Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIII AKA TONY

Postby Zosherooney » October 15th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Hard work but rewarding LTC, EM I think you are right, this time next week.......?

Well what started out as a quiet day has now escalated into a busy one. Wednesday was due to be a Patrick wood delivery day but that has now changed to today with a spell of sawing logs up as they are too big for us to reduce. Tomorrow will be an Oakfrith wood delivery (different wood). It's better as one load of wood will reduce the space to manage the other delivery, so they are now in the right order.

We are now the proud owners of a cat activity zone, it was gifted to our tribe from a friends daughter, it is 3 tiers high and the boys have investigated it, Griggia is understandably terrified by it !

We had a light lunch courtesy of W'rose and are now waiting for our wood delivery and the sawing up of larger logs. I have been instructed not to lift anything too heavy or do anything too strenuous.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 15th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Make sure you obey the instructions Zosh!

Pilates done and am now awaiting the forecast rain from the comfort of indoors. Someone at work was going to throw away two large bananas yesterday because they were very ripe. I have no objection to ripe bananas and hate waste so I took them. I had an urge to make bananas and custard with jam Swiss roll added (an old favourite) so made some and that's what I had for lunch :oops: .Guess the diet's not restarting today after all :rolleyes:. There's lots left. I am considering trying barre class at the Pilates studio tomorrow. The elephant is a graceful bird ,,,,,,

Time to get on with the chores ... :evil:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 15th, 2018, 1:12 pm

Zosh do what EM, your OH and I say please! And don't overdo it on the activity centre which I presume is actually for the cats :lol: :lol:
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 15th, 2018, 1:34 pm

Ratatouille wrote:Zosh do what EM, your OH and I say please!

Ditto!!! :whip2:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 15th, 2018, 4:31 pm

Thanks for your concern girls, by the time the logs came my way they were small and light so I had no option to over do it. We now have a combination of oak, chestnut and tomorrow will be beech and birch so a good mix to obtain the type of burn we want dependant on the temperature of the day.

Now in from the garden and sorting supper. Wuzzle kindly left Mr. Z some chicken, I don't think he liked the chilli in it :terrified:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 16th, 2018, 5:29 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, we watched the Simon Reeves Mediterranean programme. There are now official crossing points between Northern and Southern Cyprus, they have only been installed since we have been here. I was interested in the Turkish Cypriot who objected to the Turkish settlers. Genetically both sets of Cypriots are similar to other Eastern Med nationalities, the Anatolian settlers are different.
Although it showed snow on Troodos there was not much last winter. I mention this as we are having water problems, there is very low water pressure in the evening. I wonder if the village spring is drying up. I might pop in to the village office and enquire.

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 16th, 2018, 6:10 am

Morning Moira, you can have some water of ours, all butts are full and I have buckets full of the stuff. We enjoyed (as much as you can the subject matter) Simon Reeves, I like his form of presentation.

A mizzley start to the day, it's not quite raining.... We both got quite cold yesterday evening so if it stays this cool we may well light the fire this evening. The Fluffs will no doubt be in attendance !

No building dreams last night, I was in a friends bar with a large cocktail and had my hair done at the same time!

Another woody day, this lot will be going on pallets under the stairs of the Hobbit House. Not sure about arrival time, just going to keep our eyes peeled.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 16th, 2018, 7:06 am

Good morning wild ones. It's dry, no wind........yet :D today we have a visit to the vet's, beast number two is due booster jabs. If one goes they both have to go or they create. so if its a busy day there it's fun in the waiting room :lol:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 16th, 2018, 7:17 am

Morning all,

Seriously soggy out there and I have to get myself off out in it for volunteering. Well, it's a half day staff training session so I will get to meet everyone. Should be a better day than yesterday where Specsavers refused to give me an eye test as it has only been 13 months since my last one and it has to be 24. So I think I will have to go back to the eye clinic who discharged me back in June, see what they say, as I am ok for short and long distance with specs but not middle, i.e. VDU usage. Not fit for office work, even unpaid, until I can get this sorted. Everything seems to be an uphill struggle at the moment. Trying not to let it get me down though!

On a positive note, I dreamt I was very good friends and house mates with Benedict Cumberbatch and we went out and bought four hamsters. Where the hell did that come from? :lol: It was a very nice dream. :luv:

Have a good day everyone. :grin:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 16th, 2018, 8:19 am

Morning everyone :wave:
We can send you some wet stuff Moira. As you may have heard certain regions have more than enough, The TV news last night was very critical of Meteo France and it's inaccuracy. It reminded us of the famous "There's not going to be a hurricane" statement from Michael Fish.

We had to watch French tv last night because we had a glitch in the power supply last night which b%%%%%%% satelite signal. This morning it was back for no apparent reason which is a relief because MrR was gearing up to ask M Morel our tame fixer of all things electronic to get out his ladders.

Hope it goes well today Tezza. It will be good to meet the others. Have fun.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 16th, 2018, 8:20 am

:wave: Yoo Hoo ... 8-) ;) Just a quick catch-up before I do the necessaries for today … that is getting some Canadian Dollars, changing 3 tops I bought last week from Primark, buying next year's diary and all this after a mid-day session of Fitsteps . I am being met at Edmonton Airport by my friend's son … only met him once, when I visited them about 10 years ago :aww: :rolleyes: I have offered to dye my hair blue, so he can recognise me.... ;) :lol:

Edited to add that I had sorted out my winter clothes and trying to decide what I need to take ...then got a message saying the weather in Edmonton is about the same as UK at the moment, only without the rain. Seems I won't be needing winter woollies and boots after all :rolleyes: ;) :lol:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 16th, 2018, 8:48 am

Maybe a warm coat and woolie just in case Pat! When do you leave?

Morning all! I thought that you could get free annual eye tests if you worked with VDUs but maybe not. I have glaucoma in the immediate family and have always had free annual tests by telling them this. They have only ever asked who had it and not asked for proof.

Looking forward to a chance to catch up with Simon Reeve. Today is the Barre class :?, shopping, collecting GD from nursery, celebrating DS's birthday and a meeting tonight (which I might miss!).

Has anyone been watching Black Earth Rising? I have stuck with it but find it quite hard to follow and do not find the sound quality particularly good.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 16th, 2018, 8:58 am

I fly out on Thursday morning … I will certainly be putting a jacket or two in my case, but luckily my hostess is about the same size as me and I am hoping that she will be able to help out with anything warmer same as with hair dryer and tongs too .. ;)

I have been recording Black Earth Rising; not seen any episodes yet, but I might not bother now as I find so much on tv days these days with bad sound quality I have subtitles permanently 'on' :td:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » October 16th, 2018, 9:05 am

Good luck Patsy- hope it goes well and that despite the circumstances you have some fun en route. :hug:
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby miss mouse » October 16th, 2018, 9:07 am

PatsyMFagan wrote:same as with hair dryer and tongs too

The electricity is 110 V in Canada so your electric stuff won't work there.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby liketocook » October 16th, 2018, 9:24 am

Good morning everyone,
Good luck Patsy :hug:
Sunny here just now but rain is forecast for this afternoon due to arrive just as I'm heading to the hairdressers.
I managed to prune back a huge buddleia and a KIlmarnock willow yesterday afternoon so much left to do now before the gardens are ready for winter.
The happy couple have approved the party menu so "Operation buffet" is good to go :lol: :lol:
I roasted a large tray of tomatoes last night so I'll make more passatta today, I've still a couple of kg ripening in the conservatory and then that will be it for this years crop. I will miss having tasty tomatoes (until next year ;) )
liketocook
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 16th, 2018, 9:25 am

The water problems have occurred following leaky pipe being repaired, obviously the supply is turned off whilst it is being repaired. When the supply is reinstated the water flows to the lower end of the village first, we live in the upper village. Personally I blame gravity ;) One of the advantages of living in a village is that the water supply is the responsibility of the village council, they get affected with everyone else, so something is done quickly.

Small shopping miracle this morning, I managed to buy some lamb cutlets, they are too small to called chops. Cypriot lamb is a bit tough so I will marinade them in yoghurt and herbs first.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 16th, 2018, 9:28 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Late rising this morning :oops: :lol: love this being retired lark :tu:

It was damp and dull earlier, but there's a hint of brightness in the sky so maybe things will improve.

I'm having a Concorde pear from our espaliered tree for my breakfast ... absolutely delicious :chops:

Hope all goes well Patsy ... and good luck to Tezza too ... and :hug: :hug: :hug: for all who need them :)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 16th, 2018, 11:59 am

The complaints about Meteo France have multiplied today. We were promised sunny intervals and light winds today. What we have is a mini hooley and heavy rain :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Jules is not amused and has retreated to bed.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 16th, 2018, 1:39 pm

miss mouse wrote:
PatsyMFagan wrote:same as with hair dryer and tongs too

The electricity is 110 V in Canada so your electric stuff won't work there.

but my electric toothbrush will ? ;)
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 16th, 2018, 1:42 pm

liketocook wrote:I roasted a large tray of tomatoes last night so I'll make more passatta today,

Would this work for the tomatoes I have taken off my hanging basket ones ? I was wondering how best to keep them while I am away, but perhaps roasting them before I go, then slinging in the freezer ? (with some garlic cloves ?)
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 16th, 2018, 1:58 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
liketocook wrote:I roasted a large tray of tomatoes last night so I'll make more passatta today,

Would this work for the tomatoes I have taken off my hanging basket ones ? I was wondering how best to keep them while I am away, but perhaps roasting them before I go, then slinging in the freezer ? (with some garlic cloves ?)

That's what I do ... then when I have time I can turn them into something ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 16th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Afternoon all,

Well, that's twice in the same day that I have been woken up by a strange dream! Volunteering this morning was excellent! I could never have wished to be working with a nicer bunch of people. All very friendly and caring. They are in the process of organising their Christmas lunch later this year and their annual quiz night not long after that. It's nice being involved in something work related again. Anyway, I got home for lunch then nodded off in the armchair and found myself in the scenario that it was decided that this flat is too large for one person so a whole load of pregnant women, new mothers and babies had been moved in. :scared: Thank god that was just a dream, for now!

Now I have recharged my brain I had better get on with a 'real job' search! :grin:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 16th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Hello no class or work today so housw**k is on my agenda.
It is cool and damp here again we went from HOT to had to turn the heater on last night
in just a little over a week. :terrified: All the old farmers around here are saying we are in for
a long cold hard winter. :td:
I haven't had time to read back will catch up later. :wave: :wave:

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 16th, 2018, 4:18 pm

Wood has been delivered and stacked and paid for. Builder and his partner have been, washing machine will be temporarily relocated in the downstairs loo that the builders will have the use of over the coming months. Only change is the change in date of starting the job. It will now be the 29th October, he did not have a diary in front of him when he decided. Just told me a week on Monday. No big deal, just means we can catch our breath for a short while and the fluffs have another week of being able to use the Cathcart Hotel.

I have also used about a pound and a half of GH tomatoes in the Spag Bol I made earlier today. I just took the cores out and halved them in a large mug and wizzed them with my hand blender.

Is anyone else watching the special edition of the 60th Birthday of Blue Peter....? I think I was weaned on it...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 17th, 2018, 5:14 am

Good Morning Wild Ones< I have taken the recycling bags out to the front gate. I must now remember to take the bottles to the bottle bin.
I mentioned at the weekend that there were caterpillars on the parsley, there are five of them, all growing bigger :rolleyes:
Edited to add that the caterpillars have been photographed, I hope that they used one of their many legs to wave at the camera :lol:

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 17th, 2018, 6:21 am

We had our first fire of the season last night, it was like moths around a flame ! All the fluffs were in attendance, Mr. Z fell asleep in his chair at 9.30 after his supper of brill and veg. and I went up at 11pm and left the cats cosy in the lounge.

Nuther mole hill....... :rolleyes: Quiet day only a certificate to produce on the computer for a good fiends BIG Birthday coming up in November. I have bought 4 tickets to see Oddsocks production of Robin Hood and the Revolting Peasants in January, 2 of which are a present for her. She has everything she needs and lives a bit of a minimalistic life so I thought 'an experience' would be the best thing I could do for her. I have run the idea past her hub. and he thinks she will like the idea. We shall have some cake around her Birthday and we will give the certificate to her then.

I shall prep the downstairs loo for receiving of the washing machine and apart from sorting supper for tonight that is it. It's grey and dull out there.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby icelesley » October 17th, 2018, 7:17 am

Good morning wild ones. We too put the heating on last night :o the beasts were snuggled up to the radiators. Today it's dry and quite warm actually. :tu: I have a hairdresser s appointment at 9.30am to get rid of the grey ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 17th, 2018, 7:38 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

We had the heating on a couple of evenings last week, but haven’t needed it so far this week ... nice and mild here :D
Tennis is on again today after being cancelled last week for a funeral
... my knee is a lot better ... still sore first thing but easier after that ... shall I try the tennis again and see what happens ? I do enjoy it but don’t want to bu$$er my knees again ... :rolleyes:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 17th, 2018, 8:28 am

Morning everyone :wave:

We are promised some sun today, but then we were yesterday :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

We had an email from EDFthis morning informing us that the "White hours" (ecconomy time) is being changed to 9.26 pm until 5.26am - how bizarre is that? We used to be able to choose 2 hours at lunch time and 5 hours during the night. I suppose it's because fewer people actually go home at lunch time these days.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 17th, 2018, 8:31 am

Morning all! Just caught up on all the news. Hope your winter doesn't turn out to be too cold Mimi!

I have resisted having the heating on so far. I have been out quite a bit in the evening which helps ;). It's when I get into bed I always feel cold, thank goodness for the electric blanket. I wish there was a way to read in bed without having to keep one's arms above the covers.

Yesterday's barre class was quite good. A lot of exercise for everything below the waist. My legs aren't too sore today! I will go again. Later we celebrated DS's birthday with a caterpillar cake and GD solemnly singing a carefully rehearsed 'Happy Birthday to you' as she brought in a present. It was rather sweet. Went straight to a meeting of my women's group after that so didn't get in till late.

A whole day with nothing in the diary today! I really should do something constructive.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby dennispc » October 17th, 2018, 8:40 am

A bit late now Patsy but glut of summer tomatoes I cooked down adding a tin of plum tomatoes and some sundried ones after a couple of hours simmering pour (after some sieving) into sterilised jam jars.

I hope your trip goes well.
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 17th, 2018, 9:01 am

Morning.

Mild but raining here. Out for lunch with my mum in a bit. Then later on job search. And that's it!

Have a good day!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » October 17th, 2018, 9:23 am

No heating needed yet, I am still in short sleeved tops.
Deb has returned from an abortive attempt to buy anemone corms, the wild variety, a wishy washy mauve/pink flourish here. However she came back via M&S, it is highly expensive smoked haddock for supper.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 17th, 2018, 9:53 am

Our central heating system has not gone on yet this year. We will see how it goes......

Mr. Z. is leyllandi hedge trimming and I am constructing a chicken and mushroom filo pie for supper, stirfried peppers and onions to go with it.

Glad you don't ache EM :tu: Suff, don't overdo the tennis.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 17th, 2018, 10:35 am

Bang goes the free day. DS has offered to come round and do some odd jobs! Stunned and very pleased!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 17th, 2018, 11:53 am

Morning all. Heating is not needed today looks like a nice cool fall day.
I shall get out and enjoy it because they say more rain this weekend.
EM we shall just have to see how things go.
Ice I quit fighting my gray my hair grows so fast it was hard to keep up.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » October 17th, 2018, 12:06 pm

I gave up fighting the grey by the time I was 50. Much to the alarm of French hairdressers who , until I found the right one, always wanted me to go blond. I refuse to be bossed around by hairdressers :evil:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 17th, 2018, 12:26 pm

My hairdresser loves the colour of my hair now it's a natural white/grey .... the only thing is when I'm in the salon customers keep asking her to dye their hair the same colour as mine :lol:

I did as I was told :D and just had one gentle 20 min session of tennis and did not go to the supermarket and push a trolley afterwards ... so far so good. :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby nursemimi » October 17th, 2018, 12:46 pm

I started going gray in my teens fought it forever
But it is just to much work now.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby miss mouse » October 17th, 2018, 2:25 pm

A couple of school-gate friends had white hair in their 30s, it looked wonderful. One of them went a brown colour which was not a success.
miss mouse
Registered

Postby dennispc » October 17th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Zosherooney, for moles I read somewhere to buy one of those birthday cards that plays a tune when it's open. So open, stick down their run - they don't like it apparently. :?
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 17th, 2018, 2:52 pm

I love my white hair ... it's the same colour and styled like this

best-short-hairdos-for-women-over-60-will-knock-20-years-off_49.jpg

It's the best hairstyle I've had since my Twiggy cut in 1967/8 8-)
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 17th, 2018, 3:34 pm

For one moment I thought you said the picture was of you Suffs! I thought your face had undergone a dramatic change!

I shall stay brown until I retire and then see. Every so often I have highlights to prepare myself and I always hate my hair lighter. I can see I shall need a whole new wardrobe and make up bag to compensate for the change in colour :).

DS has been and gone. He fixed a shelf, stopped a cupboard door from sticking, adjusted the door to the loft, changed a fiddly light bulb and cleaned out the gutter on my single storey extension so is in my very good books at the moment! :luv:

It's been a nice day without any commitments. I am going to sort out supper soon and watch telly. Up early tomorrow for a team meeting at work :(.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 17th, 2018, 4:12 pm

earthmaiden wrote: I wish there was a way to read in bed without having to keep one's arms above the covers.

I have been known to wear a fleece back to front...

Good evening everybody … I am now all packed and waiting for my lift to the B&B at Gatwick … I am exhausted, having some very early mornings since the week-end while worrying about getting everything organised for my trip … The first thing I did Saturday morning was to convert my standard order for me medical bits and pieces to an urgent one … I thought the guy on the phone at the distribution did a great job .. and I have received more than one text/email telling me my order was ready for dispatch … at 1 pm today, I called them up, only to be told the my special pouches were out of stock and on back order :rolleyes: :evil: :evil: :evil: …. I re-iterated that I had received communications saying my order was ready for dispatch . I don't know how they did it, but they have just arrived - with an hour to spare before I leave the house ! Now I can breathe and start to relax ….. so see you all when I get home :wave: :wave: :wave:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 17th, 2018, 4:15 pm

dennispc wrote:A bit late now Patsy but glut of summer tomatoes I cooked down adding a tin of plum tomatoes and some sundried ones after a couple of hours simmering pour (after some sieving) into sterilised jam jars.

I hope your trip goes well.

Thanks Dennis … I slow cooked them with and onion and some garlic and thyme for 4 hours and they are now languishing in the freezer until I get back. There was lots of liquid, so I think I will be reducing that somewhat. ;)
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Busybee » October 17th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Patsy, have as good a time as you can. Now sit back and relax on the flight.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 17th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Those of you who are 'friends' on facebook will know that a couple of weeks ago, I thought I would slap a bright pink colour on my hair .. (I don't use permanent colour these days) … however as I was working the stuff from the tube into my hair, I'm thinking to myself that it didn't look very pink ….. that's because it was blue ! :rolleyes: :? :? My daughter had brought a selection of colours round to me a year or so ago, wanting me to dye her hair different colours .. The blue tube was put in the pink box. Left 'au naturel' my hair is lots of different colours; white streaks at the front, dark at the back and all colours in between, so I enjoy surprising friends and neighbours (and myself sometimes ) ;) :bounce:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 17th, 2018, 4:52 pm

earthmaiden wrote:For one moment I thought you said the picture was of you Suffs! I thought your face had undergone a dramatic change!

Whaddayamean EM? Are you saying you don't recall me looking that glamorous :shock: :cry:

;) :lol:

Have a good journey Pat :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 17th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Bye everyone :wave: :wave: :wave:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop