fao Zosherooney

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

fao Zosherooney

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 8th, 2019, 9:00 am

check your emails … and look out for the postman ;) I am busy most of the day until 4.00 pm, so speak later :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Re: fao Zosherooney

Postby Zosherooney » February 8th, 2019, 6:47 pm

It's arrived Patsy. I have the relevant instruction - thanks. Tomorrow is operation Kefir..... :tu:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » February 13th, 2019, 10:56 am

Today I tried the kefir. Made with whole milk, I like it, Mr. Z is not keen. There is a sludgey lump in the middle, it sort of floats, I seieved this out and returned it to the bottle. I will have some more this afternoon then add some more whole milk and see how it goes in a few more days. I think it would be nice with cereals
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » February 13th, 2019, 2:48 pm

Did you stir it before straining the grains ? Keep the ratio the same to get a consistent result. The ambient temperature of the room it is standing in and the amount of time you leave it will affect the end result. I never goes 'off', just gets more fizzy and pungent. Mr Z may like it better if it is fermented in the fridge, in which case it will take 5-7 days, but tastes milder. Once you have grown enough grains, you can split them and then try other 'milks' but anything other than mammal milk will need regularly feeding with sugar and also will need refreshing in mammal milk from time to time. Grains will only multiply in mammal milk.
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop