Milk and More

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Milk and More

Postby Meganthemog » July 21st, 2018, 1:26 pm

I have been a regular customer of Milk & More for many years - they have changed their name a few times. My milkman is brilliant and delivers to me 3 times a week milk, bread and bacon.
This morning my bacon arrived with a Use By date of 09/07/2018.
I know that my milkman gets his supplies from the hub and then makes his deliveries, so it isn't his fault. I don't hold him responsible for checking every single label and milk bottle top!
I have spoken to the customer care centre and a very charming man has taken all the details and will be getting back to me. He was very apologetic and said he was going to raise it at the highest level.
I will let you know the outcome.
Apparently M&M could be fined up to £5,000 for selling out of date perishable food if I decided to go to Trading Standards.
Meganthemog
Registered

Re: Milk and More

Postby Meganthemog » August 29th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Not sure if anyone is interested but this was the outcome. A representative from M&M turned up on my doorstep with a branded cool bag filled with their products from kitchen roll to luxury fruit cake about 40 quids worth I would guess. Lots of apologies and assurances that it was a one-off.
My last delivery of bacon had a 7 day shelf life - not brilliant as if I buy from the supermarket it has about a month or more. Maybe I will cancel the bacon and just stick to the milk.
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » August 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Nice result!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » August 29th, 2018, 8:32 pm

Yes, a bonus of goodies, I am glad to pick my own shopping :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby StokeySue » August 29th, 2018, 10:02 pm

Good that they took it seriously
We don’t get milk and more round here - I had to look it up. There wouldn’t be a lot of point given the number of shops and the lack of suitable doorsteps in many roads
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop