling and yelling - I'm in need of knee joinery, and had twisted it in my fall. There was no point calling Blod back - she exists in a different world for large parts of the time, and I was worried she'd run into the car park. She had, in fact, but someone who recognised her managed to grab her before there was a tragedy.

The woman who owned the husky type, completely exculpated herself by saying the dog was wearing a muzzle - so that's perfectly all right then :evil: All I know is I don't bounce as well as I used to - very painful knee, and for some reason a splitting headache.
Gruney
Registered

Postby scullion » July 17th, 2017, 10:20 am

how awful, if it was that heavy a blow on the back you may have got a bit of whiplash, that could give you a headache.
scullion
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 17th, 2017, 10:33 am

Gruney :hug:
Good that Blod was OK, and agree with scully about the whiplash, but hope it's just shock in which case a sit down with a cuppa and your OTC painkiller of choice should do the trick. If it oersists, get it checked out.

The owner sounds like an idiot, as we have discussed before, huskies are not really domestic pets
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » July 17th, 2017, 10:45 am

Gruney that's awful. Get yourself checked out. I was knocked over shortly before my knee replacement and it really made me much more doddery. Am not keen on huskies as pets. Although it was a retriever pup that floored me.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby PurpleLuv » July 17th, 2017, 10:56 am

Gruney :hug: I hate irresponsible dog owners :evil: Molly is big, demented & dog responsive, I recognise this so she stays 100% on lead unless in garden for her & others safety, I'd be tempted to report the other owner on 101, it should be on a lead. Might be worth getting yourself checked over at least to be on the safe side, could just be shock/stress giving you the bad head but be safe. So glad someone grabbed Blod :hug:
PurpleLuv
Global Moderator

Postby liketocook » July 17th, 2017, 11:48 am

Good afternoon everyone,

Gruney :hug: :hug:

Another beautiful sunny day here so hopefully a bit more gardening done later on, apart from that I've no plans but just want to enjoy the good weather while it lasts :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 17th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Huskies and part huskies are popular here usually walked by young women who are not in control of their beasts, it is also an unsuitable climate for such dogs.
Glad to read that someone caught Blod but are you OK, Gruney?

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 17th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Gruney, how awful for you both but Blod is now safe so perhaps you should take a bit of care for yourself? Some poeple should not be allowed to own dogs, or any other pet come to that.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 17th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Oh my goodness Gruney, get yourself checked out if only for our peace of mind. Have you seen the husky before?
icelesley
Registered

Postby Gruney » July 17th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Thanks for your concern, all. I took a couple of paracetomol earlier - and fell asleep for an hour! Feeling much better now, thanks. It's the sort of thing I would have seen the funny side of a few years ago - but I really was worried about Blod; and as I said, I don't bounce so well these days.

Thanks again.
Gruney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 17th, 2017, 1:04 pm

You and Blod take care Gruney :hug:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 17th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Afternoon all :wave: . Work finished for the week at last and sleep had so now am raring to go. Bedclothes are whirring in the washing machine (am I the only one who still offers a silent prayer of thanks for my automatic washing machine every time they use it? :lol: ) and I'm about to go to a supermarket for some shopping - haven't decided which one yet, it depends what's on the list which I haven't made yet. I've got GD tomorrow - it may finally be the day we go for a ride on a bus.

Gruney, I am so glad that you and Blod are in one piece but hope you are ok. I do think that any owner of a dog which does something like that when off the lead in a public place should be reported, for a large dog to approach someone from behind is not at all funny.

We had a treat at work last night. A lot of people get take away food every night but they decided to try a Burrito place not tried before and for some reason, many of us who don't usually partake decided to have one. The ordering system was first class and you could choose which individual fillings you had so each was custom made. The delivery came without a hitch with nothing missing (very unusual for the large orders they place) and some extra things thrown in as a thank you for such a large order. It was absolutely delicious :chops: :chops: . The tuna salad I was going to have is in the fridge looking a bit dejected, I may add pasta and turn it into something else :rolleyes: .

Time to get out and about before the day has gone. I've got a meeting to go to tonight :(

:hug: :hug: to all.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 17th, 2017, 2:33 pm

Only an hour to hometime :bounce: The sun is out the sky is blue, we could have a BBQ if we weren't having yesterdays leftover chicken cold with salad :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 17th, 2017, 3:00 pm

Time to start packing up and getting ready for home. Did I say, I am on holibobs next week :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: can someone sign my form please. :D
See you all tomorrow. :wave: :wave: :wave:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 17th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Signed Ice .... (don't I remember signing one for you quite recently? :? ;) )

I'm back from being shorn ... more on the floor than on my head :lol: My stylist is leaving the partnership ... the lease is up and she sees it as an opportunity to slow down a bit and just take responsibility for herself rather than virtually run the place where she is now, despite there being two other partners :rolleyes: ... she'll 'have her own chair' at another salon in the city centre owned by a chap she's worked with in the past ... I've already booked my next appointment with her.

I went back to the bus stop via M&S and picked up some new underpinnings and a nightie for our holiday ... not long until September now :bounce:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 17th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Good afternoon all,

The chilli festival was OK. The order of service was up ended so we need not have got there so early ! Frustrating but lots of tastings and in spite of my large preserves cupboard did end up buying some more unusual stuff, fennel and chilli, shrimp relish, and garlic and tamarind. We left early and stopped en route at the Dundas Aquaduct and had an ice cream then when we got home had ostrich burger & salad in a lovely rustic bun. Nearly forgot, did buy a chilli plant and am just about to re-pot it. That way we should get a bigger plant and more chillies. Also bought some seeds to plant next year.

At my other house today for a couple of hours. Dad's ashes were interred today, main cremation tablet being laid on Wednesday at 12 noon. Phew it's hot today ! Slightly hazy, the cats are flopping in the shade. Mr. Z did his tsunami commander training today and got home early and disturbed my snooze :rolleyes: He said he would not be home until 5pm.

Grass to be cut tomorrow before the storms that are promised. Let my new hens out for a mini wander around the pen, they enjoyed pecking at the grass. I have over a full tray of eggs now ! 2 every day for the last 2 weeks.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 17th, 2017, 5:44 pm

Good evening everyone,
It's been a lovely afternoon most of which I spent lazing in the sunshine with a little bit of gardening chucked in so I didn't feel completely idle.

A cheeky wasp is trying to build a nest in my hose casing :evil: - I've filled any gaps with nest destroyer so fingers crossed.

I had one of my homemade frozen mango yoghurts it was tasty but I think it would have worked better as a lolly as it was pretty solid so hard to get out of the dish.

Going with quiche and something option for dinner later
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 17th, 2017, 5:48 pm

We had a quick supper ... an M&S pizza and salad ... now I'm going to flollop on the sofa ...............................
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 17th, 2017, 6:18 pm

Gruney and Blod. :hug: Could have been worse! Glad you are both safe and sound.
Suffolk - you have had a drastic mop chop? Like me a fortnight ago. A Bob cut turned crop. What a relief in this weather. I bet you look and feel stunning.
Glad the chilli fest was good Zosh!
I had a beautiful swim. There were swimming lessons at each end of the pool so us serious swimmers were restricted to widths which was fine but a tad annoying once you realise how much time you are spending stopping, turning, kicking off and starting again. I felt like i really wanted to get a welly on! My nephew kept waving at me from poolside so of course I had to keep waving back. There is a large play ground opposite the pool so I was frog marched over there after my swim and I can honestly say I have never felt as blessed as today. An auntie. Lovely. And not just because you can hand them back afterwards. I wonder when Ted and his Mother will be ready for a sleepover.....
And I just remembered...on the way into the pool they were cashing up and asked me to pay on my way out. Oops, forgot! :oops: :tu: :grin: I shall own up next time...
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 17th, 2017, 6:31 pm

Gruney ... glad you're ok ... take it steady for a few days ... it wouldn't do any harm letting the police know what happened and might save someone else having a similar experience ... they might bounce even less well than you ;)

Tezza ... I had my very short chop a few months ago, but my forced immobility meant I was really overdue for attention ... I was no longer an Annie Lennox double ;) ; more like Worzel Gummidge :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop