Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 7th, 2018, 8:50 am

musselsandfries wrote:
For the flaggers in the heat, we have 36/37 forecast at 5pm.....I will be in a darkened room, under the bed or having a long cold bath !!

This is where my wet room has been coming in handy. Full pressure on cold. It almost doesn't touch the spot though. :rolleyes:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 7th, 2018, 9:08 am

Morning all! Seems quite fresh outside, not quite so much inside, the humidity hasn't escaped yet.

Pat - :hug: :hug:. It sounds as though doggie will be going to a very loving home, what a special part you have played in his life! Gosh, there'll be another new little friend to stay before you know it, you are a Doggie Fairy Godmother!

Rats - hope everyone arrived safely and that everyone is mucking in and having a lovely time.

jrc - one possibility would be to do a cheesecake type dessert which could be frozen and then set off to the party with it in frozen state, if kept in a cool bag it would take a while to thaw.

I think people like fruity/creamy in warm weather. I was thinking about an old retro favourite - Jelly Whip. There are lots of recipes online. You make a commercial jelly (which has usually never seen any fruit) whipped with chilled evaporated milk and it comes out as a mousse-like consistency. I think people would love the retro bit and the ingredients would be quite robust contained in a decorative glass bowl. You could take berries to offer with it for those who want them. Do you have a cool bag or box and some ice blocks? They should work pretty well in place of a fridge.

Another day of r& r. Yesterday I sent some emails which needed doing and went to Morrison's. Today's big task will be to vacuum the sitting room carpet :D. Definitely getting better, but slowly. I bought a sweet little Paw Patrol thermometer yesterday, it was all they had :rolleyes:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 7th, 2018, 9:10 am

jrc wrote:Sue, I am going through my cook books. Trying to avoid chocolate and cream ( will be kept in a hot kitchen ) and fruit. I like fruit but it doesn’t like me. :rolleyes:

Just a bit flummoxed. :lol:

Kheer ...... https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/indian ... gkhe_90219
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 9:22 am

Gruney wrote:Hats off to you Patsy - I couldn't bear that. :tu:

But he will have such a lovely life with his new (girl) friend and Mum & Dad .. .. I can't compete with that ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Gruney » August 7th, 2018, 9:52 am

Just a real quickie please - do I remember correctly that eggs used for cakes, pastry and specifically for my intention this evening - batters, should be at room temperature - not fridge?
Gruney
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 7th, 2018, 9:58 am

I always use eggs at room temperature ... I never keep eggs in the fridge :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 10:08 am

suffolk wrote:I always use eggs at room temperature ... I never keep eggs in the fridge :D

Me neither … they aren't kept chilled in the supermarkets . ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Gruney » August 7th, 2018, 10:54 am

Thanks both. I must say, I've only recently started keeping them in the fridge - and only because I noticed it was recommended to do that on the box. I'll revert to outside. Thanks again.
Gruney
Registered

Postby jrc » August 7th, 2018, 11:07 am

musselsandfries wrote:Hi jrc
re dessert, youcould just accept that 'it will melt' and take a cannister of pure and/or white chocolate sauce with some wooden skewers, marshmallows, fruit chunks,biscotti type things and something like the long pink finger biscuits; ( Oh and wet wipes :D )

For the flaggers in the heat, we have 36/37 forecast at 5pm.....I will be in a darkened room, under the bed or having a long cold bath !!
perfect, thank you, and a lot less work. :hug: :D

I’m feeling all smug as I have just brought all the business accounts bang up to date.

Rather alarmed at the new tax rules coming in 2020. :terrified:
jrc
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 7th, 2018, 11:12 am

Good afternoon everyone,
Patsy - while it's lovely Gizzy has found a permanent home, you must be sad seeing him go. Hope it's not too long until you get another wee pooch to nurture until they too can find their forever home :hug: :hug:
Dry and semi-sunny here today though much, much cooler. I'm going to put my duvet back on as I was chilly last night with just a duvet cover and light blanket.
I need to go a fight with a huge buddleia which has sprouted in the wet weather and is over hanging the pavement. I may be gone some time...... ;)
liketocook
Registered

Postby jrc » August 7th, 2018, 11:15 am

earthmaiden wrote:Morning all! Seems quite fresh outside, not quite so much inside, the humidity hasn't escaped yet.

Pat - :hug: :hug:. It sounds as though doggie will be going to a very loving home, what a special part you have played in his life! Gosh, there'll be another new little friend to stay before you know it, you are a Doggie Fairy Godmother!

Rats - hope everyone arrived safely and that everyone is mucking in and having a lovely time.now I am reading back I am all of a dither again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jrc - one possibility would be to do a cheesecake type dessert which could be frozen and then set off to the party with it in frozen state, if kept in a cool bag it would take a while to thaw.

I think people like fruity/creamy in warm weather. I was thinking about an old retro favourite - Jelly Whip. There are lots of recipes online. You make a commercial jelly (which has usually never seen any fruit) whipped with chilled evaporated milk and it comes out as a mousse-like consistency. I think people would love the retro bit and the ingredients would be quite robust contained in a decorative glass bowl. You could take berries to offer with it for those who want them. Do you have a cool bag or box and some ice blocks? They should work pretty well in place of a fridge.

Another day of r& r. Yesterday I sent some emails which needed doing and went to Morrison's. Today's big task will be to vacuum the sitting room carpet :D. Definitely getting better, but slowly. I bought a sweet little Paw Patrol thermometer yesterday, it was all they had :rolleyes:.
earthmaiden wrote:Morning all! Seems quite fresh outside, not quite so much inside, the humidity hasn't escaped yet.

Rats - hope everyone arrived safely and that everyone is mucking in and having a lovely time.

jrc
Registered

Postby jrc » August 7th, 2018, 11:17 am

Now you lot are repeating yourselves and I am back in a dessert dilemma. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jrc
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 11:28 am

liketocook wrote:Patsy - while it's lovely Gizzy has found a permanent home, you must be sad seeing him go. Hope it's not too long until you get another wee pooch to nurture until they too can find their forever home

I know, I know :cry: … I have already planned a shopping trip tomorrow then a meet with my ex beautician who is recovering from cancer treatment … I won't miss looking for and picking up his poo from the garden though ;)
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 11:30 am

jrc wrote:Now you lot are repeating yourselves and I am back in a dessert dilemma. :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the idea of making and freezing a cheesecake, then letting it slowly defrost in a cool bag. :tu: :chops:

jrc, you can delete your post if you look back ….
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » August 7th, 2018, 11:59 am

Actually I third the cheesecake idea just I couldnt face making one in this heat !! Hence the ' lazy ' idea :)

I dont always get chance to follow converstions on here but remember yellow water melon getting a mention. I personally find it the best melon of all, freshness of watermelon and sweetness of honeydew.

Due to dried and frazzled herb garden been adding other things to green salad leaves/watercress etc, a new favourite is mini romaine lettuce leaves, cold green beans & fresh peas, yellow watermelon and shredded fennel.

2pm and already 35, I am so glad am working at home as think I would be arrested if I went out in the amount of clothes I currently have/do not have on :rolleyes:
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 7th, 2018, 12:08 pm

musselsandfries wrote: ... think I would be arrested if I went out in the amount of clothes I currently have/do not have on :rolleyes:

So would my OH :shock: :lol: ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 7th, 2018, 1:17 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:
We finally made it to Tuesday afternoon. If yesterday morning was traumatic it had absolutely nothing on the rest of the day, up until this morning's early hours. So sorry if I go on a bit.

At 3.00pm family rang to say they had been stuck at a level crossing on the main road after the motorway apparently because of a power cut, a few minute later they said they were on their way again - about 15 minutes.
5 minutes later the skies went black and we hd some bangs and flashes very close by. !0 minutes later in torrential rrain they hurled themselves in via the cellar door and started to tell us what they had seen as they came to the top of the rise which looks down in the hish flat vallet where we live. At this point there was a simultaneous bright blue flash and not so much a bang as an atomic explosion, the entire hameau shook and everything went off.

For the next 2 hours it kept going, but, at the same time the temperature was going up. They said that, as they came over the top the sky was blue except from a large ominous black cloud directly over our hameau, from which lihtning was stiking the ground and heavy rain was tipping down. GS took a picture to prove it.

Two hours later the sun came out, the temperature continued to rise and the power stayed off.Come 6 oclock the neighbours started coming out from their refuges and were checked on everyone else and asking if there was power, There wasn't. Someone went along to the next hameau where it was on and managed to contact EDF who helpfully said there was a power outage. When told there wan't one just along the road. Silence, We'll send someone out tomorrow. No you won't said neighbour what about our suppers our fans and our freezers? They would send someone out immediately.

Funnily enough most of us had worked out the problen, not difficult when one looked at the transformer at the end of the street, and the old cherrytree next to it and now a smouldering stump, like said transformer.

Nothing else to do but fire up the bbq, dress the salads, fish out all the lanterns and candles and have supper, which was remarkably jovial. However clearing away and getting a tired family organised was less so and we went to bed at 11.30 thinking we were in for a long hot night. So it was and not only hot but noisy because at 2.30 EDF turned up with an emergency generator and installed it beside the smouldering heap.

Emergency generators and not exactly quiet.

Managed to get a few hours sleep eventually and then had to do our weekly shop a day early because we have plans for my birthday tomorrow. It wasn't until we got back home we remembered it is our 53rd wedding anniversary :oops: :oops:

There is champagne in the fridge and

i have supper more or less organised with GCs help so I'm off for a siesta.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 7th, 2018, 1:30 pm

Goodness me Rats :hug: you do lead an exciting life :shock:

I'm glad you're all together and ok .... have a restful siesta and Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday too :luv: :wave:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » August 7th, 2018, 1:40 pm

Hope you have a Happy Anniversary and a Lovely Birthday.
Good heavens though you have had a rough couple of days
hope everything settles down.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 7th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Good Heavens Rats that storm sounds like something out of a disaster movie, do your visitors always bring weather like that. Any news on how long it will be before the transformer is properly replaced?

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 7th, 2018, 3:31 pm

Happy Anniversary to Mr & Mrs Rats! :cocktail: :cocktail:. I hope you all sleep well tonight.

Some of you may remember that a few weeks ago I had a TV aerial fitted in the loft and a new Smart TV installed. I haven't really fathomed out the new TV fully yet (I have not had Freeview before). Instructions are online which means bringing the laptop downstairs which is a pain as it has to reboot if I unplug it :rolleyes: . One of those things I've been saving for a day when there is nothing to do and my brain is functioning.
Anyway, today I am getting a message from most channels saying there is no signal and that I should check my aerial connection. It started this morning with BBC1 but then changed to most other channels instead. I can get radio and a home shopping channel too :evil:. I have no idea why this should have happened and can't get into the loft. I have been hoping it will right itself but it hasn't yet. If anyone has any hints I would be most interested. Otherwise I will wait till the weekend when DD comes. I can still get the iplayer/ihub services but one of those cut out in the middle of something earlier. I think that tomorrow my brain might function enough not to watch questionable TV all day anyway!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » August 7th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Blimey, Rats, talk about celebrating your anniversary with a bang! :D Hope this evening is more peaceful and that you have a very happy birthday. :luv: :cocktail:

EM- can't help I'm afraid, but I do hope it gets sorted out soon. Not what you want when you're trying to recover from being poorly. :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 7th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Interested to see that our local library is advertising a Drag Queen event for children aged 4+.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 7th, 2018, 5:31 pm

Gruney wrote:Just a real quickie please - do I remember correctly that eggs used for cakes, pastry and specifically for my intention this evening - batters, should be at room temperature - not fridge?

I’ve never found it made a blind bit of difference apart from mayonnaise and meringues - other things beginning with M perhaps? :D

Crikey Rats, I’ve seen storms like that in Spain and Greece but fortunately over the sea, so you could sit on dry land and watch the show. Generators I know are a particularly irritating noise.
Bonne anniversaire for tomorrow, and hope you enjoy the 53rd anniversary champagne! :cocktail: :cocktail:

Earthmaiden I get strange messages about signal on cable sometimes, on cable :?

Back from playing backgammon, won one, lost one. Played at the Royal Academy in the Keeper’s House, which has the members rooms, very nice but cafe / bar shockingly expensive

Melting now. We just had a few drops of rain so humidity is high. Might break with a milder storm than in Provence

Stop press: the bassoonist is playing a tune! Not scales
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 7th, 2018, 5:52 pm

I've troubleshooted (shot?) the TV. Found out how to reload all the channels and it worked. Hope it doesn't happen often.

Sounds like a good day Sue - and excellent news re the bassoonist!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Badger's mate » August 7th, 2018, 7:17 pm

The lad next door used to practise the piano daily, in the summer the windows or doors were open and we'd hear it in all its glory. When he progressed to tunes, we got 'London Bridge is Falling Down' over and over, in the Les Dawson style :D . However, after years of practice, it became a pleasure. He started to play church organs, got a lot of gigs on Sundays and summer Saturdays, and eventually got a music scholarship to Cambridge. He is now a music teacher.
Badger's mate
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » August 7th, 2018, 8:18 pm

Toms are really cracking on now! Even the big ones are starting to ripen (at last!!!!!). The biggest are the size of a small apple!
:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 9:21 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Anyway, today I am getting a message from most channels saying there is no signal and that I should check my aerial connection. It started this morning with BBC1 but then changed to most other channels instead.

When I had this problem, I needed an aerial man who had to go on the roof... it either needed boosting or replacing; cant remember which now :(
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 7th, 2018, 9:23 pm

earthmaiden wrote:I've troubleshooted (shot?) the TV. Found out how to reload all the channels and it worked. Hope it doesn't happen often.

Sounds like a good day Sue - and excellent news re the bassoonist!

Ah, my next suggestion was going to be to re-tune your channels … seems this is what has worked :tu:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 7th, 2018, 10:12 pm

EM if it's any consolation we are finding with this hot weather, we are having to retune the TV almost every evening. Anyone else remember continental interference ?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 7th, 2018, 10:17 pm

The other thing (according to the engineer) is that all these boxes are actually little computers and usually set to update (if necessary) at about 3 am. Like computers they occasionally don’t pick it up correctly, in which case turning it off for a few minutes and turning back on, then leaving it time to pick up the updates may help, as they look for new programmes when they reboot. Just like PCs.

We have had rain, but not enough to do anything useful.

Have a good night
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 7th, 2018, 10:37 pm

Evening all!

You've all been busy I see! I've had a non stop day of admin type tasks which have finally started to go my way. Chatting with my mate at about 4pm, both gagging for cooler weather, she reported that the weather should be changing to rain imminently. She's in Royston and could see clouds. We both got excited. Seven hours later, nothing here apart from a big black cloud waved teasingly at me before disappearing.....

I've been having some major setbacks this past week, so have been a bit quiet on WF, but nothing I can't handle because I appear to have grown the biggest pair of testicles known to man recently! Just call me Buster Gonad! :lol: It seems the anti social parasites living on our communal land have been cleared away at last. So that's a good result. I've set the ball rolling at last on an appeal against something that's long overdue. See what happens there. I've seen an ad for a job I really fancy and think I can do. I'll apply tomorrow.

I think I'll finish watching Dog Soldiers then turn in, although my bedroom feels like a sauna. I wonder if I turn my bed round I could stick my feet out of the window?? Maybe tomorrow after job search. I might kip in my armchair tonight.

Happy sleeps all.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 8th, 2018, 5:18 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, glad that you got your digibox sorted out EM. We get the UK radio via ours which is v useful, I can get R4 etc via the laptop but sound is so much better via the TV. You can waste hours not buying things on the shopping channels, can you get the Food Channel?

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 8th, 2018, 6:59 am

Good morning wild ones. We had a lovely cool sleep filled night last night :hi5: Today we have the double glazing peeps coming to look at a door problem, the wind howls round it, ho p usefully they are early.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 8th, 2018, 7:40 am

Morning all! Thanks for your comments re the TV, all very reassuring. I can assure you I don't watch shopping channels for long though was fascinated by a luggage set yesterday. Having perfected the suitcase with fold away handles, wheels etc, so that the case was streamlined when kicked about by baggage handlers, the fashionable ones now are those with four sticking out wheels which can be wheeled in any direction with a slight push. I have pondered over this before, the wheels look so flimsy I wonder how many get broken. Perhaps there is a huge sub industry in replacements.

Hope you feel better soon Tezza and that you are in with a chance with the job!

I have promised myself to be a little less lazy today. It's supposed to be a bit cooler, I have a lot of bedding to wash, not exactly difficult with modern appliances and there are small things to do in the garden. In just 10 days my 'mini' mulberry bushes have changed into triffids.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 8th, 2018, 7:58 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Somewhar cooler and infinitely calmer night last night and as a consequence slept like a log.
Could have been that the champagne and the Hendricks gin with Fever Tree helped considerably!
We all watched The Shape of Water last night - only DD had seen it, GD and I loved it but GS deemed it "wet" :lol: :lol:

The family are still in their pits but I have alreday had Mr R's gift. " night's gourmet break in October at Maison Pic in Valence ;
https://www.relaischateaux.com/gb/franc ... me-valence
We have been to the restaurant and it was wonderful so someting to really look forward to.

Moira, the storm was really rather like a disaster movie at the time. We even made the news No idea yet when we will have a permanent system in place ptobably no time soon because it is August. All things considered EDF did a fairly impressive job.

Let's hope the weather holds for tonight because we are all going to our friend's restaurant and he's promised my favourite gateauraspberry and chocolate mirror cake :drool: :drool:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 8th, 2018, 8:05 am

Good morning all :D :mug: we had a heavy shower overnight ... now it’s bright and sunny but much fresher ... the borders might be damp enough to do some weeding and I might just sow some Swiss Chard cos the earlier lot has bolted in the heat.
I bought a spiraliser yesterday ... courgettes will be shredded ... :D
Hope poorly ones are on the mend. Hope Rats and family are enjoying themselves. Good luck Tezza :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby musselsandfries » August 8th, 2018, 8:38 am

Whilst not as dramatic as Rats' storm we had a cracker, you can imagine after a day of 37 degrees the sheer intensity of it.
There is a local musical festival on which we are going to Friday, the headliners were forced off stage by lightning and stuff damaged. They returned with laptops hooked up to speakers and did an almost karaoke type set....very 21st century :D

We were way first week of May , on return our grass was already burnt to death so whats that 3 months or so..therefore as a fat 50 year old I am officially blimming pleased with myself that I can still function and didnt give in !! Previous years I have whinged above 23 degrees !!
musselsandfries
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » August 8th, 2018, 8:52 am

We are not expecting a storm for at least 8 weeks although the thunder might mutter to itself up in mountains as usual.
We have an appointment in Limassol later on, thank heavens for car A/C. Because of changes in Cypriot law we have to make new wills, we have to request that as British passport holders we are subject to UK law. We will of course be charged for this, no wonder Cypriot students want to be lawyers

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 8th, 2018, 8:56 am

Good morning everyone,
Happy anniversary Rats :cocktail: :cocktail:
Wet & windy here this morning so I think a pile of i**ning beckons. It's due to dry up later so hopefully I'll get some more done in the garden.
Last of the allotment slice for lunch and I've a portion of salmon defrosted for tonight which I'll have with new potatoes and green veg.
liketocook
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » August 8th, 2018, 8:57 am

Good morning everybody … it's a very quiet one here as Gizzy Dog is now at his new home .. I have had regular photos from his new owners showing that he seems to be settling in fine .. There was a really lovely photo of him and his new (girl) friend settled on the back seat of their car during their journey to Tewkesbury … Flora resting her head on his bum ! I did miss his little face looking up at me as I came down the stairs this morning - I usually talk to him all the time, but this morning haven't uttered a word. I am feeling a bit (emotionally) fragile .. and watching this morning's Animal Park - all about a very old and favourite Silver Back Gorilla dying just of old age and seeing the keepers getting upset talking about it is likely to tip me over the edge :rolleyes: I will be going into Uxbridge this morning to take advantage of having absolutely nothing to do today and this afternoon will be popping to see my ex beauty therapist who is recovering from treatment for bladder cancer....

Oooh, sorry, Happy Anniversary and Birthday Rats …. I am sure you will have a wonderful day with your loved ones and good food ! ;) :chops: :chef:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » August 8th, 2018, 9:19 am

Morning all, have a good day all of you celebrating things! And a big :hug: Pat in the absence of Gizzy Dog. They leave a big hole don't they? If you're anything like me you'll be talking to yourself before long until your next pooch arrives. :hug:

No rain last night, but we have 18° and a gorgeous breeze. So I'll be taking myself out for a walk, spend some more Superdrug birthday vouchers, and where the council have cleared the herberts off our premises they have also locked all the exit doors which lead to the wheelie bins so I need to find the key to put my rubbish out. At least when I work my way out there I won't have half the cast of Carry On Camping staring at me! :bounce:

Right, onwards and upwards! :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 8th, 2018, 11:04 am

Good morning
Pleasant morning here, currently 23.5 C outside, but breezy so feels less
Except that S put a rail ticket for me to use on Sunday into my mail box, and it has disappeared without trace :?
Need to sort that out asap and get on with the rest of my paperwork
Must also go and buy some fruit, I've eaten what was in the fridge and the contents of the fruit bowl decomposed while I was feeling unwell

Birthday present sounds good Rats :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby icelesley » August 8th, 2018, 12:04 pm

The door man has been :tu: We need 3 new hinges and a re-alignment :rolleyes: It will only take him and hour once the hinges arrive. I asked how long the hinges would take to arrive, after a sharp intake of breath he said it will be this side of Christmas hopefully. :o He then said he was joking, they are normally pretty quick. :lol:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 8th, 2018, 12:23 pm

So glad Dizzy dog has gone to a lovely home. You are doing a brilliant job Pat :hug: :hug:

The family are off to the pool at San Sat - Suffs and Amber will know it. Before that they gave me my birthday gifts - they obviously know me well. A box of taster gins from an award winning distillery in Ulverston and 2 gin glasses without which you can't possibly drink the stuff correctly :lol: I also had a bottle of Dutch gin and several encouraging cards.

Now I'm in a quandery. How does one drink artinsanal gin? I think I need an instructional course :lol: :lol:

Tezza, glad the council have repelled borders/campers. Long may it last!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 8th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
I've just had some wonderful news, my son and his lovely Greek gf got engaged in the sunshine on a Greek Island with my Gran's engagement ring. :luv: :luv: I am so happy I could burst :D :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » August 8th, 2018, 12:47 pm

Awwww LTC that's lovely .... congratulations to all :cocktail: :cocktail: :luv:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 8th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Thanks suffs :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » August 8th, 2018, 1:03 pm

What wonderful news ltc. Many congratulations to all. :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » August 8th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Thanks Rats :D
liketocook
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop