Alarm clock recommendations

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Alarm clock recommendations

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 26th, 2018, 10:17 pm

I need one. :grin:

My mobile phone is not 100% reliable (or is that my hearing?)

My dad's been calling me at 7am to make sure that I am up, but it disturbs his wife who is still sleeping at that time.

So, alarm clock shopping on Saturday it is!

It can't be a ticker or a hummer. :rolleyes:

Is there such a thing as a non ticking, non humming alarm clock?
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Re: Alarm clock recommendations

Postby suffolk » November 26th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Ive got a little Goodmans mains radio alarm ... think it cost around a tenner ... once I’d worked out how to work it it’s been fine. Totally reliable and it doesnt hum or tick.
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 26th, 2018, 10:50 pm

I’ve got this one from Argos
Cheap and cheerful
Battery operated but they last ages
I like it because it does 24 hour clock (I don understand digital that isn’t 24 hour, but you can choose)
I can press the button for the light and pick it up and read it without specs

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/5327410
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 26th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Sue has mentioned something important IMO. I had a cheap digital radio clock which finally died and went and bought another. When I went to bed I realised there was no way of dimming the digital reading as there had been on my previous one. I have to put it facing away from me as it is very bright. Whatever you get, make sure you can dim the digits! Sue's looks good. I have not noticed any digital bedside clocks ticking or humming.

I do like a clock radio even though I usually set my phone for the alarm (you can usually change the volume of the setting - maybe you had it quiet or even mute!) because I get up at different times each day i have pre set a lot of times on my phone and have to make sure that the volume is right (and switched on) on each one. One setting has a lady who speaks the time as well as the alarm tune going off - that's quite effective!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2018, 7:04 am

I agree ... being able to dim the display is important ... my little Goodmans has three settings. :)
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 27th, 2018, 7:06 am

1DB55A9A-77F0-45C0-A1D5-BB46C72690BB.jpeg

Here it is
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 28th, 2018, 12:27 am

Thanks for the suggestions. :tu:

I can see a trip to Argos happening Saturday morning before I pick up my new specs from round the corner.

I never thought about the annoyance of bright digital displays, so thanks for the tip off. I'll make sure that is a feature.

I've just reminded myself actually that I also need a couple of extension leads to make life simpler around the flat. In fact, now that my no longer required single bed is out of the way, I think I am going to be busy reorganising the furniture in my bedroom this weekend. Probably about the only time I wish I had a man about the house. :lol:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop