Chatterbox LXXXI - Rodney

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXI - Rodney

Postby liketocook » May 7th, 2018, 7:49 pm

scullion wrote:if they have 'international kidney' potatoes they are exactly the same breed as jersey royals - just not grown on jersey - and therefore probably cheaper.
another really nice very early potato is another domaine claimed one ,' pembrokeshire early' which when grown outside of pembrokeshire are called lady christl.
worth buying as seed potatoes and growing in bags.

Unfortunately they had neither :(
I have grown potatoes in the past mainly anya, charlotte and pink fir apple but now it's just me in the house I've not bothered. Really should though.

It's been a cracking day here, still a bit overcast at times but pleasantly warm, no need for a cardi though I think some of the "beachwear" folk were sporting in town was pushing it a bit. The town was heaving so we didn't manage to get to the tearoom we planned to go to as it was a 45 min wait for a table and we would have felt obliged to eat & run when we got one. We were considering buying sandwiches etc. and going to sit near the beach but by chance a table cleared in another cafe just as we were passing. They did advise there would be a wait for food which actually suited us fine as it meant we could get a good natter. By the time our food arrived the lunch peak was over so we were able to sit with a cuppa and continue our chat. In the end up I opted for a cheese & ham sandwich which was freshly made and really tasty. :)
Having had cheese at lunch I don't want it again tonight ( had planned a cauli cheese) so I'll heat up last night's leftover roast veg and chicken and cook some sprouts to have with it.
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 8th, 2018, 4:44 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
I was woken early by the dawn chorus so had a wander in the rosy dew while the kettle boiled ... Now I'm back in bed with a :mug: , keeping my cold feet to myself ;)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 8th, 2018, 5:12 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, we were threatened with overnight storms but nothing happened here, I expect to hear that it is chucking it down in Paphos. Parts of southern England were hotter than us yesterday.
Deb is up early for the second day running, she is always up early on Monday as she attends a group in Erimi. This morning she is waiting for Patrick, he is coming to do some gardening, there are branches to be cut back and weeds to be strimmed. Deb could do the strimming but has decided against it given her recent back problems.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 8th, 2018, 6:51 am

Good morning wild ones. We reached 32C again yesterday :shock: It's cooler today so far, the beasts are happier, it has been far too hot for them. We have rain forecast later this afternoon, the plants will love it :D Today I need to go into town, so I am taking my neighbour too, she is waiting for an operation on her shoulder so can't drive at the moment.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 8th, 2018, 7:07 am

Morning all!

Last night in bed was pretty unbearably warm and stuffy. I had most of my windows open but it didn't make much difference. Two final rawlplugs to budge plus I am expecting a quote from a man with a wallpaper steamer thing to finish this job so that I can get painting, in other words I have admitted defeat. My uncle says he will help me with costs. At times like these I miss my right arm strength!

Now gearing myself up for rhubarb pie filling and Greek yoghurt. Nothing else to do today except hibernate away from the heat!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby jrc » May 8th, 2018, 7:15 am

4C485A49-3F71-4394-8497-CC55B1830DFF.jpeg
F15F6DB2-940F-4632-A48A-4C6DE97CDE65.jpeg
332F65E0-49FB-4E55-87F8-7754A96DBD7D.jpeg

Bob took me to Folkestone yesterday. It was absolutely packed on the front. Lunch on the harbour arm was pulled pork with beef brisket, chips and meaty gravy :oops:
Delicious but naughty. :oops:
jrc
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » May 8th, 2018, 7:51 am

Sadly, we didn’t have the lovely weather yesterday that most of you seem to have enjoyed,. However we did have a wonderful day-trip to Skye in our wee car, and had the roof off all day....beanie hats and sunglasses! We went over on the small ferry from Glenelg, which is always exciting. We drove down to the south of the island and had a great bar lunch at Isle Ornsay, then found me the perfect dress for me, for our sons wedding in August, which was the purpose of our day out....the first day of the sale at one of my favourite dress shops, so I got a bargain. We then came back to the mainland on the ferry to Mallaig, and had a wonderful drive home along the coast, past the white sands of Morar and Arisaig, and the hundreds of presumably Harry Potter fans looking at the Glenfinnan viaduct. Then on the Fort William and Ben Nevis still with plenty of snow on the top.
I can so recommend this tour to anyone visiting the west highlands...there I’ve done my bit for the tourist board!
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 8th, 2018, 8:12 am

Sounds great Pat!
I did very little yesterday in one way but did get some important small jobs done.
Must really go for a walk today
Just feel like being a lazy cat in the sun though!
Have a great day, back to ordinary weather possibly later, certainly tomorrow
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 8th, 2018, 9:03 am

Morning everyone :wave:
Some lovely days out it would seem I feel sorry for the tourists who came down for a week of glorious southern sunshine. We had another storm yesterday afternoon but managed to see the final episode of Woman in White. Unfortunately Mr R was very cross because of the mistakes in the marriage register, apparently even then it was impossible to insert or delete entries. I did point out that for once, it wasn't BBC but the author's fault ;)

We are promised more of the same today - and tomorrow :scared:

I trust your hot garden was sun temperature and not the shade Icey, otherwise your garden must have broken the all time record. Animals are usually quite sensible about heat. One of our previous cats used to wander off down the road when it was very hot and climb our friends mulberry tree then lie like a sleeping leopard along a branch. Jules moves around depending on where the sun is, full in it on a sunny winter day, under the wisteria when it gets hotter and inside on the tiled floor when it really cranks up.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 8th, 2018, 9:03 am

We have had rain ( not much) and the temperature is 19 C, I think that I may move back to London :lol:
I have been to the big supermarket, managed to see my favourite butcher and got him to bat out a piece of Australian sirloin, Deb wants to make Beef Olives.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby liketocook » May 8th, 2018, 9:05 am

Good morning everyone,
It's much cooler and very overcast here this morning, I think the forecast for rain this afternoon will be right.
I've not much planned for today, after being out and about yesterday I'm a bit off kilter/unsteady so a quiet day is needed to get things back on track. I'm going to cook a beef olive and make root veg mash for tonight. Not particularly summery fare but I think summer has disappeared again.
liketocook
Registered

Postby liketocook » May 8th, 2018, 9:06 am

cyprusmoira wrote:We have had rain ( not much) and the temperature is 19 C, I think that I may move back to London :lol:
I have been to the big supermarket, managed to see my favourite butcher and got him to bat out a piece of Australian sirloin, Deb wants to make Beef Olives.

Moira

Snap, how odd for two of us to be having these today :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 8th, 2018, 12:54 pm

It will a Chicken Tagine for supper, I hope that this years jar of preserved lemons will be OK, the recipe from Claudia Roden's Arabesque also contains a version using artichoke bottoms, to served with coucous and carrots . By coincidence a bought a pack of frozen artichokes this morning ;)

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 8th, 2018, 1:33 pm

I'm late........ We have spent most of the morning and early pm on the blower to HMRC fighting for our fine for a late self assessment that was not late but due to the carp system at HMRC. They finally got fed up of us and refunded it, together with another £218 that is due to us this year...... Hoo bruddy rah !!!!!! I am now exhausted mentally and flat out in my boudoir with Wuzzle who has been in his chair since 10am !!!! :o

In between calls we have planted the courgettes outside and I will do the tommys when the sun is off the GH.... Might be tomorrow or Thursday...

I am suffering today with very pink shoulders and have had lashings of after sun on them to ease the 'burn'. Builders are in full swing again, they are filling in the gaps between the roof joists today and adding more timber to the apexes.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 8th, 2018, 4:02 pm

I've been lazing on the lounger with a book most of the afternoon .......... we've decided we deserve a Chinese takeaway for supper .... and a bottle of rosé ...... we've been worried about a friend over the past few weeks, but the difficulties seem to be getting sorted, at least a bit anyway :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm

Back from my walk / shopping trip

A nice man just delivered me 6 bottles of Prosecco, I'd forgotten all about them if I booked an Italian holiday before the end of April (which I did) I got a free case of Prosecco delivered :) So I'm off to Pompeii, Herculaneum and Capri, and drinking fizz to celbrate
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 8th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Cheers Sue ! I'm quite envious of your trip. I spent an hour on the internet dreaming of my next Greek trip. As normal, the flights land at the same time that the boats leave from Pireaus !!!!

I'm also envious of you Suffs with your Chinese. I am wondering what I can do with a pile of cooked cubed swede to make it more Chinese.... Will consult Lord Google..... Hmm, slightly past it's best, a treat for the ckx. I think.....
Last edited by Zosherooney on May 8th, 2018, 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 8th, 2018, 7:23 pm

Evening all,

Lovely photos jrc! A productive day for the Wildies it seems! :tu:

I had a chat with my Dad earlier who had been suffering in the heat up on the Shropshire canal then his heavens opened and as predicted he seems to have blown it my way and the sky here seems to be rolling a bit of a storm in. The sudden darkness put paid to my painting for today. I had a quote earlier from a local handyman to strip one and a third walls. £150!!!!! On your bike mate! I cleared up after the hallway job then decided to start on the living room then had to clean up all over again. So far I am loving the colours I have chosen. Very pink at the moment, but once I get some pale blues and greys in I think it will look super. I will sleep well tonight!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 9th, 2018, 5:23 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, the garden clearance has been completed. Damaged tree limbs have been removed and stacked for firewood, Effie's lads will collect those at the weekend. The "lawn" has been strimmed back to bare earth as is local custom, it is either that or a watering system to maintain grass, which is both expensive and wasteful.
We had to wait until both the bulbs and wild orchids died back. There was a lovely stand of Fragrant Orchids, they smell of vanilla. The pomegranates have been trimmed, they have lovely bright scarlet flowers.
There has been a lot of planting of new pomegranate orchards, presumably because of the rise of pomegranate as a so called super food.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2018, 5:42 am

Good morning Moira :D :mug: and everyone else as you arrive :D :mug:
I slept soundly from about 9:30 until half an hour ago. It's another lovely morning ... Still dry and sunny, but a little bit fresher. I've been for a stroll around the garden in my nightie, inspecting the seedlings :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 9th, 2018, 6:44 am

Morning everyone!

Beautiful blue skies again this morning. I don't think we had the rain that threatened last night. If we did it was brief and the pavements dried off overnight. There is a lovely freshness in the air. My mum will be over in a bit to have a session in my wet room ahead of having a couple of year's worth of tumbleweed cut off her head by my stylist. I've suggested we bag it so that she can take it home with her and scatter it on her lawn for the birds. :lol: We are then off for a food shop. Not sure I will get much decorating done afterwards seeing as I can hardly move my arms today! I might have to crack open a book and relax instead (yeah, right!)

Have a beautiful day all!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby jrc » May 9th, 2018, 6:49 am

Morning all :hug:
Didn’t sleep very well and moo decided we wanted to get up early :rolleyes:

I was having my first :mug: before 6.30 :shock:

Second wash on the go and I am w******* from home most of the day. A few bits of shopping to get later plus a bit of gardening.

I live an exciting life. :lol:
jrc
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 9th, 2018, 6:49 am

Good morning wild ones. We had the promised rain at 3pm as forecast yesterday :tu: the garden looks nice and fresh this morning. It's a bit overcast at the moment but blue skies are coming this way :bounce: :bounce:
icelesley
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » May 9th, 2018, 7:13 am

jrc wrote:Bob took me to Folkestone yesterday. It was absolutely packed on the front. Lunch on the harbour arm was pulled pork with beef brisket, chips and meaty gravy

One of my old school friends lives in Folkestone and I have been hearing about the renovations of the arm ... seems they have made a good job of it. I last visited her after Teri's funeral (which was in Hastings) and we went to a fabulous Tapas bar that evening. The work on the arm had really only just started .. It was in the Tapas bar that I discovered Vodka Coffee Martini :hi5: My friend said that what a treat it was for her to eat out with someone who loved her food as much as she did :kneel: ;) :lol: I can't wait to get back down there :bounce: :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 9th, 2018, 8:54 am

Helllo
I have an electrician on site
So far he has found two problems where, at some point int the last 160 years (well in the last 50, as the gas lights were only removed in the sixties) and he hasn't started noise tracing. :shock:

The good news is, I'm impressed with Marco and his boss, if you have a slightly ramshackle house and a need for good lighting, a team of qualified, safety conscious, electricians is somethung you want in your phone
Lot of hanging around though.
Have a goid day folks
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 9th, 2018, 9:09 am

Sounds worth his weight in gold Sue, shame he's not nearer to me! I know I should have my house rewired but the thought of the upheaval is not attractive.

I've posted several times over the past 24 hours but it always throws me out of Chatterbox (something to do with using guest wi fis probably). Loved reading about all the fine weather antics. I'm hoping there's sone fine weather left when I get back. I've had a lovely last day milling about and watching the world go by from pavement cafes. Decided to get train to airport before the rush hour so have had lots of time to look at the shops. Quite looking forward to being on my way now. I somehow acquired 10kg of 'stuff on my travels but had left an allowance so that was ok. I'll be chuffed if my reunion commemorative glass gets home intact. They weren't packaged at all but mine is tucked up in my handbag encased in knickers and tee shirt :lol: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby jrc » May 9th, 2018, 9:24 am

It was a lovely few how’s down there Patsy, very warm. :D

Trouble is, people forget the breeze off the sea makes it feel a bit fresher. There were going to be some quite burnt torso’s that evening. :oops:
jrc
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 9th, 2018, 9:28 am

A bit noisy here, every year the Republic leases a couple of helicopters for firefighting purposes. Obviously the pilots have to learn the routes to access water supplies such as dams, this morning they are practising at the Kouris Dam, less than 1 Km away from us. I never mind the racket as a) I admire their skill b) it may save lives. British tax payers may wish to know that they contribute to the Cypriot Fire service by providing extra choppers when needed and the Base's Fire service also send fire tenders to local fires.

A parcel from Cotton Traders has been collected. I now have some new cotton trousers and a couple of sleeveless tops

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby nursemimi » May 9th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Morning everyone :wave: It is a lovely day here.
Just having a quick catch up before I head to town.
I am advancing my nursing degree and have a test today.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Good luck Nursemimi :tu:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

I have finally managed to lower my rear end onto a chair. Last evening we were due to hand over the key for next door to some guests who were coming from Paris. At the very last minute they said they would be arriving at about 11.15pm. Meanwhile there was yet another impressive thunder storm. I went to bed at 10.45 and Mr R waited until 11.30 - no sign, no message so he just left the inner door open, the lights on and a note. Of course the street lights went out but by this time he was out for the count. I was still awake at 1.45 then fell asleep. I don't know what time they eventually arrived but apparently they did, quietly thank goodness.

We have set eyes on the today because the shutters were still closed when we went out to town and when we came back they were closed again. Town was chaotic due to yesterday's holiday and another tomorrow. It was impossible to move in the supermarket because of the shelf stackers and the customers all competing to find a space. Our collective lack of sleep did not help.

So now the clouds are gathering once again and we are promised more storms. I think I need a siesta, but i know if I do I won't sleep tonight.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » May 9th, 2018, 2:16 pm

Well, Marco has gone
We are not much further forward in finding the chirp
We now think it is in the stud partition which therefore needs a decorator to come and cut into the plaster board so we can remove it (whatever it is)
Trouble is we aren't very sure where he should cut :? - it's quite a deep stud wall that was originally covered not with plaster but with match boarding (lightweight tongue and groove), which originally would have even covered the ceiling, The plasterboard has been put up piecemeal over the last few decades, and skimmed with plaster about 8 years ago. so getting it wrong could be messy.

We agree that it is puzzling, as we'd have a expected a fire alarm to be chirping for a new battery for a lot less than the 3 weeks it has been going so far, but we can't find a mains feed to the little b*%%@r (and it shuts up when the power is shut off)

As an aside, surprised how easy it is to turn the mains power off and on again, Everything that might be disrupted because it has a clock or some other special need for continuous power either has a back up battery or is connected to t'internet which will reset it. Or both! Would not have been the case a few years back. Only the land line phone needs resetting 9and the microwave, but that's permanently off kilter).
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 9th, 2018, 2:45 pm

nursemimi wrote:I am advancing my nursing degree and have a test today

Good Luck, Mimi :tu:
We had a power cut just as Deb was starting supper, the Beef Olives have to braise in the oven for three hours which would make supper very late, so they are now cooking with a view to eating them tomorrow. Instead we shall what is always called in the family Spanish Potato Omelette, although whether any Spaniard would recognise it is another matter ;)

The craft group is going on one of its regular trips to Nicosia, the knitters wish to cross the boarder into Northern Cyprus to buy more knitting wool. Personally I shall content myself with a good Turkish lunch and browse handbags

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 9th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Evening all.

A pleasant day today with mum. Her tumbleweed has gone to the great big hair mountain in the sky. She is happy. Food shop was pain free. I had to pop to the little girl's room whilst there and wandered into the toilet area behind an elderly lady pushing a rolator. She was so eager to get out of my way so I could pass (I was in no rush!) that she got a front wheel caught up with a stack of four trolleys and couldn't disengage! So there we both were, caught up with all these wheels that just wanted to keep going forward in a row, trying to untangle we were blocking everyone's way. Luckily she saw the funny side of it too.

After food shop I took a stroll to my local council office to finally get my JSA travel pass sorted. CAB told me where to go. Whilst there a rude woman in the DWP section reluctantly stamped the form to say I was eligible, huffing and puffing all the way. I was then sent to reception to pay the £5 fee. Two receptionists, six internal telephone calls later, still none the wiser how I was meant to be paying! I gave up in the end after half an hour wasted and went home. At least I got a lovely summer's evening walk out of it!

My feet are now up and that's it for the day. :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » May 9th, 2018, 6:48 pm

I may well disappear any minute because the rain is coming down in stair rods yet again.

We have just finished a fairly naughty supper of chicken- free range and local -and chips with a huge vat of ratatouille (what else?). Sometimes only comfort food will do. I am going to try to stay awake to watch the final of Top of the Shop but this may not happen.

Have a peaceful night all :hug:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » May 9th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Good evening everyone,
:lol: :lol: :lol: re the errant rollator Tezza, mine is an absolute godsend but it also has a mind of it's own at times :rolleyes:

It's been pouring, windy and cold here today since late morning. Thankfully I managed to get to the libray & back before it started tipping it down. I've ended up with the heating on tonight, hard to believe it was so warm and summery on Monday. Needless to say no gardening has been done so as my "task of the day" I tidied out my bed linen cupboard. A bit of a chore to be honest but it's looking good now. Thankfully it is supposed to be dry (though still chilly) tomorrow and I can hopefully get some more done in the garden. My windows are also needing washed, especially the front ones that have been well and truly splattered by seagull. :x
liketocook
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » May 9th, 2018, 8:07 pm

suffolk wrote:I was woken early by the dawn chorus so had a wander in the rosy dew while the kettle boiled

That's quite poetic, Suffs!
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » May 9th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Saw this and just HAD to post it!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... types.html

There are some seriously SAD people out there! Nowt wrong with the books!
Honestly! :x
:x
Grasshopper

Edited to add: THIS is better tho http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -each.html

Yummmmmmmmmmm :chops:
:chops:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 9th, 2018, 8:41 pm

We have had a grand day out in Newton Abbot. Left home at 8.15am and arrived in NA @ 10.20am Found Jacksons Fishmonger and Fish and Chip shop and bought a 4lb 2oz plaice !!!!! Also got some samphire to go with it. Asked him to hold on to it until we had had our lunch @ the F&C shop - superb. The indoor market was good, Mr. Z picked up 3 paperbacks for a £1, I got a tray of french dwarf beans and a nice blue Ceocantheus(sp). I had seen a lady carrying a lovely red broom plant, and managed to get the details of a chap who supplied them so after lunch went and had a gander at his homely nursery. 3 roses and some other bits and bobs later !!!!.... Went to a farm butcher and got some good pork and some beef skirt.

There was a M&S outlet store - a lot of stuff was 50% off and I treated myself to a nice floaty dress for £24.50 instead of £50 which I would not have paid anyway. It will come in handy next month if Mr. Z. does arrange anything for our 36th Wedd. Anniv. :?

We left for home at 4.00 and got home at 5.40. The roof has progressed some and we now have watertight sides to the roof. Now shattered, and Mr. Z. is working tomorrow so night night all.... :wave:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2018, 9:09 pm

Sleep tight all Zzzzzzzzzz
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » May 9th, 2018, 9:54 pm

ceanothus?
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 10th, 2018, 3:21 am

Good morning from Abu Dhabi! A lovely misty dawn was breaking when we landed.

Why Newton Abbot Zosh? Sounds nice anyway.

14 hours down and about to board for the next 8 or so. I hope that the woman who sang along loudly to whatever was on her headphones when everyone else was trying to sleep isn't on this flight :lol:. I can already hear the obligatory baby warming up it's lungs. They sell camel milk chocolate on the gift stand. I've bought enough rubbish so won't try it.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » May 10th, 2018, 5:23 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. Newton Abbott must have changed since I last saw it, admittedly that was 15 years ago ;)
Funny weather here, I am wearing a jumper, I know that I will have to change into a sleeveless top later.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 10th, 2018, 5:53 am

Morning all, NA because it was originally Kingsbridge, which we like anyway but KB was another 45 mins down the road and neither of us had knowledge of NA. Quite interesting history wise. Nice river runs through it and the F&C was to die for. The main cheffy guy was French !!! He did know his stuff, I asked about the ling and he was good enough to explain about it. It was a cool Wed. lunchtime and the F&C shop/rest. was heaving ! The only downside was parking.... neither of us will pay for parking if we can help it.... (London really grates) ! Most of the parking was for residents and meter parking but we did find some a short walk from the centre. The countryside was glorious, fresh green and some sunny bits. We did stop for an ice cream on the journey back, it was farm produced, wonderful, not too sweet and very creamy. I chose banana + P nut butter and expresso coffee. £4 :o :o :o but it was HUGE and in a waffle cone - can't stand those cardboardy cones.

EM where did your time go !!! Thanks Scully, could not be a**ed to look for the spelling, it was a long but enjoyable day.

Mr. Z has toddled off to work for the day and I have roses to plant, all very different and some dwarf beans too. Not sure where to plant the red broom ??? I would like to be able to see it from a window somewhere, it is very striking. I also have a thrifty type plant for the rockery - reminds me of a school trip to the coast many decades ago... My tommys also need to go into their main pots in the greenhouse. Busy day I think ! Just wish I had not woken up at 4am..... :?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 10th, 2018, 5:55 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Last time I was in Newton Abbot was 1964 ... it's probably changed since then :lol:

Still dry here, but overcast so far. We were supposed to get rain overnight to water the runner beans I sowed yesterday but now it look doubtful ... I'll have to give them a soak with a hose ... we're off to visit DD as she had a dental procedure yesterday so she's on A/l and we'll be taking all my baby plants for her to look after in her greenhouse while were on our hollibobs !!!
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » May 10th, 2018, 6:42 am

Morning all!

EM - I hope you have a noise pollution free flight! Zosh - I could just eat that ice cream you describe for breakfast! :chops: LTC - I must tell my friend about the rollator incident. She is mainly wheelchair based now but does use one and has a good sense of humour enough to laugh at that. :lol:

I think we are in for a changeable day weatherwise but I've still risked a load of washing, mainly towels, cleaning cloths and slippers, nothing I can't get dry in here if it rains.

I fell asleep during Top Of The Shop and missed the end (had to Google winner, I would have put money on chocolate woman winning) and missed 45 minutes of Millionaire then continuing on a theme missed most of my chosen 10pm programme. Today I am going to strip my bedroom wall so that I can paint it and move my bed from living room into bedroom so that I can go to bed, something you don't have the luxury of being able to do when living in bedsit conditions. This wall should be easier to deal with as the paper is thin, plus there is magnolia beneath. I plan to start at 9am, do an hour, cup of tea with a cookery book, repeat until 5pm. Olly Murs in the background may feature! My arms are going to ache but it will be worth it!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Gruney » May 10th, 2018, 7:13 am

suffolk wrote:we're off to visit DD as she had a dental procedure yesterday

I can empathise - I've had raging toothache for 48 hours now - it has set several other teeth aching, too. Appointment for 1.55pm.
Gruney
Registered

Postby icelesley » May 10th, 2018, 7:16 am

Good morning wild ones. Teresa it was the biltong that won. :tu: The Sun is out already, but it is cooler than yesterday. Shopping day today veggies are running low again.
icelesley
Registered

Postby jrc » May 10th, 2018, 7:31 am

Gruney :hug:

I had some dental work done last month. I told the dentist ( I was having a sedation) I wanted to wake up a size 8 and with a Hollywood smile. He looked at me and said “ I’m a dentist, not a magician “ :terrified: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had rain overnight. :?
jrc
Registered

Postby jrc » May 10th, 2018, 7:50 am

C18300C7-47A6-4E7F-AECA-51C106382C9A.jpeg

I bought this yesterday. I want it to be a colourful addition to the garden. It would have to be painted and treated for obvious reasons. It is approximately 2’ x 2’ 6”.

I can follow a pattern but am not able to design. I am thinking paint in two bright colours and mark out some floral stencils and fill in. Then clear varnish??? I can’t do too intricate though.

As you lot know, we have started out with a blank canvas garden wise and now want to create a few bits to add a bit of character. I know it isn’t to everybody’s taste, it just took my fancy and brand new at £15 it didn’t break the bank.

Any thought? Bob suggested a bonfire. :oops: :terrified:
jrc
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop