Chatterbox LXXX - Quibilah

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXX - Quibilah

Postby StokeySue » March 8th, 2018, 2:29 pm

Phostrogen has always been fine when I've used it

I now have a sore throat, this is a relief as it means I have some kind of very minor, probably self-limiting illness. I hate feeling ill when I can't pin down a root cause, stresses me
So I'll potter round and hope I feel up to going out later
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 8th, 2018, 2:31 pm

Get well soon Sue :plink: :mug: :hug:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 8th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Keep waarm and topped up with the fluids Sue :mug: :cocktail: or :plink:
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 8th, 2018, 3:01 pm

It is a sign that you should stay in today, Sue
A strong wind has suddenly blown in here. I hope that it has died down by tomorrow, we are back at the Artemis Taverna, it can be very draughty there.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 8th, 2018, 3:02 pm

Get well soon Sue.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 8th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Hello! :wave:

Had to laugh at Debs' cat and the chicken .. cats are so good at manipulating humans aren't they!

Hope you feel better soon Sue :( :hug: :hug:

Nightshift went quite well and I've had a nice sleep this morning and feel ready and raring to go for the first time in over a week. I have been preparing for the topic at the ladies group tonight .. a bit of an odd one as the subject is just '10' for people to make of what they will. I got my inspiration from the 'Back in Time for Dinner' thread and have prepared some pictures of 10 years of fashion - from the '70's. I think it will go down well and was quite fun to find pictures (hooray for internet!). Must have a quick clean round now and get the best mugs out .. after I have had bruncher which will be a sort of mix of three meals as one. I have masses of veg and some cold salmon and some rice to use up.

It seems colder but thankfully no snow - it's time for some nice spring weather now, I never like March much, always so much promise with flowers and lighter days but always too blimmin' cold.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 8th, 2018, 4:51 pm

That sounds like a fun evening EM :)
Hope the lurgy improves Sue :hug:
It snowed very briefly here earlier but is now pouring. It's still really cold though so defiintely beef stew & dumplings for dinner later :)
Shopping all arrived and hopefully I've got everything needed for Saturday. I must get the pork marinade made so I can pop it in the slow cooker tomorrow.
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 8th, 2018, 5:44 pm

House spic and span 8-) Now we're going on a short journey to pick up an item OH has bought on Ebay and I'll take it to him tomorrow ... we'll get a takeaway on our way home ... think we've earned it :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 8th, 2018, 5:50 pm

As others have said Phostrogen is good ... nothing wrong with that, a good all rounder. Where are you keeping the Rose ? Technically, even though it is a miniature rose, it is an out door plant, rather than a house plant. So, if you are keeping it indoors, keep it as cool as you can ...
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 8th, 2018, 6:21 pm

I am keeping the rose indoors. I don't have my own outdoors. When I got it last summer, it seemed happy in here for a while, although I did have a hard time trying it out in various locations until I found that it thrived in the kitchen best. The kitchen gets full sun in the morning and the living room does in the afternoon, neither positions are near radiators. I suppose if it looks like it is unhappy in its new pot my mum could put it in her garden. I'll have to keep my usual daily eye on it.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 8th, 2018, 7:32 pm

And here's me thinking Phostrogen was a tonic wine or some such thing. Perhaps if it is only a very little plant Baby bio - is that still around?

We have just had a brilliant 45 minutes over dinner. Pangalactic Gargleblasters at the ready for Hitchhikers - what a treat, followed by a vert strange Archers. I have writtten my plot line and put it in an envelope in the care of Mr R. Let's see.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 8th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Ratatouille wrote: Pangalactic Gargleblasters at the ready for Hitchhikers - what a treat

Wasn't it wonderful :D :D :D :kneel: I want a Pom-pom Squid 8-) :lol: :luv:

Missed the Archers ... will have to catch up ...........
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 8th, 2018, 10:43 pm

"Phyllosan fortifies the over forties" :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 8th, 2018, 11:58 pm

StokeySue wrote:"Phyllosan fortifies the over forties" :D

Gosh! That takes me back...

Do you remember a cartoon in the paper on the occasion of Elizabeth Taylor's 40th birthday? It showed Richard Burton at the controls of a huge bulldozer, towing the whole Phyllosan factory to Elizabeth as a birthday present! :D
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 9th, 2018, 12:20 am

Does anyone here watch Eastenders? I don't recall reading any comments on the subject. I caught the tail end of an episode earlier in the week. Danny Dyer :luv: as Mick the landlord trying to protect his family against an arson attack. I think I am an addict again! I'm not surprised, my family heralding from all parts of London. That last scene, five to eight, his face, roll on tomorrow's episode!

My Granddad, bless him, born around the Wimblydon area 1920's, used to sing the theme tune as 'What a load of doom and gloom, gloom and beeping doom, da-da-da-da-da-da'. He moved out of London as soon as he was able to with his family, probably had bad memories. I feel a pull towards the place so think Eastenders might be my latest addiction. There could be worse things!

Shut eye time, JC tomorrow! :grin: Nite folks!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 9th, 2018, 6:17 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I must catch up with the Hitch Hikers Guide, I heard the original series when it was first broadcast..

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 9th, 2018, 6:18 am

Good morning all. :D :mug:
Early start today as heading south to meet up with D S at 9am ... Yawn
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 9th, 2018, 6:28 am

Well, we now have a new (2nd hand but looks new) blind up in the bedroom, It took some time but it is straight and looks lush, colours match very well. Whilst out yesterday we were both amazed at the huge amount of snow there is in some places. It must have drifted very much and cut off some road access. As we did not venture out at all it now becomes very much clearer that we must have been cut off and did not even know it !

2 very nice surprises yesterday HMRC gave us a welcome tax rebate but not as much as the letter said so that will be sorted today. Also the moving of vehicles that Mr. Z did last week was classed as an emergency so they paid him a grand on top of an 8 hour shift of driving. This will all be very well spent on phase I of the build. :D :D :D
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » March 9th, 2018, 8:13 am

StokeySue wrote:Phostrogen has always been fine when I've used it

I worked as their 'customer relations officer' (only I don't think that term had yet been coined) in the early 1980's in Corwen! I still have the advert for the job. It was started by Mr Manners and his wife. He was Austrian and I believe had worked in the Brit intelligence. Certainly, nothing escaped him, Phostrogen wise!!
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 9th, 2018, 8:27 am

Good morning wild ones. Well yesterday after all we had rain, snow, then sunshine, but a frost overnight. Now the Sun is out and it looks lovely albeit cold and frosty. Just h having :mug: :mug: if anyone wants one :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » March 9th, 2018, 8:44 am

Oh, I am so behind the times - just seen we moved onto the 'next' page! I have now caught up :lol:

Hope sue is on the mend and Tezza's smoke problems are soon resolved.

It's a lovely day here - though that won't last. And yay, it's Friday!
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby jrc » March 9th, 2018, 8:52 am

Hello :hug:

Manic week, this week. Back to back meetings, agendas, personal work. Attended the Planning Committee on Tuesday. My subsidence property got approved for the work to commence. Parish Council last night. I had a major battle yesterday with the loss adjuster. The usual guy I worked with has gone long term sick so I am dealing with a new guy.

I have worked very hard getting joined up thinking with the architect, loss adjuster, insurance people, tenant and agent and the plan came together. This new guy interpreted a legal document in a different way and threw a massive spanner in the works potentially costing me thousands. :terrified:

Thankfully, I actually have the correct wording confirmed by the original guy but it took all day to sort. :rolleyes:

Btw, has anyone ever had a Bakers Cyst? I have had a small hard lump on the back of my calf for over 20 years. It was diagnosed then as a BC and was told it was nothing to worry about and would never require treatment. Yesterday, I got out of the bath and it was hot and angry and raised. I phoned the pharmacist to see if I should be worried and she advised I get it checked. I saw the nurse who put a weird yellow sticky dressing on it and I have to go back today.

I just googled a BC and it looks nothing like the pictures on tinternet. :?

I will see what they say later today. :hug:

Hope everyone is ok. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 9th, 2018, 9:00 am

Morning all!

Patchy blue and white skies here. Very chilly though! Off to town at around midday. JC with my aunt for moral support then renew my bus pass at the town hall. I am sure my aunt will treat us both to some rice and peas and cabbage and fried dumplings in the West Indian cafe we visited last time we were in town, but I'll fill up on muesli or something before we go just in case!

I think dinner will be a frozen deep pan garlic bread pizza piled high with my own toppings - sliced mushrooms, Scotch bonnets, maybe olives if I can find some good ones in town, grated Cheddar - a proper Friday night treat in front of the next installment of 'Enders and the Queen Vic showdown. Happy days!

Have a fabulous Friday all!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby dennispc » March 9th, 2018, 9:11 am

Snow? Devon daughter's normal route to work was re-opened yesterday. There's still a lot of snow on Exmoor.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 9th, 2018, 9:30 am

jrc wrote:Btw, has anyone ever had a Bakers Cyst? I have had a small hard lump on the back of my calf for over 20 years. It was diagnosed then as a BC and was told it was nothing to worry about and would never require treatment.

In the recesses of my brain, I thought a Baker's Cyst was usually behind the knee ? Otherwise I have never come across it :aww:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby jrc » March 9th, 2018, 9:41 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:
jrc wrote:Btw, has anyone ever had a Bakers Cyst? I have had a small hard lump on the back of my calf for over 20 years. It was diagnosed then as a BC and was told it was nothing to worry about and would never require treatment.

In the recesses of my brain, I thought a Baker's Cyst was usually behind the knee ? Otherwise I have never come across it :aww:

Patsy :hug: this is about two inches down and a hard lump, now hot and angry. :scared:
Edited to say a lump rather than a general swelling.
jrc
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 9th, 2018, 10:12 am

Morning
jrc the NHS description of a ruptured cyst sounds about right
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Bakers-cyst/

I'm happy to say I feel a lot better today, whatever "it" was clearly "came out" yesterday. Will treat myself gently as I'm out tonight to hear Barb Jungr and others at St Mary's Old Church in honour of IWD. Then of course there's lunch tomorrow :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby jrc » March 9th, 2018, 10:15 am

Sue, glad you are feeling better :hug:

This is much, much smaller, about an inch across and very localised but much more volcano like :sprout:
jrc
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 9th, 2018, 10:24 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Very exciting news for the Jersey lot today.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-jtc-i ... GK2PK?il=0

It is the company both D-I-L and Ds work for. She is a director - an accountant by profession. He started off in IT but is now incharge of buildings because he is a qualified estate agent,

It sounds as if you had a profitable day yesterday Zosh, and you had a frustrating one jrc. I hope your lump/bump is swiftly diagnosed and dealt with. It sounds to me as if whatever it is it has become infected.
Hope you are feeling better Sue and you get your rice and peas Tezza.

It is cloudy here today but we finally got the primulas planted yesterday.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 9th, 2018, 10:48 am

StokeySue wrote:"Phyllosan fortifies the over forties" :D

:lol: Mr S and I were remembering that just the other day!!
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 9th, 2018, 11:03 am

I had a ruptured Bakers Cyst, it went just outside UCH A&E :!: I did not go into to the dept, too busy :o . I got it sorted out by the hospital orthopaedic team, sometimes being a ward sister has its advantages :D

We are back from Pissouri having returned to our usual venue at the Artemis, it is nice to see the village tavernas etc reopening, I noticed ice cream freezers being delivered, the posh Italian restaurant was being restocked. However the small boats for hire are not anchored in the bay yet, they usually return in April

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 9th, 2018, 11:19 am

Old holes in bedroom where the curtain rail was have now been filled - to be rubbed down on Sunday. :evil: Neighbour has lit a smelly and ashy bonfire. It is wafting across lovely neighbours property - how rude ! When I plan to have a bonfire, I try and give lovely neighbours a few days notice and try to watch which way the wind is blowing.

Mr. Z is in spring cleaning mode, I most certainly will not be diverting his attention ! He is going to collect the vehicles they delivered to Hinkley point on Monday, The cats and I will be having a party ! :bounce:

Glad to hear you are feeling better Sue. :tu: Great News Rats. :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 9th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
Glad you are feeling better Sue and JRC I hope your cyst heals up :hug:
It's lovely bright day here though still bitterly cold.
I've had a busy morning wrestling with Henry (hoover) and prepping peri peri pork for the slow cooker as part of getting ready for a houseful tomorrow evening. I've still lots of cooking (and cleaning to do) but split over 2 days it should be manageable.

Best go and get the dusting underway.....(once I've finished my :mug: )
liketocook
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 9th, 2018, 1:23 pm

Afternoon all ... have been reading back to see how busy Wildies are today!

Hope the cyst behaves and heals jrc. Glad you feel brighter Sue - and great news Rats! Reading of the tavernas reopening gives one hope that summer will eventually arrive here!

Been to SW this morning, wasn't going to stay but did in the end, not really been a shining example there recently :oops: . I was going to do some clothes shopping - or window shopping at least in conjunction with a walk this afternoon but it's raining :( :( . Probably still will. Last night's '10' meeting went well and was quite interesting actually - one of those times when one conversation leads to another.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby jrc » March 9th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Just got back from the surgery. Nurse has disputed doctors 20 year old diagnosis. She has taken a swab to be sent off. It has been dressed again and I have to go back on Tuesday. If it gets worse or I feel unwell I have to go to MIU. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 9th, 2018, 4:46 pm

StokeySue wrote:jrc the NHS description of a ruptured cyst sounds about righthttps://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Bakers-cyst/

Ah, seems my deepest recollection was correct and it originates behind the knee 8-) :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 9th, 2018, 7:49 pm

Hello folks ... back from a busy day with DS ... Oh has provided me with a meal and now I'm on the sofa with a :cocktail:
Catch up with you all tomorrow :hug: :hug: :hug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Amber » March 9th, 2018, 9:50 pm

On the phone to HMRC - excellent automated answer machine, staff were less than perfect, lack of up to date info.
On the phone to DWP - lo-o-ong waiting time, but excellent service when I did get through.
Why can’t they become one department in terms of National Insurance contributions, pensions etc.

DWP are the only agency who have scored (imho) 10/10 in regards to my dad’s, then my mum’s issues, and 9/10 for mine. Well done, DWP.
Amber
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 10th, 2018, 7:10 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, a bit gloomy here.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 7:47 am

Morning all!

Very bright and breezy here and the birds are chirping loudly! Lovely! I wonder if I can up my ante and make an attempt at a two mile walk to the pool today seeing as it is not showing any signs of rain. I can do a round trip of 1.5 miles to Lidl no problem so this should be do-able, even if I have to get the bus back. My physiotherapist said I am now in the stage of fracture recovery where I need to start pushing (gently) through the mental pain barrier. Today could be the day. :bounce: I'll ponder over muesli..... :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 10th, 2018, 8:06 am

Good morning wild ones. We have rain :rolleyes: in fact it has been raining most of the night :twisted: But the weatherman said sunshine later, let's hope he is right.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 10th, 2018, 8:08 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Weird dreams involving printed nougat :?
I think a lazy day beckons ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » March 10th, 2018, 8:35 am

Morning from a brightening Wales!

I am being taken for 'mother's day high tea' this afternoon! Yes, I know it's tomorrow, but I naturally come second to her mother, so I am at least grateful that I am seeing the family. I have told them not to pay for me, even though that thought probably hadn't crossed their minds!

Hope jrc is OK today.

Usual Saturday chores await....
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 10th, 2018, 9:10 am

Good morning everyone,
We had the long awaited mince round last night. A pre-made one that I've had before and used to be good. This wasn't great, edible but not much more than that , will stick to home made in the future.

More cleaning and cooking for me today it my son & Dad's birhday do tonight. How did my "baby" get to be 25 :o
, I think I'm as organised as I can be. Our menu is:

piri piri pulled pork
tandoori spatchcock chicken (tandoori salmon for the pesce)
herb roasted baby potatoes
spiced onions
halloumi & courgette bake
tzatziki
flat breads
salad

My sister & cousin are organising dessert and cake so I don't have to worry about that. :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby jrc » March 10th, 2018, 9:26 am

Morning all :hug:
Leg is quite sore today but I am wondering if it is the dressing pulling rather than the wound? It is a self adhesive thing that is sticky all over if that makes any sense? The first one yesterday was put on at a funny angle and when I stood up I couldn’t straighten my leg so she changed it but this one still feels like it is pulling somehow. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 10th, 2018, 10:26 am

Pulling your leg? It's no laughing matter!
Gruney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 10th, 2018, 10:39 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Another dull day with rain blowing in the wind. The folk in the market were all grumpy.

I have been thinking of the Wildies heaading off for lunch today with some envy. I do hope all of you who are going/ have been had a great time and lots of lovely food. Please report back so I can add it to my list of possible places to eat in may!

jrc I expect it is the dressing but if it gets any worse it may be prudent to seek advice.

Just had a long chat with DS who is understandably very excited at the progress of JTC and all their futures. he is doing the next stage of his free diving course today. he already a qualified scuba diving instructor but has this yen to free dive - the thought of which terrifies me. I have seen, and swum over some of the blue holes in the Bahamas where he is hoping to dive :terrified: :terrified:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 10th, 2018, 3:06 pm

Suffs - your printed nougat dream made me chuckle. Where do these thoughts come from? The other night I dreamt I was eating my reading glasses! :lol:

Just back from 75 minutes in the pool including a few widths front crawl. I never thought I'd be able to do that ever again. Groups of toddlers and then adults were having lessons at each end so we were restricted to width swimming in the middle section. I'll have to time that better in future so that I can get some lengths in. Whilst swimming I suddenly got very hungry. Then I thought of the Wildies in London sitting there stuffing their faces at that precise moment and jealousy crept in! :lol: Looking forward to hearing all about it later!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby jrc » March 10th, 2018, 3:22 pm

I have a hydrocoll dressing on my leg. They refused to change it until it smells :sprout: :terrified: :terrified: :terrified:
jrc
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 10th, 2018, 3:23 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote:Then I thought of the Wildies in London sitting there stuffing their faces at that precise moment and jealousy crept in! Looking forward to hearing all about it later!

Yes, slightly envious here too Tezza ...... but I had a lovely (if frenetic) day with son yesterday, and OH is cooking a curry for supper this evening so I'm very happy with that.

I've told DD she's not to come here to visit tomorrow, she's sent me a lovely card and that's just fine ... she's just done her first week in her new job; there's a lot to learn and the hours are long (8-5 plus alternate Sat mornings) so she needs to put her feet up this weekend ... her step daughter visited her last weekend :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop