Nutribullet - should I keep it or sell it?

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Nutribullet - should I keep it or sell it?

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 24th, 2018, 5:08 pm

I bought a Nutribullet about two years ago before all my hospital, job loss and bedsit woes, it then went into storage after I got a chance to use it just once. I have just found it.

I am being ruthless with all possessions as this is in effect a down size from a two bed house to a one bed flat, and if I really don't use or need items I am either attempting to sell or donating to charity. I'm not sure what to do with this.

The unit itself takes up minimal space on the worktop so that's not an issue. I can't remember now the reason I really bought it in the first place! So, to all owners of this gadget, why should I keep hold of it? What do you use yours for?

I do have the recipe books here somewhere amongst this lot..... :sad:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Nutribullet - should I keep it or sell it?

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 24th, 2018, 7:58 pm

I use mine most days .. either for an oat smoothie for breakfast, or a veg smoothie to get more fibre and an extra 4 veg into my diet (both so easy to ingest ;) ) I have though, never used the bit for nuts :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » April 24th, 2018, 8:12 pm

It entirely depends on what else you have - if you have another liquidiser / blender tand you aren't prone to smoothies sell while it's pristine
But if not check the recioe book to see if it fills a gap in your arsenal
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » April 24th, 2018, 8:15 pm

I would say it would depend on how much you think you can get for it (and how much you need the cash.) I seem to be able to live without one... :) if you have an eBay account, try adding some that are for sale to your wish list so that you can track how much people actually get for them (what they ask is not a reliable guide.)
Given that they most seem to be on offer (no auction) at around the £25 mark, if it were me, and I had room for it, I'd try using it for a bit, then decide. Of course if it were me, gadget fiend, I'd probably hold onto it.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 24th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.

I do need to find the recipe books I think, as I seem to remember they were full of good ideas. I usually favour eating fruit and veg as they are rather than blitzing them into smoothies, although I do enjoy a nice smoothie. I think I bought it because it was the new in thing at the time.

I will see how much it would be likely to sell for, then weigh that up against how often I'd be likely to use it. If I could get say £25 for it I have to think that's three haircuts at the moment! And I could eat my muesli, yoghurt and fruit in lumpy form from a bowl as I have been doing.

Will do my research! :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Luca » April 24th, 2018, 8:39 pm

I have one and use it 4 times a week minimum. Excellent for pulverising flaxseeds, nuts, other seeds for smoothies. Superb for smoothies full of vitamins and very easy to use and clean. Very quick chilled soups. Gazpacho?

As others have said, depends on your other kitchen appliances. It suits me as I like being able to quickly whip up something for one and have less washing up volume!
Luca
Global Moderator

Postby StokeySue » April 24th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Smoothies :sprout:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 24th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Thanks Luca. Anything to save on washing up! I do keep meaning to include seeds in my diet.

I do have a small Magi-mix style food processor which still works as a grater, slicer, I can do breadcrumbs in it, it is very old and has faded in the sun so I keep it in the cupboard, loathe to get rid of it really as it does some jobs very well but takes up more space. I did have a goblet blender but not sure where that went, and I have a stick blender, well two actually, which I use all the time.

I'll look for the recipe books tomorrow then decide. I'm edging towards keeping it because every time i walk past it I look at it and it does look quite sleek sitting next to my yet to be used pasta machine!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Catherine » April 24th, 2018, 9:42 pm

I'd be more inclined to get rid of the pasta machine
Catherine
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 24th, 2018, 10:26 pm

I was thinking the same Catherine. I don't think I have a worktop long enough here to be able to use it, as much as I love having it.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » April 25th, 2018, 5:12 am

I bought a pasta machine on ebay a few years back. We do make our own pasta because we have a lot of eggs but it does take time and it is better to do with 2 people - not always on tap !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 25th, 2018, 5:34 am

That's nailed it Zosh. I probably don't eat enough pasta to warrant having the machine these days. I bought that when I lived with someone who did and would have helped me make pasta, plus we had hens next door. So dilemma solved. NB lives to see another day, never used pasta machine goes. :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 25th, 2018, 12:15 pm

StokeySue wrote:Smoothies :sprout:

:sprout: :sprout:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 25th, 2018, 12:18 pm

The only time my pasta machine comes out is when the GCs come to visit. They love making their own
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby mogatogs » April 25th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Tessa, I am trying to declutter my kitchen cupboards and I also have a pasta machine with handle can't remember last time I used it although I make pasta I have a electric one which is used a lot, it was a unwanted wedding gift to a friend who was going to bin it!! Nutribullet - bin, I also need to sort wooden spoons got soooo many :oops:
mogatogs
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » April 25th, 2018, 5:12 pm

If I were you Teresa, I’d find your goblet blender, because with that and a stick blender, I’m not sure you really need the NB. I was given one and after of couple of uses I gave it away, as I found it wasn’t as good as my goblet blender. And it annoyed me that it had to be turned over and unscrewed to add things to the mix, rather than just taking the lid off.
Mogatogs, don’t get rid of too many wooden spoons...I had many, and some of then were very handy when I needed to light our wood burner quickly and had run out of kindling!
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 25th, 2018, 6:17 pm

I have one more box of stuff to unpack which my sister packed and has written 'kitchen fragile' on. The goblet blender may well be in it! If it's not there then it's nowhere! I have a feeling from looking at the construction of the NB, it could be quite annoying with the blade needing to be unscrewed, the cups having either screw on lids or rims. So many bits to be kept in a cupboard somewhere. Hmmm....i have bought some Greek style natural yoghurt today and am shopping for bananas tomorrow so may put a smoothie together, see what happens.

Talking of wooden spoons. I found a stash of about twenty yesterday which had been in a cardboard box in my mum's garage through all temperatures for over a year and they had all gone weird! Sort of anaemic looking, almost powdery. I binned them. I have a favourite savoury one and a favourite sweet one, that'll do me.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » April 25th, 2018, 6:25 pm

Wooden spoons, now there's a thing. I have one of my mum's, one of my gran's, one of my m-i-l's and one from Disney Europe the GCs gave me. That's it covered!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby MagicMarmite » April 25th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I have a pasta machine attachment for my kitchenaid that's still in the box!
I should probably chuck it on a FB for free.
MagicMarmite
Registered

Postby uschi » April 26th, 2018, 8:14 am

I agree with patpoyntz. If you have a stick blender, get rid of the NB.
The sticks are more versatile. For small portions you only need a narrow, high vessel and for a big pot of say brokkoli or cauliflower soup you can simply blitz them in the pot you cooked them in for a great soup.
The NB would be a pain for that. Also, stick blender and vessel are easier to clean. So see what you can get for the NB.

The pasta machine ... I have two, one for Fimo and the other one for Pasta. I used to make pasta a lot a few years ago, but not recently. So far though, I have room for them.
uschi
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » April 26th, 2018, 9:13 am

uschi wrote:I agree with patpoyntz. If you have a stick blender, get rid of the NB.

As well as a NB, I also have a Bamix stick blender that sit side by side on my work top. No way would the Bamix be able to cope with converting Spinach, avocado (including the stone), raw beetroot and blueberries into a smoothie, or raw oats, seeds nuts and dried apricots into a smoothie either . The Bamix however is brilliant for whizzing soups, converting table sugar into caster sugar and finely chopping cheese .... :tu: I use both of these on a regular basis.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » April 26th, 2018, 11:00 am

Ah, uschi, I remember you mentioned quite some time ago that you used your pasta machine for your Fimo projects, one of the reasons I kept hold of it. And funnily enough I found my miniature food for doll's houses book the other day and my Fimo yesterday!

I think I'll keep hold of both for now as I keep chopping and changing my mind and both items cost me quite a bit of money.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop