Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Postby suffolk » December 5th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Zosh!!! TMI!!! :shock: :sprout: :lol: :plink:
LTC ... sounds like a good day ... I’ll join you in your celebration :cocktail: :cocktail:
Sue :hug:

Ive had a quiet last few hours knitting and watching Jaws
:scared: :tu: Great to see it again as I knew someone who made some of the sharks ... it’s fun spotting ‘his’ sharks.
Now we’ve both had our bowls of Scotch Broth for supper and are watching a very old Startrek ... very self indulgent :D
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 5th, 2018, 7:34 pm

I'm currently watching Landscape Artist of the Year on Sky Arts. I know it's a repeat, but I seem to have missed the original showing :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 5th, 2018, 8:56 pm

Home at last
We did have to make a detour due to the armed incident - only a little one but the driver had to do a quick U-turn instead of cutting round the back of the community centre, which is where they were chasing a suspect over the rooftops this morning

There is a curse that says no member of the Stokey family can never leave a medical facility on time, we always have to wait for the pharmacy to issue the take home medication and there is always a snafu; of course there is, we are s clan of pharmacists and related professions :rolleyes:
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 5th, 2018, 10:08 pm

Evening all,

I'll read back in a mo and hoping you are all well! :hug:

I witnessed the height of laziness this evening after busting my own gut all day. :evil: (Can you sense a rant coming?) From waking until home was twelve hours which included a walk to get the bus after putting my rubbish out as it is bin day tomorrow, eight hours full on working and loving it, a trek across town to collect a letter from my GP, thought the exercise would do me good (it's a bit lacking at the mo) then got home, soaked through, needed Co-op, do laundry and have a shower, then remembered that the gent who lives up above me and who normally puts all six of our wheelue bins out each fortnight had told me he wasn't able to do this week post an op and I'd reassured him not to worry, I'll do my bit. So as I head out back to check bins to see if any of my five neighbours had beat me to it, was uncomfortably faced with ASB man's cuckoo friend out on the shared landing with a beer can in one hand and cigarette in the other <shudder> Avoided him, still went to put mine and post op man's bins out front as planned in the rain and pitch black. Couldn't get the gate open. All I can hear from ASB's flat is much guffawing and slurred drunk voices, and that's when I snapped! What on Earth am I doing, trying to struggle to put out bins that are undoubtably full of empty beer cans as usual, while grown, so called men, who had been here all through daylight today sat there laughing and p***ing it up? Fuming, I left the bins where they were, came in, locked my door and washed away my day in the shower, and calmed down a bit while I was at it. And relax.... :rolleyes:

Rant over! :tu:

Masterchef was good tonight! Looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Happy sleeps folks!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 5th, 2018, 10:54 pm

Glad you’re home ok Sue and you too Tezza
Sweet dreams all .... Zzzzz
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 5th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Zzzzzz....
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 6th, 2018, 6:08 am

:wave: :wave: :wave: Morning all, found out late last night that 'someone' had turned off one of my fridge freezers in the garage where the builders connect to the extension cable. I was not impressed..... There will be stout words later tomorrow when they are back. I think I shall have to get my roll of tape out !!!!!!

2nd lift of scaffolding goes up today (fingers crossed), rumour has it that there was a death in the family and things are running a bit behind. As we surmised, :evil: did complain to the council and we had a call.... Environmental are only interested in noise so cement will be mixed 'within' hours and laid (quietly) out of hours. We had had confirmation that this is within their rules. Only from past experience :evil: will lie so that's when the listening devices do their job. I shall have my 'equipment' out as well :tu: :tu: On a lighter note, the tree man will be here with his chain saw on Sat. pm. :D

Thanks Suff, feel quite a lot better today.

Sue hope you got home in the end and with a positive result :tu:

Rats, hope your friend got her treatment in the end, what a state of affairs...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2018, 6:26 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, another wet one here, fortunately there are not many people are on holiday at this time of year. We are having difficulty in getting the laundry dry, you get used to being able to put everything outside.

We were surrounded by builders when we first moved here. There were a couple of incidents with the electricity supply, on one occasion one of the builders hopped over the wall, unplugged the freezer in the carport and plugged in his drill. The best one was another worker who came over the back wall, entered Deborah's bedroom and plugged his tool into the socket in her bedroom. Niarchos, our developer was around on that day so I was able to go straight to him to complain. He dealt with the problem immediately

Moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2018, 6:31 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Glad you’re on the mend Zosh :D Good too that you and the builders have clarity on what can and can’t be done :tu:
Annoying about the freezer tho! :spank:

Important visitor for lunch today :D :bounce:
All is organised so we can have a lovely relaxed natter. OH is home as well so that’ll be great too :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 6th, 2018, 7:30 am

I have just remembered that yesterday when carrying 9 doors and having to use muscles, my teeth seemed to 'hurt', yes, I know that sounds odd but it did feel odd at the time...... The same area where your sinus's are, so explains the yellow water leaking out of my nose...... and the infection. Thank god for uncle biotics !

Time for more tea....

Have a leisurely lunch today Suffs. What will you be serving....?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2018, 8:18 am

Morning! Looks a bit damp out there but not wall to wall rain like yesterday :evil: .We had quite a lazy day which was nice but I did have a little walk.

Glad you got home safely Sue. It seems that people are always held up for a long time waiting for items from hospital pharmacies. It must be a busy job to work in one.

I always label my freezer plug. A cat sitter once turned mine off by mistake and was horrified when she realised. Due to the location of mine it's a useful reminder to me too! I think Zozh, that even the most patient neighbours would tire of loud tools and machinery all week and weekend. They'll be as happy as you when it's all done! Hope your medication kicks in soon :sprout:.

I'm off home today, time for coffee, toast and paper first. I love it here! Stopping off to visit some friends on the way home then must make myself unpack and get organised before I retire for the night. Busy days ahead :( .
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 6th, 2018, 8:18 am

Good morning wild ones. I still haven't put the tree up :o shopping today so it won't happen today either. Has everyone got their tree and Dec's up yet ??
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2018, 8:25 am

Menu will be revealed later Zosh ... guest may be looking in and it’ll spoil the surprise (not that it’s anything elaborate).

No decorations up here yet, other than the cards that have arrived. (Must get around to writing ours! We’ve had them for ages) We’ll probably put our decorations up next weekend ... probably ....
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2018, 8:41 am

Much too early for decorations. GD is coming to help me with mine on 21st.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2018, 8:46 am

Good morning EM :wave:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 6th, 2018, 9:55 am

icelesley wrote: Has everyone got their tree and Dec's up yet ??

not even considered it! christmas eve is soon enough if you ask me!
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 6th, 2018, 10:07 am

Mine are up. We like them to be up for Mr S's birthday (today :D ). Mind you, I also traditionally take ours down before NYE as I personally can't abide starting the new year with decorations/tree still in evidence. I like a nice, clean slate with fresh flowers.
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2018, 10:22 am

the Cypriot governments general inertia and missed management have lost the IPO for Halloumi tps://cyprus-mail.com/2018/12/06/a-seri ... trademark/

Patsy, you missed some terrible weather in Kyrenia /https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/12/06/heavy-rain-wreaks-havoc-in-the-north/

It is thundering again

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 6th, 2018, 10:56 am

cyprusmoira wrote:Patsy, you missed some terrible weather in Kyrenia /https://cyprus-mail.com/2018/12/06/heavy-rain-wreaks-havoc-in-the-north/ It is thundering again

Oooh errr … seems we are getting better weather here then ;)
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 6th, 2018, 11:41 am

suffolk wrote:I knew someone who made some of the sharks ... it’s fun spotting ‘his’ sharks.

Wow! :kneel: How can you tell which ones were his? :)
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 6th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Hello all!

I've got as far yesterday as draping a length of white tinsel around my desk computer screens, nothing going on at home yet. I have written and sent out three cards so far, then realised I am seeing those people next weekend so could have hand delivered them, and as the cards are those mini square charity ones, the stamps were worth more. :? Oh well! Must write the remainder out this weekend.

I've just downed a chipotle, bean and cheese wrap on reduced at Co-op last night 35p! :tu: Very nice too. Needs one of these to go with it. :mug:

As I left this morning it seems someone did actually put the bins out that I couldn't get through the gate last night, and there's me raging furiously. :lol:

Looking forward to hearing about your menu later suffs! :hungry:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2018, 1:24 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

The yellow jacket protests are set to get even worse - despite Macron's complete captiulation yesterday. I'm afraid , as usual, it is the general public who will be the ones to suffer, not to mention the environment. Our neighbour is thinking he might have to cancel his Christmas month in Reunion because the whole island is in total shutdown, running out of food and no fuel.

The supermarket was chaos again because "just in time" has turned into "whenever". You may not be able to find milk or butter but you can have as much caviar as you want and more varieties of single malt whisky than there is currently available in Scotland.

Our tree and deorations are absolutely not up yet.The wheat is planted and has sprouted alreday. Tree etc will go up weekend after next in time for the arrival of Pere Noel. My UK cards are winging their way via our friend and will be posted tomorrow

I hope the improvement continues Zosh , that you and, I assume a certain cat loving person have a lovely lunch Suffs and Sue doesn't feel too exhausted after yesterday's events/ procedures. :luv: :luv: to all.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 6th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Ratatouille wrote:he supermarket was chaos again because "just in time" has turned into "whenever". You may not be able to find milk or butter but you can have as much caviar as you want and more varieties of single malt whisky than there is currently available in Scotland.

That sounds like the modern version of 'Let them eat cake'..... ;) :shock: :rolleyes:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 6th, 2018, 2:01 pm

I was in Morrisons this morning by 9.30, usually its quiet at that time, not today...It wasn't as bad as Saturday afternoon but getting that way. The fresh cream had all gone that is of course assuming it had ever been on the shelf in the chiller, milk was also in short supply. But there was plenty of beer, wines and spirits and crisps :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » December 6th, 2018, 2:13 pm

We had np water this morning. I knew something was wrong at 5.54, when heard hub muttering, growlng and faffing about. Luckily, we always have a bottle of emergency water, so he boiled the kettle for a shave. I went to my art group with unwashed hair!! Shame on me!

No tree here yet, although I am making a christmas button tree with the grandkids on Saturday!

went to Tesco for my once a month stock up of stuff I can't get from Aldi or Lidl and discovered I'd forgotten my list. So this month it'll be a twice a month!!
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Another storm is in progress, the second today. We were sitting in low cloud at lunchtime, We managed to fit in a trip to the hairdressers between the downpours, we were both there at the same time, Pug was with us, she was photographed and will be on Valentina's Facebook page. Then a trip to the beach to walk Pug.

I did a routine shop this morning, would you believe it, I could not find Cyprus Sherry or any other variety of sherry, Like many people I use Dry Sherry as a substitute for Chinese cooking wine

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 6th, 2018, 2:37 pm

Had a lovely catch-up and natter with our visitor ... Earthmaiden :D on her way home from
visiting Cromer. It was lovely to see her :hug:
Lunch was quiche lorraine, potato salad and baby gem lettuce and vinaigrette, with little mince pies to follow. Sadly Chinch was unable to join us as understandably poorly pusscat needs her to be around at the moment. Hope she’s better soon Chinch :hug:
Have a good journey home EM :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2018, 2:50 pm

How lovely!! Pity that Chinch couldn't join you. Hope the pussycat is better soon.

Safe journey EM
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » December 6th, 2018, 4:37 pm

So do we , the vet however is browsing holiday brochures I think :rolleyes: :rolleyes: We are currently awaiting delivery of thyroid cream which is applied to the ears, (Nellie that is, not mine) however as madam is one of the furriest cats I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot, not sure how successful that will be.

Sorry that I couldnt make lunch and a good old natter, I love quiche :drool:

Sue, hope you are feeling better today

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 6th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Aah ! I did guess Chinch but not EM.... Glad you had a good time and food.

My bestest catty fiend dropped round a vat of HM tomato soup and we had a large bowl each. Such a caring person :luv: Tiger bread to go with it.

A snooze for me then a long hot bath - he jumped in after and said it was too hot :shock: We both feel loads better this avo. What a waste of a week !

Scaffolding has risen up and apparently a good view from the top. Builder back tomorrow....

After a failed oil delivery - the lorry broke - should be 1st thing.....tomorrow. Good job I was not desperate......

Chicken meatloaf and pasta for Mr.Z. mine will be in a wrap with some cheese and a side salad.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 6th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Home at last - everywhere is busy.

I can report that the quiche at lunch was heavenly. The most delicious melt-in-the mouth pastry and generous creamy filling - big compliments to the chef. Everything else was lovely too, wonderful hosts and a great end to my little break.

Sorry we weren't able to catch up Chinch. I do hope that puss improves very soon. :hug:.

I think I'm going to watch the last episode of Little Drummer Girl now with a nice cup of coffee as I have managed (with difficulty) to avoid discussion here and in newspapers so far. Then I'll unpack and get ready for the morning.

Rats - things sound dire :(. If only politics were simple.

Zosh - maybe not a waste of a week but nature's way of insisting you have a break? ;)
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 6th, 2018, 7:37 pm

Good neighbour indeed Zosh. Just bee listening/watching french news after the UK version. I honestly don't know which is the more depressing.

Mr R is my friend for at least 6 hours because I cooked him an andouilette for supper ! Men and their stomachs eh :lol: :lol:

Sleep tight all poorly people and animals
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 7th, 2018, 6:16 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, blue skies here but for how long? The journey to Pissouri should be interesting, there is a central cross country section, small shallow streams run across the road in some places.

Was anyone affected by the O2 outage?

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2018, 6:52 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Hope the journey is ok Moira
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 7th, 2018, 6:57 am

Shows how much we rely on them Moira,

Looks like a wet one for us out there today. I am assuming that bricks and blockwork will be placed on new higher scaffolding lift for the chaps to lay on Saturday. Then by close of play, a large percentage will be in place. Roof trusses are ordered and the remaining bricks built around them when they have been lifted in by crane. I've just had a thought, must run it by builder later on.... :idea:

Time to light my kettle...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 7th, 2018, 7:50 am

Morning all! A day of nativity, visiting, childminding, food prep and Christmas partying today. It's tipping down with rain outside which will ensure that my hair looks like a bird's nest and the rest of me a drowned rat. Sigh.

Have a good day folks!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 7th, 2018, 7:53 am

Good Morning Wild Ones. We have just had the most horrific rain storm, it was so heavy cars stopped on the road until it passed. I will not be going out today, more is forecast. :shock:
icelesley
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 7th, 2018, 8:01 am

cyprusmoira wrote:Another storm is in progress, the second today. We were sitting in low cloud at lunchtime, We managed to fit in a trip to the hairdressers between the downpours, we were both there at the same time, Pug was with us, she was photographed and will be on Valentina's Facebook page. Then a trip to the beach to walk Pug.

I have been sent a video on facebook showing the road down to the harbour in Kyrenia now a raging river !!! I think that was earlier in the week ???
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » December 7th, 2018, 8:11 am

cyprusmoira wrote:Was anyone affected by the O2 outage?

Not directly... … The plan was that my plumber was going to take out my bath (while I was in Cyprus) and install a shower - he supplied the tray and I was to choose and order the screen. Unfortunately I seems I ordered the wrong size so the job couldn't be finished. ….so on Tuesday phone call to Soak.com; order the correct screen on 'next day delivery' at an additional cost. No delivery on Wednesday or yesterday ! :( Call put in to Soak … they knew nothing about any delay and their records showed my screen was out for delivery; was put on hold while they contacted their delivery company …. no answer ! My plumber is standing by to arrive 7.30 tomorrow morning to finish the installation...……… I do suspect the 02 problem has something to do with it :aww: :? :rolleyes:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2018, 9:17 am

That sounds a real hassle Patsy :rolleyes: hope it gets sorted simply.

Ive a chicken in the fridge ... I want the leg quarters for something on Sunday so have the breasts to deal with today. I thought about Nadiyas crispy chicken https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/cr ... ecue-beans cutting the breasts into pieces ... but she uses thighs ... do you think breasts would dry out too much cooked that way?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 7th, 2018, 9:56 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Yet another sunny morning. Our handyman was supposed to be coming to attack the forest of vines and climbers which is covering the 2 houses like Sleeping Beauty's castle but his father is unwell so he's put it off until next week - unfortunate because the weather is set to change.

There are two parcels which need to be posted otherwise the family won't get their puddings and other local goodies in time for Christmas.

Did anyone else hear the item on Today about teachers in the USA being taught to use guns in the classroom? it was horrific.
It included one being told off for not shooting to kill a lad who had pulled a knife on another. :terrified: Twice in my teaching career I experienced such an event. It wasn't nice but I knew both boys very well and their parents so I was confident enough both times to tell them to stop - which thankfully they did! Both grew up to be respectable members of society.

Have a good day all.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby scullion » December 7th, 2018, 10:08 am

when i hear of things like that i always think of douglas adams and his 'hair dressers and telephone sanitisers'.
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2018, 10:08 am

Yes I heard it Rats ... horrifying ... I was thinking that they really do think that behaving as if it’s the Wild West is ok
... no wonder there are so many mass shootings ... they said 17 school shootings recently but I didn’t catch the timeframe... did you?

Edited to say ... 17 school shootings in 45 days ...https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/14/florida ... -2018.html

And they think more guns will help .... :shock: :!: :cry:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby scullion » December 7th, 2018, 10:15 am

if you look on wikipedia they have a timeline of the escalation of mass shootings in the usa - it's more surprising than i'd thought - the school shooting timeline is also frightening.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » December 7th, 2018, 10:24 am

that article was dated february, suffolk - there have been a few more since then!
scullion
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 7th, 2018, 10:27 am

Ah ... obviously looked at the wrong date ... :oops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 7th, 2018, 10:45 am

Good morning everyone,
Glad you got on ok Sue :hug: :hug:
Sounds like a lovely lunch suffs and EM :)
I didn't get round to posting yesterday as I was damp dusting for most of the day. Now enjoying a :mug: before starting round two :!:
It's cold a very windy here today so no excuse not to crack on with the clean up. I'm hoping the plaster work will be dry enough for me to lit the stove later but think I might need to wait util tomorrow. I've got the windows open just now to air the house but will close them in a bit and pop the heating on and see if that helps it along :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 7th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Lovely sunshine here...... Good news, one of my weekend brickies, his full time job got rained off so he hopped over here and is laying bricks at a rate of knots.... :D :D

I have venison in the SC (while the sun is out) I have made this....https://bethanykehdy.com/lavender-chick ... r-parfait/ expect I am not doing the parfait bit just leaving it as smooth pate. It tastes divine.... :chops: There is enough for my best cat sitting fiend and her hub who I should have cooked for yesterday.

I thought it a little odd the other day when I had not seen some of the shopping I bought whilst out collecting doors, he left it in the car !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well it was raining....... and....???? Roll on Spring........ AAAggggghhhh! Think I may have to count to 10...

Banana and tiger bread for brekkie, tomato soup and a cheese melt toast for lunch, Beef wrap and veg for supper.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » December 7th, 2018, 1:48 pm

I have just been made redundant.
Go quietly for an "enhanced payment" or go through consultation for the statutory minimum.
Anyone know if I can claim jobseekers allowance if I take VR?
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby Riocaz » December 7th, 2018, 1:54 pm

Sorry to hear that Wordy.
Sounds like you may be able too. But you'd probably best check directly with a CAB office.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... edundancy/

Also be careful taking VR if you have mortgage protection as it could invalidate the policy.
Board Admin and general dogsbody

It's always a good idea to follow the directions exactly the first time you try a recipe. But from then on, you're on your own. -- James Beard

Onwards and Downwards!
Can't login? Please try this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13153
Riocaz
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop