Mini Kitchen

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Mini Kitchen

Postby Zosherooney » July 6th, 2018, 5:36 pm

We had something similar to this when in Greece last year. It really does teach you to value your space and work tidily http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/22298906 ... rmvSB=true

I have been looking for a small kitchen sink for the Hobbit House and got diverted. It really does make me value my present kitchen although there are units and appliances in the wrong places and at the wrong heights.
Zosherooney
Registered

Re: Mini Kitchen

Postby northleedsbhoy » July 6th, 2018, 6:10 pm

Exactly what is the Hobbit House I keep reading about on your posts? :?

Cheers
NLB :tu:
northleedsbhoy
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 6th, 2018, 8:51 pm

Yeah, I missed the birth of the Hobbit House too..... :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 6th, 2018, 9:50 pm

Photo on 28-06-2018 at 13.39.jpg
We are having an oak framed double garage with waney edge larch sides (very rustic and pretty) constructed at home. Over the top of the double garage accessed by an outside staircase is a self contained studio flat/bedsit. When the architect drew the drawing he called it a Hobby room but I mis-heard it as Hobbit room so the name stuck ! It is very bijoux and has been carefully designed for everything to fit maximising on space. The bathroom is to the right of the righthand velux window and is looking good. I will show some internal photos when there is something to show. At the moment we are up to skirting boards and cupboard doors. Hopefully the outside stairs will be started in the next 10 days. We have just committed to hardwood double garage doors on the lefthand side. They will be oiled and we are hoping to use the large hinges from our existing garage doors as the cost of the doors is over 3k !!!!!! :shock: The righthand side is a carport/drive thru for access to the back garden and for the ride on mower and any tree work that needs to be done.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » July 6th, 2018, 11:19 pm

That looks and sounds absolutely idyllic Zosh! I'm loving the reason it was named Hobbit House too! :lol: Something good coming out of a mishearing. Can't wait to see the photos of next steps.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » July 7th, 2018, 11:02 am

That looks great Zosh!
I find the problem with the small kitchens in holiday rentals are usually lack of power points and while I'm happy to have fewer hotplates than at home, I do need at least one that can boil a pan of soup in less than half a day.... reminiscent of the old baby stoves that had four elements but could only stand having two on at once
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Kacey » July 7th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Hate to admit this, but I do have a GAZ camping stove that has accompanied me on several Greek self catering holidays when I've been less certain of what I'm going to find when I get there.
Kacey
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » July 7th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Kacey ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have just got back from our trip by boat down the Avon Gorge and I did manage to wangle a stop on the way home via IKEA, managed to part with £275 but did snaffle a few more bargains for both the Hobbit room and phase II bathroom.

Thanks for your comments, I watch as many Grand Designs as I can get away with and have collected lots of ideas along the journey. The chaps we have on site are great and always offer advice, I always listen but do make my own mind up.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 16th, 2018, 9:30 pm

We moved furniture today into the Hobbit House then we cracked a bottle of fizz and toasted various points. Went to my head a bit. Very pleased with the results. Will post photos as and when.
Zosherooney
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop