pastel de nata

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: pastel de nata

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 14th, 2018, 5:54 pm

It's a rare treat for me too, but I did stock up on essentials (brazil, almond and walnuts), Whole Earth peanut butter, set honey and Nairn oat cakes amongst them … Oh and something called Pimientos rellenos de bacalao … simply because I had never heard of it … :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 15th, 2018, 7:01 am

Oooh the pimientos sound lovely Patsy ...something to use with dried cod? ... let us know what they’re like and what you decide to do with them .... :drool:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 15th, 2018, 7:34 am

I opened the tin yesterday evening … about 4 pimientos stuffed with (minced?) cod and in some sort of sauce .. they needed to be heated up, so I only had one to taste … not overwhelmed - one of those things better made fresh I think :| ;) :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 15th, 2018, 8:45 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:I opened the tin yesterday evening … about 4 pimientos stuffed with (minced?) cod and in some sort of sauce .. they needed to be heated up, so I only had one to taste … not overwhelmed - one of those things better made fresh I think :| ;) :rolleyes:

But it was one of life's little adventures :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 16th, 2018, 9:10 am

suffolk wrote:
PatsyMFagan wrote:I opened the tin yesterday evening … about 4 pimientos stuffed with (minced?) cod and in some sort of sauce .. they needed to be heated up, so I only had one to taste … not overwhelmed - one of those things better made fresh I think :| ;) :rolleyes:

But it was one of life's little adventures :D

OH yes ... if I hadn't bought and tried it I would never have known ;) :lol:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 16th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Well we tried the frozen Picard ones at unch time and they were gorgeous. Every bit as good as the ones our Potugese neighbour used to bring us. They have to be cooked in a very hot oven for 25 minutes - then left for 10 or so before eating.

They will be added to the list of great things to have in the freezer :chops: :chops: :chops:
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop