answer needed soon ...

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

answer needed soon ...

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 11th, 2018, 11:03 am

Nothing drastic, but if I whip some double cream, how long would it stay thick for ? I am doing some bits and pieces for the oldies today ... and plan to top some HM butterscotch with cream whipped up with mashed banana and maple syrup .... how does that sound ? I will be leaving the house about 2 pm.

I solved my query about what to fill the vol-au-vent cases with .... when I got them out of the freezer, I found they were already filled :tu: They only need warming up in the oven.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: answer needed soon ...

Postby Chinchilla_lady » February 11th, 2018, 11:07 am

do it now Patsy, back in the fridge, it will easily hold its shape, keep it cool in transit though!

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Suelle » February 11th, 2018, 11:08 am

Cream should stay thick for at least 24 hours after whipping. I wouldn't mix it with anything until the last minute though, especially anything with moisture in it.

Some people say it never deflates or separates. I've had 'discussions' about that on various food boards over the years. All I can say is that, for me, it eventually separates a bit to leave liquid at the bottom. It sounds as if it does for Patsy too!
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby Ratatouille » February 11th, 2018, 11:09 am

Should stay firm for several hours Pat but not so sure if you all banana and maple syrup - I think it will be fine though. I made a trifle for 14 last week and added the cream and decoration(pomegranate seeds) good 4 hours before it was eaten and it was fine - not even double cream either.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 11th, 2018, 11:16 am

:kneel: :kneel: :kneel: I knew you lot would know :tu: :tu: :tu:

I will whip the cream and take the banana/maple syrup with me and mix that in just before I dollop on top of the butterscotch ... :bounce:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop