Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Postby cyprusmoira » September 8th, 2018, 6:00 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. I made a pork dish last night, I do not know why I bothered, local pork is tasteless, talk about the triumph of hope over experience. As Deb said, the mushroom, wine and sour cream sauce was the best part. I think that I shall just serve the sauce with extra mushrooms and call it Mushroom Ragout.
Lovely morning here.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 8th, 2018, 6:04 am

Morning all, Bright warm and sunny here, we are off on a ferry to a local island today Procida, looks pretty and hopefully a little quieter than here. For a small island, Ischia, has a lot of cars and motorbikes, we have got used to peace and quiet and most of the Greek islands we have been to have P&Q. I do have to admit that the bread here is to die for. Much better than Greek bread. Mainly sough dough and some wonderful 'open weave' olive oil breads.

We have a 'holiday cat' we have called her Billie - as in Holliday, she is a sweetie and is enjoying the cat nip biscuits that my tribe refuse to eat. Last night she played with a lizard on the main balcony then ate it, much to the disgust of the rest of the hotel punters.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2018, 6:26 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
A dry and bright morning ... coffee is on its way :mug:
OH is at home today as he will be stocktaking Sun/Mon/Tues.
I have some minced beef for today ... it might transmogrify into a cottage pie ... I have some nice Maris Piper potatoes which will make a lovely fluffy mash :chef:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 8th, 2018, 7:28 am

Good morning wild ones. Rain here again. What a fiasco we had yesterday with British gas :rolleyes: The appointment was service the central heating/ boiler between 8am and1pm. Simple enough, the appointment was made in July. By 2pm no engineer had arrived :twisted: . So I telephoned to complain. Once I had jumped through hoops trying to get through the automated system and speak to a human being, I was told the computer had cancelled the appointment :twisted: :twisted: WHY !! Well, at the end of July I rang for an engineer as we had no hot water. The lady gave us instructions how to re pressurise the system, she booked an appointment for the following day but said if we managed to get it working call back and cancel the appointment which we did. What she didn't say was this would also cancel the service appointment as he would have done the service when he came to the breakdown :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: So I put in a complaint yesterday, in very strong language. So they are giving me £30 compensation and I have a new appointment for Monday between 12 and 2. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: What a system, it's a shambles.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 8th, 2018, 7:48 am

Thunder is rumbling up in the mountains, it is a bit early in the day, it is 10 45 am here, usually it waits until the afternoon.
I have sent a note to my SIL enquiring about dietary requirements when they arrive at the end of the month. I forgot to mention that Paphos only has a small airport, that can come as suprise :D

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 8th, 2018, 8:54 am

Morning everyone :wave:

We managed a whole night with current and without inclement weather. In fact it was peaceful. Though not before there was another almighty row up the road when their electricity was cut just as the kids were coming home from school. The leader of the revolt used some very choice language whch has improved our French vocab no end :lol:

As both Pascal, our trusted fruit and veg man and Jean-Claude the butcher are on holiday we didn't bother to go to the market this morning.

We watched The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society last night. What a fantastic film.
Je pense, donc je suis. - Decartes
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2018, 9:11 am

Glad that at least the electricity problems are providing some local entertainment Rats ;)

I ordered a birthday present for SIL to be delivered on the day (yesterday) by Amazon and paid £5.99 for next day delivery. Checking the Tracking yesterday afternoon revealed 'a problem' at the local depot and it was going to be dispatched again ... if it did not appear by Wednesday to let them know! :shock: :rolleyes: I was just about to send an irritated email asking for my £5.99 back when I checked Tracking again and found that it is now out for delivery and they're 11 stops away (although how far apart they may be goodness only knows). I think I'm still being reasonable requesting a refund of my Next Day Delivery charge ... after all, it was a birthday present and they knew that.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2018, 9:30 am

Interesting article http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/trattoria-r ... -1-5686168

once my jaw unclenched having read the appalling grammar/writing style.
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 8th, 2018, 9:46 am

Good morning everyone,
I'd definitely be chasing a refund suffs!
Grey, wet and not terribly warm here this morning so a day for indoors I think unless it clears up.
I have managed to splash tea through most of the house taking a cuppa to bed last night :oops: so will need to get those mopped. Apart from that I've no plans though might get the bramble vodka started and I really should do some i**ning :o
Looking at the forecast I think I might get some peas soaked overnight and get a pot of pea and ham soup made - it's definitely heading back into soup making season. ;)
liketocook
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 8th, 2018, 9:49 am

He sounds a bit as if he is spoiling for a fight, but he has a point Suffolk

I am a little tired of being told children can only eat chicken nuggets, fish fingers, pizza and pasta in tomato sauce, perhaps this is fuelling the obesity crisis? All that bland stodge rather than a balanced plate

I’ve almost given up on TripAdvisor, so many of the reviews are petty or misguided (American tourists complaining about slow service in France and Italy because it takes an hour to work through a set lunch for example, or slamming my favourite Berlin hotel for daring to have individual duvets rather than king size ones, normal in that part of Europe . But mainly the site is almost unusable, if you look up a place or a business, it then hounds you for a review for weeks though you decided not to go. But mainly because you can’t even read the reviews because it directs you to their booking system and not the reviews
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Sian » September 8th, 2018, 9:52 am

Hmmm.....not sure if I agree with him, children's menus don't have to be all chicken nuggets and fish fingers,surely there would be lots of waste with large portions?
Due to health issues I often order a starter as a main course...We always ask if it's OK to do so - so far nowhere has objected, they simply wouldn't get our custom if they did!
Excuse grammar Suffs. .. bad day 're pain... :rolleyes: :cry:
Well behaved women rarely make history.....
Sian
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 8th, 2018, 9:55 am

Morning all.

We seem to have had a fair bit of rain overnight. I have been so cosy under my duvet that it was only a buzz on my intercom that woke me. I shot out of bed. 'Hello? Hello!!' I could hear people chatting at the other end but no reply. A female adult and youngster walked away up the path dressed up in all their finery clutching books and bags..... :rolleyes:

Moira - any chance of that sauce recipe please?

What is it with British Gas? And customer service generally in this country at the moment? My mum tried to book her already paid for boiler service this week. She got one for November. 2019! I've told her to demand a refund for this year! I doubt she will, and I think many people would also feel uncomfortable doing so, and that's what they rely on.

Dining table collection today, a walk and probably meat free burgers for dinner with all the usual sides. For now, I fancy avocado, tomato and Marmite on toast with a pot of Earl Grey. Yum.

Have fun everyone!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 8th, 2018, 9:58 am

StokeySue wrote:He sounds a bit as if he is spoiling for a fight, but he has a point Suffolk

I am a little tired of being told children can only eat chicken nuggets, fish fingers, pizza and pasta in tomato sauce, perhaps this is fuelling the obesity crisis? All that bland stodge rather than a balanced plate

Oh I absolutely agree Sue! My two hated 'childrens' menu food' ... if they couldn't have a smaller portion of something on the main menu we ate elsewhere ... we all ate the same at home so why not when we were out? From a very young age DD would delightedly tell waiters that some of her favourite foods were smoked salmon and Stilton (not necessarily on the same plate ;) ) :tu:

DS had a school friend who, until he had left school and moved in with a girlfriend's parents only ever ate cereals, white bread cheese sandwiches, ice cream, fish fingers and tinned spaghetti ... that was his total diet!!! He wasn't on the autistic spectrum or anything like that ... just an indulged baby boy who took a very long while to grow up :rolleyes:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 8th, 2018, 10:14 am

I’ve mentioned before a 6 year old who in being served a suitably sized portion of a simple roast dinner announced she couldn’t eat it as it wasn’t children’s food She was persuaded that roasties were worth a try, and once started she ate quite a lot :tu:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 8th, 2018, 11:52 am

Floors are mopped and bramble vodka underway - time for a :mug:
41291238_10213167719130833_1274874450981945344_o.jpg
liketocook
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 8th, 2018, 12:28 pm

I have more than a little sympathy for the patron and I share some of Sues concerns over Trip Advisor.
The best way to deal with really rude and unfair comments is for the patron to reply , politely but truthfully to the posting. mannu our chef friend had such an incident earlier this year when an American poster was extremely rude about the length of service, the lateness of opening (in the summer it is 7.30) and the fact tht the fish was incorrectly cooked - ie not deep fried!!! In the middle of summer in a beautiful restaurant on a perfect evening this idiot wanted to be served at 6.30 and eat in 30 minutes flat so he and his overweight wife could go another "experience" - unspecified - for 8.00pm. Mannu suspected it might have been another restaurant :lol:

Then ther was the Michelin * establishment nearby who were slated for not letting their , sorry again American, child bring the Macdo's happy meal into their restaurant because he didn't fancy anything on their menu and they didn't have anything suitable for the brat. The children's menu was a choice of salad,then chicken, fish or steak grilled with either puree potatoes or pasta and a fresh tomato sauce followed by icecream or a fruit compote :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Their reply was rather more forthright!
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 8th, 2018, 12:59 pm

Yum ltc! Can I have some please? :chops:

I have just been to Iceland and had a good gander at their new meat free range. Much cheaper than the supermarkets. I'll be going back when my freezer stocks run low. :tu:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 8th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Funnily enough I was reading a review on Trip Advisor just last night where a Brit complained that his holiday had been ruined due to no cereal being offered at a German breakfast buffet. :rolleyes: . I think Trip Advisor can give one a feel if read between the lines but agree the constant follow up emails are intrusive.

I wonder if the Italian restaurateur will do well from the publicity. Many will sympathise. I find it annoying when taking GD out that places with quite a nice children's menu or willingness to serve small portions also have child picnic bags at child eye level. The sort where child can take a pretty bag and choose from brightly wrapped miniature items to put in the bag (which are far less nourishing then the proper menu). What 3 year old isn't enticed by such a display?

British Gas seem to be doling out £30 left right and centre!

Quiet night at work last night. Nice sleep this morning, now for the usual routine for the next one. I have cooked up some nice veggies to go with some mince and pasta I cooked yesterday (a RTC bargain so it will taste even better ;) ).

Hope the day's going well for all, bramble vodka sounds :chops:.
Last edited by earthmaiden on September 8th, 2018, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 8th, 2018, 2:30 pm

I can remember being in Liminaki in Pissouri Bay, the restaurant has since changed owing to the illness of the owner, it was an upmarket establishment. A mother and tribe of children came in, she demanded and I mean demanded the Children's Menu. Michael, the head waiter explained that they did not have one, he suggested that they try the Kastro next door. Mother demanded to see the manager, Sam came out of the kitchen and was harangued by Mother, he kept his cool, she eventually left very noisily.
There is a fashion for "Small Plates" which does very well for anyone with a small appetite.

Tezza, sorry I cannot give you a recipe for the mushroom sauce as I made it up as I went along but it was chopped onion, garlic and mushrooms, a large slosh of white wine, seasoned with S&P and a sprig of thyme, finished with a half a tub of sour cream.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 8th, 2018, 2:49 pm

Some kids don’t need a children’s menu. The owner and I were much amused by two (local, English) aged about 8 and 10 teaching granny to eat with chopsticks and what to order from the noodle bar menu. She was having a whale of a time
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 8th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Great day for us, 10.15 ferry of 15 mins to Procida, much quieter and on the other side of the island, no vehicles at all..... a lot of uphill walking and a vey noise wedding, it was a bit like mamma mia....... Had a wonderful lemon granita overlooking a very high and busy stretch of water.... fantastic memory. Walked down many many steep and narrow steps to vehicle free area and chose a harbour bar for an Aperol Spritsa and a large Peroni. It arrived with 4 different amuse bouche (crips, nuts and olives) It was hot and the sun was penetrating the large umbrella. My cotton scarf came out..... the waitress loved our accents so much we were treated to Bloody Mary ice cream....... :o :o :o Wonderful but could have done with more tomato. The L&P was there. Then we were treated to Chocolate Orange IC. I think it was made with seville orange marmalade, but wonderful all the same, so was the Basil, lemon and EVOO IC...... Well that was our lunch ! We caught the 4.30 ferry back to Ischia and organised the shuttle for 6pm so in the meantime, bought white wine, local pesto :chops: :chops: roast pork, chicken and potatoes and a lump of the most wonderful wide weave sour dough. So we have suppered on that and sweet was some strattichella biscuits with maraschino liqueur. :chops: It is 7.30pm and is still 29 degrees, apparently over warm for the time of year.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby aero280 » September 8th, 2018, 7:27 pm

One of our favourite restaurants in Germany does a very short children's menu of the normal sort of stuff, but in pride of place is the "Plat Nix". Described as an empty plate which you fill by pinching bits that you fancy from the adults. :D
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby Busybee » September 8th, 2018, 8:56 pm

aero280 wrote:One of our favourite restaurants in Germany does a very short children's menu of the normal sort of stuff, but in pride of place is the "Plat Nix". Described as an empty plate which you fill by pinching bits that you fancy from the adults. :D

The best kind of family eating, whilst my son was small he would look at the children’s menu but often ate what we did. He now eats everything and anything with the exception of mashed potatoes and celery!

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 9th, 2018, 6:19 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, no rain yet but it is only the beginning of September .
I love the idea of the German Plat Nix.

I mentioned yesterday Sam Kasaz at Liminaki, he was a man who gave up a good job to follow his dream. Sam was Lebanese and worked for a shipping company in Limassol, he married a Cypriot girl, her father owned Pepi's, the longest established taverna in Pissouri Bay. Pepi announced that he was going retire so Sam gave up his job and trained properly at one of the Swiss Catering schools. Pepis was revamped as Liminaki, specialising in Mediterranean cuisine. Because of his Lebanese background Sam was expert at spicing, his establishment was very popular, booking essential.
You will notice the past sense, Sam became ill, I suspect that he ignored his symptoms because he was busy. He died earlier this year. A great loss to the local area.

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 9th, 2018, 6:49 am

Good morning wild ones. Following on from th British gas debacle yesterday, I had a call in the afternoon to say they would come out today..Sunday to do the service :o OH said I must have really rattled their cage :lol: :lol
Have house seen the John Lewis/Waitrose advert with the school children doing Boheimium rapsody(? Spelling) it is brilliant :tu: :tu:
Last edited by icelesley on September 10th, 2018, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 9th, 2018, 7:59 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Love that ad Ice :D gotta love Miss Miller! :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby jrc » September 9th, 2018, 8:12 am

Morning all :hug:

Got to sort out a gift tomorrow. Our friend who is going to be 90 has all she wants and needs. We were struggling with a gift until I had a brainwave. I remembered a couple of years ago we bought her a really pretty paperweight. She was enthralled as unknown to us she has a coveted collection.
We tried to order a personalised one yesterday, put in her age and name etc but the preview came out all jumbled so we didn’t proceed with the order. I have all the reference numbers etc so will try and correct the order tomorrow.

Business day again tomorrow so head down. Hope to get all the work stuff together with housework combined with solicitor and another viewing done by lunchtime then Bob is working overtime in the afternoon I might get my cross stitch out if I get the chance. :D

Hope everything is ok. :hug:

Btw if I wanted to print out parts of a thread on here what would the easiest way without printing it all? Would I have to cut and paste or is there an easier way? :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 9th, 2018, 9:13 am

I know I logged off last night so what happened I don't know.
We and our uni friends are invited out for lunch today. The problem is that very few local houses are wheelchair friendly even getting to the door. This house has a large expanse of gravel and if you have ever had to push a wheelchair over gravel you'll know what I mean. Most restaurants have to be accessible by law. This may be so in theory but in fact accessible doesn't always mean welcoming.

I guess we will be eating in the garden and it is a lovely day. Mustn't forget the insect repellant , they are still biting. :scared: :scared:

Have a nice Sundsy all.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 9th, 2018, 10:19 am

Morning All,

Thanks for the sauce recipe idea Moira. I shall be trying that. :tu:

I had another success yesterday from Freecycle. Following on from about three months ago when a lady dropped off four pine dining chairs to my front door, on Friday I saw advertised a pine dining table, so we collected it yesterday. Amazingly, it was from a different person but matches the chairs! Me and my mum admitted defeat when we got it home. Between us we could barely lift it out of the car, so I nipped inside to call on a neighbour to help. As I was doing that, my mum was approached by two big beefy blokes in the street coming out of the Co-op with their Saturday night beers and grabbed the table and pretty much lifted it up the stairs for us using one finger each. :lol: Table assembled, it is perfect! But I need to do some living room furniture reshuffling as I am currently watching Saturday Kitchen Best Bites through the back of a chair!

First, brunch will be eaten at the table. A Christening if you like. :grin:

Enjoy Sunday folks!
Last edited by TeresaFoodie on September 9th, 2018, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 9th, 2018, 10:20 am

Have a lovely brunch Tezza :D :mug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » September 9th, 2018, 10:24 am

Good morning everyone,
Windy and showery here today and decidedly chilly. There was a gap in the showers so I nipped out and picked beans and tomatoes. Loads more toms ripe and more than enough runners & broad beans for dinner tonight.
Braised steak with onions, garden veg & mash for dinner. I'm also going to make a pot of pea & ham soup, a pan of mash and passatta. I'm looking forward to an afternoon pottering in the kitchen while listening to the radio. When I worked, Sunday afternoons tended to be when I prepped as much as could for meals during the week and while I don't need to do that now I still enjoy spending time in the kitchen if the weather isn't good. :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 9th, 2018, 11:00 am

jrc… you can cut and paste into a word document - that is if you have word … since I got uploaded to Windows10, I can't do that, so now, for instance if I want to save something from here, I cut and paste and send myself an email …….
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 9th, 2018, 11:09 am

Hello
Well done with the table Teresa. It’s nice when people help just because they can :)

Sad about Sam Moira, there’s no bad cooking in Lebanon I think

Trying to decide on brunch myself.

Have a good day
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » September 9th, 2018, 11:12 am

Not wishing to make myself unpopular, it is sunny and 30 degrees with a gentle breeze. Just changed into something cooler and ordered from the bar half a carafe of rather quaffable white wine. I do not plan anything too challenging this avo.

I have chosen Hunters rabbit for supper he is having prawns in congac, my starter is gnocchi in tomato and mozzarella, his is tomato bruchessetta.

I have heard that my two boys have given the cat sitters fuss but the grey one is still playing hard to get. Can't upload photo of Billie Holliday the holiday cat, file is too big....

Enjoy your Sundays everyone....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 9th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Hmmm somehow my intention of spending the morning in the studio hasn't happened ... I realised that there were several (8 or so) fat cobs of corn that really needed picking or they'd be past their best, so I've picked and shucked them and I'm making a soup for later in the week

https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/creamo ... soup_81627

While that's simmering I'm prepping veg for a roast chicken supper ... the FR chicken, peeled and chunked potatoes and parsnips and halved onions will go in the covered enamel chicken roaster with herbs and a splosh of cider ... the pot-roasted veg are delicious cooked like this, and I'll prep some runner beans from the garden to serve with them :hungry:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 9th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Some lovely food being discussed so far today. I'm with ltc in that I associate Sundays, specially this time of year, with homely food prep. Unfortunately I don't have any to do today!

And before I started to redistribute furniture around the living room, I realised that there would be no point doing so until I finished painting the top section of chimney breast that I haven't been able to reach in two coats of white to cover the ghastly burgundy underneath. Then the whole thing needed a coat of pastel rose. Alas, my mum has taken her step ladder home! I don't feel safe using one anyway. So I fashioned myself a climbing platform. Using my dust sheet to protect everything from splashes, dining table for resting the paint on, dining chair to hold on to while I keeled and then shifted myself up into standing position on my (very sturdy, thank God!) coffee table. Et voila! Job done. :grin: :tu:

I'll let that dry before getting myself into furniture mover mode. How very rewarding!

Makes the ceiling look more in need of doing now! :rolleyes: :lol:

Ooh, better clean up!
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 9th, 2018, 1:19 pm

Zosherooney wrote:Can't upload photo of Billie Holliday the holiday cat, file is too big....

Zosh, can you not send yourself the photo via email ? At some point in that procedure, you get asked what size you want it … I always choose the smallest. Then from email, save it into your picture file … then, you can back to WF and browse and choose the picture from your picture file ….. It may seem a bit convoluted, but that's what I do to get a photo from my phone onto WF ….;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Janet » September 9th, 2018, 2:25 pm

jrc wrote:................

Btw if I wanted to print out parts of a thread on here what would the easiest way without printing it all? Would I have to cut and paste or is there an easier way? :hug:

Try highlighting the bit of the thread you want printing. Then go to 'File', top left of browser window. Choose 'Print' and choose the 'Selection' option. Only the hightlighted bits should then print.

This is a Windows procedure. I have no idea about Macs.

Hope this helps

Janet
Janet
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 9th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Sounds as though you're coming along in leaps and bounds Tezza! You are creating a nice little nest for yourself :hug: .

Glad you sorted out the gift dilemma jrc.

I love autumn cooking - and it sounds as though that's what people are getting into the swing of now! A bit too busy doing other things here but hopefully it will happen soon. Time to get ready for the last shift of the week now - I have made a strange concoction to take to eat. I cooked up some veg that needed using, mixed with some chicken which also needed using and half a tin of tasty soup and topped with mashed sweet potato. Heated in the microwave in the middle of the night it will taste delicious ;) .

I have yet to work out how to highlight, copy and paste using the mobile phone. It often copies when I don't want it to but I have no idea what triggers it. One day, when I have :lol: nothing else to do I will read the instructions.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 9th, 2018, 3:14 pm

earthmaiden wrote:I love autumn cooking
Autumn, what is autumn? we must wait another couple of months for that. :D

I succumbed and bought a spiralizer, yes, I know that I am several years behind everyone else. Carrots are very hard work to spiralize. I had not realised that the vegetables had be a minimum width. Local cucumbers are too small, I have to pick the right size carrots but courgettes are OK. I shall continue to use my julienne cutter for shredded salad carrots but will add spiralized courgettes.
There was a good tahini based salad dressing recipe with the gadget. I shall add that to the collection.

More thunder today, according to the local paper there has been heavy rain up the mountains resulting in the usual landslides, it happens every year,the local authorities are prepared for it.

moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby jrc » September 9th, 2018, 8:04 pm

Thank you all. That is on tomorrow’s list. I will see how I get on. :hug:
jrc
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » September 10th, 2018, 5:07 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, there were a number of fires on the island yesterday including one caused by lightning strike! There was ash on the car yesterday morning probably from a grass fire at the back of the Kouris Dam. Luckily nothing here.
The schools go back today so there was more traffic earlier this morning

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 10th, 2018, 5:28 am

Good morning Moira and all :D :mug:
I just wrote a long post about the sky lightening, terriers being walked past and woodpeckers and Tomasz Schafernaker on the radio, but it disappeared ... you get the general idea of it don’t you?

It’s crossed my mind that anybody who has revealed himself to be a self serving repeated liar and serial cheat and yet still has ambitions of being elected to high office, must be even more of a self serving and totally self focussed unprincipled megalomaniac than he has already proved himself to be. :twisted:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » September 10th, 2018, 6:09 am

... or a plant to take people's attention away from the more serious stuff.

Morning all! Just finished work and I'm off to bed. I might have weird dreams involving the sky lightening, terriers being walked past and woodpeckers and Tomasz Schafernaker :lol: . See you later!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » September 10th, 2018, 7:19 am

Good morning wild ones. No rain today I hope. :tu: I have already been out to the surgery to drop off repeat script request. Now I am having my :mug: I had a night of waking every half hour or so. I was up early, showered and out by 7.30 :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

Postby StokeySue » September 10th, 2018, 8:36 am

Good morning
I am awake and the sun is shining
No lightning or rain here so far, in fact must water my plants
I seem to have slept a lot yesterday, overslept then fell asleep in front of the tv at about 8pm. Will try to stick to normal hours today

Talking of certain politicians some commentators think getting the personal stuff out of the way while not in a prominent office or running for one will mean that it will be back burner and so irrelevantvby the time there is a leadership challenge. I think they are right :(

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » September 10th, 2018, 8:38 am

:wave: All this talk of Autumn food … yesterday I followed a recipe from the Saturday tv mag from the Mail … (I know, I know ;) ) .. Curried Lamb, carrot and spinach soup (with Yogurt dressing that I didn't do as I don't do yogurt) … it was really nice .. involved slowly cooking a couple of pound of tomatoes and a large onion for an hour to form a sauce before dealing with the other items, all of which I already had. Beetroot and celery soup with horseradish and dill cream are also on the agenda this week. Cauliflower cheese soup with bacon crumb also features in the article :tu: :chops: :hungry:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » September 10th, 2018, 8:39 am

Suffs the mind boggles - well more than the mind where Tomasz Schafernaker is concerned and he is not the only weather person who appears to speak an entirely different language to the rest of us !

I'm afraid yesterday's lunch , apart from the company which was fun, was fairly dire. Not a single bit of fresh fruit or vegetable in sight. Firsy course was 3 different sorts of fish carpaciio. I managed 1 and Mr R managed to drop some of his. The whole meal was served with red wine despite the temperature being 30 in the shade. That was apparently because it went with the main course a rabbit casserole with olives and nothing else. Fortubately for me and our wheelchair warrior I had taken a bottle of chilled rose so when she declared she couldn't drink red it was opened and I was able to say I would keep her company. The crowning moment was when I was aked to serve the dessert which was a hazelnut meringue sort of thing topped with cream and curls of (melting) chocolate. I was given a large deep spoon to perform this task and ended up with chocolate coated white trousers.

We were woken by our mobile phone so Mr R had to hang out of the bedroom window to enable us to talk with GD who was ringing to tank us for her 18th birthday gift before she went into scholl. Another one where mobiles are not permitted. They have to be left in the boarding house.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » September 10th, 2018, 9:01 am

Morning all!

I've not been up long. I blame the allure of the 20 year reshowing of Classic Millionaire on Challenge until 1am :oops:

More decparting today! See what else might crop up....

Have fun! :grin:
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » September 10th, 2018, 9:23 am

Apparently any deficiencies in Tomasz's meteorological skills are more than made up for by his 'winsome smile' or something like that ... according to a couple of gentlemen friends of mine ;) According to Wiki "...In 2017 he was voted the most popular weather presenter in the UK in a public poll..."

Afraid I'm with you on that lunch Rats ... well, the main course and lack of veg anyway ... but I'm anybody's for a good hazelnut meringue :chops: :oops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop