I have a cat!

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: I have a cat!

Postby Meganthemog » September 11th, 2018, 9:01 am

Buddy update: He's still limping badly, so I'm keeping him on a very short leash (metaphorically). He's desperate to get out despite the rain and makes a run for it whenever possible! Add to my crazy life at the moment - not used to having 2 more bodies in our tiny cottage with the arrival of DD and GS last week. They will stay until her house is ready.
GS has a rather nasty genetic disorder and gave us a scare over the weekend - we spent 48 hours in PAU with suspected neuroblastoma - fortunately we got the very good news last night that he is in the clear. I feel like I have been through the wringer :scared: It's DD's birthday today and we will be going for a celebratory meal tonight - lots to celebrate :luv: :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby Busybee » September 11th, 2018, 9:08 am

So pleased that it was good news re your grandson MTM, have a great celebration tonight.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 11th, 2018, 11:00 am

Megan ... so pleased GS is in the clear :D :tu: lots to celebrate indeed ... enjoy :hug:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 11th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Enjoy the well deserved celebration Megan. :hug: :hug:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 11th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Thank you all. We know that we are going to have issues in the future but this one took us all a bit by surprise. It makes you realise just how amazing our NHS is when you see them in action. :luv: :luv:
My DD showed us just what an amazing person she is - she's such a strong lady - I am in awe :kneel:
We will be raising our glasses tonight :cocktail: :cocktail: :cocktail:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby uschi » September 12th, 2018, 4:22 am

I am glad to hear that things turned out better than you feared!!!
I'll be raising a glass with you from my end of the world!

uschi
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 21st, 2018, 12:49 pm

OMG the saga continues! I took Buddy back to the vet yesterday as I was concerned he was still not using his right back leg. Turns out he has broken his ankle and ruptured the ligaments - poor little guy is such a trooper.
So this morning I have driven him to the orthopedic surgeon in Bristol University veterinary college where he is undergoing surgery. He will be fitted with an external cage to hold his leg together and then in 6 weeks time we will take it off and hope that he can walk.
This is going to set us back between £2500 to £3500 :terrified: :terrified:
His other mum has said that she doesn't want to be involved any more! So I am now the official owner :luv: :luv: And I will love him til death do us part.
There goes my spending money when I go to New York in December!
So please light a little candle for my lovely Buddy and hope that he comes through this ordeal unscathed.
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 21st, 2018, 1:04 pm

Oh Megan. I think you are a hero but I also think the previous owner is totally irresponsible and should be prepared to make a contribution, even if small.I'm afraid it is far too easy for people to own pets and give up as soon as anything goes wrong!
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » September 21st, 2018, 1:07 pm

Sending much love to Buddy and you Megan, the times we hear the same story at Cats protection about people who no longer want their cat when they need expensive vet treatment :( Thank goodness you have now got sole ownership of him.

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 21st, 2018, 1:31 pm

Buddy bad leg.jpg
I suspect it was her husband :twisted:
As my OH said - it's only money. We are not wealthy but we do have a bit put aside for emergencies and this is an emergency.
I can't believe how the whole family are in love with him! :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 21st, 2018, 1:38 pm

What a fortunate cat Buddy is ... he's found a family :luv: ... not just owners.

Irresponsible pet owners make me furious ... they'd better not come anywhere near me .... shame my dear slightly dippy Aunty B isn't as strong as she used to be Meganthemog ... she'd soon sort 'em out for you :twisted: :whip2:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 21st, 2018, 1:50 pm

suffolk wrote:What a fortunate cat Buddy is ... he's found a family :luv: ... not just owners.

Irresponsible pet owners make me furious ... they'd better not come anywhere near me .... shame my dear slightly dippy Aunty B isn't as strong as she used to be Meganthemog ... she'd soon sort 'em out for you :twisted: :whip2:

We should all have an Aunty B! :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 21st, 2018, 1:51 pm

Bless little Buddy (who looks just like my Noah by the way!) :luv: The Gods were looking out for him when they urged him in your direction. :hug:

I hope he makes a good recovery with his little cage thing.

As for those other people, well....hooe they can look at themselves in the mirror in the mornings. :evil:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 21st, 2018, 2:41 pm

Buddy is so lucky to have found you in his hour of need. I can see a bit why the other owners don't want to be involved as he clearly has chosen you. I hope he makes a good recovery, poor boy. :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 21st, 2018, 4:33 pm

Hells Bells MTM !!!!!! I would have hoped that the original owners were a little more generous, so had the cat still been theirs, what would they have done ?????? The mind boggles.....

Buddy is sooooooo very lucky to have found you ! :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 21st, 2018, 4:54 pm

He's out of theatre and it went well. They couldn't pin it as there was a small bit of bone that was too small to pin, but he has the external frame holding it all together. They hope that it will stablise itself over the course of the 6 weeks. Apparently he's being a very good boy and his nurse Izzy said that he was her favourite cat of the week :luv: :luv: I bet she says that to all the boys! :lol:
I am off to have a large gin and tonic as I've been up since 5 - it was a two hour journey to get to Bristol by 8.30.
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 21st, 2018, 5:10 pm

MTM you can have mine, you deserve it. Can you not approach the original owners again about a contribution ?

Glad to hear the op went well :tu: :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 21st, 2018, 6:26 pm

Pleased to hear it went quite well. I too wish i could et my hands on the original owner! :luv: :luv: :luv: to you and Buddy.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 21st, 2018, 6:36 pm

Well done Buddy, you and the vet! :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 22nd, 2018, 9:25 am

Vet update this morning. Buddy is comfortable but not a very happy boy. He's not liking being touched which is very unlike him. He's having his dressings changed later today. Please send your good vibes for my boy. :hug: :hug: :luv: :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 22nd, 2018, 9:31 am

He probably doesn't trust them yet ... bless him ... hope things go well for him :luv:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Bubbles » September 22nd, 2018, 10:48 am

He is gorgeous! Fingers and everything crossed for quick recovery. You are a special person Megan. :hug:
Bubbles
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 22nd, 2018, 12:36 pm

Have PM'd you.....MTM
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » September 22nd, 2018, 12:44 pm

and what will they do when he resumes his visits? he doesn't know that they've passed the responsibility to you.
scullion
Registered

Postby Meganthemog » September 25th, 2018, 7:48 am

scullion wrote:and what will they do when he resumes his visits? he doesn't know that they've passed the responsibility to you.

I am hoping that by the time he is mobile again - about 2 months or more - he will have lost the urge to go there. They say that if you move you only have to keep them in for 2 weeks.

Buddy is now home and living a restricted life in a puppy training cage. He is comfortable and eating and grooming happily. He has an external fixater on his leg so has to restrict his mobility for the next 6 weeks until it is removed. He has had lots of love and cuddles from us all and is lapping it up! :luv: :luv:
Meganthemog
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 25th, 2018, 7:52 am

Glad he’s as comfortable as possible and that he continues to know which side his bread is buttered :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Seatallan » September 29th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Late to the party, but just wanted to tell you what a total and utter star you are dear Meganthemog. :kneel: :kneel: :hug: :hug: :luv: :luv:

Buddy is an incredibly lucky cat and I know he'll make you and Mr Meganthemog very happy. What a dear little soul he is... :luv:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Previous

Return to The Coffee Shop