Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 9:01 am

Here she is everyone ... please meet Saoirse :D

it means freedom and liberty and is pronounced like this https://www.babynamesofireland.com/audio/saoirse.mp3
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Re: Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 9:29 am

Well ... I suppose I'll have to plump my own cushions up and make myself a :mug: ... :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 8th, 2018, 9:34 am

Welcome Saoirse! That's a name I'd not heard of before. I really like it! I'm thinking wouldn't that be a nice name for a cat! :luv: :hug:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 9:46 am

steaming cups of coffee.jpg
steaming cups of coffee.jpg (2.93 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

doughnuts.jpg
doughnuts.jpg (10.26 KiB) Viewed 1130 times

As it's you Tezza, I've made the refreshments :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 10:08 am

Right, we're off to the coast ... see you later .............
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 8th, 2018, 10:19 am

Well done, Suffs, you have been busy and welcome to Saoirse.

When we went over to Pissouri at about 9 30 we could see smoke. Driving along the access road to the main highway showed flames leaping up the bank near the ntrance to The Tunnel. We sped on in case they closed the tunnel but could see that the fire had spread under the viaduct.
Returning at 12 30 we could see smoke and hoped that they had not closed the tunnel, it is a very long diversion and would add a good 20 minutes to our journey. It was OK but traffic was reduced to a single lane. I drove back onto the Sotira road, our usual route, stopped to see what was happening. The big fire trucks were lumbering along the country tracks to gain access to the fire, the fire fighting helicopters were going over to the sea to fill their buckets.
No one was in any danger, there is a steep ravine between the fire and the village. We will check when go over that way this evening for the band concert

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 8th, 2018, 10:39 am

Goodness me Moira, that sounds a bit scary! Glad nobody was in danger. :hug:

Now, I like the look of those doughnuts! :chops:

I hope the chinches are doing well. What a lovely treat to have fish and chips on a Friday on the beach. A very British summer thing! Now in Sainsbury's cafe today will my mum finally persuade me to order fish and chips, or will they have any doughnuts left?
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » June 8th, 2018, 11:48 am

Now I know how to pronounce it. I am a fan of Saoirse Ronan.
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby nursemimi » June 8th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Welcome Saoirse what a lovely name!

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 8th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Afternoone everyone :wave:

I might be able to pronounce it but I certainlly won't be able to spell it :oops: Welcome anyway!

we sent our guests off on an expedition this morning to :
http://levillagedesbories.com/
https://www.provenceweb.fr/e/vaucluse/gordes/gordes.htm
http://www.avignon-et-provence.com/en/m ... nque-abbey
All three are stunning and very close to us.

I've taken the chance to catch up on more cooking and housework.House guests, even the ones who are lovely are very time consuming aren't they? Fortunately th weather seems to have taken a turn for the better - it was 26C at lunch time and sunny :bounce: :bounce:
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Well it's stopped drizzling here, and looks a tad brighter. I have shortened the sleeves on Mr. Z's new jacket, prepped 6 ckx. thighs stuffed with stuffing taken the skin off and wrapped in streaky bacon. I will put the oven on later and also roast some tatos for Mr. Z. I might even make some cookies. Oh, and the oven is now cleaner..... :oops:

I might even sneak off later as I was up and about at 5am. :shock:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 8th, 2018, 4:10 pm

:wave: Saoirse

I am indebted to Graham Norton for the pronunciation! Saoirse Ronan has been on hos show more than once

Well the sun has come out, the neighbours and I have had a hug and made up for the building work, and I think I may have found a handy man, the guys downstairs (the Brazilians, not the Turks or the Chinese) run a small property management company, they have a handy man /builder who they rent out when he is not to busy. He's good - he has just waterproofed the roof and fixed my rainwater pipes and guttering.

I am using my new document reader to help me clear stuff off my desk, and using the computer sometimes as well. Think I'll get the new printer on Monday

have a good evening everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » June 8th, 2018, 4:50 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Well it's stopped drizzling here, and looks a tad brighter. I have shortened the sleeves on Mr. Z's new jacket, prepped 6 ckx. thighs stuffed with stuffing taken the skin off and wrapped in streaky bacon. I will put the oven on later and also roast some tatos for Mr. Z. I might even make some cookies. Oh, and the oven is now cleaner..... :oops:

I might even sneak off later as I was up and about at 5am. :shock:

I like to do my chicken thighs like that Zosh...very tasty hot, then slice beautifully cold for later feasts.

Welcome Saoirse...a lovely name. My friend who runs the dolphin watch trips here has a boat of that name, and I think it is just right for the job.
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » June 8th, 2018, 5:06 pm

We are sitting in a field in Perthshire in glorious sunshine in our motor home, waiting for some young ones to arrive from London, to do the Cateran Yomp. A 50 mike ‘walk’ over the next couple of days or however long it takes. We are the support team for them and are loaded up with water, emergency rations and loads of chocolate. Also spare sock and sticking plasters. We are enjoying a gin and tonic! I am glad we are driving between checkpoints!
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 5:09 pm

We're back after a lovely day :D we actually had our fish & chips on the pier as the tide was full in and there wasn't a lot of beach to sit on ... we might have got a little damp ... we sat by the pier theatre bar which facilitated easy trips for liquid refreshment too 8-) Lots of 'dog watching' too ... there always is on the pier ... the two best were a huge and handsome St Bernard :luv: and a Yorkie-poo sort of chap who spotted Chinch's dropped chip and didn't take his eyes off it until at last his owners decided to move on and he was able to sneak under our table and grab it :lol:

On the way back to the car we called at the splendidly named Icarus Hines butcher and purchased a beef brisket, some lamb leg steaks, sausages and bacon ... then on to the little greengrocer's and we got FR eggs, a summer cauli, new Lincs potatoes, onions and some apples.

We stopped off at Chinch Towers for tea and ginger cake :chops: on the way home ... goodness me the Chinches have been busy on their garden ... totally re-vamped and looking great :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » June 8th, 2018, 5:17 pm

Dont all faint! Chinch remembers how to post on Wildfood. :lol: Excuse the absence, lots of family stuff going on.

We had a lovely day with Suffs and The Pergola Builder :lol: I dont think we will be wanting any tea tonight. However, we have a huge bag of rhubarb to poach tomorrow thanks to Suffs :hug:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 8th, 2018, 5:26 pm

Hi Chinch!
Nice to see you

Patpoyntz, gin sounds spot on - not too sure about the Yomping though :D

national Gin Day tomorrow, got to get the training in
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 8th, 2018, 6:16 pm

I will gave a virtual gin tomorrow to mark the occasion. :cocktail:

Hi chinch! :wave: The pier party sounds delightful, so does the ginger cake! You must have had the weather for it. It has been gorgeous here! Full sun all day and a lovely breeze. Perfect for getting a line full of laundry done if only I'd thought to get some ready to go out.

I saw an advertisement yesterday for something called Bennet's Splash; basically a fun little water park set up on a nearby recreation ground, free to park and use. It has a cafe. Open May to September. Me and my mum checked it out earlier. Definitely one for littlest nephew.

Now to have some ice cream and see if there is anything interesting on TV tonight.

Have good evenings everyone.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 8th, 2018, 6:32 pm

National Gin Day tomorrow?! :shock: Shall I start this evening ... I'm a little out of practice ... drank a lot of Campari on holiday ... only one (very large :oops: ) gin ....?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » June 8th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Evening all :hug:

Congratulations on the new birth Suffs :D

Glad the working week is over seems to have been a very long one. Although I did spend Monday and Tuesday feeling very zombified. Not helped by Monday night spent wearing a face mask and monitoring equipment for sleep apnoea so of course I did not sleep well.

Tomorrow I am having my hair done and Sunday if hubby has time we will go to the coast for a walk. If he doesn't have time I may go on my own :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 8th, 2018, 7:41 pm

OMG! I was wrong
It's not National Gin Day tomorrow - it's World Gin Day! :shock: :shock: :shock: :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:

https://worldginday.com
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 8th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Welcome to Saoirse. An interesting name. Presumably we'll be wetting the baby's head with gin!

:wave: :wave: Chinch! Glad you all had a lovely day and didn't get blown away on the pier.

A busy day at work then had to stop off at the sorting office for a parcel, Argos to collect something I'd ordered and an Amazon collection box on the way home (GD's birthday and possibly Christmas now all sorted!). Last time I ordered a small item from the firm where the parcel came from they enclosed so many brochures and things that the small item needed a parcel to fit it all in :rolleyes:. I had expected the same today so wasn't overly impressed to queue for ages at the sorting office only to be given a padded envelope that would have fitted through my letterbox :evil:. I didn't have to sign for it or anything so am mystified.

An earlier night tonight I think .. 'night all.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 8th, 2018, 9:25 pm

Oh no! If it is WORLD gin day, is gin at risk of being rationed??? Should we all get in quick??? :lol:

I was just alerted to unknown voices out the back in our communal washing area. Had a crafty look through my chilli plant branches. About six youths clearly sharing packets of drugs and discussing drug prices / quantities with each other. 45 minutes later they are still out there, getting a bit boisterous. I'm sad to see kids doing this sort of thing, wonder if their parents know or care. They're not harming me. But as they decided to call it a night and hopped off, they obviously thought it would be a laugh to pull down my washing line which I only replaced two weeks ago. Nothing I can do except keep a note and then fix it tomorrow. One stupid action means I now have to drag step ladders down the stairs with my one good arm to fix it again before I can hang my washing out in the morning.

On a very positive note, we are taking my nephew to the water park tomorrow. :bounce: Whenever he comes round he's always asking me for something to eat :luv: and usually ends up clearing out most of my fruit bowl. So, for the first time ever my mum managed to get him on the phone to me so that I could ask him, if I let him eat my fruit, what is he going to bring me? He loves cucumber so I asked him to bring me one but he refused, saying he doesn't mind bringing me a banana as there is one in their fruit bowl going a bit brown! At the age of four I think this kid is going to do well in the world!

Nite nite :hug:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 9th, 2018, 6:08 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, It was a good concert last night, a lot of film music including items that you seldom hear, eg the music to Branagh's Henry V. Lots of picnicking as expected but nothing exotic, a lot of prosecco was being consumed ;)
Very hot here.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 9th, 2018, 6:43 am

Good morning ... I too went to the cinema last night after a very busy day. My friend an I originally wanted to see 'The Book Club' but had missed the viewings at the local cinema, so we went instead to the Pinewood Studios Cinema and saw 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' Those who have already seen this will know that it is all about a book club of another kind. We really enjoyed it and I kept thinking that our Mary (and Rats?) would enjoy seeing the scenery of Guernsey. The only downer was the £7 charge for a glass of wine in a plastic beaker :shock:

I discovered yesterday that my box plants are infested with Box Moth caterpillars ... I have probably lost those in pots, so need to concentrate on trying to save a small hedge and 2 large box balls planted in the ground :( :cry: :shock: :shock: :shock: It seems that a good drenching with a spray bug killer can help - in the meantime I have blasted the little bu$$ers with a high pressure hose to wash them off and hopefully drown them. Other online advice is to burn them ... not easy when it is a hedge and you have no facilities/space for a bonfire ! :scared: :scared: :scared:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 9th, 2018, 7:00 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Overcast here but it appears very pleasant so far from my vantage point of under the duvet.
A day of light weeding and planting is likely. oH is in charge of supper. :)
Patsy ... box seems to be fraught with difficulty however it is grown ... look wonderful when it's healthy and horrid when it's not ... you have my sympathy :(
Last edited by suffolk on June 9th, 2018, 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 9th, 2018, 7:12 am

Good morning wild ones. Welcome Saoirse :hi5: the Sun is back :bounce: I have lost three and a half pound in my first week of dieting :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: so it is enough incentive to carry on. :tu: I am having trouble with birds getting into the greenhouse, sparrows and finches, I have an insect curtain over the door to stop the cat's getting in, but the birds are coming through the open Windows. They get stuck and fly into the glass, the dog gets upset because the birds are trapped and he barks like mad until they are free, then stands on guard waiting for the next one :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 9th, 2018, 7:18 am

I have put a gammon on to simmer for tonight's supper, I hope that I can get it cool enough in time. To be served with potato salad, green salad, tomatoes and whatever Deb brings back from the vegetable shop. I must soak some beans for tomorrows bean salad, I use the ham stock.
We are having a heat wave here, it is due to hit 40 C in Nicosia, the temp will be a bit lower here. The house has been aired through then I shall shut the windows and pull the blinds against the heat in classic Cypriot fashion.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 9th, 2018, 7:57 am

Morning all,

Washing line fixed, laundry out, phew it's hot and very muggy! I must wash my hair before my guests arrive and then remember to buy the Mail for their World Cup wallchart! :bounce:

Here's to a happy gin day with one of these! :cocktail:

(Not really........ :mug: :grin:)
Last edited by TeresaFoodie on June 9th, 2018, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 9th, 2018, 9:02 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Guests escorted to market and they were so enchanted we left them to enjoy the full experience and find themselves some lunch. Meanwhile I have a soupe au pistou to make for this evening, followed by a cherry clafouutis. The cherries in the orchard are now ripe. I think it will ve another hot day here, let's h. I was waiting on the bench near the door for MR R to rescue the car from the far reaches of the car parkope it continues becasue we have booked a table for lunch at the restaurant with the lovely terrace.
I meant to tell you 2 amusing incidents observed in the supermarket yesterday. " locals met each other as one was going in and the other coming out. istead of mving from the door they almost totally blocked it and proceeded to put the world to rights with much gesticulating. A dutch family were coming in and trying to get past and the father was smacked in the face by one of the flying - the conversation did not pause at all :lol:

The second was a man also sitting on the bench and obviously becoming restless. In the end he got out his phone and called his wife - who was obviously shoppingin the same store.He demanded to know how long she would be because he was late for his coffee and that she hurried up - absolutely no offer to help with what he clearly deemed women's work!!

Enjoy World Gin Day. I'll join you very soon!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 9th, 2018, 9:07 am

Ratatouille wrote:Morning everyone :wave: .... Enjoy World Gin Day. I'll join you very soon!

Did you decide not to wait ? ... ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » June 9th, 2018, 9:13 am

Hurrah for World Gin Day!! :D :tu: :cocktail:

And a big welcome to Saorise from me too. :wave:

Have a good day Wildies :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 9th, 2018, 9:17 am

I shall celebrate World Gin Day by making Strawberry Gin, I will let you know the result.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 9th, 2018, 9:20 am

suffolk wrote:
Ratatouille wrote:Morning everyone :wave: .... Enjoy World Gin Day. I'll join you very soon!

Did you decide not to wait ? ... ;)

The sun is not yet over the yard arm Suffs - soon will be though :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :cocktail: :cocktail:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Seatallan » June 9th, 2018, 9:37 am

I could do with one right now. :oops:

I blame it on the trying to move house saga. Which continues to rumble on. Market has gone very sluggish. We've had only one viewing since our original buyer pulled out and estate agent putting pressure on us to drop the price again. We're resisting because if we do, we'll be lucky to break even on the costs of moving to the house we want (if indeed it is still available by the time we've found another buyer). Plus a house a few doors up from us (and directly comparable in every way based on the internal and external pics) has just gone on the market for 22k more than ours is currently selling at :rolleyes: (will be interesting to see if they have better luck than we've had). We've decided to stay on the market whilst the house we want is still available but if that goes we'll probably come off the market and try again next spring when there may be less uncertainty about the Brexit fallout. We're also thinking of moving a little further north, where house prices are that bit lower (Bambury possibly).

Anyway.... we like our house... :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 9th, 2018, 9:50 am

icelesley wrote: I have lost three and a half pound in my first week of dieting

I found those pounds you lost Lesley ... :( :cry: :td:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 9th, 2018, 10:15 am

Oh Sea, that must be so frustrating. :hug:

I decided to make a vat of red lentil chilli to be devoured over the next few days with some for the freezer. Popped up to drop off some post which wasn't for me and the entire road was being blasted by the sound of horns, hooters, whistles, sirens.....obviously some kind of fete or parade going on somewhere round here. The water park is definitely on in a bit. Little nephew is really looking forward to splashing about whilst us adults are looking forward to attacking the cafe!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 9th, 2018, 2:45 pm

I will not be partaking in WGD, 9 weeks today off the booze and seems I have lost 7kg so I am pretty pleased.

Sea. sorry to hear your house plans are not panning out. :( Don't be bullied by the agent, they have targets to meet.... :rolleyes:

Rats, If I go french s'market shopping, it has to be a s'market that has an attached bar where Mr. Z. will sit and while away an hour. I then text him to come and help load up the conveyor belt and then off the other end.

Mr. Z. has de-geraniumed another part of a flower bed so I will try and find something to put in it this week. We also planted a black elderberry in the front bed which will start to look good next spring. We will change the shape of the drive when the build is finished to make parking and access easier.

Load of washing on the line, should be put away by close of day. Lunch was outside in the sun quiche, salad, hummus and dippers. I need a snooze as Scrumpy was playing with my face at 4.15am !
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 9th, 2018, 9:37 pm

We have just had a spot of rain. Yippee!

Zosh on the weight loss! :kneel: And can I borrow Scrumpy please? :luv: I miss that snuggling around the face mallarky.

We had a lovely time at the water park today. Nephew was shy to start with and didn't want to go near the water features, but I persevered......while my mum and sister enjoyed a natter on a bench i sauntered around the 'wet' area in my flip flops with him. He soon started to get brave until he quite happily frolicked while I rested my over worked back for a bit. He ran me ragged on the adventure playground. We kicked a ball to each other by the goal posts. Halfway through we switched to slow motion mode which was quite funny. I explained what's happening in Russia on Thursday, his first ever World Cup. He loves football so was quite excited to hear that this is the first one since he was born. He then dropped his football in the fountain jet area and was too scared of the water to retrieve it. Me and my sister managed to capture the moment on our phones when he screamed the place down! Funny.

I don't think sleep will be a problem for any of us tonight! zzzzzzzzzzzzz........:grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 10th, 2018, 6:12 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, According to the radio there was an earth tremor in Yorkshire, centred on Grimsby, whatever next :rolleyes:
Edited to add
:https://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/earthquake.php?id=674097

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 10th, 2018, 6:57 am

Good morning wild ones. It's hot hot hot already. The beasts are going to have a bath today much to their disgust :lol: Buckets are at the ready, Kia is not happy.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 10th, 2018, 7:26 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Apparently the earthquake was felt here in Norwich, tho not by us! Thankfully the pergola remains upright :tu:
A light shower for the garden first thing this morning but it's dry now and I think we're in for a fine day, although we're not getting the temperatures that you are Ice!
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 10th, 2018, 7:46 am

Morning all! Nice to read back. So sorry that the house market is flat Seatallen. Well done on the weight loss icey.

I see icey's pinched all the sun again. Grey here and forecast for the day. No rain forecast, it's GD's birthday party this afternoon and they want to hold it in the garden. Lovely afternoon of small talk with ex and GD's ma's family ahead. Lunch with DD and partner first though.

I don't use the voice recognition on my phone but just switched it on by mistake and a transcript of the last sentence from the TV news which I have on appeared here :?. You do have to be careful don't you!

Hope the earth didn't move too much for anyone last night.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 10th, 2018, 8:47 am

Morning all,

No earth moving here during the night for me! :lol: :tu: Bright and breezy here. I think I might take a walk to the Downs. Might! Still aching from the footy kick about yesterday! Nothing else planned except see what comes along!

Have fun everyone!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 10th, 2018, 8:53 am

Good morning
We had quite a sharp shower last evening, and it was still grey and over cast an hour ago, now brilliant sunshine :)
Off for the last of our city history walks (the squares of Bloomsbury) so good weather required

Shame about the house Seatallen but I'm keeping an eye on my local Rightmove, and I find the same (nice) properties going round and round, either reduced or apparently "newly listed" as they change agents

Have a goodday everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 10th, 2018, 9:49 am

IMG_0715 2.JPG
IMG_0715 2.JPG (27.72 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Morning all, Back to roses....... This is what I am calling Raspberry Ripple and it has the most utterly delightful scent, nicer, I think than musk rose....

Now that the blue tits have vacated the extractor fan in the en suite, we can cut the virginia creeper that gave some cover for them outside. It is now up and under the guttering and needs to come down to first floor level. Some bulbs to be replanted from digging up the geraniums and that is it on the job front. Maybe a garden tour later..... Then lunch of toulouse sausage and some channa dal that needs finishing with the endings of the savoury rice.

Spent some time on the internet research the Douro (Portugal) again for Sept. 19. We are thinking it will have to be organised for ourselves for what we want to do. Porto, Douro, Salamanca with some time at a winery and some local food. The river cruises are ludicrously expensive and we feel it might be a tad too contrived for our liking ATM.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 10th, 2018, 10:35 am

I am waiting for the sun to shift round then we shall have lunch on the terrace. It is Marinated Feta, Mushroom Afelia, Fasoulia (yesterdays bean salad, Tomato salad and Grilled Peppers, the latter is a cheat as I buy jars of peppers.
I was looking at the basil, it is going over as it is too hot for the plants here, so will make pesto tomorrow. I make the version that includes a handful of green beans and a couple of small potatoes in the dish.
Meanwhile I shall a G&T whilst waiting for the shade to come round :cocktail:

Moira :cocktail:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Seatallan » June 10th, 2018, 11:32 am

Morning Wildies :wave:

Lovely rose Zosh and congratulations on your weight loss! :luv:

Sue, yes- we're seeing the same. Thankfully, we're not in a position where we're under any pressure to move quickly so we can (hopefully) ride it out.

Have a fantastic and laid-back Sunday everyone :hug: :D
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » June 10th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Good afternoon all :hug:

We felt the earthquake last night! :o I would describe it as having Chester at the foot of the bed giving himself a good old shake (he loved doing that at any time of the night) and Barney being downstairs crashing into things.

Still trying to catch up with my washing from my hols. Also trying to sort out clothes so the winter ones can be vac packed and put up in the top cupboard.

:D :D
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 10th, 2018, 2:35 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:
Busy day with our friends . It is really quite hot but not very sunny which makes it quite humid. We went up to one of our favourite restaurants in one of our favourite villages and had a delightful lunch. Gorgeous rabbit rilettes :chops: then a supreme of chicken with stir fried bean sprouts and crispy potatoes. Dessert was a white peach gazpacho with strawberries and a peach sorbet.

We wondered why everyone was leaving quite early, then realised it was nearly time for the tennis so we followed after coffee and have the second set on now though I suspect it may be a forgone conclusion.

Our guests leave tomorrow but thankfully at a civilized hour so i'll be back chattering soon.

Mr R has just told us it made 30C today, first time this year.
Ratatouille
Registered

Next

Return to The Coffee Shop