Chatterbox LXXVIII Olivia

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXVIII Olivia

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 8th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Evening all.
Is it just me or is there a definite positive vibe around here? :grin:
I just had a chat with my Mum on the phone and where conversation usually turns negative, I managed very well to steer things in a positive direction. I have arranged a hair cut round at my Sister's on Wednesday. Spoke to Nephew Ted briefly on the phone. He us four and was more interested in playing with Doug, his kitten.
I have a sweet tooth coming on so may have to make a cake or something.
Loving these dark afternoons/evenings. Time to get the PJ's on I think!
Cosy evenings to all!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2017, 5:42 pm

earthmaiden wrote:I had never thought of using bought gelatine for the jelly, what a good idea. I usually boil a pig's trotter.

I use home made chicken stock which does gel, but stiffen it up a bit with gelatine so that it doesn't seep out.

Well, once we got there we had an absolutely lovely time with the Chinches, but thank goodness we'd arranged to meet for drinks 45 mins before the time the table was booked for ... we arrived with just five minutes to spare as the Norwich Ring Road was packed solid due to some major roadworks we were unaware of ... lunch was delicious ... Chinch and I had roast beef rib with all the trimmings, mine was served perfectly medium rare and full of flavour. The roasties were done in goosefat, the Yorkies light and crisp and the veg were a mix of red cabbage, butternut squash, spinach and roast parsnips and a little pot of cauliflower cheese each. Mr Chinch had battered hake and chips with a very good curry sauce (we tested it ;) ) and The Artist had a Goat cheese and Mediterranean vegetable pie with crispy battered onion rings. For pud Chinch had a lovely looking apple crumble and ice cream, Mr Chinch had lemon drizzle cake and ice cream, and The Artist and I shared a cheese platter of Binham Blue and smoked Cheddar, with fresh grapes, grape chutney and Millers crispy thin charcoal wafers. There was lots of nattering done and of course we went back to Chinch Towers for coffee and to say hello to the beautiful pusscats.

This is where we had lunch http://www.whitehorseoverstrand.co.uk/
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Purps :D :tu: :tu: :tu: :hi5: :cocktail: :cocktail:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 6:04 pm

BOO!!!!
:lol:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » October 8th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Glad you are home safe Suffs, lovely day, lovely lunch.

Purps :hi5:

EM, will try and fix something up for early November, things are a bit up in the air at the moment CP wise, not sure if I may be doing more days for them, but I should know something in the next couple of weeks. You have my 'phone number.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 6:13 pm

Ellooooooooowwwwwwwww!!!!!!! :wave:
:wave:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 6:40 pm

:( *sigh* :(
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Amber » October 8th, 2017, 7:04 pm

Theresa’s post reminded me of an old, old recipe involving C&B condensed mushroom soup, broccoli, and presumably cooked chicken breasts. Possibly with cheesey breadcrumbs on top? Did anyone else make it? I remember eating it at friends, but I don’t remember ever making it, even though it was, at the time, tasty.
Amber
Registered

Postby mogatogs » October 8th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Hi Grassy, how you doing?

Is your laptop behaving itself

:hug: :hug:
mogatogs
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Yes it is at the moment. Carrying on with my book-list & I've put a couple of games back on :tu:
:bounce:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 8th, 2017, 7:19 pm

Hi grassy :D hi Mogatogs :D
Amber ... Could if have had crushed cheese & onion crisps on top?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Amber » October 8th, 2017, 7:25 pm

Sounds awful, but possibly..

ETA I’ve just found the recipe, it included potatoes, carrots and red Leicester, no crisps.
Amber
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 7:34 pm

Ellow Suffs! :wave:
Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 8th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Time for me to hop offski now - M****y tomorrow!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;)

Nit nit :hug:

Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 8th, 2017, 10:13 pm

Amber wrote:Theresa’s post reminded me of an old, old recipe involving C&B condensed mushroom soup, broccoli, and presumably cooked chicken breasts. Possibly with cheesey breadcrumbs on top? Did anyone else make it? I remember eating it at friends, but I don’t remember ever making it, even though it was, at the time, tasty.

Chicken diwan or divan
Always made with Campbell's condensed mushroom soup as I remember it but the current recipe says broccoli soup, which I don't think was around back then in prehistoric times
https://www.cookwithcampbells.ca/recipe/easy-chicken-and-broccoli-divan/
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2017, 5:12 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I suspect that this morning will be taken up with conversations with our TV programme supplier, we have not had any. We cannot watch via the laptop as we live outside the UK. We have watched a lot of DVDs, last night was Evita and Love, actually

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 9th, 2017, 7:07 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. The weekend flew by. :rolleyes: It's a bit chilly today, not helped by the fact some numpty has been messing with the air con and set it as cold as it will go :twisted: :twisted: Now it is raining :rolleyes: Roll on the end of November ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2017, 7:24 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
I hope that TV service and air con are both restored quickly to their proper state :shock:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2017, 7:29 am

One of the problems with the TV is that we also use it for radio. I can get radio via the laptop but the volume is low

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2017, 7:30 am

I would be totally lost without the radio!
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 9th, 2017, 7:53 am

Good morning everyone,
"Normality" has returned to Chez LTC as offspring have all departed, though younger son is back tomorrow night as he is very kindly taking me to see the balance consultant on Wednesday :)
Purps - :hi5: :tu:
Smitch - I hope you manage to wash your hair it really does help you feel better.

I had a lovely, though hectic weekend. The theme for the meal on Saturday was Tex-Mex and I made Beef Barbacoa (Mexican pulled beef) for the first time and it certainly won't be the last it was gorgeous :D . Unfortunately somehow I've put my back out :( and it's very stiff and painful so I'm pretty welded to a heat pad. I have some super-duper painkillers that I got when it went last year but I'm trying not to resort to them as they knock me out and I feel I'd be better keeping mobile if I can, hopefully it will settle before I get put through my paces on Wednesday.

Campbells condensed soup was the mainstay of many a quick dinner when the boys were small. They used to do a cheese & ham one which was fab for pasta sauce in a hurry :D , but that seems to have disappeared. I still always have a can lurking in the cupboard ;)

I think another :mug: is needed and then I'll see if I can man-handle myself into the shower. A walk in one is on my wish list but at the moment it's over the bath. Otherwise it will be a "possible" :lol: wash at the sink :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby smitch » October 9th, 2017, 8:46 am

Morning all :hug: OH is at work today, but I can get up and down the stairs ok now so should be fine.

My husband managed to wash my hair for me and I had a bit of a freshen up with a flannel so I feel much better. Amazing what a difference something so small can make.

Think I'll have a day on the sofa snuggling rats and guinea pigs (not at the same time!). Time for :mug: first though.
smitch
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 9th, 2017, 8:47 am

Morning everyone :wave:

I couldn't live without my radio either :luv: o I hope you get sorted soon Moira.

Some happy eatings and meetings over the weekend. LTC have you tried the ibuprofen gel? If you are able to use it it is really good for the odd pulled muscle

I'm busy sorting out my glad rags for our trip to Vonnas tomorrow. I only have one dress and I'm trying to decide if I should take that or a pair of silk crepe trousers and a lovely top. for the very posh restaurant on Wednesday. We are really looking forward to it but am having a few butterflies as it is a longer drive than we have done for some while and I hate loathe and detest motorways, especially the A6. We only have to take it as far as Montellimar and then take off across some beautiful country side on the old route we alsways used.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 9th, 2017, 8:56 am

Ratatouille wrote: LTC have you tried the ibuprofen gel? If you are able to use it it is really good for the odd pulled muscle

Yes - I'm currently plastered in the stuff :)

Smitch - good you got a wash and your hair washed it really does help.

I managed a quick shower but drying was tricky so I still feel a bit damp! A further :mug: is on the go and toast & mashed avocado with a sprinkling of grated cheese and a spoon of lurking salsa has been consumed so I'm feeling a bit more human. I'm going to see if any of my physio exercises will help ease it off a bit :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 9th, 2017, 9:45 am

Morning all. I am expecting my Aunt any minute now and have parsnip soup heating up with first time for me mushroom dumplings. They are puffing up such a treat I think I might need to shift it to a bigger pan! Just fed the sparrows, again. They are so beautiful to watch and listen to.
Tonight I think I will have a veggie burger for tea.
Did anyone watch Piers Morgan this morning interviewing a vegan writer/campaigner? I laughed my socks off! The interviewee had some good things to say and held his own quite well I thought!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2017, 10:17 am

It is sunny here but there is a very stiff breeze, I have had to change into a top with elbow length sleeves :o

The TV saga continues, at present I am going over to Paphos to get our digi box reprogrammed to a different provider. This means that I shall have 50 minute drive there, a similar drive back just to watch television. I must look for a provider in Limassol, that should mean less driving.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby scullion » October 9th, 2017, 11:08 am

liketocook wrote:I managed a quick shower but drying was tricky so I still feel a bit damp!

do you have a hair drier? - they are quite good at drying your other bits, too. towelling dressing gowns dry you without much input, as well.
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2017, 12:41 pm

Hello! Just read back .. lots of chat today. The Norfolk lunch sounded delicious :chops: . May see you in Nov Chinch (and Suffs?) but we'll see how busy we all are.

Last night shift done. I have had a sleep and eaten breakfast but reading about all the lovely things people are cooking and eating has made me quite hungry. I need to go shopping in a minute as GD is coming tomorrow so will have to avoid 'hungry' shopping. I seem to have got bogged down with quite a narrow meal repertoire with GD but as she comes a maximum of once a week that's probably fine. We were given exactly the same things every time we visited MIL for nearly 40 years :lol: .

I have tried Campbells 'favourite' recipes in recent times and find the concentrated soup far too salty nowadays. Our favourite was to mix Campbells Mushroom or Chicken soup with tinned tuna and pour it over mashed potatoes. We also mixed the tomato soup with macaroni and sprinkled it with grated cheese (actually, that still seems like comfort food but I haven't tried it for ages!). I had the infamous green bean casserole at Thanksgiving in the USA and rather liked it.

Time to get out then back to blitz the house and catch up with missed TV progs.

Hope the day is going well for all :cocktail: :cocktail: :hug: :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 9th, 2017, 1:34 pm

scullion wrote:
liketocook wrote:I managed a quick shower but drying was tricky so I still feel a bit damp!

do you have a hair drier? - they are quite good at drying your other bits, too. towelling dressing gowns dry you without much input, as well.

What a good idea, never even crossed my mind, thanks :tu:
liketocook
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 9th, 2017, 2:09 pm

I am back. When the brown stuff hits the fan it certainly spreads far and wide :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 9th, 2017, 2:25 pm

icelesley wrote:I am back. When the brown stuff hits the fan it certainly spreads far and wide

Sound ominous :D
We now have TV, it took Andreas issuing commands to the box via the TV and Janice on the office PC to fix it. The problem has affected other people.

I remember a recipe which contained canned tuna, noodles and a can of concentrated mushroom soup. I must have cooked the noodles first, did it contain a chopped red pepper?.
I was very fond of Campbells Chicken & Rice Soup, properly diluted, of course

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 9th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Time to pack up and hit the road. See you all tomorrow :wave: :wave:
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 9th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Time to pack up and hit the road. See you all tomorrow :wave: :wave:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2017, 3:17 pm

earthmaiden wrote:ay see you in Nov Chinch (and Suffs?)

Got a few things on at the beginning of Nov ... eye test, dentist, car MOT and service, but if I'm available count me in :bounce: :tu:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby mogatogs » October 9th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Afternoon, my beloved and I are hoping to visit Norfolk beginning of November and would love a mini meet if dates coincide, we ate at the White Horse and stayed overnight, the Hake is :chops: :chops: never tasted any fish so good :bounce: till we had breakfast :luv:
Don't suppose you have a link to the Lynn News, got a chap who used to be a patient who would love a copy once a month, he had a devastating stroke and he loves to read about his former home :hug: :hug:
mogatogs
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » October 9th, 2017, 4:14 pm

Afternoon All,

Here's hoping we can manage a mini meet in November :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2017, 4:21 pm

mogatogs wrote:would love a mini meet if dates coincide

Ooooh!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Is this what you want Mogs? http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 9th, 2017, 5:37 pm

Ooooh! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: I will be around from 2nd - 5th or 6th. It would be great if we could all make it work!

Having done the shopping for GD's visit tomorrow, DS called to say she was under the weather so I'm going there tomorrow instead :rolleyes:

Nearly finished the house blitz - just got to sort out the dishwasher, put some laundry on and clean the kitchen floor. Hooray for labour-saving devices - I just want a floor mop robot .. :cocktail: :cocktail:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Sian » October 9th, 2017, 5:40 pm

:wave: :wave: :wave:
I believe my name was mentioned?? :D
As has been said I managed to 'escape' from hospital on Friday after having yet another close call re addisonian crisis :scared: :scared:
This time however I am feeling a little more hopeful - my Endocrinologist has managed to get NICE funding for a new drug -everything crossed :tu: :tu:
Of course, nothing is ever straightforward :rolleyes: - I managed to develop an abscess ....so all 'alarm buttons' were pressed because of the risk of sepsis :shock:
:shock:
I do miss 'you lot' - but was finding that, due to my typing being so slow, that a conversation had moved on while I was still respoding to the original one (does that sentence make sense :?: )
I've had a number of 'low' times this past year & when feeling down find it useful to be able to simply respond with an emoji without posting...lazy moi? :lol:
As Hazel also said - I still consider myself a wildie .... :hug: :hug: :luv: :luv:
Will try to keep up with you all and post every so often - I hope that you're all as well as you can be,
Cariad a Bendithion, Sian xxooxx
Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Sian
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 9th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Car being MOTd on 6th but otherwise ......... I'M FREE!!! ;) :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sian :hug: so lovely to 'see' you :hug: You've been missed :hug: If you don't feel like nattering just give us a :D or a ;) or even a :wave:
I really hope the new meds work for you xx
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 9th, 2017, 6:39 pm

Sian, I too have been wondering about you and missing you. Lovely o see you posting and hope you will soon feel well enough to carry on so doing :hug: :hug:

I'm going to sign off soon and say bye :wave: until Thursday evening. Mr R has put his foot down over my laptop and I have no other means of communicating !!!!
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Amber » October 9th, 2017, 8:06 pm

Lovely to see ‘old friends’ back again.

Enjoy your trip Rats, hope the motorways aren’t too bad, I hate them too...that’s part of the reason it took us so long to get to Provence. I much prefer the smaller roads, you see so much more of the local area.
Amber
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 9th, 2017, 8:11 pm

Ellow! :wave:
We like to use the mushroom soup as an ingredient too. It goes lovely with tuna or chicken. In fact, it makes a GREAT chicken & pasta dish! :chops:

Sian - you will ALWAYS be a Wildie! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » October 9th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Have just seen the time! :o

Nit nit :hug:

Grasshopper

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 9th, 2017, 8:52 pm

mogatogs wrote:the Hake is :chops: :chops: never tasted any fish so good

That's a coincidence as I have been extolling the virtues of a gastropub in Gerrards Cross that we discovered on Saturday (it came top out of 16 on TripAdvisor) on Facebook ... the most delicious 3 course set lunch for £19 ...the main course was Newlyn Hake .. and it was absolutely delicious. Today, I took a friend of mine back there for her 70th ... and it was just as good - I wasn't at all bothered that I had the same meal 2 days ago ;) I also discovered that this pub and a couple of other restaurants are owned by Terry Wogan's daughter .. I understand that Lady Wogan goes there regularly and gets mates rates ;) :lol:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 9th, 2017, 10:32 pm

Just about to shut my eyes for the day, if I can pull them away from Brad Pitt in Seven.

A fantastic day with my Aunt. She adored my parsnip soup with dumplings and later treated me to the first Chinese takeaway I have had in probably ten years. We talked each others socks off and had a good giggle whilst doing an important paperwork job. The talking and giggling is what turned a two hour job into an eight hour one! I rounded off my day with a stroll to my local shop when I realised it really is too dangerous to be a woman alone at night on my street. Too many unsavoury characters hanging about and a big reputation for drug dealing, which I have witnessed in daylight. Shan't be doing that again!

Welcome back to the fold Sian. :hug: :hug: As already said, a little wave here and there will do us, as long as you are okay. :tu:

Hello again Brad! And goodnight again folks. :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 10th, 2017, 5:15 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, good to see you, again, Sian.
Nothing planned here either but I know that I shall have a pile of i****** later.
I wish that Kyriacos would put the new shelf into the cupboard then I shall be able to rearrange the cans and jars plus check for items that need replacing such as cans of chickpeas.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 10th, 2017, 6:52 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. Hi Sian :wave: :wave: :wave: Nice to hear from you, if you can't post too much just read to keep up with the foodie gossip ;)
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 10th, 2017, 7:36 am

Morning all! Up bright and early to get ready to take the baking things over to GD's . Looks a very grey and damp autumnal day out there.

Glad you had a lovely day Tezza - you really seem to have hit it off with your aunt!

Have a lovely time Rats.

:hug: :hug: to everyone else, nice to see you here Sian.

Have a good day everyone! :mug: :mug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby smitch » October 10th, 2017, 7:44 am

Morning all! Sounds like a miserable day outside. I'm expecting a delivery of food from Rat Rations today, hope I can get down the stairs quickly enough to answer the door :lol: other than that I have no plans for the day. I'm feeling much better, almost back to normal apart from the awful ovary stitch :( One more day and it will be gone though!

Have a lovely day everyone :hug:
smitch
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop