Chatterbox LXXIX Piran

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXIX Piran

Postby cyprusmoira » November 27th, 2017, 6:17 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, sunny here this morning.
Car parking seems to be problem everywhere. Cypriots are terrible, there are urban myths of vehicles being driven on to church steps so that the driver does not have to walk. Even I have been known to ignore double yellow lines ;)

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 27th, 2017, 6:24 am

Good morning from a very wet Harrow. The dogs may have to miss their walk this morning as I don't want to arrive at Court sodden. We're on the fourth week of the trial and it looks like we might be finished by Thursday but so far it's been full of surprises so who knows?
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 27th, 2017, 7:16 am

We have more dampness in the air and it is blowing a hooley out there. At my other house today for a couple of hours.

I have booked a couple of tickets to see this lot as a Christmas pressie surprise for Mr. Z. I think the style of music will suit his ear. http://moscowdrugclub.com
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2017, 8:13 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Wet out there :rolleyes: I shall have to get up and find something nice yet warm to wear ... I've arranged to meet a gardening friend who lives in the Dordogne for coffee ... they have a cottage in Norfolk and are here for a few days. :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 27th, 2017, 8:42 am

Good morning
Wet here too, we have obviously had a fair bit of rain overnight, currently the sort of drizzle that looks like fog through the window
Going to the British Museum to see Scythians
Will do a little shopping in the neighbourhood maybe
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 27th, 2017, 8:53 am

Morning all,
Wet, windy and grey here. I was up late last night watching interesting documentaries and a bit of Lee Mack (silly me) so am finding it hard to get out of my cosy pit, but my Mum will be round soon to take me to have my eyeball looked at. I told my Dad last night that my bad eye was itching. He said 'Well, you'll be looking at it tomorrow'. I said 'I can't look at my own eye!'. He said 'Have you tried a mirror?'.
So, time to find some warm and waterproof clothing for the day!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 27th, 2017, 9:14 am

Morning all! :wave: . Looks as though most people were busy doing other things over the weekend!

Seatallen = :hug: :hug: your visit sounded poignant but special.

Busy weekend here, was out on Friday and supposed to be at a convention all weekend but we had a bit of a family crisis on Saturday so I stayed at home and helped with that and just went yesterday. A lovely day with like-minded people which included a beautiful soul-feeding country walk in the afternoon. I've taken the next 3 days off work as I was owed shifts. The idea was to go full steam ahead and sort out Christmas shopping and housework but I now have a committee meeting to go to at midday and the morning is flying by. Midday is an awkward time and lunch has not been mentioned. I must pop out in a minute as I am down to bare minimum boring food here and I shall have brunch when I come back. I will take some cake or biscuits - two people are vegetarian and prefer GF so will have to find something suitable. I think that housework will have to wait yet another day .. or two as tomorrow WILL be Christmas shopping! I might go down to Bath to get in the mood. They have extended the area of the Christmas market this year it sounded as though it has been done to create more space for people rather than to add more stalls but the blurb does say there are 30 more stalls so who knows?!

Hope everyone has a good day and that they can sort your eye out Tezza :hug: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 27th, 2017, 9:49 am

Morning everyone :wave:

After a chilly start it is brighr and calm this morning so first load of washing is our drying. % Christmas puds steaming in the kitchen and finger's crossed that the gas cylinder doesn't run out and have to be changed.

Hope you get good eye news Tezza. I'm finre about putting eye drops in - except if they sting. In that case Mr r has to hold me down and keep my eyelid open - he has his uses sometimes :luv:

parking used to be terrible in town here too Moira. Market days were a nightmare with cars on traffic islands, the middle of roundabouts and even zebra type crossings. Then they got everything organised - or tried to. Painted spaces and started charging with fines for miscreants. They clrearly needed funds :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've got loads of bits of food to use up so an wracking my brains as to how to be creative. I have some choucroute, two pieces of smoked pork and a Strasburg sausage plus 3 plain boiled spuds, half a quiche and a bit of foie gras oh and half a baguette!! All suggestions gratefully received.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 27th, 2017, 10:04 am

I use a lot of eye drops, I tend to lie back on the bed, so much easier to keep the eye open

But I get really annoyed that expensive prescription only eye drops are packaged in terrible dropper bottles that are very hard to use, it shouldn't be allowed (could easily be made a condition of marketing authorisation). Good and presumably cheap bottles do exist, Teva generics are always fine, it's the originals that aren't
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby liketocook » November 27th, 2017, 10:23 am

Good morning everyone,
EM - hope the family crisis has settled :hug: :hug: , housework in my opinion can usually always wait if there is something better to do ;)
I'm ok at putting drops in my own eyes but hate having to do it for anyone else, it gives me the collywobbles for some reason :? Hope you get ok at the hospital Tezza. :hug:
It's still blinking freezing here but the worst of the wind/hail/sleet seems to have calmed down. :)
Usual toast & fruit for breakfast with the last of a tub of cottage cheese. I'm hoping the protein might curb the munchies I've been battling for a couple of days. Lunch will be chicken broth from the freezer with a small piece of chicken LO from last night and tonight it's spag bol made with ragu from the freezer. My aim is to use up as many of my pre-made foods as I can in the next couple of weeks and start afresh in the New Year. That said I'm planning on making Delia's goulash soup and dumplings tomorrow which will make more than one portion so some of that may end up in the freezer. Didn't get as far as writing my CHristmas cards yesterday so might get some done this afternoon. I also must finish & bottle my bramble vodka this week.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 27th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Morning Wildies :wave: :luv:

PP- hope jury service finishes soon. I expect you'll be glad to see the end of it won't you?
EM- thanks :hug: :hug: and hope you have a lovely day in Bath tomorrow.

Big hugs to all- will catch you later. :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » November 27th, 2017, 12:58 pm

.I hear that we are in for a bout of Royal Wedding nausea :rolleyes: If as I understand the lady is divorced then it cannot be a massive church wedding. When his father married again it was at Windsor Town Hall.
There is a different crisis here, Deb's Monday group had arranged their Christmas lunch for next Monday. They meet in restaurant/pool area of some holiday flats, this morning there was a hand written notice saying that they would be closing for Christmas next weekend. So there is much scrambling around trying to find somewhere else, my suggestion is Pasta Farm, it looks small from the front but there is a large area at the back and a properly enclosed taverna. I have seen what is obviously committee meetings in progress there.

I must now move as Deb wants the kitchen so that she cut fabric for dress making

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » November 27th, 2017, 1:12 pm

Good Afternoon Wild Ones. It is raining ....again :rolleyes: and it is really cold, I have had to put the heating on :o At lEast the hailstorm has passed now. I posted my Christmas cards on Friday when I went into work, well it would be remiss of me not to put them in the works mail ;) Wednesday is a visit to the solicitor to sign my final papers, then Thursday is the last day for everyone, thank goodness I said my goodbyes the week before last, the place will be awash with tears. :(
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » November 27th, 2017, 3:30 pm

Afternoon All

The happy couple have only just made the announcement and I am already bored by the whole thing.

Been damp and mizzly here all day, now its getting cold again and will be for the rest of the week. The garage have my car, the clutch and another part have to be replaced, they have lent us a courtesy car, thank goodness. Phoned them at 8.45 this morning, they were here to collect mine and deliver the other car by 9.15, that's what I call great service. There will be a box of home made mince pies delivered when mine is fixed.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby mogatogs » November 27th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Afternoon, obviously I am the only one that is thrilled by the announcement :hug: :hug: very best wishes to them both :hug:

Weather rubbish here, cold and very damp, never mind another exciting day (not!) At haematology tomorrow, where I shall write my Christmas cards to alleviate boredom :rolleyes:

My lovely George is doing pretty well lovely Vet very pleased, owner not so, he has been using the toilet to do poodedoo :twisted: I have developed a rather sensitive stomach and :sprout:

Have a lovely evening :hug: :hug:
mogatogs
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Hello again all ... back home after lots of coffee and lots of chatting and a bit of shopping :D .... the weather's horrid out there now ... really wet and miserable ... almost sleet. I'd better have a read back and see what you've all been up to ........

Chinch ... that's really good service :tu:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 27th, 2017, 4:27 pm

Afternoon you miserable lot :lol: ... I am happy at the wedding news and looking forward to hear what the provisos will be (so much better than the usual gloom, doom, violence and Brexit). He's 5th in line to the throne now so one would hope has little chance of having to be King some day.

Glad George is doing well mogs :luv: - sorry your car is not Chinch :hug: . Hope Debs finds somewhere suitable Moira - what a let down! Good thinking with the Christmas card posting icey!!

I like the sound of Delia's goulash soup and dumplings - I must look up the recipe.

Trying hard to think of what to make with Rat's leftovers ... I think a meal of several small courses is the best answer! It could be called Mezze or Tapas or something :).

Nice afternoon at a very constructive and friendly meeting, I am going to relax this evening and turn a blind eye to the jobs that need doing. They will all be done on Wednesday.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » November 27th, 2017, 4:44 pm

Here you go EM https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/int ... -dumplings I follow recipe more or less as is but pressure cook it so don't add the flour after browning the beef. I add everything bar the tomatoe puree,potatoes, peppers and dumplings and pressure cook for 30 minutes once I can open it I add the spuds and peppers and open simmer it until the spuds are almost soft then add the dumplings and cover and simmer. Iuse thyme instead of marjoram and I add a 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds and some more thyme to the dumpling mix. It's lovely dish for cold weather :) I'm sure it would work in a slow cooker as well though I've not tried that, mainly through the laziness of wanting to cook it all in one pot as my slowcooker is a basic one without a browning function.

ETA - I use stewing not braising steak
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 27th, 2017, 5:03 pm

Afternoon all,
First of all, when I heard the Royal engagement news I thought, nooooooo! Press overload prediction! But if we choose to ignore we can! They do look very happy. :luv: I was doing some washing up away from the TV when it was live announced, but I caught a glimpse and will no doubt be bombarded with repeats later! I do love a good wedding! I always end up balling my eyes out!
Talking of eyes - apparently I have a condition called Blepharitis. Basically, blocked eye lid glands. Yuck! The secretions are not doing what they should be doing to look after my eyes. They have prescribed three months of antibiotics, steroid and dry eye drops, and have told me get hold of an Eye Bag (they could have easily called it an Eye-Ball-Bag :lol: ) which is like a warmed up flannel compress specifically designed to be warmed up in the microwave and held on the eyes for five minutes every day to get the glands stimulated. Good if you have a microwave! I'll get my flannel out! Apparently this is treatable, not curable, but is not sight threating!
For dinner tonight I fancy a luscious looking carton of fresh vegetable soup and might even push the boat out and make dumplings. I might make two small dumplings to represent eyeballs, or four to represent the fact that I just found out my Sister has had the same condition for ages! Any excuse to pig out on dumplings! :lol:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 27th, 2017, 5:20 pm

cyprusmoira wrote:.I hear that we are in for a bout of Royal Wedding nausea :rolleyes: If as I understand the lady is divorced then it cannot be a massive church wedding. When his father married again it was at Windsor Town Hall. Moira

Hmmm. Wasn’t that more because they were both adulterers and had been living together for years? And Camilla is not expected to become queen.

I’m pleased too. I love the pomp and the music around these occasions. I’m also pleased that Meghan is mixed race.

Sea, I’m enjoying Court when we’re actually in there. Today we were called for 10 am and went in at 2.45.i was Home buy half past three. :x
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Well, if Meghan is RC and is now divorced wouldn't another marriage technically be adultery? Not that I give a damn about that ... I think Prince Charles got it about right ... 'Thanks for the congratulations and I hope they'll be very happy together'. Fits the bill I think.

I quite like an occasional bit of theatre/pageantry so I'll give it a look when it happens ... otherwise it falls into the category of two people have fallen in love and are going to get married. My nephew is marrying his fiancée in May and my niece is marrying her lovely chap in June ... thank goodness I'm unlikely to be invited to H&M's bash ... I can't afford three wedding outfits in as many months :rolleyes: ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 27th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Oh goodness, my heart would sink to my boots if I received an invitation! :lol: :lol:. The wedding can only be quite low key - it is only a few years since there would have been a terrible hullabaloo about him wanting to marry someone with all those credentials, we have come a long way already. I would like to have been a fly on the wall at what has gone on behind the scenes.

Tezza - glad they have given you a diagnosis and that your sight is not threatened.

Thank you for the recipe ltc :chops: :chops: . I like the look of it very much!

Time to think about supper. I treated myself to a reduced (in price) chicken pie in Morrisons this morning .. I know how to live (but an rather fond of bought chicken pies as well as home made!).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Busybee » November 27th, 2017, 6:23 pm

I have just watched their interview on the news, she seemed eloquent,sensible and thoughtful. I hope that they will be very happy together.

I’m so looking forward to a friends daughters wedding in mid December. I’d like a smallish covering of snow in Gloucestershire on the 16th if that could be arranged?

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2017, 7:20 pm

cyprusmoira wrote: If as I understand the lady is divorced then it cannot be a massive church wedding.

Apparently it's down to the officiating priest, and from what I've read the Archbishop of Canterbury is happy to give it the green light

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2 ... h-wedding/
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 27th, 2017, 7:42 pm

It is always nice to see people who obviously have something going between them annancing their marriage. Neither of us can help but feel a tad cynical though. If you know the story of Wallace Simpson and porr old Princess Margaret.

Naughty Mr R said he would love to see the DNA of any children they might produce - especially on Harry's side - and we all know about that one ;)

Still anything is better than Brexit is it not?

I am very impressed by the work Megan has d with sanitary protectionone in Africa with young girls and the problems they encounter
with sanitary protection matters. So good for her.

I eventually made a pasta bake with the combined, finely. charcuterie and a tomato& ceps sauce topped with cheese and breadcrumbs. Mr R loved it. I managed a few spoonfuls with lots of broccoli

Lunch was the quiche with suateed spuds and beetroot and balsamic salad.

Puddings steamed and cooling ready to wrap properly tomorrow.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby miss mouse » November 27th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Ratatouille wrote: If you know the story of Wallace Simpson and porr old Princess Margaret.

That is rather a long time ago and society has moved on somewhat.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 27th, 2017, 8:02 pm

Ratatouille wrote:
Naughty Mr R said he would love to see the DNA of any children they might produce - especially on Harry's side - and we all know about that one. ;)

I think you should read “Diana, Closely Guarded Secret” by ex Royal Protecton Officer Ken Wharfe. He makes no secret of the fact that Diana had many lovers, but he puts the Hewitt rumours firmly to bed. She did not meet him until 3 years after Harry was born.

Ken was previously a Sergeant in the Met Police to one of our oldest friends and is to be trusted implicitly.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 27th, 2017, 8:04 pm

suffolk wrote:
cyprusmoira wrote: If as I understand the lady is divorced then it cannot be a massive church wedding.

Apparently it's down to the officiating priest, and from what I've read the Archbishop of Canterbury is happy to give it the green light

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2 ... h-wedding/

They’ve said on the local news that Windsor have been given the heads up for the ceremony, as per Charles & Camilla, Edward & Sophie.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » November 27th, 2017, 8:38 pm

I think Prince Harry is the spit of his (Spencer) Aunt Sarah.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » November 27th, 2017, 8:44 pm

Ellow!
Another Royal wedding - wonder what souveniers they will be bringing out! And yes - I'm happy that Harry has finally decided to settle down and get married.

Did anybode watch BP2 last nite - AWESOME episode! And it's out on DVD today!!!

A quick add-on - the book is half price at Waterstones until about Weds.

Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 27th, 2017, 10:43 pm

miss mouse wrote:
Ratatouille wrote: If you know the story of Wallace Simpson and porr old Princess Margaret.

That is rather a long time ago and society has moved on somewhat.

That's as maybe but you have to admit that this is a very modern romance for royalty ... getting to know each other in a tent in Botswana as a second date, shacking up together almost immediately, her RC, a divorcee and mixed race. We don't blink at any of that these days generally but it's still a heck of a jump for the Royal Family to air such things so publicly ... and yes, I do think of Wallace Simpson and Princess Margaret and feel sorry that they were unable to enjoy such freedom. I suspect the Queen does too.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 28th, 2017, 12:27 am

Is she RC? She went to a church school but no other evidence of religion
Anyway, takes the attention away from Brexit and I'm a celebrity etc. which is good.
She's 36 so just as well she's not obliged to produce an heir pronto
Charles actually managed to look chuffed, bless him
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 28th, 2017, 6:12 am

Morning all,
My insomnia has crept back in. I need a job! Then I could make myself go to bed at a reasonable time, not bed early, wake early, or bed late, wake late! I can't remember the last time I had to set an alarm. :sad: Hopefully job centre today today will point me in the right direction because I am sick of waking up to repeats of Golden Balls, but not holding my breath.
There is no frost today so that's a bonus. Had to sleep with my window open as it was so mild.
Now, I am not sure if it was a dream or reality, but what woke me was what seemed like a horrible Daddy Longlegs crawling up my arm! It's not the season is it? Could have been a spid! All I know is I keep looking for it on the carpet. No joy (or un-joy) so far so must have been a dream!
They're talking about deep fried Mars Bars on TV. In all my travels to Scotland, where I believe the idea first came into fruition, I have never seen one. Has anyone tried one? I have tried battered and deep fried saveloys in my youth and more recently a gherkin version courtesy of EFCliz, but never anything sweet! I'm thinking the Mars Bars must be popular of they wouldn't keep serving them?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » November 28th, 2017, 6:22 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, it is raining here but it is only light rain, I will probably run out of it when I go down the hill.
Tezza: have you tried listening to the radio? Less stressful than TV, except if you have to shout at the Today programme

A lock of collared doves has settled on the potting table and are generally pecking around, they look very pretty,

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 28th, 2017, 6:59 am

Morning all, seems fairly mild today, the fluffs have gone out to check their territory. Wuzzle managed to get one of his paws caught in the catalflap last night - he went ballistic, hissing and yowling, I tried to help but managed to break 3 of my fingernails and he finally pulled himself free. No worse for wear, but he is wary of the catflap now..... Thankfully the main one is not of the same type so he is OK with that one.

Need to attend some work in the garden today if it is not raining otherwise it will be sorting present wrapping.

On the wedding front, I am glad that they are both happy but already fed up hearing about it - ALL EVENING !!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » November 28th, 2017, 8:11 am

TeresaFoodie wrote: Had to sleep with my window open as it was so mild.

Blimey. Luton must have its own micro climate. I was so cold last night I had to supplement the heavy duvet with two dogs.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby dennispc » November 28th, 2017, 8:51 am

Always nice when couples get married, but that's it. Lovely to hear they got it together before they get married – that's happiness. Just think though about her life from now on – every time she steps outside she will be judged. Her life will be dominated by protocol, sycophants and scrutiny. Not nice.

I don't think I'm being miserable as I can't see an event only available on TV will make me any happier than I am. A hug from grandsons, granddaughters, or indeed anyone can do that. I wish them well.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 28th, 2017, 9:41 am

StokeySue wrote:Is she RC? She went to a church school but no other evidence of religion

On further reading, I think you are right. There seemed to be an indication that she was a while back.

I have never had a deep fried Mars bar - sweet fritters are nice, I expect they are quite nice but I think I would only want a mini one!

Good morning all! :wave: A lovely day here. I wasn't too cold last night but I had had the heating on all evening and always boil the bed with the electric blanket before climbing in :lol: . I'm off to Bath in a minute with Christmas shopping in mind. For some reason my mind can only focus on a Bath bun with cinnamon butter and coffee in the Pump Room :oops: . Tonight is a meeting of the women's social group I belong to. We meet in each other's houses. I think it will be a full house as a member recently moved away but the lady who moved in has joined us. We're all dying to see what she's done to the house.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » November 28th, 2017, 9:46 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. I was woken up by the gritters gritting at 2.15am this morning :twisted: I know it has to be done, but can't they do it quietly. :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 28th, 2017, 9:52 am

Morning eveyone :wave:

Christmas pudding wrapped up and in the cellar. hens and birdies fed. Leaves to sweep up next - t

The wedding has given our French neighbours something to talk about. We're expected to be experts on all matters royal. I think many French people would secretly like a royal family of their own. Princess margaret had a house very near here - still in the family. The local people are very protective of them and always say how sad it was she never found real happiness. When that photograph of Wills and Kate appeared in the papers there was outrage.

Tezza have you tried the radio rather than the television? It is a well known fact that any screen light is bad for sleep. I get very cross of Mr R brings his Kindle to bed and even crosser if he switches it on in the early hours. Hope you get some sensible help re jobs today. I watches Employable Me last night and found it very moving.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » November 28th, 2017, 10:10 am

Good morning everyone,
I've never seen a deep fried mars bar round here, though I'm sure the local chippy would batter & fry one if asked. Irn bru is meant to be a nice addition to a sweet batter :shock: , though although apparently it's our "other national drink", I can't stand the stuff. I'm not fussed about whisky either ;)

I'm currently munching toast and cheesespread, I've the last of the chicken broth defrosting for lunch and I'll make goulash in a bit for tonight. If I can motivate myself I'll make dumplings to go with it, if not I'll have some of the mash I made at the weekend. At the moment I'm favouring the dumpling option as it's back to being baltic and due to drop near freezing this evening. :)

I must stop prevaricating and get my Christmas cards written! I looked them out yesterday but that was as far as it went.
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » November 28th, 2017, 10:15 am

Back from the Bank, no queue, hurrah :D I have to go in person as we use my Mother's old account as the household account, we can both access the account which is still in her name but one of us has to go in person. I did ask about closing or retitling the account but Mr Andreas in customer services says that would involve lawyers and expense then quietly suggested that I take the Cypriot route and ignore everything, so I did.

This was followed by a trip to LIDL, who now have their Christmas stock. The freezer is now full of items such Potato Croquettes which are not worth making for just two of us. I also bought chocolate :o , frozen cod and eggs.
Whilst loading up the car there was a great rumble of thunder, the sky was almost black. I drove into a wall of rain whilst on the main highway, luckily I was about to turn off. The car thermometer dropped from 21 C to 15 C in the time that it took me cover 2 kilometres.
The sun is now out here, the light is catching the pomegranate tree, its leaves have turned yellow since the weekend so it looks very striking with its big red fruit hanging from the branches.

Moira (drinking a much needed coffee) :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 28th, 2017, 10:23 am

:oops: Just realised I've not said Good morning!

Good morning all :D :mug:
Bright sunshine here with cloudless blue skies .... however there's a jolly nippy wind.
Somehow we seem to have acquired a stack of papers/magazines/stuff on one of the dining chairs ........... I must sort it out .... sometime ....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 28th, 2017, 11:40 am

Good morning
Sunny here although the local forecast is cloud
Will go out in my new down jacket and knitted hat :D
Need to get someone in to look at the fridge freezer, it's working fine but sounds like Concorde taking off, I had to move to the spare room last night to escape the noise

I'd lost the details of the appliance repair firm I used before but they came up top of the unsponsored list after the sponsored ones on Google, so I'll call them when I've had enough :mug:
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby miss mouse » November 28th, 2017, 12:02 pm

StokeySue wrote:Need to get someone in to look at the fridge freezer, it's working fine but sounds like Concorde taking off

Is it level? Being uneven makes them rattle like mad.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 28th, 2017, 12:08 pm

It's a problem with the compressor I think, not rattling, it's really like engine noise, either the compressor or just possibly (fingers crossed, much cheaper) the defrosting fan. A levelled it very carefully when he installed it, and it hasn't been relocated, so no obvious reason for it to suddenly start screaming :cry:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby miss mouse » November 28th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Good luck, that sort of noise is very annoying.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 28th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Quite glad we are not going anywhere in the near future. There is snow forecast as fare west as Burgundy from Wdnesday and all French pilots are threatening to go on strike over Christmas ! I hope Paul and Amanda manage to get home on saturady with their pudding and our Christmas cards.

i hope the fridge freezer is mendable Sue. There's not all that much to go wrong really but when it does it can be expensive,
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » November 28th, 2017, 2:38 pm

Deb had to take her cat, Blossom, to the Vets, the cat is much better if a bit elderly. The animal hospital is surrounded by citrus groves, at this time of year you get given a bag full of mandarins. I must get the citrus juicer out.
There is thunder and lightning out to sea.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 28th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Hope Blossom is OK Moira ?

EM We are off to Bath next month for the day on the community bus, Hope Mr. Z. can manage a whole days shopping. I have booked Hall and Woodhouse http://hall-woodhousebath.co.uk for lunch, it's a lovely venue for lunch at this time of year. They seem to have installed concrete barriers just incase there are lunatics around :evil: :evil:

We have cleared a huge pile of leyland branches that we had dumped out of sight of the garden, they are now stashed on the steep boundaries and the path where they were is clear. Another wheelbarrow of logs sawn with about 3 to go until our pile is done for the year. Feeling a bit cream crackered now and the fluffs are starting to gather for an early tea.... Sun has now gone and we have cloud and temps are dropping. I suspect the fire will be lit soon.

I have measured the curtain fabric we have left for the new build and we have enough for the new windows which means that we have now been able to choose the colour of the side panels on the new wood burning stove which we have now ordered and will be delivered on 12th Dec. Getting quite excited about the whole project :D .
Zosherooney
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop