Innovations

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Innovations

Postby earthmaiden » October 2nd, 2018, 10:26 am

I go round with blinkers on so innovations which everyone else knows about take me by surprise. I thought I would start a thread so that others with blinkers could keep each other up to date! What gadgets have you learned about lately?

The other day I was told that certain designs of Silver Cross pram now have built in coffee cup holders for mummy's coffee.

Now I am reading about Jimmy Choo hiking boots which have a battery operated heating element in the insole where one sets the temperature between 25C and 45C via an app.
earthmaiden
Registered

Re: Innovations

Postby Seatallan » October 2nd, 2018, 11:55 am

Oh lordy.... talk about more money than sense! :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 2nd, 2018, 12:59 pm

Surely the point about hiking is that you wear good socks, and keep moving until warm? :?

It’s odd what people don’t pick up on though - a friend watched me doing laundry, and was slightly gobsmacked to discover those mesh laundry bags and colour catcher sheets, neither of which I’d be without, both of which I have been using for years

However I have just discovered pram clips. You can buy them online (and presumably in Mothercare) but they are cheaper in my local hardware / homeware / bits and bobs shop. I intend to try using them to clip my shopping trolley into the supermarket cart
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 2nd, 2018, 4:36 pm

I have never heard of colour catcher sheets :oops: .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » October 2nd, 2018, 4:39 pm

Where have you been EM ? :lol:
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » October 2nd, 2018, 5:01 pm

earthmaiden wrote:I have never heard of colour catcher sheets :oops: .

Try Savers or Wilko. The cheap ones work just as well as the expensive ones (Dylon) though at the moment Savers have a bumper pack on a good offer

You just put one in with coloured clothes to mop up any excess dye; I put them in the mesh bag if I’m using one as in my old machine they used to get stuck under the glass window. Also very handy to find out if new clothes do in fact run ( the lining of my newest skirt gallops)
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » October 2nd, 2018, 9:00 pm

Wot ? There seems to be a laundry language that I am not at all familiar with >>>>>>>>?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » October 2nd, 2018, 9:30 pm

Glad I'm not the only blinkered one Zosh :lol:. I can see that there are times when the colour catchers might be useful but I seem to manage without them. I am very careful when washing colourful new clothes. I understand how mesh bags can be useful too but have never used one.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Rainbow » October 2nd, 2018, 10:52 pm

Another one who's never heard of colour catcher sheets :lol:

I Googled to see if they are in Australia and found ''Choice" looked at them earlier this year as a new thing on the market.
They tested them in various different tests and were not impressed. So I won't rush to buy this innovation :lol:
Rainbow
Registered

Postby Herbidacious » October 3rd, 2018, 2:21 pm

I've hear d of colour catchers, but also carefully sort laundry, and if something is new and dubious, wash it on it's own at first or put it through a rinse and spin cycle. Having mostly absent husband helps laundry avert disasters too...

Not sure what you mean by mesh bags. The sort they sell to wash tights and bras in etc.?
Herbidacious
Registered

Postby KC2 » October 3rd, 2018, 3:36 pm

I haven't heard of colour catchers either ... must investigate!
KC2
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » October 3rd, 2018, 4:10 pm

I've heard of them, and probably have some somewhere, but never think to use them as a preventative to colours running … :aww: :oops:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » October 3rd, 2018, 8:55 pm

I found out through a friend yesterday that there is an attachment you can buy which can be fitted to a walking stick s9 that it can be hung from the back of a chair or the edge of a table if it doesn't already have a curled over handle. I must get my mum one for her stick. She's forever trying to prop it up then grappling with it when it slides to the floor.
I either win, or I learn
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Amber » October 3rd, 2018, 9:15 pm

I saw a smalll gadget yesterday, that goes on the end of a normal walking stick, changing it from a single pole to a small tri (quad?) stick for better balance.
Amber
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » October 4th, 2018, 6:28 pm

I use the mesh bags for spinning a hand washed lambswool sweater.
I learned to my cost that spinning it naked (the jumper, not me) resulted in a very tight dress rather than a loose sweater.
WWordsworth
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop