This was a very nice meal

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

This was a very nice meal

Postby hickybank » April 11th, 2018, 8:10 am

Fancied a change of culture this week so tried this Persian dish, we both really enjoyed it so will definitely be making again.
The Saffron I bought at ALDI, £ 2 for 0.4 of a gram which was just enough for the meal & I was very surprised at the quality of it, very pungent, I would recommend it.
The recipe was from this site which has some excellent dishes on it so bookmarked to use again
http://www.thepersianpot.com/recipe/per ... ken-morgh/
If anyone tries it I would love to have a second opinion
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Re: This was a very nice meal

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 11th, 2018, 10:44 am

I haven't tried it but I've stuck it in my favourites, ta! :tu: Glad you enjoyed!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 11th, 2018, 11:32 am

Sounds goid
I've got a couple of similar recipes in the Sabrina Ghayour books Persiana and Feast. She calls them tagines, which I don't think is the Persian word, but tasty in most languages

There are quite a few of her recipes on line, including on her own site (though I don't like the way the site scrolls)
http://www.sabrinaghayour.com/recipes/
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby hickybank » April 11th, 2018, 11:45 am

Thanks Sue looks good so saved into my pocket list
Common sense is not so common
A brain is as strong as it's weakest think
hickybank
Registered

Postby Prettykiwicrazy » April 11th, 2018, 5:23 pm

I've got all three of Sabrina's books and cooked a few dishes from each, though was t so keen on Feasts. That's my only experience of Persian food and I'm sure he recipes are totally Anglicised for her readers , but I enjoy the flavours
Prettykiwicrazy
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 11th, 2018, 6:00 pm

I think Sabrina is honest, she learned to cook Persian food by picking it up where she could, having arrived in this country as a tot with a Mum (the famous "Mama Ghayour") who couldn't cook
Some of her dishes are totally standard Persian, some are fusion, but either way, they are it seems genuinely what she cooks, she seems to take the attitude that Iran is a big area with a lot of neighbours and things don't stay segregated Fair enough it seems to me.
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » April 12th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Looks lovely Hicky. For some reason when I scanned through this the other day I thought it was one of those baked rice dishes where the rice crisps on the outside but ity isn't!

I am rather fond of The Saffron Tales by Yasmin Khan. I heard her speak at the time the book was launched and have tried several recipes - she is of Iranian stock and travelled round Iran collecting recipes from the different regions.
earthmaiden
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop