Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby Zosherooney » June 10th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Blimmin' hot here too, when the sun is out, I can feel it searing my skin.....

Sounds like a nice lunch Rats.

Thanks Sea, I do feel different.....

We have just lunched on the patio but have come indoors now and am comfortable in the shade. Cats are lazing indoors too, I think they relax better and are not listening out for dangers....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » June 10th, 2018, 3:27 pm

i am back from a birthday lunch that i'd totally forgotten about. we were texted about it while we were away and i forgot to put it in the diary. i was texted again today!
it was held for the friend at her daughter's house, near us, which is a beautifully done old barn conversion with beautifully done gardens.
they also have a very posh bathroom.
scullion
Registered

Postby patpoyntz » June 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm

We are just back home exhausted from our stint as support for 3 young family members, who completed the Cateran yomp for ABF, the soldiers charity. They did 54 miles, off road, over the Perthshire hills, in 21 hours, the last 12 miles or so in darkness. These are young lads working in office jobs in London, so especially hard for them.
We were very impressed with the amazing organisation, from parking arrangements, to podiatrists and massages at each checkpoint, and excellent food for 1000 participants...including many soldiers from USA and Denmark and some Gurkhas...as well as their support teams. We mainly looked after clean and dry clothes and especially socks, and gave chocolate and drinks and encouragement. I have to say that this morning seeing people staggering about, it was like watching a Zombir movie!
patpoyntz
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 10th, 2018, 5:35 pm

Welldone Pat and the walkers
Back froma history walk (more of a 5km potter really) looking at the garden squares of Bloomsbury. We then had a light lunch at the Wellcome museum. It's the last of this series :( , but our idea is that the next series shoukd be "London villages" :)

It's lovely here about 24 C with a touch of breeze. The trainee bassoonist over the road has been practising her scales, at least I assume it's a she, as far as I know that house is a female share

Slightly regret not going on the suffragette walk, but you can't do everything. Just noticed that this week's flowers, some scented stocks, are in the suffragetted colours :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 10th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Evening all,

I returned from a two hour walk at around 1pm, sweat running down my neck, horrible! Lovely to be indoors in the shade. I've eaten my chilli but still hungry! I think my body is switching from sitting around eating little, to moving around a lot and wanting to eat more. Food isn't touching the sides! Still very warm here. I think Soccer Aid is on the cards until bed beckons.

:grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Busybee » June 10th, 2018, 6:53 pm

I have been manning our WI cake stall at a local fare. We had a good day and sold out, making £250 profit, which may not sound like a lot but to a small WI (less than 20 members) it’s a very successful afternoon.

We ‘ do ‘ this local fare every year and have always been the only cake stall, so it was an but off putting to see that the organisers had accepted two other commercial cake/bakers in this year. However, I think we were quite a bit cheaper than the commercial stalls. I noted that practically everyone seemed to have a dog in tow, I have suggested that we bake dog treats next year in addition to human cakes.............could be on to a winner!

BB

Edited to add, after baking most of Friday and yesterday, and even getting up early to bake scones I am shattered, an early night beckons.
Busybee
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 11th, 2018, 5:22 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, cooler here, there is a nice breeze.
BB, I suspect that most people would prefer to support the WI.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 11th, 2018, 6:28 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Long live the WI cake stall :kneel:
It's a lovely morning ... a real Simpson Sky 8-)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 11th, 2018, 6:41 am

Morning all,

Another hot one here. The only thing waking me up this morning was the sun coming through the window hitting me in my sleepy face. I must get those curtains up soon! A trip out with mum today, not sure where, plus somebody collecting some items I have on Freecycle. Unlike yesterday I will make sure I dress according to the weather.

Have fun!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 11th, 2018, 7:07 am

Good morning wild ones. Another scorcher again today. We hit 30C yesterday, it was a very uncomfortable night, very humid. Not a lot to do today, so I will just be pottering around. :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 11th, 2018, 7:40 am

Not hot here ... about 14C at the moment and not expected to get above 18C ... it'll have to do ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 11th, 2018, 7:48 am

Hot here today too .. however, this won't stop me doing my normal Zumba class this morning … then lunch at the Dog's Trust café … which reminds me that I forgot to mention that Lucy went to her forever home last Tuesday.... not as traumatic as I thought and tomorrow my next foster dog arrives … a White westie called Gizmo ( :( :scared: ) Not sure how the DT have 'acquired' him, but I do know he has a bad skin condition, he is 'hand shy' ( :cry: ) has been kept in a small kitchen and his owners were 'heavy handed' with him !!! I think I might have my work cut out there.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 11th, 2018, 7:53 am

Morning all :wave:.

Well done to the walkers patypoyntz.

Great result from the cake stall BB. Nothing beats a WI stall and most discerning people know that :). I like it when there are treats like sausage rolls on offer, they are always delicious.

Have woken to a glorious day. It was quite a surprise yesterday as the sun appeared just after lunch and so GD's birthday party was held in the garden very successfully. It was a lovely afternoon and they were able to show off new landscaping at the top of the garden which is now a lovely play area.

Washing is already out and I'm lazing a bit as I'm doing a night shift tonight. I think there's no excuse not to paint my outdoor window sills later (i think there's some leftover paint in the shed, hope it is still useable).
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 11th, 2018, 8:35 am

Oh Pat! How exciting for you and new temp pooch! :bounce: I am excited for you both! I hope it all goes very well. Looking forward to the photos which I am sure will happen! :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 11th, 2018, 9:07 am

Oh Pat! Good luck. If anyone can show him love I'm sure you will.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 11th, 2018, 9:14 am

Morning everyone :wave:
Our friends have just left for the station. Apart from looking older like us all they haven't changed a bit. He is completely to bonkers and looks like a mad professor very tall and gangly complete with wild hair. he is in fact a wonderful man having worked for many charities from the Amazon to Rowanda and has been honoured for his work.She is much more down to earth and has, almost single handedly raised a family of 3 Brazilian orphans and their own child including one who is severly handicapped. We had a lot of fun looking at some of our photos from the early days when he really was the wild one in the group.

Well done all charity eventers. Of course the WI will always win on cakes.

We had a downpour in the middle of the night but the sun is now out and it is a lot cooler.
Good luck with the new pooch Pat. I like Westies so looking forward to seeing his picture.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 11th, 2018, 9:52 am

Hello Wildies. :wave:

Well done everyone with dogs and cakes
Going to get on asI seem to have lost an hour somewhere already, see you later!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 11th, 2018, 10:31 am

Oh dear ... don't want to insult our US friends ... some of my best friends live in the USA ... but I saw these and didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Trump G7 1.jpg

Trump G7 2.jpg
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » June 11th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Saw the second one on FB but not the first... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 11th, 2018, 12:12 pm

It realy sums it all up Suffs.

We were talking about it last evening and were torn between running for the hills hoping He (Trump) will get his come-upance - and soon.

Just got the washing hung up when down came thr rain again. It is really black to the North.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 11th, 2018, 12:16 pm

It does seem rather as if we're jumping out of the frying pan into the fire :rolleyes:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 11th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Fab weather today, Mr. Z. has sorted the wood stack into what he can handle and what needs Patricks chainsaw's attention. It will make it easier for Patrick to cost when he can see the size of the pile needing his attention. I was not allowed to partake in the sorting..... So I brought the hanging baskets of tommy's out and sorted them out and hung them in their final places for the rest of the summer.

The panels for the shower sides arrived together with the adhesive, it is very sparkly in the sunshine just like bright sun on snowflakes. A different chippie has been here today, more fat on a butchers sausage ! Does not drink hot drinks, eats barely anything....

We had lunch on the patio then two games of Tridominoes (which I won for a change) and then had to come in out of the sun - too blimmin' hot ! Mr. Z has retired to the swingy seat with Ben Elton. Slow cooker is on with stock happening inside. Solar panels will produce loads today !!! Cat's finding it a bit too warm and they can't take their fur coats off.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 11th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Good evening
Walked down to Dalston, had a nose round a few shops and Dalston Curve Garden, had lunch at Arancini Brothers, and bought a few bits to fill in the gaps on the roof terrace, had exactly the right amount of compost when I came to pot everything up used the last sprinkle on my Thai basil seeds

Got everything I wanted in the shops, very rare - and the eye cream I was specifically looking for was half price on offer!

Have a good evening everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 11th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Evening all.

I'm indoors, away from that blazing sun until bed. I've not enjoyed this heat today.

I found a good home for my unwanted clothes rail this morning courtesy of Freecycle to a very pleasant lady who wanted it for her spare room for when her grandchildren stop over. I some how forgot to eat and before I knew it my mum called by unannounced, we ended up popping out for coffee then she dropped me at the park so that I could pick up a few items of shopping and get some exercise walking home. Glad I didn't walk there and back, far too hot for me! Although I carry a water bottle with me everywhere I forgot to take nibbles, usually fruit and a cereal bar in case, so I was starving when I got home. Not good as I shoved a packet of Doritos down without considering the diet!

Which reminds me, my GP referred me to a service offered around here for people like me who are interested in keeping fit and sticking to a healthy diet, mainly (in my case) to feel happy and healthy but also to lose a bit of weight which usually happens for me automatically as long as I am active. They phoned me this morning. They offer a twelve week out of town session, two hours a week, in a group discussion, weigh in, one to one with a dietician, motivation to stick to it, you have a weight loss target, that sort of thing. For a start, nobody is ever going to get me on scales. Secondly, this is going to be a four hour round trip on the bus, I bus fare I'm not budgeting for, two hours sitting there feeling guilty if I haven't lost weight, I cannot see the point as I have the motivation, I can spend that time each day brisk walking. They are going to send me the gubbins in the post but I really don't think think this is going to be for me. We'll see.

I've been marinating chicken pieces in a mix of Greek yoghurt and curry paste and just about to reluctantly stick them in the oven. Then it's TV all the way. Some stuff that interests me on tonight until bedtime! Very rare. :grin:

So have a good evening everyone!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Amber » June 11th, 2018, 10:00 pm

Safely back home after our Baltic/Scandinavian tour. The weather wasn’t quite what we expected....high twenties to thirties every day :o :D :D . The sun kept following us around from country to country ;) :D . Even today, driving up the A1 it was 26C :D :D - probably the coolest day of our holidays ;) :D . We did three and a half thousand miles, four countries in a day, and once, three countries in three hours :o :D :D . Great fun.

But on a more serious note, if anyone is thinking about doing similar, may I recommend you get a Maestro credit card before you go. In certain areas, mainly parts of Germany, Denmark and Holland, and especially automatic machines, none of our six Visa or Mastercards were acceptable :o ! It was very interesting trying to pay hotel bills!
Amber
Registered

Postby aero280 » June 11th, 2018, 10:33 pm

We had no trouble at all using Visa & Mastercard around Europe last week. France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg, Switzerland. Including the (very!) large and unexpected Visa bill for the car repair...

Before you set out, did you tell your card issuer where you were going to be, and when?
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby StokeySue » June 11th, 2018, 11:18 pm

Maestro is a subsidiary of MasterCard, and I thought they only did debit cards, not credit cards?
Haven't had one since NatWest changed their main debit card from Maestro to Visa

I've used my Visa debit card, Visa Platinum or MasterCard credit cards all over the place, including in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Hungary and Portugal in the last few years

There used to be a big problem with using any UK card with a PIN in some French supermarkets and always at those horrible French self-service petrol pumps but I thought that had been ironed out long ago; in fact Maestro was the one I had most trouble with as it would only work with a PIN but the credit cards could be used by signing
Hope the problem hasn't re-energed as you can't sign for any of them now in most places
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby aero280 » June 11th, 2018, 11:50 pm

Don't forget that the whole Visa network had some serious problems for a few days last week. We had a lot of trouble with Visa credit cards and debit cards the day after we got home.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby cyprusmoira » June 12th, 2018, 5:08 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, a bit cloudy and cool here, some thunder rumbles in the early morning but no rain.
Tezza, it might be worth going to those exercise/ diet sessions if there is a dietician in attendance, she can give you advice about a suitable diet for your osteopenia. But I do understand about your reluctance with the long bus journey, not everyone drives or has access to a car.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » June 12th, 2018, 7:07 am

Good morning wild ones. Thankfully it is cooler and fresher this morning and I had a good nights sleep. :D Rain is not forecast so I will be out shortly watering the plants and I might fill the empty water butts whilst we can still use a hosepipe. :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » June 12th, 2018, 7:37 am

Morning everyone :wave:
I had just gone to bed last night when, with a loud crash the power was wiped out again by another storm. It is getting quite silly and the sole topic of converstion for the locals. We are promised more of the same this afternoon. I might have to use my flat irons because I absolutely must get some ironing done.

Glad you had a good holiday Amber. When we last visited DD in Germany we could get money out of the hole in the wall but many shops, restaurants and hotels wouldn't accept credit cards in payment. It was cash or cheque only. It is my understanding that in Denmark they loathe cash and only accept payments with a card or a smart phone - too advanced for me and our Danish friend who is still struggling with his phone a year after he got it. I managed contactless in London after a few false starts!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 12th, 2018, 8:23 am

I am having a mug of coffee before embarking on the ironing, I did a load of washing first thing this morning.
Mentioning storms, at least one flight had a difficult landing last night. The pilot had abort the first attempt to land and go around again, the sort of event to put you off flying :scared:

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby liketocook » June 12th, 2018, 8:30 am

Good morning everyone :wave:
I've been awol due to having my kids home and some glorious weather which we made the most of so I've hardly been online for over a week :D .
My son & I treated ourselves to lunch here https://www.lochgreenhouse.com/ last Tuesday. The hotel is in a beautiful setting, the sun was shining and the food was excellent so a win-win all round. I had ham terrine followed by halibut and for pud I had rhubarb four ways. I enjoyed every single mouthful :D . On Sunday we had a big family bbq grilling a butterflied leg of lamb, a spatchcocked chicken and pork souvlaki. We did have lots of salads etc. with it but still a bit of a meat fest! There wasn't much left afterwards either :) . Last night I popped the lamb bone and trimmings in the slow cooker with pot veg so I got up to a lovely smell this morning.
The weather is definitely breaking though, yesterday was much cooler and we are due rain by the end of the week. I've still lots to do in the garden so hope to get on with that later. The kids sorted out my front bed for me so it's looking much tidier and what still needs doing I can manage.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Amber » June 12th, 2018, 8:52 am

Visa and MasterCard were generally accepted in big establishments, but things like parking meters which used to take MasterCard had the MasterCard sign scratched out and were cash or maestro only. The small local train line had no option to pay for tickets using anything other than maestro. Fortunately the very understanding guard let us travel one way for free on the understanding we’d then buy a return ticket when we got to our destination (Zwolle). The only problem then, was that we couldn’t get off the platform without a ticket, so that we could go and buy a ticket :? :lol: .

And yes Rats, Germany is very much a ‘cash’ country, whereas Sweden is very much a ‘card’ country.

Sorry, I can’t ind the original post, but was it Sue who posted about a caterpillar infestation? Have you seen this?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-y ... e-44437169
Amber
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 12th, 2018, 9:06 am

Morning all!

My belly rumbled reading that last post ltc! It was the slow cooker smells bit that got me! :grin:

Thanks for your comment about my osteopenia Moira. I'll bear this in mind when the information pack comes through, although my diet is being closely monitored by my GP and hospital. Need to weigh it all up before I go ahead with anything that might clash with things already in place.

I was woken at 9am by a noisy Warburton's lorry reversing right outside my bedroom window. That got me thinking about bread and breakfast! :lol: It's nice and cool and cloudy here so my walk will be a much more comfortable experience than it was yesterday. I thought I would check my mobile bill last night. Well over the expected amount, so I got straight on to them first thing to be told in one breath that there were late payment charges (???????!!!!!!!!) then in the next breath that I am a valued customer, then in a third breath that I always pay on time, in fact quite often I am in credit, and fourth breath they cannot remove these charges. :?: :?: :?: So in my next breath 'I am now going to take my custom to another provider' and hey presto! Charges gone! :grin:

So that was an unnecessary start to the day! I think I'll stock up on breakfast then go and see what's happening out there in the world.

Have fun all!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 12th, 2018, 9:29 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Much changing of plans going on here as MIL has requested our help this coming weekend ... she wants to clear out the shed on the end of the house (large and mainly full of rubbish but with some 'good stuff' too - the shed that is, not the house) ... a builder is coming to convert it into a 'garden/sun room sort of a thing). He has a time slot available immediately (not always a good thing but this chap is known to her and the neighbours and has done very good work for them). OH has suggested that she organises a skip and lets us know when it's arriving ...
Last edited by suffolk on June 12th, 2018, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 12th, 2018, 9:35 am

Ah, I see the point about Maestro, haven't come across that in Berlin, but like any capital city they take anything and everything, and small things I pay cash, the U bahn and S Bahn (train) and tram / bus machines take cash in fact last time I was at Tegel airport there was a 20 minute queue to buy tickets for the bus, but I could see a cash ticket dispenser on the bus stop so I walked past it; the queue was mainly Germans
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 12th, 2018, 9:39 am

Just after my last post I mentioned to Deb that the sky to the East was looking very dark, then the thunder rumbled, we have since had a little rain.

I decided to check the beach earlier this morning, I have not been down there for a couple of weeks. Early last month I reported that a small portacabin had appeared on the beach and wondered if it was anything to do with Turtle Watch. It isn't, it is a sunbed/ parasol concession, you have always been able to rent sunbeds at the beach cafes but this is new, the shade is provided by rigid straw covered parasols not the potable sunshades. I had to laugh as most of the sunbeds were actually sitting in water, there must have large waves last night.
I foresee problems, that area of the beach is traditionally used by people bringing their own chairs, sunbeds etc. There are going to be some loud Cypriot rows :o

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 12th, 2018, 12:35 pm

Anyone else done this - it's not my first time

I bought a very nice print skirt, and fortunately also the matching top

Thought I'd get a couple of plain cotton tops that would go with it, Can I find anything that matches? Can I? White obviously, but I'd like to have more interesting colours, I have found one but it's silk mix and rather more than I wanted to pay
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » June 12th, 2018, 1:10 pm

We have just had a noisy thunderstorm, it is still rumpling in the distance, we lost power and of course Wi Fi, on the other hand Deb does not have to water the garden.
I am concerned about Effie, flying back from Crete, it is such a relatively short distance so they will not have flown very high. I bet that it was bumpy, that is the sort of journey that puts people off flying.

Moira.
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Badger's mate » June 12th, 2018, 1:10 pm

We usually take cash and prepaid travel cards on our travels, not really had a problem, except once trying to get an Argentine bank to give us pesos in exchange for US dollars on a prepaid card. A recent trip to the low countries was the first time we had ever encountered card only establishments, one in Belgium and one in Holland. I'm still slightly struggling with the concept of not being able to pay with money :o
Badger's mate
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » June 12th, 2018, 3:46 pm

I spotted a heated towel rail on Gumtree but is was water and not tricity so ended up in Screwfix to see what they had to offer. Will order them in the next few days. Shower tray went down today with the necessary holes being drilled out, loo will be in situ soon same as the new diddy sink - it's all quite bijoux !

Lunch was out at a local pub we have not been to for a long time. I cheffed in the kitchen a few years back. Food was good - a pensioners lunch - 2 courses for £11 - not bad. I had whitebait and thai fishcakes and chips for main. He had prawn (loads!) cocktail and fish goujons (great sized pieces) of cod and skinny chips and peas. Don't think we will manage much supper later.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 12th, 2018, 5:20 pm

Early evening all!

I managed a two hour walk in misty rain this morning, very refreshing! I had a snooze in front of £100k Drop until my mum phoned which woke me. The sky has been black here all day and the trees are swaying in the breeze. Very pleasant and it's made me want to have a hot meal, so pie, Jersey Royals and veg are on the go.

On the back of Patsy's recent dog fostering experiences I have been looking at the Dog's Trust website to see if I could do anything to help them. They do something caller Freedom Project. This assists folk trying to leave domestic abuse situations but who do not want to leave their dogs behind. I'd dropped them an email and received a lovely reply today. The project has not reached Bedfordshire yet. This will happen in 2019. My aim is to have a job by then! Oh well.

Dog Rescuers new series starts tonight. I should have dinner and washing up out of the way by then. Good timing!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » June 12th, 2018, 7:23 pm

On the subject of fostering here are some pics of Gizmo .. the latest dog that will get my full attention until he is comfortable in his skin. At the moment he has a horrible skin condition .. in the photos, where it looks like black fur is in fact his inflamed, bald skin !!! He is fast making himself at home though. Not sure that he is talking to me at the moment as I have given in and he has had the first of 4 daily baths in special anti-allergy shampoo … Now he is sitting looking at me with large black pitiful eyes. I think he is after some more food. Apparently the only medication he had with the previous owners was steroids which of course give you an appetite I understand (never having had them myself :o )
Attachments
giz4.jpg
getting up close and comfortable
giz3.jpg
already found her bed, freshly washed in hypoallergenic washing powder
giz2.jpg
watching tv
giz1.jpg
good view of her bad skin !
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » June 12th, 2018, 7:34 pm

She looks a sweetie
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby StokeySue » June 12th, 2018, 7:38 pm

:wave: Hello Gizmo, cutie :luv:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby liketocook » June 12th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Ah Patsy he looks like a right character :D :luv:
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » June 12th, 2018, 9:16 pm

How cute is Gizmo? :luv: He looks like he has made himself at home already! I suspect he can sense safety and positive vibes. A lucky pooch!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » June 12th, 2018, 9:42 pm

What a poppet :luv:

Hope his skin settles soon. Must be so uncomfortable for him.

I need my beauty sleep, so night night all ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » June 12th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Another sweet looking dog Pat! I hope something can be done for his skin. I wonder if, like with humans, that diet can sometimes play a part in helping skin conditions.

Funny day, did a night shift last night so came home and had a sleep, got up for an upper body fitness class, came home to watch a missed programme whilst having a late lunch and fell asleep almost until the body stretch class later. I was cleaning the kitchen at 10pm and am wide awake now ... maybe a warm drink and a book will lull me to sleep. I don't want to waste tomorrow :rolleyes:

edited to add commiserations to Sue re finding the right coloured top. I always decide my seasonal colours are going to be something fairly normal that the shops dictate they will not be seen dead with that year. This year the quest for a pair of pale cream summer trousers was unsuccessful ... :rolleyes: .
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop