Eckington Manor

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Eckington Manor

Postby Sloe-Gin » July 13th, 2017, 2:02 pm

Excuse me if I wax lyrical, but I must tell you about my evening out at Eckington Manor. The chef there, Mark Stinchcombe was, as you may know, the 2015 Masterchef Professionals winner and, together with his wife they produce some of the best food I have ever tasted (and I have tasted some very fine food!)

I was staying near Worcester, with an Australian friend and her husband, who were house sitting at the home of a mutual friend who was in Sweden! Nothing like international relationships, is there?

I was told to bring 'glad rags' but not told where we were going. That remained a closely guarded secret until we turned into the drive. My jaw dropped.

From the moment the thin slivers of crisp biscuits, with truffle oil cream, passed my lips, I was in heaven! An amuse bouche followed: butternut pannacotta, with caramelised apple, shards of blue cheese and sweet potato, perfection in the blending of the flavours.

For my first course, I chose Fillet of hake, curried aubergine, crispy onion and sweetcorn and my friend chose cured duck, fois gras (after first checking its provenance), artichoke, walnut and apple.

This was followed by warm bread; light fennel and a mini baguette.

For my mains, I chose chicken, broad beans, hen of the woods and radish, whilst Deb had Stone bass, cockles, clams, macaroni and sea veg.

It was hard to choose a dessert, but choose we did: raspberry souffle and pistachio ice cream and, for me Strawberries, elderflower parfait, meringue and basil.

We managed coffee and petits fours, before rolling back in the sunset, a rather lovely way to end a stay with a very special friend, for whom my thanks know no bounds.

The service was friendly, unstuffy and not over attentive.

If you get the chance, go there and enjoy!

Eckington 1.jpg

Eckington 2.jpg

Eckington 3.jpg

Eckington 4.jpg

Eckington 5.jpg
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Re: Eckington Manor

Postby suffolk » July 13th, 2017, 2:32 pm

That looks the most marvellous meal SG ... deeply envious here ....... what a wonderful sounding menu and what a wonderful sounding friend .... has she room for any more? ;)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Luca » July 13th, 2017, 4:42 pm

That looks wonderful SG. What a feast! Thanks for sharing. Only problem is I'm hungry now and the fridge is sadly depleted!
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby Zosherooney » July 15th, 2017, 6:50 pm

Sounds sublime Sloe :chops: What a lovely surprise..... :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 16th, 2017, 5:52 am

What a treat! It looks wonderful and just what you deserved! I think I would like to go there ..... :chops:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 16th, 2017, 7:57 am

Yum yum! I could tuck into that lot and go back for seconds! Thanks for sharing.
Christmas is upon us - yippee!
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 16th, 2017, 9:06 am

SG I am seriously impressed with that souffle. By no means the only delicious looking thing though.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop