Techie help - Outlook mainly

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Techie help - Outlook mainly

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 7th, 2017, 6:28 pm

I am worried my phone may have been hacked!

I use it for internet. Laptop out of action. I can use WF (thank God) and can call up Google, search on there, FB is fine, crossword solver is ok, but my email is not okay. I can go into my inbox and sent items etc, but although I can see items in there, when I try to open one it thinks about it then throws me back to the inbox or sent items list. I click on '+' to start a new email but it does the same thing.

I am also unable to open links in WF, also I searched Nigella chilli jam earlier, found it but trying to open it, it appeared briefly but then throws me back to Google or says 'unable to access this website'.

Confused!

The only thing that I can think of is that it coincides with a dubious registration I completed a couple of days ago on BBC Digital Spy. I can't put my finger on why I felt uneasy about it but I did. It was after I received their registration confirmation email that my problems started. I haven't opened that email in case it is dodgy. I thought to email Digital Spy but can't email anyone!

All other features on my phone are working fine!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Techie help - Outlook mainly

Postby StokeySue » December 7th, 2017, 6:43 pm

If it were actually a virus or hack I think it would probably be more complete, not a bit here and there but hard to say without experiencing it

For the email, if you are sure you know your password try signing out then signing in again, that usually sorts out mine

Is it an Android phone? Check notifications to see if it is asking you to manually update anything.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Re: Techie help - Outlook mainly

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 7th, 2017, 7:53 pm

I am not sure of my Outlook password now which is bloomin' stoopid!! I have a Windows phone. I am going in to town tomorrow, may pop in to EE. Like you say, if it was a virus it would probably be affecting other things. Hmmmm...
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop