Cardiff

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Cardiff

Postby EmWilk » April 15th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Evening all,

OH and I are going to Cardiff for a couple of days soon.

Any suggestions for nice places to eat, things to do, etc.?

All recommendations appreciated!

Thanks,

Emma
EmWilk
Registered

Re: Cardiff

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 15th, 2018, 7:00 pm

I went a couple of years ago with ex who was going to ice hockey. I tried to hide a yawn, said 'byeeeee' when we got there and I went to the castle instead. Beautiful! Try not to miss it. They have good catering facilities, well they did then. We didn't stay the night so didn't eat out, but I can recommend the castle.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Kitewatcher » April 15th, 2018, 11:08 pm

Cardiff is my native city so I know it well. So much to do and see. Are you into art? There is the Davies Bequest of paintings at the Museum. Wally's is a good deli in the arcade. Excellent fish at Aston's in the market. Every spice and chilli you can think of at Clancy's also in the market. Guided tour round the Millenium Stadium where they have rugby matches. Trip round the Bay. Good restaurants by the sea in Penarth. A rowdy pre-match party of us ate at Madame Fromage in the arcade.
Enjoy your trip to Cardiff. I have hardly scratched the surface of what you can do.
Kitewatcher
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » April 16th, 2018, 2:30 pm

We often get the train up to the 'diff - there are some lovely restaurants - Giovanni's is a fab Italian restaurant right in the centre. The Meating Place serves good steaks etc. Wally's as Kitewatcher suggested is an excellent deli. The castle is well worth a visit as is Castle Coch - a short drive out of Cardiff. Great shopping centre and if you go onto the Millennium Centre site you'll find all manner of concerts etc going on there.
If I think of anything else to suggest I'll come back to you.
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby liketocook » April 16th, 2018, 8:47 pm

My son and his gf live in Cardiff - they love this place http://www.sarayrestaurant.co.uk/
liketocook
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop