Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby uschi » August 3rd, 2018, 1:16 pm

WWordsworth wrote:
By the way - why is it impossible to buy shorts in summer?
I have just returned from a few fruitless hours in the city centre.

I seem to remember I struggled to buy a swimsuit in August a few years ago.
There were loads to be had today, but no shorts.

I had the same problems. I wanted shorts (not hotpants) and those not out of a thick jeans-type fabric, but something lighter. I was lucky to get one pair and yesterday I got another. OK, it's hot pink, but what the Heck.

Same with Jersey shorts for the home. I had to resort to buying summer PJ's. Luckily C&A's came to the rescue, with each set marked down to 5 €. I now own a navy pair, a dark dove blue pair and a grey pair from Zeeman's. :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:
uschi
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 3rd, 2018, 1:35 pm

One of the older members of our Mah Jong group went to the UK last week, one of the items on her shopping list was cotton shorts and tops. The general reaction was that she would be lucky to find any, especially after the hot weather.

Mentioning older people, Deb who only became pensionable this year had one of those letters asking her to prove that she was still alive. Luckily Nektaria in the Village Office is used to dealing with those forms, she has the appropriate official stamps. There was a British man in the office paying his water bill, he is an accountant so has his own stamp, he reckons that he completes his British neighbours forms for them as no one checks the stamps.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 3rd, 2018, 2:10 pm

WW have you tried looking at Land's End for shorts?

https://www.landsend.co.uk/
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby jrc » August 3rd, 2018, 2:35 pm

suffolk wrote:Good morning all :D :mug:

earthmaiden wrote:
jrc wrote:Hello. :D I am waiting for a man. :lol:

Anyone in particular or will anything do? :lol: :lol:
and what do you intend to to with one when you get one ... or don't we want to know :shock:

EM I think yarn applies to any spun thread ... certainly it's an old word https://www.etymonline.com/word/yarn, but yes, you're right, the yarn I'm using is pure Merino wool very silky smooth and is knitting up beautifully with each stitch beautifully defined :D

He cut me off in my prime. :shock: Well just the electric and internet. :rolleyes:

We have bitten the bullet and had proper air con installed. :D
It will probably rain for the next three months now. We had a mobile unit where we lived before but because of different windows we were unable to vent it here.

The way we figured it would cost less than a decent holiday and we would have it for a lot longer. As we don’t go away whatsoever because of moo we felt we could justify the cost.

I am now sat here in a thick fleece with my teeth chattering just because I can. :terrified: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by jrc on August 3rd, 2018, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jrc
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 3rd, 2018, 3:06 pm

My shorts are Land's End (and ancient)
Funnily enough TK Maxx are often quite good for things like that, as they don't seem to have the same idea that you must buy all your outfits pre-season

Been out
Come back - the pharmacist confimrs that tthe lurgy is widespread, an da few peopel have been quite bad with it, including his wife, the other pharmacist
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Busybee » August 3rd, 2018, 3:26 pm

I think the lurgy has travelled north on his holidays. Been up all night which I put down to a very late night ( we went to see Shakespear Globe Pop Up theatre in York) it was also incredibly hot - the performance had to be stopped for an ambulance to retrieve the lady who passed out. But I feel worse now, stomach decidedly delicate and a bit wobbly.

I think that if I get very hot for a prolonged period it makes me physically sick.

I think I’m off for a bit of a lie down.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 3rd, 2018, 6:42 pm

How lovely jrc!

Sorry to hear about all the lurgies :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Amber » August 3rd, 2018, 9:07 pm

I too have a lurgy. If it hasn’t been solved by the third GP visit it’s off to the hospital (dermatologist) for me. It almost seems like a waste of nhs time. :(
Amber
Registered

Postby Amber » August 3rd, 2018, 9:12 pm

And to help Rats cope (sorry, I tried to quote but something went wrong), I had a Majestic ad today for pink Provençal gin. Perhaps you ‘need’ to test a bottle. ;) :D
Amber
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 4th, 2018, 6:16 am

Good Morning wild Ones, a bit late this morning, internet problems. It went off without warning last night, it came back but seems to have upset the laptop.
Hot again, many of the local villages have events in August, usually with singers or a small groups. Something was being set up when we drove through Sotira yesterday, the old school house is used as a community centre, there was a group of young men putting out the white plastic chairs and setting up the trestle tables. The Souni Zanajda event will be next month, I wonder if it will coincide with by Brother and SIL's visit?

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 4th, 2018, 7:00 am

Good morning wild ones. :hug: :hug: :hug: for those with lurgy, I hope you are all better soon, the hot weather doesn't help does it. JRC I have been dropping hints about air con to no avail :rolleyes: we will have to stick with fans for the foreseeable ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 4th, 2018, 7:29 am

Morning all! I'm at the walk in clinic and the nurse says I am not very well. That's what I thought too so am glad we're in agreement. Waiting to see doc who may prescribe antibiotics. This is a new walk in centre but already two seats are broken. So sad, everyone is so nice.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby jrc » August 4th, 2018, 7:42 am

Morning all :hug:

Big :hug: to those who need them.
Nothing particular on today’s agenda. Just pottering about keeping cool and a bit of shopping later. Had a radical haircut the other day. First in four years. Very pleased with it. :D
jrc
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 4th, 2018, 8:14 am

Hello again, just come in for :mug: It's a bit overcast at the moment but very humid and 26C not really weeding weather, but it has to be done. :(
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 4th, 2018, 8:26 am

Quite hot and sunny here. Having been told to take it easy I am now hanging about in Tesco waiting for a prescription and have to go back to the centre tomorrow. it's lucky I've got a car or it would be very difficult. Can't wait to get home. Had a big surprise, had forgotten over 60's don't pay for prescriptions. I don't see why people who are in full time work and earn enough shouldn't pay really.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 4th, 2018, 8:28 am

Good morning all :D :mug: Get well soon to the poorly ones :hug: :wave: Radical haircuts are always good 8-)

It's a slightly cooler morning ... we're travelling down to Suffolk to see an exhibition and do a bit of shopping in a lovely little market town ... think we'll have the top down 8-)
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 4th, 2018, 9:21 am

Good morning everyone
:hug: :hug: to all the poorlies, hope the meds help EM :hug: :hug:
Gloomy, much cooler but dry here this morning. Hopefully the rain will stay off as I want to get some more dead heading done. After the weeks of heat and then the wind and rain a lot of my flowers are looking a bit past there best. My autumn pansies should arrive next week but it will be another month or so before they will be big enough to plant out so I'm hoping to keep the summer flowers going for a bit yet.
liketocook
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 4th, 2018, 9:42 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Mr R nobly tackled the market solo this morning while I stayed here and did the morning jobs. Now at 11.30 shutter closed, fans going full blast and cooling liquids stcked in fridge. Even the cat is feeling it but has found that lying on the tiled floor in front of a fan is very pleasant - better than wanting to sit on a lap anyway!

Amber I think I will have to try Provencal pink gin - but how

Suffs I had to smile when you said you would probably put the car roof down. There are a lot of very smart open top cars around these parts every summer. Mr R saw one only yesterday - fierce sun and temperatures pushing 40C in the mid afternoon. They stopped at our road end to put the lid up and possibly put on the aircon. I am envious on a lovely spring morning - but at this time of year, here??????
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 4th, 2018, 10:13 am

I was browsing the BBC Good Food site and saw a heading, Nine New Ways with Halloumi. Living in Halloumi Central I thought great. Nothing new there at all, I had already "invented" Halloumi with Pomegranate Molasses, great chunks of Halloumi wrapped in filo pastry are not nice. Very disappointing
Poppi, next door has regular Halloumi and Anari deliveries, The only problem is that the delivery man sits in his car and hoots until she comes out, the hooting drives Pug to distraction .

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 4th, 2018, 11:23 am

Good afternoon
Did the hot weather thing of taking hours to go to sleep then waking at 11 am
Hot again here but some cloud

Sorry you have hhttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.the ... -beckettad to go to the drop in centre earthmaiden, hope the medication helps

Again I feel much less poorly, no headache, no aching muscles but still a bit grumbly inside so eating caredfully

Like the sound of the Mistral de Provence gin, and it gets a reassuringly good review from Fiona (eta Beckett, a little over-familiar )

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jun/15/gin-fiona-beckett
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 4th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Have had a lovely siesta, I needed to ,it is even hotter this afternoon. Storms are forecast but there isn't a cloud in the sky.

I'm just offf to have a shower and make myself beautiful for tonight's meal out with friends.
See you all tomorrow. Stay cool.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Our elderly car's air con has died and to repair it would cost more than the car is worth - fortunately the fan and heater still work ... driving in this weather with the top down is fine as long as I have a sun hat or elegantly draped scarf a la Grace Kelly and OH smearing sunscreen on the back of my neck :lol: 8-)

We had a lovely visit down south ... saw some good paintings and prints including work by a former tutor of mine ... it was a group show by former students of the Royal Academy School ... had a lovely lunch here http://www.deargenteins.co.uk/ , a bit of shopping at the proper ironmongers (you can buy individual screws not in packets) and the bakery and at one of the two very fine butchers ... a wander around the back streets and a pint/cold drink at The Angel ... a lovely day made even better by bumping into some old friends and having a bit of a catch up :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 4th, 2018, 6:58 pm

We were sacked by our builder yesterday.......... ! :o For the last 3 weeks he has been making negative noises and not giving us a start date for phase II. He has made some ridiculous statements - totally untrue, Mr. Z. calls him weird..... So I was very upset and said I could not discuss it with him and put the phone down and had a cry. An e-mail was received by us confirming that he will finish phase one but not be doing phase II. I think we were the easiest job to pack in, he has lost staff and has staff on holiday and I think he is inundated with clients giving him grief. I could not have been more honest with him on the monetary front, not wanting to lead him up the garden path then say your funding was not in place, we re-arranged funds to allow the project to continue then he drops this bombshell. Mr. Z. has not been happy with him from early on. He does say some strange things but the workmanship has been great from his chaps. Today, I am feeling OK with the situation, feeling that it might be better to find another builder as previous one was too volatile to deal with. On one occasion he said he had not learnt to read and write until he was 25...... E-mails were in pigeon English with no grammar to speak of.

So I have spent today stripping and repainting the huge door hinges we are re-using on the new garage doors and trying to think positive. I have also been researching new builders to 'interview'. We will be seeing 2 of them next week :tu:

The painter turned up this avo to collect bits and bobs and I had a long chat with him and he has given me some contact details of a chap he knows, suggesting that I project manage the upcoming phase, not sure about that but possibly with some guidance.

Mr. Z is still at work and not expecting to be home until 10 ish tonight.... He will be resting big time tomorrow !

Rats, Scrumpy has this summer, discovered the fan at the end of my side of the bed and lies full stretch very close to it.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 4th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Evening all,

:hug: to anyone feeling a bit under the weather today and get well soon.

I was up early this morning for my dad who was picking me up to drive to my home town for a birthday meal with family. Seven of us ate at a Brewer's Fayre. One was the new girlfriend of one of my cousins. We had lots in common and it was really nice meeting and chatting to her. Meals eaten were mixed grills, fish and chips, HUGE burgers, smothered chicken and I had a burrito salad bowl which was down as a lighter option and was adequate, although was lacking in the promise of mozzarella. Various puds were had by all. I went for the black forest sundae which came out first. All was going swimmingly until everyone thought it would be brilliant to take photos of the birthday girl chomping on pud. Not my idea of funny at all. I had to border on being rude to get everyone to put their camera phones away before I would start eating, by which time it had started to melt. :rolleyes: Anyway, everyone enjoyed their food. :tu:

Staying over tonight and have just realised I have forgotten to bring my book. I'm sure I will be loaned a book of some kind to settle in to bed with. It's like a library in here!

Now we have The Hobbit until we get sleepy. I see my dad is already nodding in his armchair. :lol: I won't be far behind him.....zzzzz
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 4th, 2018, 9:02 pm

Tezza - have we missed your birthday? :scared:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » August 4th, 2018, 9:13 pm

I’m still in a field. If the bloody saxophonist continues playing (mediocrely) intill 04.45 in the morning, again, he may have to play his instrument via a different orifice!!
This is then followed by a woman who is going for the snoring decibel record a half an hour after the saxaphone finishes - this is through the van walls and earplugs..
I want to kill them both - I’m not very good on so little sleep!
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » August 4th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Happy birthday tezza, I hope it was a good one.
scullion
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 4th, 2018, 10:21 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Tezza - have we missed your birthday? :scared:

It has been my birthday today but I don't like a song and dance. :lol: I need to have words with my aunt who put in my card 'ooh, the big 50 next year'. She's a year out. :lol:

Has been a good day. Hope you get some good sleep scully. I doubt I will. The bedroom window of the guest room does not open and we're still at 27°......
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 4th, 2018, 10:39 pm

Ooh Tezza ... happy birthday!!! Hope you’ve really enjoyed yourself :wave: :hug: :D

Night night all ...
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » August 4th, 2018, 11:32 pm

suffolk wrote:Our elderly car's air con has died and to repair it would cost more than the car is worth - fortunately the fan and heater still work ...

This is standard main dealer speak. A car is a car. If it's not rusting away, the mechanics are always worth repairing!!. Unless you can afford a brand new car with a long warranty, you are throwing money away changing to another used car which could break down with the same fault in three month's time!!

There are many specialist around that can diagnose and fix aircon systems. If you got a quote from a main dealer you will probably be getting ripped off. They rarely have any in-house specialist and will sub-contract the technical bits and just fit new parts at main dealer prices. Find a local specialist!!

If your car is elderly, it shouldn't be going near a main dealer. Far too expensive!! And usually not really experts. :o
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby cyprusmoira » August 5th, 2018, 6:16 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, Tezza, you seem to be a victim of the fashion for photographing absolutely everything, with or without permission.

Suffs, if you can get your car to Cyprus there are two car aircon specialists in Episcopi :!:

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 5th, 2018, 7:06 am

Good morning wild ones. Belated happy birthday Tezza, I hope you had a lovely day :cocktail: :cocktail: It's a quiet day for me today, after all Sunday is a day of rest ;) It's overcast at the moment and we have a slight breeze which is very welcome.
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 5th, 2018, 7:08 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 5th, 2018, 7:16 am

Ah that’s better. I’ve been trying to post for over an hour. Now all is good. :D

The car doesn’t go to a main dealership Aero ... I’m not daft. ;) It goes to a Renault and Citroen specialist just down the road who is also a major UK supplier of secondhand parts for French cars. The air con system has been checked by an air con specialist. It has so many leaks a colander would be an improvement. Trust me it is not worth repairing. I do around five thousand miles a year. If the weather is such that I might use air con it is rarely unsuitable to have the top down which is, after all, one of the main reasons I bought the car. 8-). Absolutely no point in throwing money at an old car ... I have other things I can do with my cash. :D
Last edited by suffolk on August 5th, 2018, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby jrc » August 5th, 2018, 7:28 am

Moo is having a moan because we won’t let her at her paddling pool yet. She still won’t go in it but she likes retrieving her toys from it, even those under water. It is only a toddler pool so she can reach all parts without having to get her self in. :lol:

We won a mixed grill at the club the other week. Trouble is, it comes in a frozen block so it is all or nothing. :shock:

It contains two each of sausages, burgers, steak, pork chops, lamb chops, and kidneys. :D

We had the burgers for tea yesterday. It will be the sausages in hot dog rolls for a late breakfast. The rest will be divided between today’s tea and tomorrow. Probably with new potatoes and salad. :hungry:

As predicted now we have our air con the temperatures will be dropping significantly next week. :rolleyes: :lol:

Hope everyone has a lovely day. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 5th, 2018, 7:55 am

Morning all, cars can be a pain, my radio stops working periodically, it is a bonus when I go over a bump and it cuts in ! I am not going to get it fixed, the car will probably be gone by the end of the year and it only has 50K on the clock.

I have just watered n'bors pots, they are back today from a cruise in the Ukraine, my GH is watered, the level of ripe tomatoes are going up in numbers, I can see I shall have to get my big tomato cook book out soon.

Plod is coming up today for Mr. Z's signature on his statement for racial abuse against me, I am sure :evil: will see the jam sandwich parked in our drive.

I have a 2nd coat of paint to put on the giant door hinges. I have already swept and tidied the Hobbit garage, we can now start to decant stuff from our existing garage into it in readiness for phase II (when we get a builder on board, hopefully this week).

We have some admin to attend to, another POA needs to be attained for the Polish side of things.

BBQ later in the day, some lamb burgers, garlic bread and salad.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 5th, 2018, 8:05 am

Good morning everyone,
Belated Happy Birthday Tezza :cocktail: :cocktail:
I've been awake since silly o'clock so it now feels as though it should be nearly lunch time :rolleyes:
Dry & brightish here this morning though not terribly warm. I've brambles needing picked and will see what else in the veg patch is ready. Then it's back to dead heading and caterpillar squishing...... I'm definitely fighting a losing battle with the critters :x
liketocook
Registered

Postby aero280 » August 5th, 2018, 8:49 am

Ah! Fair enough. :j if your car is really old, then maybe it’s not worth spending money on. I’m getting my aircon repaired next week, along with a lot of other bits and my car is 12 years old now! :o

I do try and argue the point that the car itself and the cost of maintenance are two different things. The money spent on buying a car is something you can never get back, so I plan on keeping a car until it really won’t go anymore. When garages use the phrase “it’s going to cost more to repair than the car is worth”, they always forget to cost the risk of the replacement car needing an immediate repair.

I look at it this way. Which is more sensible? Spend £1500 on a car “worth” £1000 to give yourself another years motoring, or spend £3000 on a “new” car to do the same thing? And then find out that the “new” car has faults.

It also depends on whether you like your car and whether it does what you bought it for. :) :tu:
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Ratatouille » August 5th, 2018, 9:18 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Belated happy birthday fellow Leo!

We had a very late night night last night not made pleasant by a neighbour's very instrusive music and the smell of bbqing sardines not to mention the mozzie and wasp attacks. To add insult to injury the starter was salmon carpaccio rather thicklycut.The only raw things I can eat I can eat happily are oysters and sea urchins and poor Mr R hates most forms of salmon.
Fortunately the rest of the meal was more than edible.

Very busy today preparing for the family's arrival tomorrow. I do hope the tunnel is running smoothly today.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 5th, 2018, 9:40 am

Good morning
Apparently today and tomorrow are the last days of our heat wave, it was already less oppressive last night, I was sitting outside at about 8pm and it was a bit cool in a sleeveless top

Walked to the wetlands centre yesterday and have the bites to prove it. Nice lad tried to show me the cray fish he could see in the water, I couldn’t see it of course but we had a nice chat about Sivnal vs native crayfish

Spent a chunk of last night watching the online streaming of a match in the World Backgammon Championships in Monte Carlo, it’s a complicated tournament with a repercharge, so whoever won the match went into the final against Akiko (a woman, currently one of the very best players in the world) and the loser came third in the whole championship. My friend Lawrence lost and so came third :bounce:

Think I’ll walk down to Islington

Have a good day, and Happy Birthday Weekend Teresa!
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 5th, 2018, 9:58 am

Morning all! Just phoned in sick at work for the next 3 days which is quite a relief. I should be well and truly tired of daytime TV by then - and I haven't been looking at it all day long.

Happy Birthday Tezza and I'm pleased you had a nice meal out. The only good thing about modern photos is that you can demand they are deleted until one is taken that you like :lol:.
Hope you have a lovely day WW and that the traffic isn't as bad as some years.

Can't say I will be sorry if it cools down a bit. It seems very humid which is the real horror.

Rats - the evening sounds dire!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Cheezy_Jazzy » August 5th, 2018, 10:26 am

We have been to the local farmers market this morning, I had a 6oz steak burger for breakfast :D

I drove my car for the first time yesterday since my op, it was great to have a drive in it. I drove hubby's car on Tuesday as it is an automatic and would be easier to handle than mine.

I tried an experiment last night jaffa cake s'mores :chops: :luv: They were delicious.
ImageImageImageImage
Cheezy_Jazzy
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 5th, 2018, 10:38 am

The Watermelon & Feta Salad is chilling in the fridge, I checked various recipes on the net, some have very complicated seasoning. This one just has Olive Oil, chopped mint and parsley plus a couple of grinds of pepper and an entire slab of feta as it is our main course. Our local baker produces what he calls Mediterranean Rolls, a close relative of focaccia, they goes well together
I am cross with the Cyprus Mail, they have told their readers how to find Melanda Beach, how very dare they.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 5th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Belated Birthday Wishes Tezza :hug: :hug: :cocktail:

EM- glad you have a few days off. Don't go rushing back too soon will you?
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 5th, 2018, 1:52 pm

I forgot to update you all yesterday...… Gizzy Dog has potentially found his forever home :bounce: His new owners saw him on the Adoption website and drove up from Tewkesbury. :o They had previously had two little Westies, but one had died earlier this year and little Flora was pining without her mate. They (all) instantly fell in love with G and would like to take him home as soon as they can (Tuesday !) because he will be going with them to their holiday home in France :tu: :tu: :tu: They need 3 weeks to obtain his passport and get him the Rabies jabs. His initial introduction to Flora went well and went even better when they were let off the lead in a secure compound :luv: :hug: :hi5: Whilst I will be sad to see him go, I am also so pleased that his life will be transformed … I am so excited for him. :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 5th, 2018, 1:56 pm

How lovely Patsy ... and reassuring for you that he's found such a perfect home :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 5th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Afternoon everyone.

I'm home, phew! I had a very uncomfortable night in a bedroom where the windows don't open. I'm quite pleased to see that photos taken of me have not been plastered all over FB as I feared, just to me and my dad. I've deleted mine! My dad dropped me off in town and I had a cool walk around air conditioned Asda before their tills opened at 10am. Picked up jalapeno coleslaw and chocolate crackin' sauce for ice cream and a whole chicken for roasting, which I have done, £1.50 in Iceland. That will be meals over the next couple of days. I spent some of my Superdrug birthday vouchers on two boxes of hair colour and a mascara, then, not being able to find women's shorts anywhere, started checking out men's shorts (they're only for indoors) and a £3 pair of fetching bright red shorts in Peacocks went through the till at £1.50. I've been given a huge fruit cake, part of which I have put in the freezer in slices, carrot cake, birthday cake, a box of shortbread biscuits and non foodie Sudoku puzzle books and an external hard drive so that I can back my laptop up. Girl done good. :bounce:

My feet are up for a bit. I feel myself nodding......
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 5th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Have a restful afternoon Tezza ... you’re certainly not going to starve this week

Glad you had a lovely family birthday ... even with the photo thing :shock:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » August 5th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Went for a pint. They've got a cider festival on. Stopped for a couple of hours. It's made me talk funny.
Gruney
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » August 5th, 2018, 6:02 pm

Hmmm yes.
Cider does that to me too.
I find it blows my head off and tend to stick to beer.
WWordsworth
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop