Restaurant in Norwich

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Restaurant in Norwich

Postby slimpersoninside » June 2nd, 2018, 5:59 pm

Hi all.

In the not too distant future myself and DH will be going to the theatre in Norwich. As it will be a Thursday straight from work we will need to eat upon arrival. Can anyone offer up any restaurant suggestions, within walking distance of the theatre, please? We don't go for anything too fancy, DH can't eat garlic and we're looking at reasonanly priced.

Thank you for any help.
slimpersoninside
Registered

Re: Restaurant in Norwich

Postby suffolk » June 2nd, 2018, 9:22 pm

You would probably find that Kemp's Restaurant, within the theatre itself, would suit you perfectly and would be our choice in your circumstances. Details on the Theatre Royal website.

Otherwise there's The Assembly House which is virtually next door to the Theatre Royal, or five minutes away are Carluccio's and Cafe Rouge, and about seven minutes away are The Lamb (we often eat there with a drink) and Jamie's Italian which we like, and both of which I believe do pre theatre menus, or at least are quite used to people eating there before the theatre. There's also a good Pizza Express at the Forum close by and a Bella Pasta in walking distance but I've not eaten there so couldn't vouch for it.

Have a look at their websites and ask me anything you like :D

Edited to add: The Assembly House has always had a good reputation locally and people I know speak highly of it as serving reliable British-style food ... but a few recent trip advisor reviews are a bit disappointing :(
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Re: Restaurant in Norwich

Postby slimpersoninside » June 3rd, 2018, 2:32 pm

Cheers Suffs :tu: . I'll have a look and consult DH.
slimpersoninside
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop