Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXIV ... Ulrika

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 7:28 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
Glad that Penelope skirted around you Moira ... hope there’s nothing too serious happened elsewhere :o
We have a friend who does not take any hot drinks Ma had a theory that he was frightened by an overhot bottle when a baby ... :x She always found an explanation for everything. I have noticed that it seems to be chaps rather than females who don’t take hot drinks ...
“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 30th, 2018, 7:30 am

Localised weather then Moira ? I have just taken the last of the rubbish down before the bin men arrive, it is just light and a clear and bright one here, again very mild, not a breath of wind unlike yesterday.

Builder will not be here today as he has a tooth being removed in hospital, I know that score...... Shame as the weather is perfect for laying bricks. Never mind the cats will have more of an outy day.

Still have a very sore throat and burning/hurty ears. We are meant to be going to this disco tomorrow night, might just put in an appearance, eat our curry and come home.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 8:13 am

Take it easy Zosh ... you don’t want to get run down and poorly before the winter really starts ... you’ve got a busy time ahead ... maybe a few days away in the sunshine somewhere would help 8-)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Busybee » November 30th, 2018, 8:14 am

suffolk wrote:Good morning all :D :mug:
Glad that Penelope skirted around you Moira ... hope there’s nothing too serious happened elsewhere :o
We have a friend who does not take any hot drinks Ma had a theory that he was frightened by an overhot bottle when a baby ... :x She always found an explanation for everything. I have noticed that it seems to be chaps rather than females who don’t take hot drinks ...

My son (22) doesn’t drink any hot drinks. He takes a flask of squash to work each day for breaktimes when all his colleagues (mainly older) have teas/coffees. My best friends daugheters (19 and 22) both drink copious quantities of teA, just like their mum. I wonder if it’s down to parents and learned behaviour? Apart from a coffee first thing I drink water the rest of the day unless I’m out and get offered a hot drink somewhere.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby icelesley » November 30th, 2018, 8:18 am

Good morning wild ones. It's damp, very still and not so cold this morning.........at the moment :rolleyes: we looked online for laptops. OH narrowed it down to three. So off we went to PC world to have a look decide and buy one. Simples .....No. Despite showing as in stock, only one was on display and none in stock. But they could order one it would be here in a week. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 30th, 2018, 8:44 am

Nice idea Suff but I would not go away during this build, which was why we had so many holibobs last year. Still the sun is streaming in the huge picture window we have in the bedroom and has put a smile on my face. I might nip into town as my Boots order is showing as ready for collection, I am sure Mr. Z will have a 'liquid' list for Lidls !!! The tea that has been delivered is doing the trick on my throat and I do need to buy some more soluble aspirin.

On holibobs, has anyone ever done a 'repositioning cruise'? Good/bad experiences???? This is when the ship moves from one seasons cruising to another seasons cruising. Some friends are wanting us to join them (when the build is over) on a RC.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 9:19 am

Zosherooney wrote:Nice idea Suff but I would not go away during this build,..

In that case, doooooo take it easy and look after yourself :hug:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 30th, 2018, 9:49 am

Good morning
Busybee wrote:My son (22) doesn’t drink any hot drinks. He takes a flask of squash to work each day for breaktimes when all his colleagues (mainly older) have teas/coffees. My best friends daugheters (19 and 22) both drink copious quantities of teA, just like their mum. I wonder if it’s down to parents and learned behaviour? Apart from a coffee first thing I drink water the rest of the day unless I’m out and get offered a hot drink somewhere.

BB

I think learning has a lot to do with it and even instruction
When I was growing up in the 50s and 60s it was taken for granted that adults would drink tea and young children were given weak milky tea with sugar to train them to drink it :sprout: One problem with this was that I never liked sugar in drinks and I took to coffee when they stopped turning it to syrup. But I never took to tea and it was a problem.

I remember being taken to tea at the house of some nasty old lady who thought she was posh. When Mum told her I didn’t drink tea, just milk, but would have water or squash if she hadn’t enough milk. She said this was nonsense, at my age I should drink tea, that Mum was being ridiculously indulgent. She poured me a cup of weak tea. I didn’t drink it, I did burst into tears, I was about 6

I remember in the 60s small children being given that weak milky tea in bottles and comforters as well as tippy cups, you don’t see that any more, thank heavens

I tried drinking tea later, and for a while could tolerate it with lemon, but I really don’t like the smell, it’s a shame, in cold weather it’s an easy way of warming up and staying hydrated.

No need today, it’s sunny :D
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 9:49 am

We have blue skies and sunshine ... I've decided to catch the bus and go to the market for our fish/meat/veg/fruit/bread/cheese for the weekend ... so much nicer on a sunny day than driving down to the supermarket ........... can I get anything for anyone? ;)
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » November 30th, 2018, 10:05 am

Morning all! An interesting divide between the 'designer' coffee drinkers (I am told that some makes of pram now feature a coffee cup holder) and the cold drink drinkers. At work, many of the under 35s start the day with tea or coffee but then drink cola, 'energy' drinks or water for the rest of the day. I am the only one who drinks coffee all day. I noticed in Sainsbury's that the energy drink section is now labelled as 'adult drinks'. They are huge business if my lot are anything to go by.

Up late as it's night shift tonight. Need to put the furniture back after Wednesday evening's visitors then get laundry up to date and dig out my case as I'm off to sunny Norfolk on Monday after a couple of hours sleep.

Not sure if there will be a lot of time but if anyone's around for a coffee or quick lunch on Thursday in Cromer or Norwich I might be tempted to fit it in on my way home, F. Might come if it's Cromer but probably not.

Take it easy Zosh and please don't spread your germs round the county too much :). :hug:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 30th, 2018, 10:11 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Glad all is well with you Moira. We have lost our sunshine and have very Scottish type drizzle for St Andrew's Day. The weather charts fot the whole Med region looks awful.

Hope you feel better soon Zosh. DS had had a lurgy which has gone on for nearly 3 weeks and nothing seems to shift it including the antibiotics which his GP gave him "Just in case"" :terrified:

I'm like Sue I can't drink tea , again mostly because of the smell. In my parent's house the teapot never got cold! Coffee was always hot milk with a faint hint of coffee :sprout: . I'm not a fan of any hot drinks at all especially if they are milky. I have two very small cups of seriously strong coffee a day and that does me. The only other hot drink I have ever enjoyed was Bovril. I don't even like mulled wine. DD doesn;t drink tea or coffee but she does like hot chocolate. DS drinks all tree.

We are going to lunch with the friends with whol we shared our 50th anniversary party. Unfortunately he is now very ill with advanced myeloma.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » November 30th, 2018, 11:18 am

Back from Pissouri, yesterday evenings bad storm seems to have been centred over the villages of Mandria, Konia and Paphos Airport. I was shown a video taken by a passenger on the way to the airport, the wipers could not cope with the hail on the windscreen.
It is only 14 C here.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby liketocook » November 30th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Good afternoon everyone,
I much prefer hot drinks to cold and I'm a real "tea jenny" these days. I'm not keen on fizzy drinks or squash but like chilled water or hot water and lemon. My elder son doesn't drink tea or coffee. He used to drink far too much cola as a young adult but mainly drinks water or squash these days. My younger son has always hated fizzy drinksof any type but recently has started having having the odd coffee. I think it does reflect how you were brought up, I can't remember not drinking tea though it was never sweetened but tea or coffee or fizzy drinks weren't something I ever offered to my kids.
It's still blowing a hooley here though dried up a bit thankfully. It's much colder today though. The first batch of logs arrived and also my new recycling wheelies so a busy morning for deliveries.
Just enjoying a :mug: before I go and clean the bathroom and have a quick sweep through.
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » November 30th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Afternoon everyone,

Just sitting here indulging in a tuna, mayo and cheese jacket for lunch, and where drinks are concerned, this has to be eaten with piping hot Earl Grey no milk. What I drink throughout the day typically depends on what I am eating at the time, other than that I am a tap water girl. Actually that probably stems from being absolutely penniless. I might go back to my fizzy mineral water! :chops:

We have had lovely sunshine and blue skies all day so far. I was walking to the bus stop thinking how lovely the journey in will be in the spring and summer. So many luscious views when the fog is not getting in the way.

Been doing some research on motor insurance fraud this morning as part of my training. I had no idea accidents were 'set up' to make money. I suppose that's just me being a bit naïve and not a motorist for a while. Scary stuff what some criminals get up to at the cost of everyone else. :evil:

Think I'll make another cuppa before I crack on! Catch you all later! :D
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Hello folks I'm back from the city ... I had to catch a later bus back 'cos I'd spent too long browsing in Waterstones and buying myself a treat ... I managed to vindicate myself by finding two stocking filler books as well :tu:

On the market I bought some monkfish for tonight's supper ... I'll wrap it in bacon and roast it and we'll have it with a bunch of fresh watercress from the market and some potato salad we didn't finish yesterday. For tomorrow I bought some beef short rib ... I'll slow cook that with a sticky oriental glaze, chard and noodles :chops: and for Sunday we've got a shoulder of lamb (blame Zosh :lol: ) and we'll have it slow roasted with potatoes boulangere and creamy leeks. There'll be enough left over for a Shepherd's Pie and possibly a 'sort of' lamb curry with apricots and yoghurt. There may even be enough for some Scotch Broth too.
I also bought some sausages for later in the week ... I've put them in the freezer. That's most of the week catered for :tu:

I also bought some delicious unpasteurised soft cheese from Suffolk http://www.whitewooddairy.co.uk/St.Jude.html and I'm having some of that with good sourdough bread, also from the market. :chops:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 30th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Just back from lunch and it is tipping it down. The friends we went to have a huge house and garden with lots of stone steps everywhere which are rather lethal when wet so I was very very wary getting back to the car by which time, of course we were soaked!. The house is built on the site of a Roman villa and the hameau is called after the family who owned the villa. They have quite a collection of artifacts which they have found in their garden and one of the walls in their kitchen is from Roman times. One of the other guests is a 96 year oldlFrench lady who was a couturier in Paris and there met and married an English man. Even at 96 she is so incrdibly elegant.

The forth guest is a professor of history and has a very arisocratic surname and was bemoaning modern manners in a very amusing way. He thinks the yellow vest protesters should be sent to the Chateau d'If. He also dislike people who wish everyone round the table Bon Appetite when the food is served - he considers that to be very pleb. Our hostess stopped herself from saying just that as the words were leaving her mouth :lol: :lol:

So all in all a highly entertaining meal.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » November 30th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Is there something about Paris couturiers? I met Ian in France’s neighbour, also a retired seamstress, when she was 100

Been to Morrison’s. This year both they and the actual florists have as suggested Christmas decorations that well known harbinger of spring, the pussy willow, some of them dyed unexpected colours :?

They also had “prepared gurnard” which I was tempted by, but they had been prepared by gutting, removing the fins and skinning and I didn’t fancy picking out the sharp bones as I ate it. When I have prepared gurnard myself I have ended up with skin on fillets, as do Hugh F-W and Rick Stein. Wonder if they sell many?
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Seatallan » November 30th, 2018, 3:50 pm

StokeySue wrote:Been to Morrison’s. This year both they and the actual florists have as suggested Christmas decorations that well known harbinger of spring, the pussy willow, some of them dyed unexpected colours :?

Yes, seems to be fashionable this year doesn't it? Noticed some at Tesco the other day (rather randomly dyed blue :| ).
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 30th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Sue, Jaqueline is not the only one we know. The lady we bought this house from (sorry about the garmmar)was a courturier for Givenchy then Dior. She is now 87 and still driving around the countryside !

Ah festive pussy willow eh? Now why didn't I think of that? :lol:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » November 30th, 2018, 6:26 pm

Evenin' all, Just woken up..... :shock:

Went to town and collected a new lippy and shimmer x 3 powder, picked up a bagful of imbibing liquor for Mr. Z :o I had a bobble hat pulled down over my ears which were beginning to ache.

We 'prepped' 3 wheelbarrows of logs in beautiful sunshine and warm temps. When I could stand the pain no longer I prepped us a light lunch, got myself a hottie and found the co-codamol and disappeared into my boudoir....Three hours later... voila ! earache has gone, just a highpitched hiss in my left ear. Sleeping awkwardly has left a pain between my shoulder blades. :rolleyes:

Lamb sounds good Suff, happy to take the blame..... can I bring mint sauce ???

Rats, your fiends home sounds devine, I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall.

On hot drinks..... I used to work with a girl who drank mugs of hot water all day. :scared:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » November 30th, 2018, 7:07 pm

See you on Sunday then Zosh ;) :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » November 30th, 2018, 7:33 pm

Reading back I was just thinking not one of the family has ever ever liked squash. The children and GCs always refused it at parties and events when it is inevitably served. I hated that Kiaora stuff and funnily enough. when I met mr R i discovered he did too.

Zosh it was quite an experience today especially when she, our hostess, started to produce some of the artifacts they have found, including more than half an amphora. The hameau was built on a clay seam which was used for making said vessels.

Hope the ears and throat are feeling better by tomorrow.

I'm off to watch last week's Little Durmmer Girl. Nite nite.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 1st, 2018, 7:03 am

Good Morning wild Ones, bright and shiny here.
There is a discussion on Wildfood somewhere about using biscuits on cakes. I had a post from Pinterest, it includes 10 recipes using Oreos

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 1st, 2018, 7:15 am

I e-mailed Patsy in Kyrenia and she sent me some photos, one showing amphora (for show) hanging on a wall. When we were last in Turkey, we were recommended to go to the museum in Bodrum, it was superb. It became abundantly clear why amphoras are shaped like they are - to fit in the boats that transported them. I think they have a wonderful shape to them.

Feel a bit better this morning, still coughing with sore-ish throat and lots of the 'green stuff' :sprout:

It's 'hissing' down, none of the fluffs want to go out, it should be stopping soon says the forecast....
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 7:45 am

Good morning all :D .... coffee is on its way :mug:
Yuk ... keep your germs over there please Zosh :terrified:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 1st, 2018, 8:15 am

Good morning wild ones. :mug: thanks for the coffee stuffs :tu: It's a bit grey and miserable this morning and quite chilly, but it's to be expected I suppose, it is the 1st December. My neighbours Christmas light extravaganza is turned on tonight, proceeds go to St Luke's hospice. :tu:
icelesley
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 8:27 am

Pinching and punching and White rabbits scattered liberally around ... :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 1st, 2018, 8:40 am

icelesley wrote: My neighbours Christmas light extravaganza is turned on tonight,

Our neighbours have already turned on their Christmas lights, they have a set around their front door. :D I wonder if the village will have Christmas lights this year? They usually attach them to the lamp posts.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 1st, 2018, 9:54 am

Morning everyone :wave:

The sun is shining again this morning. As we were saying at lunch yesterday the weather is weird but the climate change deniers are even more so.

I have a busy day in the kitchen today. Tomorrow is the yearly Champagne lunch as we call it after the visit to the local vinery's Christmas open house. I have the starter and a dessert to make. Mr R has just popped over to Mannu's to pick up the truffle he promised me. I have the chestnuts to cook and puree and the veloute to finish. Then the parmesan sables to make to go with it. Then 12 mini pavlovas to make ready to garnish tomorrow with cream, fresh pineapple and preserved ginger.

I have enough chicken left to make some sort of curry so will make some fresh naan breads.

There has been a reminder sent round that "excessive exterior illuminations are discouraged and will incur a surcharge on the electricity consumed!" Flashing pere noels are apparently not welcome :lol:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 1st, 2018, 10:23 am

Good morning everyone,
Well my son didn't win the "Young Engineer" award :( but was the runner up :D :D , I'm very proud he was nominated and he looked very smart in his suit & bow tie. :luv: He's coming up this weekend so I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
It's tipping it down (again!!) but due to dry up a bit later so I want to get out of the house for a bit. Apart from that I'll be setting up my indoor log supply. I haven't clue what's for dinner, my son can choose and we'll take it from there :)
liketocook
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 10:49 am

Congratulations LTC and to your son ... that's fabulous!!! :cocktail: :cocktail: :kneel: :D
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby liketocook » December 1st, 2018, 11:09 am

suffolk wrote:Congratulations LTC and to your son ... that's fabulous!!! :cocktail: :cocktail: :kneel: :D

Thank you suff - the boy did well :D
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » December 1st, 2018, 11:16 am

Morning all!

Everyone seems to be in good spirits today and quite rightly so too! :hi5: Anyone with sniffles :hug:

I've just tackled the rough weather up to the hair salon. Me and stylist are toying with ideas on something between a graduated bob and a pixie cut for my next cut in three weeks. I've been researching and keep finding references to long bangs. I'm not entirely sure but I think that's what I want! :lol: I've left that one with her! Now going to dry my shorter locks in preparation for town where I'm having lunch with some of the girls I met on the food safety course. I was planning on eating, but having just indulged in a Christmas Baileys coffee with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles I don't think I should bother!

I wonder if the sun will make an appearance today. It's not looking likely.

Bye for now! :grin:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby StokeySue » December 1st, 2018, 11:37 am

Good morning
Grey and wet but not cold here
Well done ltc’s young engineer! :hi5:
Need to go to the optician and the butcher and get my walk in
I’ll get wet
Also need to do some stuff on the PC, might actually need to do that before I go to the optician, or I won’t be able to see the screen after she modified my specs
Making a mice Gulyás (goulash) tonight, got some lovely looking shin of beef :chops:
Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby scullion » December 1st, 2018, 11:50 am

Zosherooney wrote:When we were last in Turkey, we were recommended to go to the museum in Bodrum, it was superb.

yes, very good museum, been twice. they sell a very good book about amphorae (the packing cases of the ancient world) classifying them by shape - which can tell you the age, where they were made (and sometimes by whom), what they contained and in what quantity.
it also gives the working practice/methods and the 'wage' of a master potter and that of his assistant - mainly food and drink.
very useful book for an essay at uni - along with one on archæological shard dating.

it is possible, but unlikely, that the amphora shard at rat's friend's villa was actually made there, more than likely the contents were consumed there.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » December 1st, 2018, 12:14 pm

LTC, how well your son did! Congratulations. :kneel: :tu:

Hope you enjoy your lunch Tezza :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 1st, 2018, 1:16 pm

Well done ltc's very talented son. Lovely to hear of positive news from the NE.

Scully there is a makers mark on the part amphora which was found at our friends and according to the history porff it is local. There is still a thriving ceramic industry in these partsusing the same clay body. Florring tiles are still a local industry. Apparently when an expat bought a house in the same hameau their renovations unearthed a mosiac floor - they concreted over it because they wanted to carpet that part of the house!! Saying that such things are two a penny round here :scared:
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » December 1st, 2018, 1:56 pm

A quick :wave:! ! A lovely December day here, goodbye to gloomy November.
Have read back, glad that Zosh is gradually on the mend. Delighted for ltc's son. Interested in the amphora discussion.

Last night started badly with an hour in a jam on the motorway following an accident. Thankfully I don't think there were casualties but it took 3 fire engines, several police cars and an ambulance to sort out. Busy getting laundry dry before I set off later. Quite surprised at how well organised I can be when I need to be! I'm all set for everything happening over the next 10 days.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 5:19 pm

EM I’ve been trying to text you but for some reason my texts are bouncing back :?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Sloe-Gin » December 1st, 2018, 5:46 pm

What an interesting lot we are... Roman remains, French coutouriers, award runners up, hair styles.

Nothing so interesting here. Took dogs to the agility field this afternoon. Wonder why they're flat out now?

Mum found a Roman lamp on their farm in North Wales while ploughing. Its perfect - so much so, that the Grosvenor museum in Chester said it was an Egyptian fake, at which point, Mum got very huffy. They borrowed it for analysis and had to eat their words. They asked to put it on display. She said on yer bike. Its in my corner cupboard now!

We might indulge in a bit of Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow!
Eat, drink and be merry
Sloe-Gin
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 6:15 pm

EM I’ve been trying to text you but for some reason my texts are bouncing back :?
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 1st, 2018, 6:42 pm

Hmmm think my phone network may be down :rolleyes:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » December 1st, 2018, 7:57 pm

Now this is what I CALL an advent Calendar!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... endar.html

Amazing!
:kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel: :kneel:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » December 1st, 2018, 8:18 pm

Just before I say nite nite I have to confess that for the first ime in my life I cried at something foolish and insignificant.

I was watching strictly - yes we both do- and when there was a bweautiful dance to I dreamed a dream from Les Mis, my favourite musical - the tears were streaming down my face.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby dennispc » December 1st, 2018, 8:26 pm

Friends drove back from France last weekend - thought the yellow vests were wonderful. They stopped the toll booth machines on the motorways, waved motorists through and gave out cakes. :lol:

Didn't make the headlines though. :cry:
Every day is a good day, it's just that some days are better than others.
dennispc
Registered

Postby Busybee » December 1st, 2018, 8:48 pm

Ratatouille wrote:Just before I say nite nite I have to confess that for the first ime in my life I cried at something foolish and insignificant.

I was watching strictly - yes we both do- and when there was a bweautiful dance to I dreamed a dream from Les Mis, my favourite musical - the tears were streaming down my face.

Not foolish at all Rats, it was a very moving performance. I hope Stacey makes it to the final, as a non dancer and performer her progress is phenomenal.

Les Mis was my late FIL’s favourite musical, he always had it blasting out.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » December 2nd, 2018, 6:38 am

I have recorded Strictly, hope to watch it sometime today.....'Musicals' was the hook for me.... I always try and listen to Elaine Page on Radio 2 at 1pm on a Sunday, like her presentation but her laugh annoys me..... :?
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » December 2nd, 2018, 7:08 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, I agree about the dance to I Dreamed a Dream on Strictly, especially as Stacey has no dance training. We managed to catch Matthew Bourne on R3 yesterday afternoon, he was talking about the source of his dancers, not all come from dance schools.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » December 2nd, 2018, 7:46 am

Good morning all :D :mug:
We’re in bed drinking our :mug: and watching the marmalade cat with a white bib to and tucker that lives at the corner house ... he’s on the roof of the porch at ‘his other house’ and is banging on the bedroom window ... we frequently see him doing this ... then he goes to the back door ... if they dont let him in he comes back onto the porch roof and knocks again. :lol:
― Virginia Woolf
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » December 2nd, 2018, 8:37 am

Good morning wild ones. It looks a bit dismal this morning. But it's not as cold as yesterday. I made the mistake of going to the supermarket yesterday afternoon for a lettuce. The car park was full, once I found a space, I had to fight my way in through the people buying fresh Christmas trees at the main entrance. Then I pick ked up my lettuce and tried to Battle my way to the tills, almost impossible, I had to go with the flow of people with trolleys piled high, anyone would think it was Christmas tomorrow :rolleyes: so what should have been a five minute in and out took half an hour. :twisted: :twisted: then I couldn't get off the car park for the cars waiting to buy fuel. Once through that I hit the Que waiting to get into Macdonalds :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Altogether it took an hour. :rolleyes:
icelesley
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop