Chatterbox LXXXV - Van

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXV - Van

Postby aero280 » March 12th, 2019, 9:33 am

What’s wrong with the car you have? The “green” load of manufacturing a new car far outweighs the pollution load of keeping an old car on the road. If you like it and it’s running, keep the current car until it falls apart! :)

Changing a car to reduce running costs is usually a false economy.

My car is over 12 years old, and OH has an 8 year old car, having passed on the previous one to our grandson after running it for 11 years. Neither was bought brand new.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby jrc » March 12th, 2019, 9:44 am

Hello :hug: Shoulder giving me trouble today. I went out with a friend yesterday but didn’t take into account the car is a large, low two door and managed to bump said shoulder trying to get in. :oops:
Didn’t notice it at the time but am struggling today. Perhaps it will loosen up a bit in a while. :?

I have a Corsa which hasn’t been driven for quite some time but Bob has a Toyota Auris hybrid which he seems quite pleased with. It was about 18 months old when he bought it but most local journeys are run on battery though he keeps it topped up with petrol. It switches automatically to petrol if he has to put his foot down to accelerate but is very economical. :D
jrc
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 12th, 2019, 9:58 am

The car question is interesting isn't it. If I were knowledgeable like aero I wouldn't worry but as someone who had a succession of clapped out old cars I am so pleased to have relatively new ones and not worry unduly about breaking down or things going wrong. I do not want to mess about or do maintenance myself and do 20,000 miles a year. When I retire I intend handing my car back and getting something with lower mileage on it. I am toying with the idea of a convertible car sized van which could be used for camping holidays but still give people lifts at other times. The trouble is they are all diesel and I think that will be a problem soon. My mileage will be so much less.

I understood that for a hybrid to work well you have to do the right balance of town and distance driving to make it efficient. I nearly bought one once but we (me and the dealer) decided I did rather too much motorway driving to make it worthwhile. I think they have changed slightly since then.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 12th, 2019, 10:07 am

Aero we don't buy our car we lease it because we have a very good deal. We know exactly how much we have to pay every month and, that should go wrong it will be immediately replaced. We live too far out in the sticks and with no public transport we just have to have a reliable and comfortable car. The last time we changed we switched from diesel to petrol because we no longer do huge distances on the autoroute.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 12th, 2019, 10:09 am

According to the label in the bakers, yesterday's special bread is called Lagana. According to Wiki the word has Greco Roman origins, lasagne has the same origin :o
We are trying to get the menu sorted out for our visitors, there will be a meze style menu, I need Allspice for the Imam Bayildi, I threw the last lot out when I tidied the spice shelf as it was well out of date. I think that it must be added to items to be brought out here.

Moira
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 12th, 2019, 11:44 am

Leek and potato soup made for our lunch today, and OH has given the bathroom a good ‘going over’ for bits my older eyes have missed, as the plumber is fitting our new washbasin tomorrow morning. He’s coming early :shock: so we’ll have to have our morning showers at bedtime :? :lol:
I’ve also been down to Wrose and stocked up on potatoes, fruit, coffee, flour, eggs, milk, wine and beer ... all the necessities of life (apart from cheese and I’ll go to the cheese stall on the market when I have a day in the city with DD).

Now all I have to do is drink my :mug: then give upstairs a quick dust and vac and I’m all ready for the Cheltenham Festival to start .... Storm Gareth permitting ... batten those hatches folks :hug:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 12th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Went out, played card games, chattered, rain building a bout but when I cam out I walked some way to the bus stop without getting too wet
I was (I thought) well kitted out for GaretH but by the time I got off the bus at this end the storm had got started
I walked back to here, took me about 5 minutes and by the time I got here I had to go into the bathroom and strip to underwear, fortunately my hair was dry
Not going out again today

Stay warm and dry everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 12th, 2019, 7:40 pm

Just been watching the vote in Parliament. I suspect that the UK is highly unlikely to leave on the 29th March but lord alone what will happen next.

Standing by to field mutiple questions tomorrow from neighbours and friends. I relally am gettting sick of it all.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 12th, 2019, 7:48 pm

Yes, I have BBC News on

Defeat by 149! But the No Deal vote is tomorrow

Then Article 50 on Thursday

It’s blimmim’ Groundhog Day

They need to stop soon, neither I nor my liver can afford the gin

JRM needs his head kicked in
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby Chinchilla_lady » March 12th, 2019, 8:04 pm

StokeySue wrote:They need to stop soon, neither I nor my liver can afford the gin

I havent touched a drop for over two years, this may change. :( :(

Addicted to White Cats
Chinchilla_lady
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 12th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Good evening everyone,
AWOL for a few days as my younger son was home for a few days, it was lovely and we got lots of time to have a proper catch up. It looks as though he may be going Myanmar for a month at the end of April pending the work bid being approved which is such a wonderful opportunity. He should get things confirmed this week. I've a breathing space now for a couple of days until my elder son, his fiancee and her Mum, who is over from Greece, come for a long weekend.
"Gareth" is raging but I've secured everything I can outside and thankfully I'm far enough away from the sea to not be in the forecasted flood path.
I love fish fingers stuffed in a morning roll, spread with loads of butter and a squirt of salad cream - it has to be served (for me) with a side of ready salted or prawn cocktail crisps :chops: .
liketocook
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 12th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Evening all,

What a day with Gareth! Luckily I had to sit here and just read in anticipation of my first annual gas boiler check person arriving. 8-12. He turned up at 11.25 so that's a lot of reading. I offered him a tea or coffee. Poor bloke was very windswept! The first workman to accept my offer of a drink in a year, then I realised I only had soya milk in. He swiftly declined. :lol: Anyway, that went ok minus the cuppa. Then 2pm called my GP to book an emergency appointment for an examination of my back, as directed by the GP who has upped my pain killing meds, to be told no, the appointment time would not be long enough to include an examination. Grrr!!! They have a cancellation for 9.25 in the morning. I have had to take it. Someone needs to look at why I am having such bad back spasms. Then I will go on to work from there.

By the way, is anyone else having problems posting on here to be told 'This page is not working'?
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 12th, 2019, 10:30 pm

No problem posting here Tezza ... so far ....

Ready for bed now ... morning showers already had as plumber will be here 8:30 tomorrow so night night all ... hope Gareth lets us have sweet dreams ...
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 12th, 2019, 11:30 pm

Leasing a car can work. The rules on leasing are different in different countries. It's mostly a question of tax liability and company car tax in the UK. With complications over who owns the car, who insures it, who services it, terminal value, limited mileage, benefit in kind, etc., etc.

The way you describe it, in France, it almost seems to be a long term car rental agreement. :)
aero280
Site Admin

Postby cyprusmoira » March 13th, 2019, 6:17 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, Tezza, have you considered a physio or osteopath? that may be more appropriate
Waiting for rain here

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 13th, 2019, 6:25 am

I think I have found the kitchen I would like....DIY kitchens. Anyone had any experience of them? Reviews seem mostly very positive, can't say that for Wickes - who I had been looking at. Lady is coming on Thursday to do a plan, there is no charge for a quote I will then probably take the plan to DIY K. We might even visit the showroom in South Kirkby, a bit of a drive, but want to get this bit right.

Work @ home goes on.......and on.....

Round 2 today, for the cat sitters lunch at a local pub. They have just returned from Oz and NZ and could not make the last visit, so some time away from site.

My box of victorian antique brass goodies arrived from RS electrical yesterday. The service was great, only ordered them the day before and I could track it with Parcelforce, Yodel has been rubbish. We decided to replace some of the boring white ones in my bedroom so the old white ones will go to other places in the house.

Eric the Polack rents his large van for £800 a month he says it's more cost effective for him. We are finding that owning only 1 vehicle is working well for us. Penelope Pitstop Puma hit the dust last Nov. it would have been a money pit to repair all the rust underneath - we just had to part.

The gale outside is gross, the fluffs hate it. Just hope it has blown itself out by next Monday when stove is installed, as there is roof work to be done with the flue coming out the newly formed roof. Tiling starts soon !!!!!

Hope those of you with aches and pains recover soon.... Have a good safe day team...
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2019, 6:52 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

Still blustery here but not enough to disturb my sleep thank goodness ... we have to be up and decent by the time the plumber arrives at 8:30 to replace the bathroom washbasin.

Hope everyone else has survived what we’ve seen of Gareth so far ... apparently its peak is due mid-morning-ish ... keep those hatches battened folks :hug:
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 13th, 2019, 7:47 am

Good morning wild ones. Wow it is sooooo windy here. Thankfully no damage is apparent at the moment, but I haven't ventured out to check yet. Not a lot to do today, we are waiting for the builder to come and resize and re hang the two doors. :rolleyes:
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 13th, 2019, 9:30 am

aero280 wrote:Leasing a car can work. The rules on leasing are different in different countries. It's mostly a question of tax liability and company car tax in the UK. With complications over who owns the car, who insures it, who services it, terminal value, limited mileage, benefit in kind, etc., etc.

The way you describe it, in France, it almost seems to be a long term car rental agreement. :)

Sounds like it could be what is called PCP here in the UK … Personal Contract Purchase. After 2 years (or term agreed), you can either purchase the car, or exchange it for a new one. The only thing to watch out for is annual mileage...
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 13th, 2019, 9:43 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Same old same old as far as weather. politics and gin consumption are concerned ! :wave: Hope everyone is firmly planted in their lead boots. Do take care!

The car business is very intersting here. We were offered the deal many years ago when the scheme was first introduced in France. We have to chance to buy the car after three years at a very good price but we prefer to update. The monthly sum covers absolutely everything except insurance, even the carte gris which is the equivalent of road tax but only paid once when you first get the car. Servicing, tyres windscreen replacement and breakdown cover. Apart from the insurance all we pay for is the fuel. Last time we even got a supply of windscreen wash and de icer. Also we are on a fixed income - well sort of, taking into account the fluctuations in the £/€.!

It's kai's birthday plunch today so not much cooking today. Mr R is praying that if there is smoked salmon etc there will be schnapps to help it down. I'll have my plastic bags in my handbag :evil: I bet the main course will be duck - his favourite.
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 13th, 2019, 10:03 am

That's the car arrangement I've had for the last few years Pat. It's been excellent for my needs. Back to running a vehicle into the ground (if I can afford one) this summer :( .

cyprusmoira wrote:Tezza, have you considered a physio or osteopath?

My thoughts too. It is not cheap to visit an osteopath but often two or three visits is enough. Once the issue is diagnosed (which if course it must be), they often recommend certain exercises and Pilates. We all sit down too much these days and that is often the root cause. I am always surprised that the NHS seems to take a different route when that is often all the problem is. Obviously the cause has to be diagnosed first to ensure that movement is appropriate.

Out to lunch at the restaurant run by students at our local college today. Three courses £7.50 and it is usually very good. We are due to arrive when the wind and rain reach their peak so I, at least, may as well give up trying to look respectable. I would have been such a disastrous Royal wife (in so many respects :lol: ) it is just as well the opportunity didn't present itself.

:hug: to all.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby liketocook » March 13th, 2019, 10:04 am

Good morning everyone,
"Gareth" was at it's height here overnight and my was it wild! No damage that I can see but as it is still battering it down I've not ventured out to have a proper check.
There's some flooding at the sea front and the trains are off due to fallen trees blocking the line but thankfully I don't need to travel anywhere.
I'm having a "Mrs Mop" day and will get cracking on with the cleaning once I've had another :mug:
Hope all Wildies in the storm's path are safe and warm.
liketocook
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 13th, 2019, 10:13 am

Good morning
I keep seeing car ads on TV that seem designed to put you off the vehicle in question, and I’m quite pleased I no longer have to bother

Dental check up today, as long as my teeth don’t get blown out on the way

Have a good day everyone
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 13th, 2019, 11:05 am

Doctors have been guilty of prescribing painkillers rather than finding out the cause of pain. One of the guys at my cardiac rehab gym class arrived some years ago with a walkframe mainly due to bad knees. He was registered disabled and had a blue badge. His main problem was posture and being very overweight. Between the physio and the dietitian they got him moving more easily, he can now walk unaided.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby nursemimi » March 13th, 2019, 11:46 am

Good morning it is pouring down with rain here this morning.
We are due high winds this afternoon I have a Dr appointment at 2.
I might need a pair of those lead boots.

Mimi
nursemimi
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 13th, 2019, 12:30 pm

I have decided to turn the job down.
It doesn't pay enough to compensate for me spending 12-15 hours in the car each week

I telephoned them on Monday, thanked them for their offer and declined it.
Explained it wasn't the job that was the problem. just the journey.
The HR woman I spoke to was quite surprised, I guess it doesn't happen very often.

Anyway...
The head of dept has just telephoned me and offered flexible hours.
Now what do I do?!
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2019, 1:28 pm

WW :) Is it what you want ... or is the pay enough to put up with it for 12 months if it’s not quite what you want?

We have a nice new washbasin in the bathroom :D Can’t use it until tomorrow because it needed a wider strip of grout between it and the tiles so it needs to ‘go off’. He’s coming back on 22nd to fit a replacement scale cartridge on the pipe into the boiler ... apparently they need replacing every 10 years ... Ed had no idea we had one until we had that problem with the washing machine outlet and investigated ... should be around £60 all in, so better than a scaled up boiler :tu:
suffolk
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 13th, 2019, 3:02 pm

How is Storm Gareth? Our storm is starting here, more thunder and rain lashing the windows. I took the bin bag out early rather than get soaked.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 13th, 2019, 4:40 pm

I had planned to go to the doctor at 3.00pm. This is still blocking the drive...

IMG_2170.JPG

One of the mother's collecting kids from the school. I got no response when I asked the crowd waiting outside the school gate, the a few minutes later a woman and two kids walked up the hill past the car. The kids were clearly planning to get in the car, but were dragged by and walked off.

I don't know why she needed a car to collect the kids. When the police came, they identified the car, called the owner via the control centre and she came and drove away inside 5 minutes.
aero280
Site Admin

Postby WWordsworth » March 13th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Drives me nuts Aero.
I'm not near the school but I am near the older folk's bungalows.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 13th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Oh aero :evil: . There has been so much talk lately about the behaviour of parents on the school run. This is so thoughtless. I totally get why it might be necessary to visit a residential area in a car and park but thoughtlessness is never acceptable.

Oh dear WW - you are just too good at tower building :) .

Lunch at the college was lovely with a few amusing moments when students struggled. Thankfully I just avoided getting coffee poured down the back of my neck :lol: . I ought to do some chores and have a walk now, I will make myself do both sometime before bed time. This was the menu (for some reason I cannot attach a Word document :rolleyes: ).

Wednesday Lunch Menu
To Start
V French Onion Soup With Cheese topped Crouton

Pear and Roquefort Salad with Bacon Lardons, Ciabatta Croutons and Mustard Dressing

Thai Fishcakes with Sweet and Sour Pickle

Main Courses
V Pea and Feta Croquettes with Homemade Mint Mayo
Sweet Potato Fries with Roquette and Tomato Salad

Salmon Filo Parcels with Tomato and Ginger Jam £1.00 supp
Saute Potatoes and Green Beans

Bacon Wrapped Lemon and Rosemary Chicken
With Garlic Potato Bonbons, Glazed Baby Carrots, Fine Beans and Mustard Cream

Desserts
Fig and Date Frangipane Tart
With Clotted Cream

Toffee Apple Cheesecake
With Toffee Sauce and Crème Fraiche

Chocolate Mousse with Rum Soaked Cranberries
Chocolate Soil, Vanilla Cream

Three Courses £7.50
Three Courses £7.50/Two Courses £6.50
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2019, 5:01 pm

How very annoying Will. We have a school at the top of the rise and get a fair amount of parking for half an hour twice a day, but (so far) we’ve never been blocked in. That’s appalling. :evil:
suffolk
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 13th, 2019, 5:39 pm

Thank god I don't have to put up with that Aero.

Menu sounds :chops: EM

Great carvery for the other cat sitters as normal :chops: They came away very happy and full !

More digging done @ home, soakaways are over the top !!!!!
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby scullion » March 13th, 2019, 8:42 pm

We are watching the bbc news channel - or rather my partner is, I’ve turned off with the help of a very strong g and t - there were unwaxed lemons in Aldi this evening.
Thankfully no-one would consider parking like that outside our house (they’d have a long walk to the village school, anyway) as it’s a single track lane one of the local farmers would be less than sympathetic while needing to get through with a tractor. We have had ‘pickers’ parking in stupid places in the past but they only do it once - they lose money when they’re hoiked out of a field to move their cars.
scullion
Registered

Postby scullion » March 13th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Even my partner’s dropped off now. Time to turn over!
scullion
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 13th, 2019, 9:07 pm

Ellow everybode! :wave:
Just a quickie as I's tired.
The Management Centre Library will be closing at the end of May, and all the book-stock will be coming down to 'our' library on the main uni campus. It's a crying shame the uni is selling it (it needs the money), as it is such a beautiful building, having started life as an ecclesiastical college, all arched doorways and stained glass. It makes our library look modern & boxy.

However - it has to go :(

So me & a colleague spent last Weds & this Weds dusting all the books prior to them being moved. We did 50 bays of books today - finishing the job.

We also have a v large pile of wood in the back garden, which we'll never be able to get rid of via the fire, so a skip is coming on Friday. Among the wood was a large panel with slats attached.
I broke it all up with the sledgehammer :tu:

So - a busy day today :hi5:

Tired now tho.

Nit nit :hug:

:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 13th, 2019, 10:02 pm

Night night Grassy and everyone ... sweet dreams ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 14th, 2019, 12:20 am

A night for tired Wildies it seems. I fell asleep standing up in the kitchen listening to Three Counties Radio at 5.30pm waiting for my dad to call me as he does when I've finished work. Later missed half of Masterchef. Got too comfy. Now we have police helicopters at low range. Oh for a bit of criminal-less peace.

Nite nite my friends. Catch you on the morrowside. :hug:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 14th, 2019, 6:10 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, from a sunny and sparkly Cyprus, yesterdays rain did not come to much.
I have given up listening to the news.

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 14th, 2019, 6:30 am

I call it 'drivel' Moira, TM has made such a mess......... :rolleyes:

It is raining sideways and blowing a hooley here.

Fluffs don't want to go out at all but have had to...... I have had a dehumidifier blowing all night in the Ute. A water pipe was not properly capped off some time back and the floor is terribly wet. I have the back door and window open when I can but it needs to be speeded up so tiles can go down.

I am off to town today, I need one more spacer for a heavy Italian glass shade, also need cash to pay for various build projects. Cat litter is highest on the list tho'.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 14th, 2019, 6:57 am

Zosherooney wrote: I have had a dehumidifier blowing all night in the Ute

I interpreted that as Utility Truck and wondered why the heck you needed to dehumidify a vehicle, of course you mean Utility room. We do not have one here but have in our previous houses, very useful for the washing machine, extra storage and dog beds.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 14th, 2019, 7:19 am

Good morning all :D :mug:

I’ve just been out in my dressing gown and put the bins out ... daren’t put them out last night ‘cos the wind was so strong... back under the duvet now :D

DD is visiting today :D and we’ve planned a bit of shopping and a light lunch out ... not sure where as our favourite Carluccio’s has closed :(
suffolk
Registered

Postby northleedsbhoy » March 14th, 2019, 7:34 am

Morning all

Been awake since silly o'clock due to the wind and rain hammering against the bedroom window and it doesn't help that it's coming from due west, which is the way it faces.

Can emphasise with you suffs as they closed my favourite one in Leeds as they opened a new one in the Trinity Centre. I don't think the food is as good and definitely it's lacking in atmosphere in my opinion which may be tainted by the fact I don't like dining in a shopping centre.

Cheers
NLB :tu:
northleedsbhoy
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 14th, 2019, 7:47 am

You make a really good point about dining in a shopping centre. When we lived in Manchester, the Trafford Centre was very close but I disliked eating (and shopping ) there as it was just so loud and noisy. Unfortunately it was so convenient I did shop there (ok if you pick your times carefully) but wouldn’t choose to eat there despite the huge range of restaurants.

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 14th, 2019, 8:21 am

Good morning wild ones. It's very windy again :rolleyes: I had just started drying my hair when there was an almighty bang and next doors' garage roof felt flew over into our garden :shock: thankfully the beasts were indoors. The rest of the roof felt is flapping so will no doubt follow the first strip. OH managed to catch the neighbour leaving for work, he is a teacher, need I say more :rolleyes: he just said, oh I saw that, he got into the car and drove off. No wonder his wife left him, he is useless. ;)
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby northleedsbhoy » March 14th, 2019, 8:48 am

Busybee wrote:You make a really good point about dining in a shopping centre. When we lived in Manchester, the Trafford Centre was very close but I disliked eating (and shopping ) there as it was just so loud and noisy. Unfortunately it was so convenient I did shop there (ok if you pick your times carefully) but wouldn’t choose to eat there despite the huge range of restaurants.

BB

That was probably the reason Carluccio's opened there and shut the other one. There is a wide range of restaurants in Trinity and for a lot of folks it's convenient to do a 'one stop shop' rather wandering out in to the city centre. A lot of the city ones had a marked decline in lunchtime trade but it has evened out a bit now.

The restaurants in Trinity are mainly on the top floor and it's a bit eerie walking into a mainly empty shopping centre to get to the top floor.

Cheers
NLB :tu:
northleedsbhoy
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 14th, 2019, 8:50 am

Well, if his flippin flappin roof causes any damage your side of the fence you’ll have to claim off his insurance won’t you? That’ll increase his premiums and concentrate his mind a tad ;)
suffolk
Registered

Postby Pepper Pig » March 14th, 2019, 9:17 am

icelesley wrote:OH managed to catch the neighbour leaving for work, he is a teacher, need I say more :rolleyes:

Oh I think you should.
Pepper Pig
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 14th, 2019, 9:21 am

Back from a trip to our local supermarket. I met one of my Pissouri friends there, she comes over because the fruit, vegetables and baked goods are so much better than those in her local shops. The greengrocery section was piled high with Globe Artichokes :!:
Thunder is rumbling again, it must be out to sea as there is no cloud over the mountains, although there is new snow up there.

cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby scullion » March 14th, 2019, 9:22 am

Zosherooney wrote: TM has made such a mess...

she was handed a mess and only given a dirty mop to clean it up with.
scullion
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop