Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXII - Saoirse

Postby scullion » July 9th, 2018, 4:37 pm

interestingly, somewhere online, my partner has read that boris was part of the way through his resignation letter when it was announced he'd resigned.

what does one infer?
scullion
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 9th, 2018, 6:29 pm

Such excitement but not a peep on French TV only hysteria over tomorrows footie. Not that that woud ever happen in the UK :rolleyes:

I'm off to watch more tennis and a bit of real TV , hopefully.

See you all tomorrow :wave:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 9th, 2018, 7:53 pm

So did he jump or was he pushed.....?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » July 9th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Chinchilla_lady wrote:Afternoon All

I mis-read that, I thought that The Artist had gone to be induced :oops: :lol:

:lol:

Good news about Mr Z! :hug:

8 of those lads are now out - their rescuers should get honours for their bravery! :kneel:

:kneel:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 9th, 2018, 9:28 pm

New post in Facebook Group
PurpleLuv wrote:Just a note to say our good friend gattodisonno (Hazel) has had a nasty fall & hurt her leg, she has had an operation, might need skin grafts & physio etc but hopes to be home in a few days. She wanted me to let our community know. Wishing her a pain free fast recover :luv: .xxx
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby aero280 » July 9th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Gosh! I hope she gets well soon. Falling when older is no fun.

I fell a month or so ago and it shook be up quite badly at the time. And I only fell by slipping on a muddy slope and banging my head on the way down. No other damage fortunately. I've stumbled occasionally in the past and had difficulty staying upright. It's important to keep exercising and keeping legs strong enough to support you.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby suffolk » July 9th, 2018, 9:45 pm

If dear Gatto is looking in, or if someone is in touch with her, please pass on my commiserations re fall and the rather horrid repercussions. Lots of :hug: and get well very soon from us xx
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » July 9th, 2018, 11:29 pm

and from here, too.

as was asked on tv or the radio the other day - when does 'falling over' become 'having a fall'?
scullion
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 10th, 2018, 12:09 am

Gatto - wishing a very speedy recovery to you :hug: and gently bounce back as soon as you are ready! :hug:

Not advisable for anyone to bounce back round here right now. We have such strong winds that my wind chimes are going like the clappers and I can hear wheelie bins and waste flying around the road very noisily. Are we finally able to see a light at the end of our heat wave tunnel? Hope so, even if it means picking up a bit of debris in the morning.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 10th, 2018, 5:11 am

Good Morning Wild Ones,
suffolk wrote:The Artist has been Inducted
How long did it take to go over some simple knowledge?

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 10th, 2018, 5:56 am

Elf and Safety.....

Morning all,

I was patted awake at 5am and have watered - even the potatoes again! Wuzzle had managed to lift the night door and was out, but of course Scrumpy did not realise that and still woke me up.... :rolleyes:

BT are coming again....... :rolleyes: Hopefully to this time, actually do the work. Sparky will be back to finish off the consumer board, the chippie sorted out a cabinet I bought that only had half a shelf - for a couple of ciders ! Heard nothing from the Boss yet about phase II next week...... And the Drs. managed to mess up on Mr. Z's HGV medical for his HGV so he has to go back and sort it out. I need to go to town at some point for odds and sods. Still emptying the garage....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 10th, 2018, 6:02 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Apparently there was a lot of company history and ethos and procedures ... everything from how to call in sick and entitlements, to dealing with shop-lifters. OH said he could see that procedures are well thought out and appear to be properly implemented ... he says he feels well prepared. :D
I'm meeting a friend for lunch at Cotes :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 10th, 2018, 7:02 am

Good morning wild ones. It is nice and cool again today and last night was less humid. I need to get some work done in the greenhouse now it's cooler.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby jrc » July 10th, 2018, 7:06 am

Morning all :hug:

Cooler here but still very humid. Son is in the air as we speak. He and his partner have had a short break in Bali and are on their way home to Perth. :D

Big but gentle :hug: :hug: :hug: to all those that need them.
jrc
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 10th, 2018, 7:31 am

I do get a bit exasperated at derisory comments about measures implemented to keep employees and customers safe ... I'm glad that OHs new employers are responsible enough to ensure that he knows how to lift heavy weights and awkwardly shaped packages without injury; I'm also glad that he understands the procedure for getting the right help to a sick or injured customer or colleague and how the large and complex building will be evacuated safely in an emergency. There are other seemingly more minor procedures but I doubt whether a large and profitable company invents them just for the sake of it ... my guess is that having established Health & Safety procedures is a way of ensuring the business runs smoothly and fulfils its duty of care to its customers and employees.
There's currently an enquiry going on into a local business where some safety procedures were ignored due to time constraints and two members of a family were killed in the resulting fireball.
I'm glad OHs employers seem to take their responsibilities seriously.
Rant over :oops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 10th, 2018, 7:40 am

Morning all! Such an exciting news day yesterday, we'll all need a rest today :lol:.

Zosh, I had meant to say that I wondered if you'd go to the exhibition at the Manor. A group of friends went but I was too busy to fit it in. It looked lovely.

I've already commented on FB but do wish dear Gatto well. I too am always a bit confused about the term 'having a fall' and try not to use it. I wonder actually if it is a slightly older English term which went out of vogue and then came back. I don't remember hearing it much until relatively recently but it was clearly in use at the time of Humpty Dumpty.

GD is coming today. Not sure yet what we're going to do. I had promised a picnic next time she came but don't want to go out for long if it's going to be hot again. DIL wouldn't be impressed if GD went home with any of the afflictions that too much sun can cause :rolleyes:.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Suelle » July 10th, 2018, 7:44 am

Well said, Suffolk!

We have to hope that it's not this sort of 'red tape' that the government intends to reduce after Brexit, however hard or soft it is.
Suelle
Global Moderator

Postby Seatallan » July 10th, 2018, 8:05 am

suffolk wrote:I do get a bit exasperated at derisory comments about measures implemented to keep employees and customers safe

Quite agree Suffs :tu:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » July 10th, 2018, 8:10 am

i have had to do twelve or thirteen online courses recently a number of which were health and safety. they had to be passed with 100% marks. some of them were irrelevant to what i do but the health and safety and some of the safeguarding ones were very relevant and was glad to do them (i was also paid to do them). knowing that the other members of staff know what to do in an emergency makes me feel more secure for myself let alone for the guys we work with who may not have the capacity to keep themselves safe.
scullion
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 10th, 2018, 8:20 am

The EU are still trying to enforce H&S here in Cyprus. Some laws about proper scaffolding, fencing building sites and the like are enforced but others are not, I have seen discarded Hi Vis jackets within the last hour, removed because of the heat of course.
I was on my way back from the supermarket, there were a couple of British couples who cannot have visited for a year, they were chirruping about the latest shop enlargements.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 10th, 2018, 8:29 am

Good morning
suffolk wrote:I do get a bit exasperated at derisory comments about measures implemented to keep employees and customers safe

I so agree, the point of Health and Safety is that it was brought in because work was dangerous in places and did affect people's health, why would anyone want to go back to that? And why anyone would think induction unnecessary especially in these days of complex security procedures and usually a computer sign on somewhere along the way.... I remember turning up for new jobs years ago and sitting reading the newspaper for my first day because nobody had been assigned to get me launched. Sometimes H&S do overdo it, but most of it is useful.
Rant over :D
It's cooler here so I can spend a little time in the attic putting stuff away, which will be a good thing, my suitcase from last week is still standing by.
Need to make some breakfast
Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 10th, 2018, 8:42 am

Morning all,

What a relief that the much needed cooler weather is upon us! For me this means feet and fingers have gone back done to normal size and I haven't got the hump up to my eyeballs. :lol: It also means that my excuse for not decorating, hoovering, sweeping and mopping due to the heat has expired!

I have an ongoing query with a bill from the council that I need to revisit the CAB about. Then get my bed linen in off the line and settle in for SF number one. :bounce:

In my last job I was heavily involved and trained in our massive H&S policy. People moan about H&S but like most things, It's there for a good reason. It does what it says on the tin in that it looks out for customers and employers, as already said, but it also looks out for the employer. Claims of accidents through injury due to alleged negligence by the company in the main did not stand a chance of getting past the front door because our policies were very tight, although some did succeed.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 10th, 2018, 8:47 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Most of "hot" jobs done. I do wish a few more people would observe H&S measures round these parts eg wearing ear protectors and safety goggles. The number of cyclist and motorbikers who blithley ride around with their helments dangling from the handlebars. There are too many accidents which could easily been avoided

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Gatto.

We both enjoyed watching Olivia Coleman in "Who do you think you are" She , like Mr R has strong links to The East India Company. In fact he discovered some letters in the British Library the day some of met up in London. It was a pleasant change after so much sport.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 10th, 2018, 9:17 am

I watched that very early this morning Rats. I thought it was a very good one indeed. I hate it when the people involved clearly have no idea of any historical circumstances or dates whatsoever and you can see interesting information floating over their heads.

Doesn't seem any cooler here. I have prepared the picnic. We'll sit in the shade and come home before the heat of the afternoon.

There is a huge emphasis on H&s in my workplace. Some of it seems really boring but incidents have been hugely reduced.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 10th, 2018, 9:25 am

I think that the problem with H&S occurs when companies, local councils, etc use it as an excuse for not doing something or for extra red tape. Cutting down trees because the leaves are a nuisance springs to mind or is that an urban myth?

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 10th, 2018, 9:36 am

Fallen leaves blocking drains and causing flood which damage homes, and making slippery pavements causing accidents do happen ... and in these days of austerity when LA funds are being restricted by HM gov choices have to be made as to whether it's best to spend a small fortune on clearing them up every couple of days in the autumn, or removing the trees ... Council Tax Payers can't expect taxes to be kept low and work to be done for nothing.

There's a lack of honesty permeating the whole structure of UK national and local government, from top to bottom ... it's based on short term planning and promises being made simply in order to gain re-election :twisted:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 10th, 2018, 9:48 am

cyprusmoira wrote:I think that the problem with H&S occurs when companies, local councils, etc use it as an excuse for not doing something or for extra red tape.

Yes, you do get some jobsworthing involved I admit

I tend to be very careful having handled cyanide, radioactivity, and infected blood samples while training school leaver technicians :scared: I didn't lose any! :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby dennispc » July 10th, 2018, 10:57 am

Well said Suffs and others. I do wish people realised the so-called EU regulations came from the UK - look at the date of our Health and Safety at Work legislation and the date we joined the Common Market.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » July 10th, 2018, 11:58 am

Just waiting to see the fly-past over Buck House. Mr R is from a very much RAF family, so is looking forward to it. Unfortunately his eyesight was not good enough for him to join. His father was not best pleased - but it was really his fault because he wouldn't allow him to wear glasses when he needed them because specs were for softies :evil: :evil:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 10th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I am glad to hear that all the Thai boys and their football coach are out safely. What I do not understand is why they were so far into the cave in the first place.

We watched the RAF Centenary Service and Commemoration on TV. What was Teresa May wearing on her head, it looked as though hats had collided.

Sue, I saw your note about safe handling. It reminds me of when the HACCP regulation were introduced, as part of the risk assessment we were asked to list possible chemical hazards on the ward. My list included all of the medicines and most of lotion cupboard, most of the other ward managers did the same.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 10th, 2018, 2:36 pm

Pa would've loved the flypast ... they usually start to form up over Sole Bay off Southwold ... when he was alive we used to make sure he could see them fly over and he would salute them ... today is a 'significant birthday' for my 'Little Brother' ... he says it's very good of the RAF to mark the date in this way :rolleyes: :lol:

I've been into the city and done a bit of food shopping and had lunch at Cote ... a bit disappointed as the steak, was supposed to to be served pink but wasn't, and both the steak and the frites were over salted. I didn't say anything as friend and I were too busy nattering (it's 12 months since we had a catch up) ... I will give them another chance but I will draw attention to any further problems.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » July 10th, 2018, 4:10 pm

i have just been extravagant. i've treated myself to a copy of 'jekka's (mcvicar) complete herb book'. i'd been wanting it for a while and it's nearly twenty quid before postage - but a good (used) copy on abebooks (i blame you, tezza - i'd forgotten about them) was £4.80 including postage - a bargain indeed so only marginally extravagant.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » July 10th, 2018, 4:20 pm

I've been extravagant too ... if you get off the bus at the second stop in the city, the quickest way to get to the city centre is in Waterstones' back door, down the stairs and out through the front door ......... it'd be rude to use them as a short cut and not buy a book wouldn't it .......... so I've come home with Arundhati Roy's The Ministry of Utmost Happiness :bounce:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 10th, 2018, 4:37 pm

I happened to see the flypast on the 1pm news and had a 'bit of a moment' for my Dad...... :cry: I thought it was very well done.

Busy day on the whole, most of the tricity fittings are now in place, guttering is mostly up and I am told that the staircase will be constructed at 'the yard' for the rest of this week and may be brought to site by the middle of next week. Tomorrow a trench will be dug for water and power to be connected to the main house. BT have been and done their thing.... I have been to town and Mr. Z. has been back to the quacks for the details on the rest of his medical for HGV. Tatos were watered this morning so just the other stuff tonight.

Out to lunch tomorrow, taking some courgettes over for them to use in the restaurant, my glut is just starting......! Just resting my ankles before supper, I have been on my feet since 5am and they are starting to complain....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Busybee » July 10th, 2018, 4:47 pm

A good day has been had at the show. I last saw my niece bathing a pig...........the pig was winning :lol: .

Had a good look at the pigs, sheep, bees, country persuits, forestry, horses and farm machinery. I have entered a raffle to ‘ win’ a combine harvester for a year, I’m just deciding where I’m going to park it :o it needs to be close enough to the house so I can nip into town shopping in it!

I am foot sore and weary, have managed to walk over seven miles just going round the show ground, I was limping along ( my inflamed Achilles’ tendon has been giving me gip on and off recently) back to the car when a lovely girl in a golf buggy stopped and offered us a lift. Just as well as the car park is about a mile from the entrance..........I wonder when I looked old enough to get assistance? My 75 year old father said it must have been because of my limp, it couldn’t possibly be because he is an OAP!.

Lots of shopping opportunities, but I was very restrained only buying a hat jack to expand the leather band on my Akubra hat which has shrunk a bit over the years. It’s only 28 years old and has plenty of wear left in it.

It was a very early start with a 5.30am get up, so am looking forward to my bed.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 10th, 2018, 6:27 pm

Lovely to hear of extravagant book purchases today, that's what I like to hear! :lol:

I was treated to the sound of our Co-op car park being resurfaced this morning so I nipped to CAB earlier than planned to escape the racket. There has been a huge cock up with my benefits allocation regarding housing which has only just come to light! It will get resolved but not today. Me and CAB were on a loud speaker call to my old council, on hold for ages then finally got through then got cut off! So I'll take my query straight to horse's mouth in person when I am on a JC visit Friday. Looking forward to that! :rolleyes:

Now dinner and the battle of the French and the Belgians.

Fantastic news about the cave rescue! :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 10th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Meganthemog wrote:
liketocook wrote:Good morning everyone,
My tomatoes have long way to go before they'll be ripe but all being well it looks promising for a bumper crop. I tend to make lots of passatta and freeze it with any excess.
The bbq last night was really good and apart from a little salad & some bread there are no leftovers, the brisket was gorgeous, melt in the mouth tender but still pink. :)
I sampled the seaweed gin and really liked it. Definitely one if you like savoury rather than sweet tastes. I must get some more elderflower tonic as that worked really well with it.
Apart from cleaning out the bbq, I'm not sure what my plans are. My son is going fishing but just catch & release so no fishy dinner tonight. Weather looks as though it's going to be another hot and sticky one. It did get chilly late on yesterday and it rained for all of 5 secs just after 11pm, when we felt the spots I hoped we might get a decent shower overnight but it never came to anything.

Is it the Da Mhile Seaweed gin? I had a couple of sample bottles a couple of years ago - I quite liked it. Have you tried the Gwyr gin? It is very fennel -y but goes really well with prosecco :lol:

That's the one :D , the fennel one sounds interesting though I can be "funny" about aniseed and don't like fizz so maybe not one for me though I could see it working with elderflower tonic too :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby liketocook » July 10th, 2018, 6:41 pm

Good evening everyone,
Such wonderful news re the Thai lads & their coach. I'm blown away by the bravery & determination of all involved :kneel: :kneel:

Overcast & muggy here today and this evening the midges are out in force, the forecast is mixed for the next couple of days so we might get some much needed rain. I noticed today that many of the local gardens and green spaces are looking very frazzled.
As a thank you for repairing the dodgy joist on my deck I treated my son to a "posh" lunch at the place my elder son & I went to in June- a nice treat for us both and much cheaper than getting someone in to do it . It was glorious and although compared to a "normal" lunch pricey however, for the standard of cooking, location, service etc. I find it really good value for money. We both had the same starters and mains of langoustine bisque followed by stone bass. Both were excellent and I'll be having a bash at the bisque sometime when I've folk round. It came with parmesan, spicy orzo "rissotto", a crouton & saffron aioli - it looked and tasted fantastic. It was the first time I'd had stone bass, meatier than sea bass so I'll be keeping an eye out for it as it was lovely. For pud I had a piece of salted carmel tart with spiced ice cream and my son had a carmelised banana with semi frodo and gorgeous peanut brittle. Neither of us could manage the petit fours that came with the coffee so they were boxed and are currently in the fridge.
No dinner needed tonight and I doubt I'll have anything before bedtime.
liketocook
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 10th, 2018, 6:57 pm

That sounds lovely ltc. :chops:

Totally amazing re the cave rescue. What bravery. I too have been wondering how the group got so far in when they do not appear to have been pot holing enthusiasts. DD has always enjoyed outdoor activities but hated pot holing. Some of the crevices they had to squeeze through were very narrow indeed.

It was a bit cooler today, but still warm enough. Our little picnic went well along with some running and tree climbing (I didn't partake in the latter). Think it'll be another early night and early morning tomorrow.

I'm off to my usual East Anglian haunt tomorrow. Life's been a bit too busy to organise meeting any Wildies this time but don't be surprised if we happen to bump into each other!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby scullion » July 10th, 2018, 7:30 pm

Busybee wrote:my inflamed Achilles’ tendon has been giving me gip on and off recently

Try wearing slightly higher heeled shoes - even half an inch - it relaxes the stretch on the tendon, giving it a bit of time to recover.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » July 10th, 2018, 7:34 pm

Guess who isn't watching the football in this house (although, unfortunately it is on in the room I'm in.
It's amazing how quick the first half went while I played sudoku on the kindle.
scullion
Registered

Postby Busybee » July 10th, 2018, 7:56 pm

scullion wrote:
Busybee wrote:my inflamed Achilles’ tendon has been giving me gip on and off recently

Try wearing slightly higher heeled shoes - even half an inch - it relaxes the stretch on the tendon, giving it a bit of time to recover.

Thank you Scully, I will try this. When I think about it I wear mainly flattish shoes, I will make an effort to wear something with a small heal. It seems to go through fits and starts, maybe I need to be mindful of tracking when it’s been more painful and what shoes I was wearing.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » July 10th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm

When my mum tore her Achilles tendon, almost detaching it from the bone, she wax prescribed small but definite heels after the op. It helped, and if I'm feeling cramp prone, I find varying my heel height a little helps
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » July 11th, 2018, 5:17 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I have put a load of washing in the machine, it should be dry and ironed by lunch time.
I am looking forward to learning the details of the cave rescue in Thailand

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » July 11th, 2018, 6:27 am

Good morning wild ones. The Sun is back but we do have a whisper of breeze :tu: last night 10.30 the door bell rang, a lady wanted to ask about the astroturf in the front garden :rolleyes: she is having her garden landscaped and had noticed ours and plucked up the courage to ask about it...at 10.30pm :shock:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 11th, 2018, 6:40 am

Morning all! It seems a bit cooler this morning. I am wondering what to pack. Above a certain temperature it is acceptable for people of my shape and age to wear less (hopefully with some decorum) outside the privacy of the home, but not if it is slightly cooler.

I had awful problems with my Achilles tendon for some years. Exercises prescribed by physio via the doctor helped a little as did heel height. The big change came after a friend recommended a podatrist at the local private hospital. He examined my gait, made insoles to change it and made me wear them all the time for several months. I have never had any more trouble, still use the insoles for proper waliking but can wear many didferent styles of shoe now fairly confidently. One thing he did recommend was wearing square rather than pointed heels as they provide better stability. I do wear pointed ones if I want to dress up but can feel it if I have to walk very far.

Edited to exclaim my horror at Icey's visitor!!!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 11th, 2018, 7:52 am

Good morning
I haven't worn sharp heels for years, block or Cuban. My "posh" shoes have a strap and a very slightly tapered heel, very 20s flapper.

Must book the chiropodist for next week myself.

Must also find out what they are doing to the street, they have been round with multi coloured sprays until bits look like a Keith Hareng artwork. Last night there was an awful noise as I was drifting off to sleep, so I grabbed my phone to video the vandals but it turned out to be the usual hobbits in hi-vis with a section of road coned off and the noise was just them raising the heavy cast iron manhole covers, didn't last long and they are gone again now.

Really must decide what I want for breakfast, really hungry for some reason

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 11th, 2018, 8:04 am

Morning all!

A lovely night of peaceful and cool sleep interrupted only by the sound of my wind chimes at my bedroom window tinkling in the breeze. Very nice.

Today a trip to CAB (I might as well move in...) to sign an all important form of consent that they forgot to ask me to sign yesterday. Plus an additional council benefits cock up that I only discovered in my post when I returned from there yesterday afternoon, this time in my favour! I don't mind. I get a walk out of it, plus get to visit a bakery in town I did not know was there!

I'm looking forward to the match later. I don't have the serious nerves that I had at Italia '90. How is Gareth Southgate remaining so calm? Every faith, possibly? Happy paint drying to all those not interested! :lol:

I was thinking, the non supporters could sing their own football anthem to celebrate the end of the torture on Sunday evening as they pack up their decorating tools.

'It's really dry,
It's really dry,
It's dry,
That paint's really dry.....'

:grin:

Have fun!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » July 11th, 2018, 8:05 am

Oh dear Sue, sounds as though someone is going to dig it up :(. One colour per utility underneath.

A fellow Wildie has just posted an interesting article on FB regarding the cave incident. It seems that the boys had been there many times before and went there on their own in their free time. The coach only went in later when he saw their bikes outside because he knew how dangerous it was for them to be there in the rainy season ... and then it rained. It all makes sense now, he sounds like a man of great integrity.
earthmaiden
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop