Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Postby suffolk » September 5th, 2018, 10:37 am

earthmaiden wrote: I sometimes wonder if the amount of choice we are given contributes to increased cases of anxiety.

I think there's no doubt about that EM. Have you ever watched folk buying laundry detergent type stuff? The consternation on some of their faces ... :rolleyes:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 5th, 2018, 10:56 am

Hello
Earthmaiden I think I must be odd, every one of those hot drinks sounds disgusting to me. Admittedly I can’t stand the smell of hot milk, which rules out a lot

I got some feather (blade) steaks in my Ocado order, had one beaten out and seared, then made the rest into a bouef bourginon. Two portions in the freezer :chops:

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 5th, 2018, 11:08 am

Chinchilla_lady wrote:
suffolk wrote: there’s a prawn curry in the Sept W’rose mag he wants to make.

So do i, let me know how it goes please :drool:

Went very well from my point of view ... delicious ... a great slightly 'sour' taste which I really like. OH prefers a 'rounder' flavour and says that next time he'd add some butternut squash and possibly some coconut milk. He halved the quantity given as it was to serve 4, but what resulted wasn't a lot for our 'healthy appetites' ... he says next time he'd cook the full amount of veg etc for four but with half the amount of prawns (if that makes sense). Fortunately last night was the night the ice cream van comes around here, so we had pudding and didn't starve :chops: :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 5th, 2018, 11:49 am

Good afternoon everyone,
Nice and sunny her earlier but clouding over now.
My nephew is coming for dinner tonight, he's well over 6ft, built like a pipe cleaner and has hollow legs so takes some feeding. :lol: Hopefully chicken wings, corn cobs, sweet potato wedges and bbq baked beans will fill him :) , if not there's ice cream in the freezer....
I had a bit of an eek moment yesterday afternoon when I accidently toughed what I thought was a HUGE moth that turned out to be a tiny and somewhat bemused pipstrelle bat. It must haveflown in the previous evening and then got stuck. With the aid of a soft brush I managed to persuade it onto a cane and I popped it in a shady part of the garden, it had gone when I checked later. :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 5th, 2018, 12:01 pm

A member of a local social media group has posted some photos taken in Pissouri and its environs in 1988. It is fascinating what is not there, which is almost everything. When we lived in Pissouri we lived just off Kiladou road, in the photos it is just a track. There were only two tavernas down in the Bay, not much better up in the Village.
There are some wedding photos, the sort of weddings where money was pinned on the bride and groom, the money come in envelopes now.
There are comments from Cypriots saying" that's my Dad in background", also some reminisces from British people who spent their childhood there.
If you remember the series Soldier, Soldier some of it was made in Pissouri Bay.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 5th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

We are going to change our supermarket day. It was do dreadful this morning, Utter chaos with unstocked shelves small people having violent temper tantrums :wave: and stiff more intereseted in their friends than their customers. We were both nervous wrecks by the time we got through the checkout. We stopped to talk to a friend on the way out. she used to work there but even she was asking what on earth was going on.

On a happier note the friend who had the encounter with the wild boar back at Easter is now back home and more or less mobile. As he says he won't be running a marathon any time soon but as he was very close to loosing his leg that's progress. now we must help him get back to village life and introduce him to our newest neighbour, a very nice German lady who works in switzerland as a translator. I'm planning on a meal soon. :bounce: :bounce:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 5th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Pleased to hear your friend is recovering well now Rats ... it's been a long time :shock: Are you matchmaking? ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 5th, 2018, 12:58 pm

suffolk wrote:Pleased to hear your friend is recovering well now Rats ... it's been a long time :shock: Are you matchmaking? ;)

Yes - he needs a woman in his life but up until last years his mother bu****ed up every single relationaship he had.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 5th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Good news about the boar victim Rats!

Moira, we have a local guy who runs social media groups called History of Stoke Newington, he collects and shares many old photos, often fascinating. Wish the trolley buses still ran. Was surprised to discover the little lodge that is now my corner shop was only added to the rest of the cemetery park long after the rest was built, think it was the show room for the monumental mason
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 5th, 2018, 1:13 pm

liketocook wrote:I had a bit of an eek moment yesterday afternoon when I accidently toughed what I thought was a HUGE moth that turned out to be a tiny and somewhat bemused pipstrelle bat.
I read that after trying unsuccessfully to get a humming bird hawk moth off the inside of the fly screen, I will try again this evening.
Rats, I know what you mean, sometimes you wonder if the manager is more interested in their social life than their customers.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 5th, 2018, 2:18 pm

suffolk wrote:
earthmaiden wrote: I sometimes wonder if the amount of choice we are given contributes to increased cases of anxiety.

I think there's no doubt about that EM. Have you ever watched folk buying laundry detergent type stuff? The consternation on some of their faces ... :rolleyes:

And the same applies to light bulbs. And just when we were all almost getting used to the chaos, my mum tells me there is soon to be another light bulb revolution. It'd be easier to go back to candles! :lol:

My kitchen overlooks our communal drying area and was until recently being used as a camp site. That tent has been gone for a few weeks now :tu: So how refreshing today to see the new mum in the downstairs flat hanging three lines of washing out to dry. That's what it's there for! :bounce:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 5th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Light bulbs!!! I've resorted to going to the wonderful hardware shop in the centre of the city and presenting them with a bulb whilst looking confused and they find me a suitable replacement :rolleyes:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 5th, 2018, 2:50 pm

I did that in Rynesd but they didn’t have anything suitable in that branch (should have gone to Islington)

I ordered B22 bayonet fitting LED bulbs for my bulkhead lights, but the glass is too big to fit in the casing. I’ve now found a site that gives the diameter so I’ll try again b
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 5th, 2018, 3:32 pm

Oh yes, light bulbs .. :(.

Your shopping trip sounds horrible Rats, I hope that a change of day improves things. Good news about Wild Boar Man.

Mention of trolley buses reminds me of watching them from my grandmother's window when we visited. She lived at the top of Heath St in Hampstead. I've been back there in recent years and the road is so narrow there I wonder if my memory is playing tricks. I'd love to know if they ran up there or whether the picture which has been in my mind for over 60 years is pure imagination!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 5th, 2018, 4:27 pm

We had cream and maroon corporation trolley buses in Portsmouth, cheaper than the green and yellow Southdown buses, but of course they didn't cover all the territory
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 5th, 2018, 6:31 pm

Please don't start me off on light bulbs we have 4 different fittings in this house and it is a total nighmare.

I hear from a friend that someone - a local lady had a panic attack in said supermarket this morning. None of us has ever known anything like it.
Olivier said there was nearly a riot as none of the shelves was stcked and no one could get anywhere. Sommething just has to give and, as far as i am concerned it is not going to be the customers. :scared: :scared: :lol: :lol: I'm waiting for a national new report!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 6th, 2018, 5:37 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. Rats, is it to much to hope that Head Office will be told about the state of the local supermarket, is it affecting their profits yet.
Deb has another appointment in Limassol this lunchtime. I carefully booked my mail order items so that my packages would be at the DHL office this morning, so far the items still seem to be at Larnaca. I have a couple of hours in hand. I also have to go to the main Post Office. Deb ordered some embroidery threads, the postman delivered two Jiffy Bags and the official form asking her to collect the third package from the PO. Why is it at the PO?

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 6th, 2018, 6:29 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Moira :) isn’t it wonderful how everyone there conspires to prevent you from getting bored? ;)

When I’ve had my coffee (no sign of it yet tho) I shall get up and put a chicken and leek casserole in the slow cooker so it’s ready for our supper when I get back from rescheduled trip to see DS.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 6th, 2018, 7:06 am

Good morning wild ones. We had sunshine yesterday and we have sunshine at the moment albeit cool. Shopping day again today, it soon comes around :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 6th, 2018, 7:53 am

Morning all! Online shopping drives me scatty - coordinating the delivery is fraught with difficulty and inconvenience wherever one lives. Living where I do I can make use of delivery to local collection points which helps with some things a bit.

I suppose if the chaotic supermarket is the only one available then customers will bear it for longer but it does seem badly managed. Are the shelves empty because goods are not being delivered or because there is some problem getting them onto the shelves before customers arrive?

A lovely sunny day. The last of the cleaning to finish - only the bathroom and endless limescale :evil: , yet more admin work (honestly, I play a small part on two committees, have been trying to organise some theatre tickets and have two family birthdays coming up and between them my time seems to have been completely taken up this week :rolleyes:) and yoga tonight. Hoping there'll be time for a nice walk somewhere.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 6th, 2018, 8:10 am

A frustrating time at our local supermarket mainly caused by various types of Cypriot male. The sort that gets to the till, queries most of the prices then disappears on errands of his own, there were various other crimes but I will not bother to list them.
Lemons and other citrus fruit are difficult at this time of year, we are waiting for the new crop. I could have bought green lemons but they are not worth it, no juice. I am happy to buy imported, usually from Argentina lemons but there were none available. I almost bought what I thought were some round lemons then realised that they were unripe oranges.

Rats, it occurred to me, is your supermarket in financial difficulties? We had a similar problem here when one of the major chains was going bankrupt. Suddenly we could not buy well known brands of yoghurt, there was a limited selection of fruit and vegetables. The firm, Orphanides went into liquidation owing money to a lot of small producers and their employees. Some of their shop premises and associated malls are still empty. Mr Orphanides is still in prison.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 6th, 2018, 8:58 am

Good morning

We have sun, in fact it’s a nice late summer day, will need to water some plants

One reason I am quite keen on Ocado is that my local supermarket is rubbish at restocking shelves. Either they don’t put the stuff out or they don’t put the price ticket on. For example, I like to keep their wholemeal Toastie loaf in the freezer. I think they only have it at all about 1 in 3 visits, which is annoying but even worse they sometimes fill the shelf with another own brand loaf with an almost identical wrapper. I have brought one home without noticing before now. To find either I have a different wholemeal loaf or a white Toastie. And so on and so forth. Grrr

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 6th, 2018, 9:14 am

Morning all.

Supermarket chaos sounds horrible! As if supermarket shopping couldn't be frustrating enough with such experiences as we have all griped on about on here endlessly in the past. I am finding recently that what used to be a fully stocked fresh fruit and veg section in Sainsbury's, these days you are lucky if half the crates have anything in them. What's that all about? Sometimes the RTC fruit and veg has more in it than the rest of the section, and even then very sub standard, e.g. over priced minute slushy strawberries last time I looked. Is this the shape of things to come?

I was getting ready this morning to leave for a 10am GP appointment to receive a phone call from the surgery advising me that my GP has phoned in sick and can I make a 1pm appointment with a different GP instead. I'm not fussed which GP I see, so that's fine, but this is becoming another worryingly frequent occurrence.

Oh well, gives me time before I leave to do a couple of chores.

The sky is blue so am looking forward to my walk!

Have a good day!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 6th, 2018, 12:06 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
Our local FB is full of mutterings about our "new look" Morrisons, narrower aisles etc. I can see things getting fraught at peak times!
Hope you got the moth relocated Moira ;)
This morning just disappeared! I had an errand to run, various chores needing doing and I spent far too long working out and setting up a new-to-me phone my friend gave me. Got there with them all (just about) I think :)
A real mix of heavy showers and lovely sunshine so far here so I'm hoping it stays long enough to get brambles and tomatoes picked.
My nephew ate a huge dinner last night - he's home alone at the moment and between work & college, I think he's been eating a lot of quick & easy things. He can & does cook but is missing his Mum sorting out the shopping (she's away for 3 weeks), meal plan etc. I think he may appreciate the juggling she does a bit more when she returns :lol: I've promised to make him "mince & tatties" next week. :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 6th, 2018, 12:19 pm

All the parcels/packages have been collected, it would have been quicker but I got in wrong stream of traffic and got thrown badly off my route. Then I could not park at the Post Office, no change there. We don't know why that package was delayed, it contained DMC threads but it was labelled as coming from Sweden depite being supplied by a British firm.
Good stuff from Lakeland as usual, I particularly wanted a couple of Ingenio pans, they have a detachable handle which enables you to put the pan in the oven. Supper has been reorganised, it will be a frittata, I cannot usually get the pan under the grill.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 6th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Good Afternoon wild ones. I went to the supermarket in sunshine, opened the car door and woosh, down came the rain and it hasn't stopped since :lol: Fortunately I had a hat in the car. The beasts are curled up on the sofa, they are going nowhere it seems, they don't do rain. :lol: :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » September 6th, 2018, 3:08 pm

Afternoon All

Been a lovely day here, just started to cloud over with rain forecast later so I have taken a chance and not watered. A good friend gave me a huge bag of plums that were past their best for selling ( she and her OH buy half an orchard's worth of plums and apples and sell them at car boots) I have poached three 2 litre containers full, and while at said car boot scrumped about a pound of blackberries, so will make the cake featured in the Sept Waitrose baking pull-out(tomorrow).

Speaking of which, thanks for the review of the curry Suffs, I think I will stick to my t&t recipe for prawn curry instead. Mmmm, prawn curry, think that will be on the agenda this weekend. :drool: :drool:

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 6th, 2018, 4:12 pm

I've been busy celebrating being 61, did not do a lot except sit by the pool and read, went out for supper and watched the sun go down over the sea, ate calamari and a swordfish steak, nice bottle of wine.

Today we went to the local market where I bought a dress for €10 (Mr. Z chose it). Sat at a beach bar and sampled some red beer and half a litre of wine, caught the hotel shuttle up from Ischia Porto at 1.30pm had a quick swim then ate our buttie with some local wine. Mr. Z has again attempted Pickwick Papers and I have started White Teeth. Supper at the hotel tonight, basic choices but for 15 euros it's not bad for 3 courses.

It would seem that fungi season is just starting here, we would have liked to have gone on a 'hunt' but the rules are very strict. There are not many licences issued and they are expensive. Most of the crop are sold to the restaurants and dishes are expensive - Fungi Mafia !!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 6th, 2018, 5:28 pm

Hello folks :) I'm home :) lunch with son consisted of coffee and a guided tour of their new business premises ... the decorators are in at the moment so it's all wet paint and varnish, but it's going to be amazing :) Fungi season is starting there and the parasols are appearing ... it's a great site for them (a very old air base ... no fertilisers on there since the year dot) .

I came home via a very good farm shop and picked up a free range chicken and some other meat for tomorrow and the weekend ... no need to visit a SM now B)

I shall collapse on the sofa for five minutes then serve supper ... chicken casserole which has been chuntering in the slow cooker while I've been out.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Hi I'm still alive - but only just today,

Afraid we have had a repeat of the hooror storm of a few weeks ago. To cut a very long story short we had a slight power cut this morning - enough to make it impossible to buy the stuff we bough in Frech, all their computers were down. Same at the pharmacy - couldn't pick up my prescription

Got home everything on , started lunch then the most almighty bang I have ever heard - and we have heard some. Absolutely everytthing off until 15 minutes ago. So we are talking nearly 7 and a half hours, I am now really scared. Absolutely no communication.

I am beginning to feel we are living int he wrong place. I truly never thought i would feel this. Something has to be done. :terrified: :terrified:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 6th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Oh Rats :hug: :hug:

It does seem bad that they can’t maintain the power supply. And the storm level is astonishing
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 6th, 2018, 7:28 pm

Rats :luv: :hug: :luv: Hope you can feel the love heading your way :hug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Amber » September 6th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Scarey Rats! I hope things are soon back to normal for you.
Amber
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 7th, 2018, 5:14 am

Good Morning Wild One, those storms sound scary, Rats, why the electricity problems? France is not part of an undeveloped backwater.
We are expecting storms in mountains this week end so we may get power cuts and the edge of the rain.
The weather has changed in the last 48 hours, on Tuesday evening it was so hot and humid that we had to turn on the A/C in the sitting room. Last night it was 8 Centigrade cooler, we did not even turn on the fans.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2018, 5:50 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Hope the Rats household has had a peaceful night and that life returns to normal quickly :hug:
Unbroken blue sky and golden sunshine here ... but definitely an autumnal feel to the morning here in Norfolk.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 7th, 2018, 5:59 am

It has clouded over in the last 45 minute, it probably will not c0me to anything.
Effie has just come, apologising for being emotional. Hari, her youngest has finished his National Guard Service. Together with other parents she had a personal letter thanking her for her son's service. NG service is compulsory, it is difficult to get decent employment without discharge papers.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 7th, 2018, 6:52 am

Good morning wild ones. It's raining :D today i should have British gas coming to service the boiler an central heating, it should be between 8am and 1pm. I bet it will be closer to 1pm :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2018, 6:57 am

Either that or they’ll be knocking on the door in three minutes Ice
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 7th, 2018, 7:20 am

I think I mentioned that I recently received £30 compensation for a missed appointment from British Gas. I had cancelled the appointment some weeks earlier :? :).

Morning all! Very sunny and lovely this morning. I have a hospital appointment and night shift tonight but the bit inbetween should be pleasant.

The electricity business is a worry Rats. Are phone lines dependent on electricity? I keep a basic old fashioned handset which doesn't need plugging into electricity for such emergencies ( you do need to make sure you have emergency numbers written down and saved somewhere obvious!). Of course, you can't call local friends unless they have the same. There are rural places here who get quite a few cuts - especially if there is lightening. If a storm runs across the country when we are at work we can watch pumping stations pop out one by one and realise that very often residents will have had those blips as well when they report no water ...or power. It is a rare event here in the town. It is very worrying that so much relies on a robust electricity supply these days.

Congrats to Hari, Moira! The family must be very pleased.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby jrc » September 7th, 2018, 7:25 am

Hello :D

Been very busy this week. :?

The property that has the subsidence has had the pile driving done, the external brickwork has been completed and the windows have been going in this week. :D

The internal work still needs to be done and the hallway redecorated but in about four weeks should be good to go.

I have also been looking at another business deal all week and hope to shake hands on it later today. :D

Rats :hug: that sounds very scary. I remember when our previous home got hit by lightning whilst we were in it. Very scary and surreal. :terrified:

Hope everyone is ok. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 7th, 2018, 8:51 am

Good morning everyone,
Rats :hug: :hug: , I hope things are calmer now.
Back to bright & sunny today so intend to make the most of it. Brambles didn't get picked yesterday so that a "to do" for today. Some more of the annuals have gone tatty so I'll get them hoicked out & composted but apart from that I think I'll just enjoy a seat in the sun with my book (though I might need a cardi) as I reckon there won't be many more days left this year suitable for lazing in garden :D .
liketocook
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 7th, 2018, 8:56 am

Morning everyone :wave:

We had a decent night's sleep at least and feel happier about life now we have electricty and sunshine!

The whol area was affected in one way or another for lengths of time varying from 3 hours to this morning. Everyone is furious

It seems the system is just not resillient enough to cope with events such as we had yesterday. It was a sequence of isolated violent electric storms whch all struck the ground at some point. The media are saying it was very unusual but not unknown at this time of year. To have two such events within the space of a month is deemed to be very bad luck - not joking!! The infrastructure is clearly not good enough . We are all rather sick of being headline news.

The problem with our telephones is that France/telecom becasue ?orange changed all the systems and almost all are now reliant on a connection with the internet and of course that is reliant on electric supply. We have absolutely no mobile signal at all in the hameau but they won't accept that and say we could all have a booster but guess what - that needs electricity. One of the younger fold jumped into her car and drove to where she could get a signal to try and fing out what was happeneing. All she got was a computer telling her the power was off! She tried the Mairie but guess what they didn't have any power ot mobile signals either.

We have been promised action today. None of us is holding their breath .

I could feel the :luv: :luv: Heading our way so thanks for the thoughts.

Now must go and finish the damson jelly i started yesterday and look forwards to some kippers for lunch :drool:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 7th, 2018, 10:05 am

Good morning
Good to hear you are having a better morning Rats

We have sun but I’ve just realised it is quite cold and I need socks as my ankles are chilly
Must go out and post a birthday card soon

Have s good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2018, 11:15 am

Glad you're having a better day Rats :D
The wind's getting up here and lots of big cumulus clouds, but at least the patches between them are still blue 8-)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 7th, 2018, 11:52 am

I was checking LIDL's site for next week's offers. Guess what, it is not French, Italian or even British week but Russian week! That shows where the power and influence is going. There are also a lot of reduced cleaning materials, I shall be buying them.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 7th, 2018, 12:13 pm

Afternoon all,

I was laying in bed this morning wondering why my alarm clock was going off I was in that much of a deep sleep. Hit snooze then shot out of bed shouting to my self 'job centre!!!!!' Amazing how you can get ready and out the door in ten minutes when it normally takes a leisurely hour!

Anyway, that's that out of the way, picked up my pink peppercorns which smell divine! Then a walk into town for a bag of Friday night popcorn. :chops: We have fluffy white clouds against a beautiful blue sky and a nip in the air so I have moved my spare throw into the living room so that I can have a snuggle with the TV. :grin:

Dinner will be the cauliflower cheese soup that I made in the week with crusty bread.

Have a great evening!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 7th, 2018, 12:17 pm

I spoke too soon.

Downstairs to finish my damson jelly and pop a cake in the oven, when comes a ring on the doorbell. It was a man from Edf who announced that the electricity was about to be turned off for about an hour "So they could change all the meters"

My face must have been a picture and in answer to my question "Why today after a more than 8 hours of cuts yesterday?" The answer came that it was planned for yesterday - again without notice - but they couldn't because of the storms. By this point we were joined - possibly attracted by my expletives in French anf English, by several neighbours, a well as Mr R who had been feeding the hens. The EDF man decided that perhaps discretion would be prudent. Mr R added he wouldn't like to be in his shoes if my cake was spoilt. Mr EDF departed having agreed to come back at a later date with notice. It is a good job I wasn't holding my rolling pin at the time.

The cake looks good, so does the jelly and the kipper were yummy!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2018, 12:28 pm

I guess the EDF chap has worked out that he's unlikely to get a slice ... ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 7th, 2018, 12:57 pm

― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 7th, 2018, 6:31 pm

suffolk wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45446899 :cocktail: :cocktail: :kneel:

:bounce:

I ditched the idea of having cauli soup for dinner as I had an enormous craving for muesli and fruit which I missed this morning due to my rush for the bus. So that's been eaten, and I have also arranged collection tomorrow (courtesy of my mum) of a small, square, pine dining table that I spotted on Freecycle. It means I will have to get rid of an unwanted item of furniture to make room, but I am ecstatic to do so because I think having a dining table is essential in a home, plus I already have four dining chairs, seat cushions and tablecloths. :bounce: It will join my coffee table in the sanding and treating project I have planned.

Right, cookery show indulgence starts here! :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop