One for Suffs.

Order yourself a latte, and a pastry (The virtual cinnamon buns are excellent today). And have a nice chat.

One for Suffs.

Postby Zosherooney » May 8th, 2019, 2:44 pm

Zosherooney
Registered

Re: One for Suffs.

Postby suffolk » May 8th, 2019, 3:35 pm

It's folk giving them sunflower seeds and stuff ... rots their teeth too. :rolleyes:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » May 9th, 2019, 10:54 am

Awww …. last night's programme about Hedgehogs featuring Steve Backshall and (Dr) Brian May was very interesting … further episodes to come. :tu:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2019, 11:11 am

I shall have to watch on Catch up. :D

Do you know about this website? https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/

Lots of info about how to help them
... linking up gardens so they can wander and ‘meet up’, how and what to feed them and how to make your garden wildlife friendly. Great site :tu:
“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” —Winnie-the-Pooh
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » May 9th, 2019, 11:19 am

suffolk wrote:Lots of info about how to help them... linking up gardens so they can wander and ‘meet up’, how and what to feed them and how to make your garden wildlife friendly. Great site

I can just imagine the response of my neighbours …. :td: :td: :td: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
No-one knows if you've done your housework, but everyone knows if you've done your gardening !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2019, 11:24 am

It’s only a hole the dice of a CD at the base of the fence ... we’ve all got them around here :D
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » May 9th, 2019, 12:20 pm

suffolk wrote:It’s only a hole the dice of a CD at the base of the fence ... we’ve all got them around here :D

I have concrete gravel boards at the base of most of my fencing ... it doesn't keep the rats out though :( ;) :rolleyes:
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Postby Zosherooney » May 9th, 2019, 4:10 pm

We have a rat that lives next door, a female one, :evil: Drove up our private road today all her windows open and music on FULL blast..... :rolleyes:
Zosherooney
Registered

Postby earthmaiden » May 9th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Rats can squeeze through the teeniest cracks :evil:. I have had so much trouble in the past it got so they could almost be my Mastermind subject. :lol:
earthmaiden
Registered

Postby suffolk » May 9th, 2019, 7:19 pm

PatsyMFagan wrote:
suffolk wrote:It’s only a hole the dice of a CD at the base of the fence ... we’ve all got them around here :D

I have concrete gravel boards at the base of most of my fencing ... it doesn't keep the rats out though :( ;) :rolleyes:

Concrete gravel boards have been cited as one of the causes of the decline of hedgehogs in the UK :(

Rats can climb fences ... I’ve seen them climb concrete block walls :evil:
suffolk
Registered

Postby PatsyMFagan » May 9th, 2019, 7:29 pm

suffolk wrote:Concrete gravel boards have been cited as one of the causes of the decline of hedgehogs in the UK Rats can climb fences ... I’ve seen them climb concrete block walls

I don't have gravel boards at the bottom of the garden, but in any case hogs would have a hard job climbing up into my garden from quite a drop down into the field at the bottom.

Yesterday I had a rat just climbing down from my wisteria !
PatsyMFagan
Registered

Return to The Coffee Shop