Chatterbox LXXX - Quibilah

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXX - Quibilah

Postby Zosherooney » February 8th, 2018, 6:04 pm

I am sleeping for the world. Another couple of hours after lunch and I have now got up for the evening. Blackcurrant and fizzy water and chilli and rice for supper.

Slobbing out and getting better. Hairy Bikers in Valencia will help. I have a big hole in he front lawn and a large pile of soil in front of it. Building inspector has been and the soakaway needs to be moved. Glad I was not involved today.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 8th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Evening all

I have just taken in the spare keys for kitten duty this weekend :bounce: and feel exhausted after a rather heavy physio session. What my therapist did to me can only be described as turning my shoulder into a sandwich filling between his knee and his arm! He asked me to tell him if it hurt or got too uncomfortable, while I laid there groaning with pleasure. It was the best thing anyone has done to me in ages! :lol: After this 'sandwich' he got me to repeat exercises from the beginning of the session and my range of movement was so much better! Now he has determined where the stiffness in my joint is, he has sent me home with daily exercises, one of which involves a broom handle. I almost told him, forget the broom handle, you're coming home with me! :lol: He is also referring me to their weekly exercise classes! :tu:

So a good day here today and I am sure I will sleep well!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 9th, 2018, 6:04 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, Tezza, glad to read that you are benefitting from the physio, I shall think of you with the broom handle.
There was some serious barbecueing going on last night, you could smell it in the air. A family up the road from us are enthusiasts

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 9th, 2018, 7:23 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
No chance of a BBQ here Moira ... far too wet ...
Tezza ... so glad the physio is helping :tu:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 9th, 2018, 8:06 am

Morning all

Wet and windy here. Good job my trip to the job centre is all under cover! I think a detour into Holland and Barrett will be irresistible for mushroom pate. I will be at your BBQ in spirit though Moira, how lovely, enjoy!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 9th, 2018, 8:29 am

Good morning wild ones. It's raining again. :rolleyes: Snow forecast for later, it won't stick, it's far too wet outside. It's a lazy day today, I am not going out in this weather :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 9th, 2018, 9:00 am

My late great aunt had been "in service" before the war when she joined the "land army". She got stationed on a large estate in Perthshire where she met my great uncle who was the game keeper and exempt from service (not sure why). They married when the war ended and continued to work on the estate for many years, she eventually became head housekeeper. They worked on estates across Scotland for most of their life. In the last place before they retired the owners mainly lived abroad so they had the run of the place though were always very respectful it was fab to visit as a youngster and see all the grand rooms in the "big house".

ETA - whoops wrong thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
liketocook
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 9th, 2018, 9:03 am

Sorry about that obviously not had enough :mug: :mug: yet :oops:

Good morning everyone,
The forecasted snow didn't arrive overnight it's just sleety and cold this morning. A day for many layers and wishing for Spring. Apart from making fish pie I'm not sure what my plans for today are,
liketocook
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 9th, 2018, 9:45 am

Morning everyone :wave:

The freezing fog is lifting rapidly and the village it shing in the light above the mist.

I have the batch I started yesterday to finish - I must try and sneak some of Mr R's bourbon out of the drinks cupboard :evil:

Very glad the physio is helping Tezza.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » February 9th, 2018, 9:47 am

Morning all :hug:

It is looking a bit dull and overcast today, hope it doesn't rain as I am off out with Mum. Apparently our workmen have finished repairing the subsidence which explains why no one has turned up today. Next Friday the new kitchen is delivered, luckily we have turned the dining room into a temporary kitchen and we have a gas ring, bbq (outside), george foreman grill, a sous vide machine and the microwave, not forgetting the toaster we had to go out and buy. Food has been very simple. We did have an induction hob lent to us but hubby blew it up :rolleyes:
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 9th, 2018, 9:57 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:Evening all

I have just taken in the spare keys for kitten duty this weekend :bounce: and feel exhausted after a rather heavy physio session. What my therapist did to me can only be described as turning my shoulder into a sandwich filling between his knee and his arm! He asked me to tell him if it hurt or got too uncomfortable, while I laid there groaning with pleasure. It was the best thing anyone has done to me in ages! :lol: After this 'sandwich' he got me to repeat exercises from the beginning of the session and my range of movement was so much better! Now he has determined where the stiffness in my joint is, he has sent me home with daily exercises, one of which involves a broom handle. I almost told him, forget the broom handle, you're coming home with me! :lol: He is also referring me to their weekly exercise classes! :tu:

So a good day here today and I am sure I will sleep well!

Great result from the physio - just need to get hugging that broom handle now. "Fantasia" comes to mind :lol: :lol: My favourite home physio exercise is standing very straight and flapping my arms like wings, first very gracefully and then like a demented duck. It never fails to make me smile as I wonder what anyone would make of it if they saw me :lol: :lol:
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 9th, 2018, 10:35 am

Demented duck! :lol: I like the reference to Fantasia too! The one exercise I am not particularly getting on with well is supporting my right wrist with my left behind my back and gently raising it towards my shoulder blades, as you would when fastening a bra which I cannot do! I can't even tie the strings on an apron! So I'll have to do those very, very gently because anything more than that hurts, and hopefully it will help loosen it!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 9th, 2018, 10:55 am

Good luck with the exercises Teresa

We had quite heavy rain overnight but sunny now

Pottering on, had a good WI meeting yesterday evening but felt tired having walked to cinema club earlier, then to Lidl, then to the meeting

Onwards and upwards
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 9th, 2018, 11:43 am

I've recently become infuriated by a confusing song they keep playing on R2 about Paper Plates ................... OH has just put me right :oops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iplFIn34lOI ............. is this the beginning ............ :?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 9th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Greetings all, the sun's out now but it was horrid earlier - we even had some snow :o. We had a lovely day out yesterday here: http://www.rococogarden.org.uk/

Suffs, it's songs like that one which make me listen to R2 more sparingly these days :sprout: . I'm sure I sing the wrong words to lots of songs - even ones I have since discovered the correct ones to.

Tezza - what brilliant news that just one physio session has made such a difference! I hope your healing and transformation comes on in leaps and bounds now. :hug:

I've been to SW this morning and intend to crack on with the bedroom once and for all this afternoon. I am supposed to be at work tonight but have swapped the shift as I have GD tomorrow. DS is back from India next week so there won't be so much childminding, they are reacclimatising at the moment and doing some sightseeing. Seems that the after effect of the altitude has not been kind to some but he isn't doing badly.

I have just opened the small Christmas pudding which has been beckoning to me since Christmas and had a small piece. Absolute heaven :chops: :chops: :chops: . I am in real comfort food mode in this weather which isn't doing the reading on the scales much good :oops: . I am going to be super good for the rest of the week (apart from a visit from DD and a few other hitches, luckily a special birthday lunch will fall into next week's naughtiness :lol: ).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 9th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Well the snow hasn't arrived, it's windy and cold but the sun is out. Its quite warm in the sun but when the wind hits you it goes straight to the bone :shock:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 9th, 2018, 1:21 pm

We're back from our W'rose weekly shop ... OH is cooking tomorrow ... he's doing the February recipe on the W'rose calendar ... it involves crab, avocado and nori amongst other things so he had his own shopping list.

Now it's time to make some sandwiches for lunch .....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 9th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Last batch of marmalade jarred and ready to label. I did manage to steal some bourbon :lol:

Did you hear that the Eifeel tower had been closed again - too icy and of course they can't use salt or sand because of corrosion. After the very icy start the day has become progressively warmer and sunnier and even brought a lizard out to sun itself on a wall .
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 9th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Last batch of marmalade jarred and ready to label. I did manage to steal some bourbon :lol:

Did you hear that the Eiffel tower had been closed again ?Too icy and of course they can't use salt or sand because of corrosion. After the very icy start the day has become progressively warmer and sunnier and even brought a lizard out to sun itself on a wall .
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 9th, 2018, 1:40 pm

Rats ... you're doing it again ;) :lol:

Steam coming out of my ears at Jeremy Vine on R2 (nothing unusual there then) talking about Walk On girls and the objectification of women ... JV and the speakers are criticising the young women who do the job . ........ it's not what it says about the women who do the job ........ it's what it says about the men who think it's acceptable to pay pretty young women to walk about in skimpy clothing in order to 'decorate' what are predominently male activities. ....... but as usual it's the women who are getting the blame .... that's just as valid as saying that it's women who are to blame for prostitution Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 9th, 2018, 2:07 pm

We watched the opening of the Winter Olympics on TV, at least the speeches were short.
The vacuum cleaner would not work, it was obvious that the area between metal tubing and the cleaning head was blocked. It was unblocked with a combination of a bamboo cane and grapefruit knife, the curve of the knife blade was essential. The blockage was caused by small plastic lid.

Suffs: I completely agree with you.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 9th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Amazing what one can achieve using kitchen tools and bent coathangers. At least they used to be before coathangers started to e made from plastic. We keep a couple of old ones in the tool box!.
I 'm with you Sue and Moira. I have to say I'm a little concerned about the GD who is so into cheer leading - as was DD who went to watch her niece a couple of weeks ago. Not a single lad to be see, but loads of males in the audience - who of course might have all been relatives.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Amber » February 9th, 2018, 10:09 pm

Did anyone else watch The Real Peak Practice?

I wonder what Mogs thinks about it?

The lady with dementia who called 999 for various (non-emergency) reasons reminded me so much of my mum, who could almost understand where she was, but not why she was there. :(
Amber
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 9th, 2018, 11:16 pm

Evening all

Success at JC today! My aunt came with me and on my behalf argued with two people that on JSA I AM entitled to a concessionary bus pass and we would NOT be leaving until they provided the forms. They finally caved in, probably to get rid of us, then it was off to the post office for passport photos then onwards to the town hall for the bus pass! Job done! I actually think they were scared of my aunt a little bit! She can be like a dog with a bone sometimes and on this occasion I thanked her massively! She also bought a selection of hair bands for me to wear for my passport photos as I am conscious I really need a hair cut, bless her.

Kittens fed and watered and I am ready to collapse into a load of these zzzzzzzz :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 10th, 2018, 7:17 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, sunny here.
Tezza: You are very lucky to have someone like your aunt to help you,

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 10th, 2018, 7:55 am

Good morning wild ones. It is hammering down with rain :o I don't think we will be having the snow they forecast today :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 10th, 2018, 8:51 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Sharp frost pink stripey sky and sunshine here ... I s'pose I'd better get up ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » February 10th, 2018, 9:07 am

Morning all, a horrible dull, grey day out there but no rain - yet.

Tezza - you seem to have had a week of people giving you a bit of support - what a huge difference it makes! So pleased for you. :hug: :hug:

Off to get ready for the arrival of the 2 year old. I couldn't get cover for night shift tonight so that will follow our action packed day. I hope she has an afternoon nap today :lol: .

Have a good day - hope those with lurgies and problems are doing well. :hug: :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » February 10th, 2018, 9:13 am

Good morning everyone,
It wet and wild here today so doubt I'll be venturing further than the bin. I plan to pressure cook a small piece of gammon today (about 450g)). I'll cut a steak off of it to have with pineapple tonight, make pea & ham soup tomorrow and use the rest for sandwiches during the week.
We've snow forecast for tomorrow then a chilly few days so winter warmers in the meal department required I think. :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 9:21 am

Morning all!

Wow, that was a lay in and a half! I didn't wake up once! Dry here but very grey up in the sky so we could get rain. I'll go and check on those delicious kitties then decide on breakfast! No plans as such, just a walk at some point.

Have a lovely day everyone!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 10th, 2018, 9:54 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:I'll go and check on those delicious kitties then decide on breakfast!.

So it was kitties for breakfast :lol:

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 10th, 2018, 9:58 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Lovely morning here , chilly but not freezing. market done and shopping put away. I am just about to go and make some lentil, vegetable and chicken broth. I've got a big pan of chicken stock to use up.

So glad your aunt was able to support you yesterday. There is absolutely no need for anyone to give the wrong advice and be unhelpful or just plain bllody minded.May your bus pass take you to all sorts of interesting and xciting places :bounce: :bounce:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby aero280 » February 10th, 2018, 10:07 am

I’m feeling old. That’s the third Senior Railcard I have bought... :(

Off for an old fashioned “greasy spoon” lunch soon. www.supersausagecafe.co.uk
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 10th, 2018, 10:12 am

TeresaFoodie wrote:Success at JC today! My aunt came with me and on my behalf argued with two people that on JSA I AM entitled to a concessionary bus pass and we would NOT be leaving until they provided the forms. They finally caved in, probably to get rid of us, then it was off to the post office for passport photos then onwards to the town hall for the bus pass! Job done! I actually think they were scared of my aunt a little bit!

But why should you have to fight for something you are entitled to Teresa ? It makes me so cross that you felt they caved in under pressure ... what else is held back from claimants that they are entitled to ? :evil: :twisted: :rolleyes: Lucky for you that your Aunt was fighting your corner, but lots of other vulnerable claimants don't have that person :!:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 10th, 2018, 10:14 am

Amber wrote:Did anyone else watch The Real Peak Practice?

When and where was this on Amber ? I usually spot these kind of programmes, but not much on last night until Requiem. ;) :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » February 10th, 2018, 10:17 am

Ratatouille wrote:There is absolutely no need for anyone to give the wrong advice and be unhelpful or just plain bllody minded.

It seems to be official policy these days. Disgraceful of course.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 10th, 2018, 10:21 am

Just read back .......... Tezza :D give your aunt a big :hi5: :kneel: :tu: from us ... and even a cheeky :cocktail: More power to her elbow as Ma would have said ... long may the JC minions be absolutely bdooly terrified of her (I know it's probably not their fault but ... :rolleyes: ) Enjoy your bus pass .......... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dead chuffed here ... consignment of stretcher bars has arrived ... I've gone back to the supplier I used some years ago and the quality is just great ... I seemed to lose a lot of memory when my thyroid packed up ... it's taken years to trawl some stuff back up to the surface ... the other day I suddenly thought 'why don't I buy those ones any more?' Duh :rolleyes: Now to sit on the floor legs akimbo with my canvas pliers and stretch some canvas over them ......... :bounce: I hope I can get back up off the floor afterwards ... that's a problem I used not to have :lol:
Last edited by suffolk on February 10th, 2018, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » February 10th, 2018, 10:23 am

Morning
Cold and dull here too
I got some ox cheek yesterday so I am going to make a proper goulash as I was taught in Hungary. The recipe is similar to Ian's but more veg and less tomato, I have the secret ingredient, a tube of paprika krem, pureed concentrated sweet peppers (when I run out I might try adding a couple of roasted peppers from a jar, similar flavour)
http://www.souvigne.com/recipes/main510.htm
Might pop to the farmer's market soon

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Seatallan » February 10th, 2018, 10:48 am

Tezza- good for your aunt! I have to say I really don't miss the constant battles with JC+ on behalf of my clients. I do hope you're out of their horrid clutches soon. :hug: :hug:

Sue- your goulash sounds wonderful! :chops: :chops:

We went for a long walk across the Downs yesterday. It was very cold in the wind but the sun has some warmth again and there were signs of spring everywhere. Not intending to do a lot today other than a few bits in town. Fillet steaks with a butter bean mash for tea. :D

Have a lovely day all :luv: :wave:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » February 10th, 2018, 11:50 am

congratulations, tezza, happy roaming.
scullion
Registered

Postby icelesley » February 10th, 2018, 12:47 pm

:tu: Tezza's aunt :cocktail: :cocktail:
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » February 10th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Sue,

I have made Ian's goulash in the past and I have some ox cheek in the freezer so thank you for reminding me how good it is :hi5:

We have just had lunch in the veranda with the windows open, the cat asleep on a chair in the sun and the bees and humming bird hawk moths buzzing round the pansies and hyacinths- however there is snow forecast for Wednesday! So no clout casting just yet!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » February 10th, 2018, 1:40 pm

The shopping list for Deb's short trip to the UK continues to grow, it includes items such as Smoked Paprika and freezer bag labels. There was a discussion about a small present for my cousin, we decided on local honey and bottle of Zivania, the alcohol will be purchased after the security check, in the airport shop.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 2:14 pm

I will pass on a few of these :cocktail: to my aunt. She knows all about WF and I am just about to send her a thank you card so will draw them in there. :tu:

I have just been sent an invite to four consecutive Chi Kung classes at our local community centre. This is to help rehabilitate my poor withered shoulder.

http://www.taichinews.com/about-qigong

I really like the look of this and am really looking forward to it!

And, a dilemma. My spice shop is selling only very slightly out of date trays of 12 x 400g plum tomatoes for £1! The question is.....how many do I buy??? :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » February 10th, 2018, 3:09 pm

How many have you got room for? ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 7:25 pm

Well, I already had four tins of tomatoes, four beans, four of other things so no room in there for any more, but there is always the shower cubicle. :grin: It is very hard to pass such a bargain up even if it means a little inconvenience!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 10th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Have you got room under your bed? I'm not joking, a friend had a stout box that had her excess and stuff she did not use that often.

Gosh it has been cold today, we lit the fire very early - hope this winter does not last too long or we will run out of wood and wood deliveries are getting few and far between unless you pay a small fortune.

We watched 'Legend' this avo, about the Krays, quite violent and menacing, lifted our spirits with a Thailand wildlife prog. we recorded over Crimbo.

I had another 2 and a half hours sleep this avo, Mr. Z. is looking shattered only he is afraid of missing something on tv :rolleyes:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby miss mouse » February 10th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Is it £1 for the tray? There must be a tomato glut, Cirio have been discounted in Waitrose and Napoli in Sainsbugs recently.
How many tins do you use in a week?
miss mouse
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » February 10th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I don't have space under my bed. Honestly, the only spare space not in constant use is my shower cubicle! It's not too much effort to shift them onto the bed each time I shower. As to how many tins do I use in a week? Depends if I am batch cooking for the freezer - pizza topping, chilli, Bolognese sauce - otherwise a good two or three tins. I like them on toast on their own or with mushrooms and egg mainly. I also find that I fancy cooking a recipe that calls for them, only to find that I have run out. So a good opportunity to stock up me thinks before they sell out!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Amber » February 10th, 2018, 8:43 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
Amber wrote:Did anyone else watch The Real Peak Practice?

When and where was this on Amber ? I usually spot these kind of programmes, but not much on last night until Requiem. ;) :tu:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09r88tb
Most BBC1 regions Friday, 1930, I think...
Amber
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop