Brazen lying

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Brazen lying

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2017, 8:39 pm

A twelve pack ........ really???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42251481
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Re: Brazen lying

Postby Suelle » December 6th, 2017, 10:15 pm

To be fair, in other photos I've seen, there were clearly marked lines for cutting the three rolls into four pieces each.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 7th, 2017, 3:41 am

I suppose the only people moaning and tweeting about this would be if they didn't possess a knife, otherwise I can't really see a problem. Quorn seem to be killing two birds with one stone. Leave them whole and get three meals, cut them up and add to a buffet.
By the way, has anyone tried these? I almost bought some yesterday but wasn't sure if they are any good. If the ones I saw were the 'turn three into twelve' variety then I missed the labelling.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby smitch » December 7th, 2017, 8:57 am

They're not very nice. I prefer the frozen Tesco ones, which are also much cheaper. Fry's are lovely too but much more expensive. Their rolls are similar, 4 longer rolls with marks to cut each into 3.
smitch
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 7th, 2017, 1:20 pm

I have to avoid Linda McCartney sausage rolls because they are so darn tasty, especially with brown sauce, that I could easily polish off a whole box in one sitting! :shock: I have never tried Fry's though.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby smitch » December 7th, 2017, 3:32 pm

I’m not keen on Linda’s either to be honest. The pastry doesn’t puff up very much so they end up a bit pasty tasting. Tesco have some mini own brand ones in the freezer section. We have them quite a bit as my husband likes them too.
smitch
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » December 7th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Quorn - OMG :sprout:

Needs a lot of flavouring to make it palatable.
:sprout:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Catherine » December 7th, 2017, 9:20 pm

I'm not keen on quorn products, or Linda McCartneys. Agree that tesco do some great veggie Stuff. I used to love Tesco's grilled veggie burgers chopped up put in pita with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, yellow pepper and mayo. I prefered them to meat burgers
Last edited by Catherine on December 8th, 2017, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catherine
Registered

Postby smitch » December 7th, 2017, 9:38 pm

Some quorn stuff is really nice. My omni OH loves the southern fried bites and fillets and the cheese stuffed escalopes.The mince is good too and I’m quite fond of the vegan ‘fish’ fingers a lot of the products are pretty tasteless though. I like Linda’s sausages and we both enjoy the burgers. Supermarkets have really upped their game recently, Asda and Tesco have some nice stuff.
smitch
Registered

Postby Busybee » December 7th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Not Quorn but I like the Linda McCartney red onion sausages.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » December 7th, 2017, 10:07 pm

Not keen on the Quorn ready made sausage rolls. I usually make them with Linda McCs because my mother thinks she’s allergic to Quorn and I am not going to make meat ones :evil: must remember to make some this year.
Might make some Quorn ones for OH and I. We are both rather fond of their cocktail sausages. Might not be so cost effective to use those though.
While I like Quorn sausages - especially the herb and wild garlic ones, but the chorizo ones too... and the sweet chilli...! not keen on the escalopes, or breaded things at all. I love the bacon, but not crisped up. I like it cold and uncooked in a sandwich with mustard and mayo or salad cream. I have recently started eating the steaks sometimes too. They are rather low calorie.
I always have the mince and chunks in the freezer.

Oh I like the Swedish style balls too. But I think they may have stopped making these.

Ok. It seems I am quite a Quorn fan. N.b. Not eaten any meet for over 31 years so I have nothing to compare it to.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » December 8th, 2017, 7:53 am

Busybee wrote:Not Quorn but I like the Linda McCartney red onion sausages.
BB

Me too. Our SW group swears by them as well.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop