Chatterbox LXXXV - Van

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

Re: Chatterbox LXXXV - Van

Postby cyprusmoira » March 20th, 2019, 10:35 am

Back from various errands and the hairdressers. We went via the beach to walk Pug, she also comes to the hairdressers with us, she has friends there.
The vegetation is very lush after all that rain, they have started cutting the hay early this year.

moira :mug:
When life gives you lemons, make sorbet
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby jrc » March 20th, 2019, 12:14 pm

Hello :hug:

Bob had a hospital appointment, nothing to worry about though. Getting excited about son. Four days is a long way to come though. :bounce:

Shoulder was really very sore last night. At home, pottering about not using sling at all but really suffered. The muscle seemed to go into spasm and was rock solid, so back to being careful whilst out. :?
jrc
Registered

Postby StokeySue » March 20th, 2019, 2:17 pm

My parents went to Vegas because they were on a tour of western USA, an organised thing
It was the bit they were least looking forward to but they enjoyed the experience of seeing a top class variety show live and just seeing how it all worked, but 2 nights was enough
Sue
StokeySue
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 20th, 2019, 2:37 pm

I've never much wanted to visit Vegas but everyone I've known who has thinks it's wonderful (including my late American friend who wouldn't normally go anywhere near any city).

I need a magic wand to put the last bits of my room in order, I am left with the things which I haven't found homes for and a large sack of rubbish. Off to find proper homes for the stuff now, I'm busy with other things for the next few days so it must be done. Rats, I know just what you mean about never-ending! This is round one really, paperwork next week but at least I'll be able to find it.

PS. OMG! Doorbell just went and I thought it was someone I was expecting to drop some leaflets off. It was ex OH who I have very little to do with apart from family parties involving GD these days. He knocked to show me his new dog! :o I was in pyjamas with a rather unattractive just got out of bed look as I was going to shower and dress properly to go out later once I had cleared up. Aaarrgghh!
Last edited by earthmaiden on March 20th, 2019, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby aero280 » March 20th, 2019, 2:53 pm

My niece and her husband are on their way home from Las Vegas via Philadelphia. During their time in Las Vegas they did a couple of shows, including Robbie Williams :rolleyes: who they saw in concert in the UK, but the husband is a big fan and goes to lots of Robbie shows...

They also did the Grand Canyon flight including the Hoover Dam.
http://www.saabtechtalk.com/
aero280
Site Admin

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 20th, 2019, 3:12 pm

scullion wrote:
cyprusmoira wrote:aero280 wrote:
some pain was good, because mild stressing of the bone would make it stronger
That's Physios for you

Moira

and he was right. it increases bone density.

I thought it was now well known that low impact exercise increases bone density ...
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 20th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Back from Swinging Pissouri ;) Chris, husband of one of our group belongs to a local photographic society, this months competition is Hands, so our hands working were all photographed, lacemaking is an absolute gift to photographers. It was nice to see Chris, he recently had a triple heart by pass, he is looking well.

The swallows are nesting inside the Artemis taverna as usual, there is a board nailed under their nest to protect diners, a door is left open at night so the birds can get in and out. The main restaurant is locked at night.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 20th, 2019, 5:13 pm

earthmaiden wrote:PS. OMG! Doorbell just went and I thought it was someone I was expecting to drop some leaflets off. It was ex OH who I have very little to do with apart from family parties involving GD these days. He knocked to show me his new dog! :o I was in pyjamas with a rather unattractive just got out of bed look as I was going to shower and dress properly to go out later once I had cleared up. Aaarrgghh!

:lol: Ain't it always the way! He couldn't show up at a time when you were looking suitably glam.... No wonder he's an ex OH!! :D
Food, Felines and Fells (in no particular order)
Seatallan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 20th, 2019, 7:02 pm

EM :lol: :lol: :lol: I have a vision and am having to hold my sides.....

We were in Vegas 38 years ago just for the experience. Glad I did it but not wanting to go back, although I am sure it has rebuilt many times and many changes over the decades. Hoover dam was better and the Grand Canyon even better......

Nuther busy day, we have constructed a brick retaining wall (no cement) below the posts and wires erected at the w/e. Mr. Z. did a good job and I helped by removing cr*p cement from the bricks. Very pleased with the finished job. Just hope the bricks don't disintegrate into the soil.

The tile job in the long skinny bathroom is stunning ! Very very pleased with the result and have been won round to install a half glass wall to keep in the shower spray which the crew say will be necessary. Probably will purchase tomorrow.

We have painting starting tomorrow and more for the coming days. I have found a company that do paint tints so that you design your own colour. I found that coloured paints were so much more expensive and for a few quid I could get the colour I wanted for a fraction of the price. The product is manufactured in Poland !

Tiling starts tomorrow in the ensuite as the sit bath is now in place. I hope my plan works !

Wren kitchens visited today (3rd company quote) they have come up with a new idea which I quite like...... Howdens re-visit me next week.....This is the most important room in the house and I need to get it right.
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 20th, 2019, 7:30 pm

Ellow.

Will have to see the techy bods at 'W' again about my laptop. It's thrown another wobbly. I can get into Windows & my games, but most of my other apps have been wiped off or are inaccessable, which means I can't get at all my files, which include a fair bit of writing and my book database! :( I can't think WHY this has happened, as I shut down as normal on Sunday avo :(
It can't be the hard drive this time, as it is working, but I'm worried. I don't need the expense at this time of year.

:(
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby Grasshopper » March 20th, 2019, 8:00 pm

Grasshopper wrote:Suffs - :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Weather better today - it was AWFUL yesterday! :x Got all laundry dry.

We have an ENORMOUS (well 8 yds anyway), skip coming tomorrow. THAT should (hopefully) take care of the rest of the unwanted woodpile!
Involves a LOT of work tho :rolleyes:

:bounce:
Grasshopper

Took us 2 days to fill the big skip - and we just managed to squeeze it all in :hi5:

Garden looks HUGE now - and Mum has been pottering happily all day.

Going to hop offski now - a warm drink & off to bed, as I's tired.

Nit nit :hug:

:bounce:
Grasshopper
Spring ventures forth to plant the grain
And Summer dries the straw
Autumn gathers in the harvest
And Winter shuts the door

Grasshopper
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 21st, 2019, 6:13 am

Good Morning Wild Ones from sunny Cyprus, we have had a heavy dew the last couple of nights but not last night so the oregano can be put straight outside
I would love to redesign this kitchen. The waste bin is as far as possible from the sink :rolleyes:

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 21st, 2019, 6:30 am

Good morning all :D :mug
It’s an overcast misty morning here and the birds are still singing the tail end of the dawn chorus ...
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 21st, 2019, 6:43 am

Morning all! Up bright and early as have to do some work training right in the middle of Reading which is hell on earth to get to at 9am so I'll go early. This 9-5 commuting lark is one I have avoided for many years! Up, dressed and looking respectable - no-one will knock at the door I'm sure :lol: .

It's the first day of Spring by the way :bounce:. Have a lovely day.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby jrc » March 21st, 2019, 7:01 am

Hello :hug:

On second :mug:

Accounts and housework today. Starting to catch up since shoulder. :?
jrc
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 21st, 2019, 7:55 am

Good morning wild ones. Hi JjRC :wave: how is the shoulder doing now :?: For me today it is shopping, the veg draw is empty :( it looks like we will have another sunny day today, yesterday was lovely.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway. Image ImageImage
icelesley
Registered

Postby jrc » March 21st, 2019, 8:03 am

Hi, shoulder definitely improving but I still have to respect it, thank you. I am starting to catch up on pre shoulder jobs. :?
jrc
Registered

Postby WWordsworth » March 21st, 2019, 8:30 am

Good morning.
Today I am meeting a couple of former colleagues for lunch.
We are going to our previous haunt - a pub near HQ which makes sandwiches from home made fishfingers.

Just hoping I do not cross paths with my former manager.
WWordsworth
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 21st, 2019, 11:02 am

After all that rain as a lot of other people here most days I check the Water Boards site to see the water level of the dams. There is one that has been hovering at 99.9% for a couple of days, I can't help feeling that if someone would go and chuck a couple of buckets of water in there it could be bought up to 100%..
The snow has disappeared from the western flanks of the mountains
The local flora is about to change from yellow to pink/purple, I saw a great sheet of wild gladioli this morning.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 21st, 2019, 11:27 am

OH and I have just spent a couple of hours starting to sort out the front garden .. cutting back, weeding, raking the gravel etc. still lots to do but it’s looking better already. :D
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby Gruney » March 21st, 2019, 11:45 am

cyprusmoira wrote:I can't help feeling that if someone would go and chuck a couple of buckets of water in there it could be bought up to 100%

A bit like the labours of Sisyphus :D
Gruney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 21st, 2019, 12:44 pm

Afternoon!

I was quite pleased this morning walking to the bus stop when I didn't have to stop in pain for a perch on a road sign. The old Codeine must be starting to work its magic. :tu:

Another full on morning. :D And for some reason am absolutely gagging for my lunch, even though I filled myself up nicely with fish pie last night and lots of fruit this morning. Tonight will also be full on in preparation for a weekend away with my dad starting Saturday. I want to make some chocolate coated ginger biscuits to take with me and I need to colour my hair! I think I can merge the two somehow! Well, that's the plan anyway! ;)

Just got the classes timetable through for the leisure centre which opens mid May. I should be able to fit Pilates or Group Cycle in after work some evenings. I notice though that the swimming timetable is not available yet. :cry: That will come in November no doubt.

Right, onwards etc!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 21st, 2019, 1:13 pm

TeresaFoodie wrote: chocolate coated ginger biscuits to take with me and I need to colour my hair! I think I can merge the two somehow!
Will you hair be ginger or chocolate coloured?

I am trying to find small lemons to preserve as salted lemons, I can only find large ones at present, lemons are not graded here, sold by weight and definitely not waxed.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 21st, 2019, 1:15 pm

Tezza ... that time when you slipped on the ice and landed on your back ... did you have an X-ray?
suffolk
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 21st, 2019, 1:16 pm

Afternoon everyone :wave:

Gorgeous day but I am feeling very down. I have got to the stage of feeling almost ashamed to be British, although everyone here is being more than sympatheitc. All we have for our citizenship application is a formal letter of receipt. it can take several months. As Mr R says it is really shameful and the awful part is that most of the rest of Europe are feeling bemused that the Britih parliament are behaving as they are when previously they have been looked to as an example of how to do things in a fairly civilised way. Rant over - back to the sunshine.

The first irises are out - the ones we saved when they were doing the drains and the ne roadway.

The local primary school is closed until next week because of a virus which is doing the rounds. Dainish friend came back from a long weekend in Evian where her family has an appartment, yesterday with a really sore throat and high temperature.
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 21st, 2019, 7:14 pm

I was up at 6am and by 20 past was filling a wheelbarrow full of broken bricks and into the space left in the skip. Did 3 wheelbarrows before the skip truck turned up at 7am and took the full skip away for the last time.

Trades turned up at 8ish and by 9.30 the painters were on the mis coat. 10 ish I went to town on lots of various errands and some shopping for ourselves.

RJ has been terminated as the demands being made on us were wholly unrealistic. It culminated in a call from ( :evil:) being made to WCC as a 'complaint' that we were locating 5 metre soakaways close to electric cables. The only ones who could possibly have such detail was :evil: This request was made by WCC !!!! So all efforts are now firmly off the table. She is totally nuts.....

Shattered tonight as were some funny banging noises around 2am last night and lovely neighbours security lights went on, I stood and watched for movement for 10 mins but saw nothing...... Did not sleep well after that...

Ding dinner of romanian meatballs with some Polish (look like small butterbeans) white beans in a tomato garlic and onion sauce with some pasta, M'Sons had packs of fresh asparagus for 9p!!!! today so a starter of them plus a stuffed m'room. I think then an early night for me (again)
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 21st, 2019, 7:33 pm

Evening all.

Rats :hug: sorry to hear you have been feeling out of sorts. Hoping you are having a relaxing and worry free evening.

Zosh - reading your schedule wears me out! You put me to shame with your energy.

I have just had an umpteenth knock on the door from someone trying to sell me Virgin Media. No amount of 'No' would get rid of him, again. Next time I don't answer the stupid door. :rolleyes:

suffolk wrote:Tezza ... that time when you slipped on the ice and landed on your back ... did you have an X-ray?

No X-ray, no examination. Are you thinking slipped disc suffs? :cry:

Nothing on TV that I fancy tonight. I might snuggle in with a book. :grin:
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 21st, 2019, 9:35 pm

Tezza ... I’m thinking cracked vertebrae ... I’m not a medic but I do think that given your medical history including other broken bones, I’d want to check it out (do I remember some talk of osteoporosis or did I imagine that?).

Rats :hug: bless you ... we feel carp about it all too ... at least you have an option ... if I were younger we’d emigrate ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 21st, 2019, 10:07 pm

I've had quite a nice day. I got the park & ride into Reading centre and felt like a proper commuter. Nice to be out and about having a walk when I would normally either be at work, asleep or having a first :mug:. The training was good, especially as it finished at lunchtime and not 4pm as I'd been told. I spent the afternoon dashing round the Berks/Oxon countryside at various garden centre/farm shop/gift kind of places looking for things to make up a birthday parcel. Stopped off at The Range when I got back and actually had more luck there :lol:. I did give in to buying a slice of gala pie at a farm shop which was delicious. I am winding down for a 'detox' week from Monday ;).

I've read back. :hug: to those who need them. We probably all do with the current political state! Tezza - I always call through the door and ask who it is when people call after dark and tell them I only open the door to people I know.

Think this is going to be an early night for me. I am reading the Michelle Obama autobiography and am quite enjoying it.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Busybee » March 21st, 2019, 10:21 pm

I really enjoyed that book EM, an inspiring story and a fascinating glimpse of what life was like in the White House. I imagine that things are very different now ;)

BB
Busybee
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 21st, 2019, 11:59 pm

EM - sounds like you have had a lovely day! Re VM man. I saw him through my spy hole and recognised him from last time and thought to myself I've got to put a stop to this. It was easier than last time! But still. He puts on doe eyes and tells me how my custom will help him and me. Yawn.

Suffs - you are almost there with my back. Osteopenia which is being treated with calcium and vitamin D and was caught early enough that supplements can help rebuild my bones. Bone density scans show an improvement every time I have one. :tu: I will keep my eye on it as ever.

The land of nod has sucked me into my bed, so sweet dreams all...zzz
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 22nd, 2019, 6:03 am

Good Morning Wild Ones, a quick visit as we know that the electricity is off for the morning, we need power for the hub.

Moira :mug:
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 22nd, 2019, 6:43 am

Good morning Moira :D and everyone :D :mug:

Enjoy your power free morning Moira ... we have the plumber visiting to fit a new electromagnetic scale inhibitor to the boiler pipework. Apparently they need replacing at least every ten years ... we’ve been here since 2011 and I’ve no idea how long before that it was fitted, so we thought we’d better get it done while we thought about it.

While the plumber is going that well tidy the pots on ghd terrace ... then we’ll head for the coast ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 22nd, 2019, 7:52 am

Good morning wild ones. :hug: :hug: :hug: for those who need one. It's a bit overcast so far this morning. But at least its not raining. Not a lot to do today, or at least that's how it looks at the moment (wisperingsmiley) ;) I am sure that will change anytime soon :lol: :lol:
icelesley
Registered

Postby icelesley » March 22nd, 2019, 8:03 am

Here is something to make you laugh. I was washing up after dinner, OH was outside, I was dancing...well swaying back and too :rolleyes: to the Boots advert on TV, OH knocked on the window and said do you need to go to the loo before I do the dog's tea cheeky s#d :lol: :lol: I should say we have a loo in the utility room outside next to the kitchen.
icelesley
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 22nd, 2019, 8:20 am

Busybee wrote:a fascinating glimpse of what life was like in the White House. I imagine that things are very different now ;) :idea: BB

Yes.

Morning all! A very dull day out there. A bit of housework, shopping and catching up here today and some leaflets to deliver.

I forgot to mention the talk I went to on Wed. It was Bronze age cookery, not Neolithic but very interesting all the same. Most interesting was the available foods, an abundance of foods and flavours much of the year but of course none of the foods introduced by the Romans or the exotic spices or American plants which came later. Also evidence of different ways of using the same ingredients and the effect of utensil shapes as they developed. The speaker was from eastern France and had never seen a pudding steamed or boiled in a cloth before coming here - apparently only done here and in Brittany. There is evidence of things like that being quite regional even then. Fascinating stuff. Looking forward to the practical day in June.

Enjoy the coast Suffs - your weather must be a bit better than ours.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » March 22nd, 2019, 9:01 am

EM it’s overcast and 12.4C at the moment. We don’t wait for fine weather to go to the coast ... don’t forget I grew up on a farm ... we only went to the seaside if Pa wasn’t busy on the farm “Ma, can we go to the seaside this weekend?” “Yes, if it’s raining. “ :lol:

We like watching the sea in all weathers, sitting on the pier with an ice cream, or in a restaurant overlooking the sea with fish n chips ... and doing the food shop for the weekend in the town ... Southwold or Cromer? Haven’t decided yet ...
suffolk
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 22nd, 2019, 9:30 am

Yep. The coast is beautiful in any weather.

Oh, Southwold for me. I have just realised it's over 30 years since I last went there. Happy memories :luv: .

Honestly, I blame Wildies for not getting a move on this morning :evil: . I glanced at the joke thread and ended up watching Pam Ayres clips she's local to these parts and such a nice person.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 22nd, 2019, 10:05 am

EM, glad you managed to escape from your training course early. We could have met up- I was in town en route back from cleaning house of friend who lives in Aldermaston. The talk on Bronze Age food sounds fascinating! I would have enjoyed that. :D

Suffs, have a lovely time at the coast.

Just returned from surgery for routine fasting cholesterol test. Lovely GP suggested I had it done again around now as the last one (October) was elevated (unusual for me). She thought it was possibly hormonal. If not, all roads lead to statins. Anyway, we shall see... it is most frustrating- I'm not overweight, I don't drink to excess, my diet is good, I don't smoke and I get tons of exercise yet I have hypertension and now it looks as though my cholesterol is also galloping upwards. I can only presume hereditary factors have kicked in as I've hit the menopause but I do feel like calling on the referee.... :rolleyes:

Anyhow, at least I can have a cuppa now :mug: :lol:

Have a good day all :wave: :luv:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby scullion » March 22nd, 2019, 10:13 am

if you're interested the experimental archæologist jacqui woods has a prehistoric cookbook, too.
scullion
Registered

Postby Seatallan » March 22nd, 2019, 10:18 am

That looks right up my alley Scully! :tu:
Seatallan
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 22nd, 2019, 10:58 am

Scully, that was one of the books on display for us to look through along with various others. I am hoping to get a copy - also Food & Farming in Prehistoric Britain by Paul Elliott. I love the place I have found that does these talks an courses, it ties in well with other interests I have. It's on a farm out in the sticks where all kinds of research into soil, beetles and things is happening and all the speakers are working archeologists, I think mostly connected with Oxford as it isn't too far away. They do things like making metal tools and utensils as well which looks interesting - though perhaps one shouldn't go home on the bus with a sharp knife or sword these days :?. They all seem so young - one wishes one could turn back the clock and start afresh sometimes!
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Ratatouille » March 22nd, 2019, 11:08 am

Morning everyone :wave:

Just back from a foray to Fresh for some natural smoked haddock and of course got waylaid by the other goodies and came back with far more than i intended.

Gorgeous morning with, even in Fresh carpark, the birds singing their little hearts out and several sorts of butterflies and bees bombing about.
It was 19C a couple of minutes ago.

The talk sounds really interesting em.

Must go and make some lunch soon. Bacon butties with the rest of the real bacon from last nights liver and.............
Cooking for those you care about is the most profound expression of love - Anne-Sophie Pic
Ratatouille
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 22nd, 2019, 12:58 pm

The power is back on, electrically powered clocks etc all corrected. The electricity was turned off as the water board was digging up the road somewhere near power cables. The quiet was lovely, all I could hear was the chickens. You do not realise that there is so much background noise until it is removed. At out old house we were surrounded by people with swimming pools and the hum of their pumps.

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby TeresaFoodie » March 22nd, 2019, 1:04 pm

Hello all,

A lovely and sunny, bright and breezy day here. All the windows are open and it feels very spring like.

A very interesting bus journey this morning. I boarded the first bus of the morning doing a circuit of local villages. As the door opened and I climbed aboard something fell off the bus onto the pavement. The driver hopped off to have a look. It was part of the door, possibly a hinge? Each subsequent stop to pick someone up the hinge fell off again, so it was stop start all the way to work as he had to do mini repairs to his bus. Still in on time though.

I am being forced into having a lunch break so that IT can give me access to my predecessor's inbox. So after I've read what you lot have been up to I think I will get stuck into my latest addiction - The Independent word puzzle Word Wipe. I didn't get to do my hair or biscuits last night so those are the jobs for this evening.

Have fun this afternoon everyone!
Imagine peace
TeresaFoodie
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » March 22nd, 2019, 1:06 pm

earthmaiden wrote:Scully, that was one of the books on display for us to look through along with various others. I am hoping to get a copy - also Food & Farming in Prehistoric Britain by Paul Elliott. I love the place I have found that does these talks an courses, it ties in well with other interests I have. It's on a farm out in the sticks where all kinds of research into soil, beetles and things is happening and all the speakers are working archeologists, I think mostly connected with Oxford as it isn't too far away. They do things like making metal tools and utensils as well which looks interesting - though perhaps one shouldn't go home on the bus with a sharp knife or sword these days :?. They all seem so young - one wishes one could turn back the clock and start afresh sometimes!

Oooh, I would be interested in that … would it be too far for me to drive down ?
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby cyprusmoira » March 22nd, 2019, 2:21 pm

The kitchen smells lovely, Deb has stripped the dried oregano off its stalks, it is having its final dry on paper towels, I have been salting lemons for North African dishes, salt and lemon are wonderful for finding all those small cuts on your hands :o

Moira
cyprusmoira
Registered

Postby scullion » March 22nd, 2019, 5:44 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote: I would be interested in that

hmm, so would i. where exactly is it, please?
scullion
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » March 22nd, 2019, 7:05 pm

Seatallen, Scully, Pat .... https://www.berrycrofthub.com/

It's on the Wilts/Oxon/Berks border.
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » March 22nd, 2019, 7:25 pm

Have just got up for the 2nd time today !

After the first time I spent 2 hours shifting a pile of soil that was left after burying the soak away. I should not have done it I know as I am suffering with my chest pain again but Mr. Z. refused to do it, builders said they would have to charge us for it........ So not a happy bunny but a full nights sleep will hopefully sort it out. :?

Yesterday after spending a lot of time in town I spotted a patch of buddleia sprouting out of some waste ground so pulled some up and have now planted them around the house.

I have also cleaned up the old heated towel rail, it had various paint and water stains but now looks spanking new. In the new ensuite large white tiles have been stuck on 'brick style' so blue mosaics and very light blue grout will happen on Monday. I also found some very pale blue paint that matches the grout perfectly so the plan is coming together. The £5 bag of 'old' pennies will go on the floor and then be sealed (by me) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=penny ... mnM:&vet=1

Supper is an easy plate of fresh sardines and brown rolls with maybe a salad on the side.

Have a great w/e everyone :luv:
Zosherooney
Registered

PreviousNext

Return to The Coffee Shop